[#2]
Nasty this morning. Lets hope for a recovery
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 9:43:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dangerdan:
View Quote

I was watching the page as the bell rang. The volume clicked over 700,000 shares later about ten seconds later. I've never seen that before on MVIS.

We've done half our average daily volume in 12 minutes.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 10:32:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Bought $6.50 puts yesterday expiring tomorrow
Sold them this morning for a 50% gain
Used that to but Jan 24 $6 calls
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 10:32:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 10:35:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By dangerdan:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/8/2023 10:46:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:

MobileEye is doing well after Cannacord gives them a $50 Target.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/59505/Capture_JPG-2843135.JPG

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Osprey61:
Dang, my entire watch list is red, with the exception of Microvision and AEye (at a $0.19 stock price).

Nice show of strength right now with the NASDAQ tunneling.

MobileEye is doing well after Cannacord gives them a $50 Target.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/59505/Capture_JPG-2843135.JPG

... and they did a 38.5 million share offering.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 12:20:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Jon_C_:

Something about a 'weedeater gets the bullet too'?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jon_C_:
Guess we need a thread title change if this keeps up...

Something about a 'weedeater gets the bullet too'?

Holy fuck yes
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 12:31:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Well I guess buying more MVIS shares at $7.72 today wasn't too smart.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 12:32:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:
Apple announced a new VR system.  There is some speculation that MVIS may be involved.  As far as I know, there is no evidence.
View Quote

the announce VR system at WWDC was an old panel setup, not a MEMS system.  you are looking at two TV monitors inside the goggles.

don't see how MVIS would be involved in that revealed setup.  that's not to say that they couldn't be working on a projection system as well though.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 12:57:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By jpcdmd:
Well I guess buying more MVIS shares at $7.72 today wasn't too smart.
View Quote

I may have just bought some 6.5 calls expiring tomorrow.

I'm sure it's pennies compared to your order.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 1:22:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Looks like the daily weirdness continues on the MVIS front. Almost 12m shares traded. At least its entertaining to watch.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 1:25:43 PM EDT
[#13]

I may have just bought some 6.5 calls expiring tomorrow.

I'm sure it's pennies compared to your order.
View Quote
I went the other direction... I sold 9.50 covered calls for tomorrow
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 1:30:18 PM EDT
[#14]
This volatile but maybe bull-ish market is great for calls.

I sold 3 $8 calls ITM yesterday for $60 each, and just bought them back for $17.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 1:43:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By MongooseKY:
I went the other direction... I sold 9.50 covered calls for tomorrow
View Quote

I never said I was smart, but I did take some profit on the bounce.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 1:47:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Man I really want to short MVIS after taking a beating as it fell from the $20's, apparently there are no shares available though. I see nothing that shows this company doing anything to justify the current price. Is the upwards movement based off the Apple speculation alone?
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 1:48:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Seems like somebody wants us range-bound today.

I'm not smart enough to understand the underlying strategy, so I stole some of Geo's thoughts from just a little earlier.

"Still no detectable sign of shares being returned to the lending pool.

I'm left with two thoughts:

Remember we closed last Friday at $4.91, and hit $8.20 mid-week. Think of all the weekly options in the money, some big-time. The MMs may have decided they couldn't wait for Friday to try to limit their pain on those weekly options.

Someone is accumulating, using algos to beat it back with selling from their inventory, then accumulate them back and more, but at a lower price than they would have gotten without leveraging the stop losses and beer money day traders to try to keep the price "orderly" (for some values of "orderly", anyway).

Or perhaps, 1 & 2 together."
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 2:00:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Boedy:
Man I really want to short MVIS after taking a beating as it fell from the $20's, apparently there are no shares available though. I see nothing that shows this company doing anything to justify the current price. Is the upwards movement based off the Apple speculation alone?
View Quote

That might be a really dangerous assumption. I don't think anyone seriously believes the current rise was driven by the Apple Pro, it's using a different system.

We're moving into the period where Sumit said we can expect the automotive OEMs to start making decisions based on the sensor samples and RFI/RFQs that were submitted several months ago. I don't realistically expect any one company to dominate, but there's a lot of pent up pressure under Microvision. They capture just one of the majors and that first shock may be pretty violent.

Sumit doesn't exaggerate, won't do nebulous press releases and has high expectations for what's about to come. He's also been very quiet since the Annual Shareholder Meeting, where he got the last pieces he needed locked in place. It's your money, but I'd review all the available information before I started shorting at $7.XX.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 2:04:53 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

Buy puts... at least you can only lose your initial investment.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 2:15:15 PM EDT
[#20]

That might be a really dangerous assumption. I don't think anyone seriously believes the current rise was driven by the Apple Pro, it's using a different system.

We're moving into the period where Sumit said we can expect the automotive OEMs to start making decisions based on the sensor samples and RFI/RFQs that were submitted several months ago. I don't realistically expect any one company to dominate, but there's a lot of pent up pressure under Microvision. They capture just one of the majors and that first shock may be pretty violent.

Sumit doesn't exaggerate, won't do nebulous press releases and has high expectations for what's about to come. He's also been very quiet since the Annual Shareholder Meeting, where he got the last pieces he needed locked in place. It's your money, but I'd review all the available information before I started shorting at $7.XX.
View Quote

Admittedly I am super pissed at myself for not going in at $1.90 last month as I had a buy order ready that I never executed. That said I worry that this is a pump and dump situation were the stock will roll back hard unless some real good news is released soon. This kind of crazy run up leads to profit taking and that will drive the stock back down fast.  Only thing stopping me is the lack of shares available to short at the moment. Maybe I will buy some puts?
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 2:24:27 PM EDT
[#21]

Admittedly I am super pissed at myself for not going in at $1.90 last month as I had a buy order ready that I never executed. That said I worry that this is a pump and dump situation were the stock will roll back hard unless some real good news is released soon. This kind of crazy run up leads to profit taking and that will drive the stock back down fast.  Only thing stopping me is the lack of shares available to short at the moment. Maybe I will buy some puts?
View Quote

I did that yesterday
Bought $6.50's expiring tomorrow
Made 50% when I sold this morning
I also have some further out
I'm using them as a hedge on my shares
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 3:06:12 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

When I started buying, the stock had already fallen off the cliff and was mired around the 5's.
At first it was a "gamble stock" to see if it ran up again...sadly we know how that played out. As I did my DD and by reading comments on this thread (and a few internet sources) it seemed that there is "intrinsic value" to their business model (as they have IP in the bag that may be needed by other players). I cost average down during the "depressed" share price. I truly believe (as others do) that they will do well in the automotive market (as well as robotics). However time will tell, as this is a LONG play for my portfolio and while I am squirming in my chair to sell some, I am resisting that urge as I believe in Sumits' plan. I am not shy to take a profit, but I will play the waiting game.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 3:31:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Carvana up almost 60%
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 3:44:03 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

Revenge trading always works. All in on puts!
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 3:45:16 PM EDT
[#25]
About 15m Mavis shares traded today. Not that much price movement. Interesting.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 3:50:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#26]
Originally Posted By BM-ARM-DPMS-guns:
About 15m Mavis shares traded today. Not that much price movement. Interesting.
View Quote

She seems to be fairly stable and comfortable in the 7s for now, at least.

Which is a hell of a lot better for my portfolio and my heartburn than being comfortable in the 1.90s.

ETA:  We might just finish on the plus side today after all…
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 3:53:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Long as I'm swiping other people's stuff...QQPenn posting on StockTwits, where he likes to keep the hornets stirred up. He actually posts under WWTech there, and QQPenn on R/MVIS. Mostly good quality stuff.

"Things that will keep the squeeze on...  1M shares from FTDs due Monday. Naked options contracts from people who didn't learn their lesson in 2020. You'll see signs of the extent of that today, and tomorrow should spike if those who do not heed history succumb to it yet again. The wild card: News. That will be a lit fuse at all times in the background now. On material news, guidance will be revised upward. They told you their expectations on Investor Day... close on RFQs in flight, Ibeo's customer lineage is a likely initial who's who, and beat guidance every time. Also, the Movia team is out there in full swing right now. Unlike 2020, MVIS has built a significant business mechanism from top to bottom ready to take off. Good luck if you're betting against that. Sumit didn't. His 214K personal investment months in is now worth 1.49M  Finally, shareholders pushed hard on mgmt for 2 years to improve communication. Now they own the narrative. You can't fud into that."
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 4:07:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Long as I'm swiping other people's stuff...QQPenn posting on StockTwits, where he likes to keep the hornets stirred up. He actually posts under WWTech there, and QQPenn on R/MVIS. Mostly good quality stuff.

"Things that will keep the squeeze on...  1M shares from FTDs due Monday. Naked options contracts from people who didn't learn their lesson in 2020. You'll see signs of the extent of that today, and tomorrow should spike if those who do not heed history succumb to it yet again. The wild card: News. That will be a lit fuse at all times in the background now. On material news, guidance will be revised upward. They told you their expectations on Investor Day... close on RFQs in flight, Ibeo's customer lineage is a likely initial who's who, and beat guidance every time. Also, the Movia team is out there in full swing right now. Unlike 2020, MVIS has built a significant business mechanism from top to bottom ready to take off. Good luck if you're betting against that. Sumit didn't. His 214K personal investment months in is now worth 1.49M  Finally, shareholders pushed hard on mgmt for 2 years to improve communication. Now they own the narrative. You can't fud into that."
View Quote

👍
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 4:07:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Up 1% today.....shorty.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 4:46:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: waldershrek] [#30]
Hard to complain about finishing green for the day when we were red for most of it but man I'm nervous about tomorrow. Might look to lock in my original investment in my play account before waiting for the moon on the rest.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 5:18:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Anyone been following Tesla in the last 2-3 weeks? I almost bought some at $187 now shes $242 after hours.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 5:40:43 PM EDT
[#32]
I've caught myself being mesmerized by the stock price.  Ne harasho.  Keep your eye on the big picture.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 5:55:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Kuraki:

You sound like my wife
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kuraki:

You sound like my wife

I'm not sure how to respond to that, or if I even should?

- Your choice in men is impeccable
- You married a swell guy
- I'm out of ideas???

Link Posted: 6/8/2023 7:05:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Tango:
Anyone been following Tesla in the last 2-3 weeks? I almost bought some at $187 now shes $242 after hours.
View Quote

I sold all my TSLA around $200.

I wanted to buy more ABML.

It was stuck around $180 for a long time, didn't think it would take off like it did.

O well.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 8:08:10 PM EDT
[#35]
So, I wonder if these guys bought calls to cover these.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/8/2023 8:43:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 9:56:37 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

Tesla is 61% of my non-401k holdings.  I pay lots of attention
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 6:48:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SparticleBrane] [#38]
View Quote

Me, yesterday: "I should buy some TSLA tomorrow"

TSLA: "haha fuck you I'll jump 5% overnight"

Me:
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 6:52:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By SparticleBrane:

Me, yesterday: "I should buy some TSLA tomorrow"

TSLA: "haha fuck you I'll jump 5% overnight"

Me:
View Quote

Ive been doing that for days.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 7:39:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SparticleBrane] [#40]
Alright boys, I'm calling it. $249 is the top for TSLA.

Why? Because I just bought in, pre-market. And my track record so far is really good at buying in at the literal top.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 7:44:18 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By SparticleBrane:
Alright boys, I'm calling it. $249 is the top for TSLA.

Why? Because I just bought in, pre-market. And my track record so far is really good at buying in at the literal top.
View Quote

I have no research on any of it. Sounds like im in!
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 7:45:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Green line is going up and to the right.

rocket_emoji.gif

That's all the DD I need!!
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 7:58:09 AM EDT
[#43]

I have no research on any of it. Sounds like im in!
View Quote

GM and F agreed to use TSLA charging system as industry standard.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 8:01:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Fidelity borrow fee from 41-42.5%

Volume seems slow this morning.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 8:10:00 AM EDT
[#45]

GM and F agreed to use TSLA charging system as industry standard.
View Quote

Yep they just won the DVD vs VHS war and it could become the standard worldwide.
Think if Apple charging cable became the standard for all phones everywhere and they got paid on the license
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 8:19:51 AM EDT
[#46]
I might dip my toe in some Tesla if there's a dip after the bell this morning.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 9:43:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By tornadochaser:
I might dip my toe in some Tesla if there's a dip after the bell this morning.
View Quote

In at $246
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 10:05:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 10:39:34 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:
View Quote

...and slide...

High Volume again. 4 million.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 10:42:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 1703
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top