User Panel

Page / 1715
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 4:09:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By number40Fan:

WTF is up with the afterhours?
View Quote

Small buys rolling in. I’m not sure, just happened to catch it on Twitter this morning.

Not sure about options either.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 4:10:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:
This is a real hoot - new SA article.  How much farther off base could you be?

The company's exposure to the recession in Germany and Europe, as well as a lack of recent communication from management, raises concerns.
I recommend selling the stock at its current price, as future free cash flow and employee headcount do not seem to support the current market capitalization.

MicroVision Did Not Really Explain The Recent Increase In The Stock Price

I dislike that I cannot really explain why the stock price increased that much. The company did not provide a press release noting any kind of acquisition, new development, or corporate transaction. The press release was issued on May 9, 2023. I really do not think that the new information reported in May could explain why the share price keeps trending up in June.
View Quote

SA is the jim cramer of stock publications.  Or makbe jim cramer is the human version of SA, not sure which direction that works.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 4:14:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:
Didn’t we all figure it would get smashed down today since too many options were in the money? Seems like it almost always goes towards max pain.
View Quote

Correct.  Looks like $5.50 for next friday...typical pattern would be an increase Mon to wed/thurs, then a drop, unless shorts see blood in the water and want lower losses on their $2 short sales.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 4:16:25 PM EDT
[#4]
We still finished well ahead of Luminar. It's a small satisfaction on days like this. Knew this was coming, but I didn't think they'd go balls out today.

I got another text from Schlob asking me to loan my shares.

And this...kind of weird, I'm not a big Delo fan, but I don't think he's a liar. Accelerated margin maintenance calls?

"Just an update, received a message from someone that their brokerage had called about an immediate liquidation being possible for their position due to risk assessment. Looks like the shorting entities went all out and chose to circumvent all normal methods to try and locate shares through accelerated margin maintenance calls. Just a warning about being on margins here, know your risks and thresholds."
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 4:20:27 PM EDT
[#5]
In all this volatility I made $250 with 500 shares over the last two days by selling and buying covered calls. I kept all my shares too.

I would have liked the share price to end higher but at least I made some money along the way.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 4:33:24 PM EDT
[#6]
See, I told you I'd pick the top for TSLA.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 4:42:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Sonoran_Tj:
In all this volatility I made $250 with 500 shares over the last two days by selling and buying covered calls. I kept all my shares too.

I would have liked the share price to end higher but at least I made some money along the way.
View Quote

Very nice
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 4:52:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 5:15:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By SparticleBrane:
View Quote

I bought in behind you. Im down about $6
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 5:20:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Came in the house just now from working on my old Plymouth, to see a share price of $6.66. Bad omen? Spooky!
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 5:22:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By BM-ARM-DPMS-guns:
Came in the house just now from working on my old Plymouth, to see a share price of $6.66. Bad omen? Spooky!
View Quote

You're supposed to shoot the car now.

Link Posted: 6/9/2023 5:28:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Tango:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SparticleBrane:

Sorry.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 6:37:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Scrote:

You're supposed to shoot the car now.

View Quote

Damn… Putting a round into an original 426 Hemi would be poor choice.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 5:35:36 AM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

Pull out the ashtray.
Take it to the back yard.
Tell the ashtray about the future pig farm.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 7:03:15 AM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

A significant amount of this thread is about people making poor choices….
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 7:53:23 AM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

For the love of.................... stop working on the old Plymouth
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 9:46:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bradpierson26] [#17]

View Quote

Cool, choosing violence on a Saturday. Ass

Link Posted: 6/10/2023 9:54:12 AM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 10:13:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Poor choices, actions, or deeds, we've all been there (except for the perfect arfcom billionaire w/ a SM wife and 15" schlong).

A retrospective of what I should have done trading MVIS last week, a sob story of epic poor choices.
My back of napkin maths says that ~600 shares sold near weekly top and repurchased near the Fri low could have easily netted an extra position.

I was simply frozen by the volume confirming pps movement and did ..... nothing.
Kept telling my self, wait for $12, that is the mark that MVIS must hit before I start trading without regrets.

Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:09:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Total53:
Poor choices, actions, or deeds, we've all been there (except for the perfect arfcom billionaire w/ a SM wife and 15" schlong).

A retrospective of what I should have done trading MVIS last week, a sob story of epic poor choices.
My back of napkin maths says that ~600 shares sold near weekly top and repurchased near the Fri low could have easily netted an extra position.

I was simply frozen by the volume confirming pps movement and did ..... nothing.
Kept telling my self, wait for $12, that is the mark that MVIS must hit before I start trading without regrets.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oD3YqPwr89pI4mnsc/giphy.gif
View Quote

I didn’t sell anything either. I’m thinking this past week was just a “blip” and pretty meaningless in the long term.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:14:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Total53:

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oD3YqPwr89pI4mnsc/giphy.gif
View Quote

Same, but I hadn't narrowed it down to $12.

Monday?!
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:19:24 AM EDT
[#22]

I didn’t sell anything either. I’m thinking this past week was just a “blip” and pretty meaningless in the long term.
View Quote

I tend to agree, but we're close enough to some significant pivot points that the risk of actively trading is definitely there.

If nothing else, hopefully it reset our baseline support at a much higher level, even if we do fall back some more next week.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:19:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Looks like a million short shares due between Monday and Wednesday.  Hope there is even more past then but no idea how to find out.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 8:59:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:
Looks like a million short shares due between Monday and Wednesday.  Hope there is even more past then but no idea how to find out.
View Quote

More than that, a million short whose original sale price may be as low as $2. That makes it more interesting...
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 9:16:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Can we weed whack on closed market days?
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 10:43:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 10:03:23 AM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/11/2023 11:29:42 PM EDT
[#28]
View All Quotes

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/illallowit-195.gif

Link Posted: 6/12/2023 6:19:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Mvis
$6.90
+.20
Vol 4,500
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 7:03:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#30]
Another positive SA article;

MOVIA is a LiDAR sensor technology developed by MicroVision. It is small, light, robust, and suitable for industrial applications. MOVIA, developed according to automotive-grade standards, is a reliable sensor for versatile use cases such as agriculture, logistics, mining, and nautic. It has no moving parts and provides 4D output, including a point cloud and intensity image. It is also protected from environmental influences, making it a robust solution for various industries.

MicroVision is also engaged with OEMs for technology and partnership review for sensors targeted for roofline and behind-windshield integration for its MAVIN dynamic-view LiDAR and in-body integration for MOVIA sensors. MAVIN is another LiDAR system developed by MicroVision, which includes dynamic range lidar (MAVIN DR), short range (MAVIN SR), medium range (MAVIN MR), and long-range (MAVIN LR). This system enables new ADAS safety features, addressing the need to see farther, with greater clarity, and to respond faster to emerging situations. MAVIN DR is the first to offer a dynamic range, combining short-, medium-, and long-range sensing and fields of view into one form factor. This new sensor produces an ultra-high-resolution point cloud showing drivable and non-drivable areas of the road ahead.

At first glance, it may seem that MicroVision is overvalued with a ridiculous EV/Sales of 1,184.86. which is way above its 5-year average of 251.46. However, we need to look at forward-looking metrics given that MicroVision's sales are expected to boom over the next couple of years. Its forward EV/Sales sit at 108.22, which may still seem very high but is down over 43% from its 5-year average of 190.42. This means that if we consider next year's growth, MVIS is trading at a discount to what it usually trades for. It's important to compare these metrics with the company's past values since hyper-growth stocks like this tend to have absurd numbers that can't truly be compared to more established companies.

MVIS isn't trading at a terrible level, especially considering the recent soar in share price which may be due to a short squeeze. MVIS is a heavily shorted stock, with short shares making up about 27% of the company's total float. The theory that the recent rally is a short squeeze in disguise is plausible given these circumstances. However, the fact that so many shores are shorted should not be too discouraging since major companies are betting big on the stock with Blackrock and Vanguard owning over 12% of the company combined. As such, this recent squeeze is likely to fizzle out soon and it may be better to wait for a 10-15% pullback for a better entry.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4610847-microvision-huge-potential-but-wait-for-a-pull-back
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 7:23:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Interesting, I'm going to get drunk at the beach for +/- a week, so didn't want to have to read and follow this all week. Figured I'd set a moonlambo sell order incase something happens while I'm gone. Robinhood rejected my $99/share limit order, saying it's "too aggressive"...

Somebody call me if we start heading towards $36+ ok?
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 7:48:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 9:11:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Andrapos:
I'm not sure what, if any, effect may be felt by MVIS, but this Friday is a triple witching day.  

To the moon!  
View Quote

Not to be a buzzkill, but historically, we have done terrible on witching days.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 9:51:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Ouch....

I'm out.  Time to sell puts.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 10:13:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Oh good Etrade is unavailable until 8pm while they switch everything over to morgan stanley
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 10:25:23 AM EDT
[#36]
She's trying to re-group
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 11:12:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Typical Monday I see.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 11:18:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 11:37:27 AM EDT
[#39]

What does this mean, and what are the implications?
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 11:59:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: StockDog] [#40]
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:

View All Quotes

I’m trying to track all of this as well.  

First, there were no shares available.  Second, did another entity(s) cough up 500K of shares to loan out?  

Does it pay 60% of the share extrapolated down to the daily rate.

Can shorts can infinitely pull shares from nowhere?  Are these shares without backing?  Is this a bluff to drive out tge retail market?
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 12:29:43 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

The implication is that shorts now have shares available to short with. The recent run-up had a lot to do with no shares available to borrow.

A bit of respite we may have is ~ a million ftd's due Tuesday-Wednesday... unless some announcement is made, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 12:51:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By StockDog:

I’m trying to track all of this as well.  

First, there were no shares available.  Second, did another entity(s) cough up 500K of shares to loan out?  

Does it pay 60% of the share extrapolated down to the daily rate.

Can shorts can infinitely pull shares from nowhere?  Are these shares without backing?  Is this a bluff to drive out tge retail market?
View Quote

Just my speculation, but triple-witching, rebalancing, SSR, FTD, days to cover...none of it seems to matter much any more, or it matters very little. Seems like any systemic situation that gave retail investors an advantage has been neutered by the institutional players. They got their fingers burned by the failure of the ST/WSB crowd to understand "reason", and fixed that situation most rikki-tik.

The Gamestock squeeze happened two years ago, and I doubt we shall see it's equal again.

For those that follow such things, several of the hardcore TA adherents on R/MVIS predicted another fairly significant pull-back today, which somehow puts MVIS in position for another runup this week. I didn't get into the details, so I don't know what they were consider the driving factors, but I'm curious to see how it plays out. Hard spikes on speculation and volatility won't get us there, only contracts or material events matter now.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 1:16:22 PM EDT
[#43]
I have been just casually paying attention. I’m chilling in the southern  Outer banks.

If anyone is interested in fishing, the Big Rock Blue Marlin tournament is going on this week. I fished the ladies tournament Saturday……..didn’t win.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 1:17:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:
For those that follow such things, several of the hardcore TA adherents on R/MVIS predicted another fairly significant pull-back today, which somehow puts MVIS in position for another runup this week. I didn't get into the details, so I don't know what they were consider the driving factors, but I'm curious to see how it plays out. Hard spikes on speculation and volatility won't get us there, only contracts or material events matter now.
View Quote

Makes me curious if this $6.20 area is a solid buy point
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 1:21:47 PM EDT
[#45]
What did you guys do? I am no longer up 10%.  

Link Posted: 6/12/2023 1:30:02 PM EDT
[#46]

The implication is that shorts now have shares available to short with. The recent run-up had a lot to do with no shares available to borrow.

A bit of respite we may have is ~ a million ftd's due Tuesday-Wednesday... unless some announcement is made, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that.
View All Quotes

Time for mvis to exercise some more share offerings!

(I say this in jest, but it wouldn’t surprise me)
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 2:01:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Looking at the chart, this pullback is not surprising. Right back to the trend line and showing nice support there. Great entry opp.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 2:23:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By JarheadPatriot:
What did you guys do? I am no longer up 10%.  

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/114153065117226dz_GIF-124.gif
View Quote

Should have sold at $8
A fast and hard run up is what mavis does. it also goes back down just as fast.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 6:22:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 12:39:08 AM EDT
[#50]

Im still watching Tesla
Page / 1715
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top