Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 1712
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 6:51:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AZgunnerLEO:
Grabbed 800 shares at .98 each. Trying to decide whether to sell for a small profit if it goes up tomorrow, or if I want to roll the dice and hold on to them until sometime next week.
View Quote
You can always sell half/keep half. That way if it skyrockets you make a nice profit without worrying about FOMO.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 7:09:59 PM EDT
[#2]
After hours selling at .97 a min ago.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 7:47:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IceStationZebra] [#3]
I saw a sheet of the bids and asks.

I think there was maybe 2k shares with bids in the 90's but there was an absolute wall of swveral hundred thousand shares of asks starting at 1.00 up to 1.10.  I don't know that even with volume like last week and the week before, we could overcome those walls.

Someone made the off the cuff statement that we cannot win with this stock that MVIS was fixed from the start.

On my walk tonight that got me thinking about collusion and what if MVIS and the purchasers were in on it to keep the share price down so the company could be stolen for a crazy price like $2 a share.

Preposterous?  Shareholders wouldn't vote for it?

Maybe, maybe not.  Turn the stock into a penny stock and create a class of low asp speculators fighting over pennies and maybe $2 is enough to win.  Then the mvis management takes their bribes and ride off into the sunset

It sounds like a Clancy novel but this stock is insanely dirty.  I'm starting to wonder if I can hit the home run.  I might be intentionally walked or worse yet have the pitcher throw at my head.

Am I crazy thinking this way?  Other than penny flippers and the acquirer who wins by the stock being manipulated like this?  Why can't the laws of supply and demand overcome what is clearly a plot I do not understand.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 8:03:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dle1424] [#4]
Originally Posted By IceStationZebra:

I think there was maybe 2k shares with bids in the 90's but there was an absolute wall of swveral hundred thousand shares of asks starting at 1.00 up to 1.10.  I don't know that even with volume like last week and the week before, we could overcome those walls.

Someone made the off the cuff statement that we cannot win with this stock that MVIS was fixed from the start.

On my walk tonight that got me thinking about collusion and what if MVIS and the purchasers were in on it to keep the share price down so the company could be stolen for a crazy price like $2 a share.

Maybe, maybe not.  Turn the stock into a penny stock and create a class of low asp speculators fighting over pennies and maybe $2 is enough to win.  Then the mvis management takes their bribes and ride off into the sunset

It sounds like a Clancy novel but this stock is insanely dirty.  I'm starting to wonder if I can hit the home run.  I might be intentionally walked or worse yet have the pitcher throw at my head.

Am I crazy thinking this way?  Other than penny flippers and the acquirer who wins by the stock being manipulated like this?  Why can't the laws of supply and demand overcome what is clearly a plot I do not understand.
View Quote

ok i am by no means a conspiracy theorist.  your theory sounds far fetched, but it is in the realm of possibility because of the greed of man.

i have seen way too many small caps that were 'sure' bets end up being dumped by people in the know prior to the news being fed to the masses.  coincidence, i think not.  too much goes on behind closed doors to think otherwise.

i appreciate everyone's optimism, my opinion i dont think 7-10, 12, 15 per share is in the cards.

i said it before and i'll say it again, i would be tickled with 5 per share if there is even a buyout that occurs.

sorry i am not trying to be a party pooper or buzz killer.  just trying to stay grounded in a world full of short circuits.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 9:31:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By dle1424:

ok i am by no means a conspiracy theorist.  your theory sounds far fetched, but it is in the realm of possibility because of the greed of man.

i have seen way too many small caps that were 'sure' bets end up being dumped by people in the know prior to the news being fed to the masses.  coincidence, i think not.  too much goes on behind closed doors to think otherwise.

i appreciate everyone's optimism, my opinion i dont think 7-10, 12, 15 per share is in the cards.

i said it before and i'll say it again, i would be tickled with 5 per share if there is even a buyout that occurs.

sorry i am not trying to be a party pooper or buzz killer.  just trying to stay grounded in a world full of short circuits.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Normally I would call you a pessimist. $5 is my starting point due to the net operating loss but given this craziness, who knows

I'm still thinking in a normal world, this should be $7.50 or higher.  But this stock who knows?  This is insanity and if it sells for $2 or $3 I will be heartbroken and pissed at the same time.

This is my chance.  I'm tapped out professionally, won't invent anything and already have a side business that keeps me busy.  So if this isn't my home run, there will not be one.  I guess there is always an opportunity to be hit by a Bentley or Ferrari or Lamborghini while walking in buckhead and win the personal injury lotto, but knowing my luck itll be a stolen car without insurance.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 9:56:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Read this story about naked shorting.  It is long but very fascinating and infuriating.

I wonder if this isn't some of what is happening with MVIS in some degree.

Freaking thieves
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 11:26:04 PM EDT
[#7]
BIOC was up nearly 12% today.  Anyone else buying it?
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 1:16:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Read this story about naked shorting.  It is long but very fascinating and infuriating.

I wonder if this isn't some of what is happening with MVIS in some degree.

Freaking thieves
View Quote

I have no idea whats going on.  Thats why I asked earlier on one of the pages why isnt everybody jumping in on this stock? It would seem the blood is in the water if it was this easy. Buy in and cash out five or fifteen times higher and walk away.  

Ive had so many deals go sideways in the world I dont know. Its strange they were trying to keep it over a dollar and then someone is trying to keep it under a dollar hmmm.

I think its odd that Texas Instruments is in the same building as MVIS.  What if theres some weird angle they are trying to act like they want MVIS to force a bid from Microsoft???  I know one thing. You guys are smarter than me with all this trading stuff. If your buying or selling keep posting.

I have just over 1500 shares. Thats not a lot to you guys but it is to me.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 7:16:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Tango:

I have no idea whats going on.  Thats why I asked earlier on one of the pages why isnt everybody jumping in on this stock? It would seem the blood is in the water if it was this easy. Buy in and cash out five or fifteen times higher and walk away.  

Ive had so many deals go sideways in the world I dont know. Its strange they were trying to keep it over a dollar and then someone is trying to keep it under a dollar hmmm.

I think its odd that Texas Instruments is in the same building as MVIS.  What if theres some weird angle they are trying to act like they want MVIS to force a bid from Microsoft???  I know one thing. You guys are smarter than me with all this trading stuff. If your buying or selling keep posting.

I have just over 1500 shares. Thats not a lot to you guys but it is to me.
View Quote

1500 shares in a buyout could yield 4500 or more dollars, if any of the predictions are correct.  that is not insignificant.  

this may be cliche.  i think the best advice is not to invest more than you are ok with losing.  would you be ok, if you woke up next tuesday and half or more of that money was gone?  

it's nice to dream of the big payout, but i think you have to stay realistic.  i would love for MVIS to get bought for 10 a share.  not sure if that is in the cards.  

i have seen far more times, the money to be made in small caps is in a run up after some type of news...  versus a buyout of the company.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 8:58:41 AM EDT
[#10]
MVIS in the news:
Perry Mulligan resignation
On the surface it sounds like it was expected/planned.  I don't see the "big picture" as well as some but this seems like it wouldn't have any effect on anything
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 9:05:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: IceStationZebra] [#11]
Originally Posted By rollin-tumblin:
MVIS in the news:
Perry Mulligan resignation
On the surface it sounds like it was expected/planned.  I don't see the "big picture" as well as some but this seems like it wouldn't have any effect on anything
View Quote

@Osprey61

Any long term investor thoughts on this?  I have no history of this guy's thoughts to know whether this signals a good thing or bad.

Editing to add that the announcement lists some health problems.  Plus I think he stayed long enough to get his restricted stock grant yesterday or the day before.

Sounds like a non-issue.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 9:16:25 AM EDT
[#12]

1500 shares in a buyout could yield 4500 or more dollars, if any of the predictions are correct.  that is not insignificant.  

this may be cliche.  i think the best advice is not to invest more than you are ok with losing.  would you be ok, if you woke up next tuesday and half or more of that money was gone?  

it's nice to dream of the big payout, but i think you have to stay realistic.  i would love for MVIS to get bought for 10 a share.  not sure if that is in the cards.  

i have seen far more times, the money to be made in small caps is in a run up after some type of news...  versus a buyout of the company.
View Quote

I fully understand what I could net or lose. Im in a good place in my life and this could make it a lot better.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 10:11:21 AM EDT
[#13]
I put in a buy order for a few hundred more at .87 for the hell of it. This thing seems pretty stagnant for the last few days.
It's been a long time since I owned any stock involved in a buyout /merger. Well, ok, not really that long, but I was on the losing end of the recent buyouts .

I'd imagine when it gets closer to an impending buyout, the stock price will adjust to reflect the target aquisition cost. At what point would you say "fuckit" and go ahead and sell just in case the deal fell through? These things happen.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 10:40:33 AM EDT
[#14]
I bought a few more shares when it opened up. Somebody throw some gravel under the tires on this thing
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 12:04:50 PM EDT
[#15]

You'all got anymore dem stock tips???
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 12:29:00 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm still holding on MVIS...I'm gonna let that run into the ground with my measly 100 shares.

I've been watching MYSZ and I think it's about to take off...already up 7% today
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 12:37:15 PM EDT
[#17]

Holding MVIS

MARK should make another run next week leading up to ER.  new tweets will help, highlighted on MSNBC yesterday
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 12:42:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ConanTheCimmerian] [#18]
Originally Posted By roadrnr:
I'm still holding on MVIS...I'm gonna let that run into the ground with my measly 100 shares.

I've been watching MYSZ and I think it's about to take off...already up 7% today
View Quote

Grabbed 100 shares of MYSZ for the hell of it. C'mon baby!

Edit: and kicking myself for dumping all my MARK when it was stagnant for a week or so.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 12:46:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#19]
Had a buy order for MVIS at .98 that just fired.  Figured I'd pick up a few more shares.

Oh, how I wish I'd dumped my whole wad into them at .22....
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 12:54:29 PM EDT
[#20]
BOOM!!!

Alex Kipman, head of Hololens for Microsoft, just admitted in his online "fireside chat" that MICROVISION is the "small miracle" in Hololens.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 12:55:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:
BOOM!!!

Alex Kipman, head of Hololens for Microsoft, just admitted in his online "fireside chat" that MICROVISION is the "small miracle" in Hololens.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 1:00:22 PM EDT
[#22]
BOOM!!!

View Quote

Just grabbed another 100 at .97 each. This is looking promising.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 1:01:13 PM EDT
[#23]

@Osprey61

Any long term investor thoughts on this?  I have no history of this guy's thoughts to know whether this signals a good thing or bad.

Editing to add that the announcement lists some health problems.  Plus I think he stayed long enough to get his restricted stock grant yesterday or the day before.

Sounds like a non-issue.
View Quote

@IceStationZebra, it is a non-issue. Turns out the guy actually was sick, not just the boilerplate "leaving to spend more time with his family".

Actually a good thing, nothing like trying to manage with the former manager watching over your shoulder.

See my new post...Kipman just told the world Microvision is the small miracle in Hololens. He sounded like he'd rather swallow battery acid, but he did it
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 1:05:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tango] [#24]

@IceStationZebra, it is a non-issue. Turns out the guy actually was sick, not just the boilerplate "leaving to spend more time with his family".

Actually a good thing, nothing like trying to manage with the former manager watching over your shoulder.

See my new post...Kipman just told the world Microvision is the small miracle in Hololens. He sounded like he'd rather swallow battery acid, but he did it
View Quote

I looked that guy up and his pay. Didnt seem like a lot for a CEO. Along with bonuses and no stock options he got about a half mil.

Im all in on this boat ride.

Edit: He raked in about 585k
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 1:15:55 PM EDT
[#25]
MARK back up big today.  it had retreated downward for a few sessions and then back up for a few.  that could have been a good 25%+
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 1:22:02 PM EDT
[#26]
On for another 200 shares sub $1 today 🙂
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 1:23:12 PM EDT
[#27]
BOOM!!!

View Quote

Timestamp? I did not hear MVIS mentioned by name.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 1:29:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By IEC:

View Quote

Hey, I lied. I heard what I badly wanted to hear.

My apologies. He danced all around it and said Microsoft. This guy is a serious piece of shit.

I fuck up. Sorry. Dammit.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 1:39:16 PM EDT
[#29]

My apologies. He danced all around it and said Microsoft. This guy is a serious piece of shit.

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/22/2020 2:17:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IceStationZebra] [#30]
BOOM!!!

View Quote

Nvm asked and answered
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 2:18:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IceStationZebra] [#31]

View All Quotes

@Osprey61

Sounds like a non-issue.

Nvm asked abs answered
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 2:21:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IceStationZebra] [#32]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By IEC:

Ha no worries.

I heard him mention MEMS and then seemed to say there were thousands of parts in hololens and what really pissed me off is that he seemed to say MEMS had problems that microsoft fixed.  So we kind of got credit and then microsoft took credit again.

I hate microsoft.  I hope they get outbid.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 3:03:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nolan7120] [#33]
BOOM!!!

View Quote

You sold me. Should've bought this in the low .20's as I've been following it for quite some time. Was too busy buying REITs, Oil, and banks. Good investments I feel, but none have quadrupled in price recently like MVIS has.

Just picked up 1000 shares at .969. The loss vs gain potential is a bit too intriguing to sit this one out. Not betting the farm on it life some folks, but doesn't hurt to dabble / gamble

ETA: Saw your followup post. Still going to hold.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 3:25:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fotima] [#34]
I bought 200 uso with my savings. It's around 25 but at last year was over 200.

Link Posted: 5/22/2020 3:45:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Fuck it I'm in for a few shares
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 3:53:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: smullen] [#36]
I just bought bought 35 shares with my last few bucks cash in my Brokerage account to see what happens...
I know, I've got the poors.... Maybe I can make lunch money again.

Link Posted: 5/22/2020 4:13:05 PM EDT
[#37]
@Osprey61  Did you think this thread would go on for well over a month with almost 40 pages of posts????

I've been in an out a few times.
Even if I sell the few shares I have, I'm staying subscribed to see where it goes.

Been a fun ride so far.

Bored, and want to live dangerously?

Company I've been in for 14 years is in it's death throes...got pounded by the 'Rona. They own a wall of patents on MEMS laser projection and LIDAR, and just signed an agreement with MSFT last week to transfer manufacture of the light engine in Hololens II to a royalty agreement. The next day 50M shares traded...and there are only 150M shares total for the company. Looks now like they were cleaning up for a sale/merger because...

..."MVIS-Today announced it has retained investment banking firm Craig-Hallum Capital Group LLC to serve as its financial advisor as it explores various licensing and other strategic alternatives, including a potential sale or merger of the company."

Selling this morning at .22 to .23 a share. Speculation is rampant about what a sale would bring, because potential suitors include MSFT, Apple, STM, Sony and others. Read this thread carefully to see what's going on!...and don't gamble money you can't afford to lose. A reverse-split is also still  on the table, and those almost always destroy shareholder value*.

ETA: *"destroy shareholder value" is a euphemism for "individual investor loses his shirt".

MVIS retains Craig Hallum

Full disclosure: I hold 30K shares at an .84 ASP. If they sell for a buck a share I make beer money. If it goes for $5 I make Porsche money. Point is, at .23 right now a buck sale will be a three bagger...

UPDATE: CEO just sent out a memo begging shareholders to vote "yes" on the reverse split...heavy implication is they're getting hammered by "no" votes, and the motion won't pass, or is in serious danger.

MVIS Reddit is lighting up. I won't pretend to fully understand the repercussions, but it sure is entertaining. If you have proxy voting rights, please use them and support the vote of no confidence on item 3!

Go here and do some (non-technical) Reddit reading. Emotions running high. Share is up 28% as I type.
Form_defa14a
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/22/2020 5:28:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By GonvilleBromhead:
BIOC was up nearly 12% today.  Anyone else buying it?
View Quote
In case anyone did buy in, BIOC was up another 10% today.  It's still got lots of upward potential
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 6:24:03 PM EDT
[#39]
I opened a WeBull account and bought 50 shares just because it has made me a lot of money due to this thread. I was out, but I figure I’d keep 50 just to see where it goes.
All my money is tied up on MARK and EMAN at the moment, but that MARK thou! What a come back! It hit 2.34 at one point today, which is my average buy in. And I almost cashed out, but I thought... if I waited this long and was down almost $800, then I can wait until Tuesday to see what happens lol
Good luck to everyone! Let’s get this money! And I really hope IceZebra can retire off of this investment!
As well as Mr.Osprey, thank you for this thread!
I don’t think I would have had the confidence to go in on my own.
I always played with like 50 bucks on Robinhood, but never thought I’d actually make any big profits.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 6:44:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By smullen:
@Osprey61  Did you think this thread would go on for well over a month with almost 40 pages of posts????

Even if I sell the few shares I have, I'm staying subscribed to see where it goes.

Been a fun ride so far.

View Quote

Crazy, ain't it? I knew it would pop and everyone might make a little beer money. NEVER saw MVIS trading a billion shares in one week. That bitch Kipman's repetition at the fireside today (I am almost certain he said it three times) that "I DO NOT HAVE ANY ANNOUNCEMENTS" convinced me they're sitting at the table.

Remember the scene in Trains, Planes and Automobiles where Steve Martin and John Candy are on a Greyhound and everyone on the bus is singing? The last song winds down and Martin starts singing "Three Coins in the Fountain" (I looked it up), only nobody knows the words but him. It stalls into awkward silence until Candy starts singing "Flintstones, Meet the Flintstones" and the whole bus joins in again.

Yea, my threads are always "Three Coins in the Fountain". When Microvision does finally sell, I'm declaring victory on the thread front and going home
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 7:06:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By RwithThe40:
I opened a WeBull account and bought 50 shares just because it has made me a lot of money due to this thread. I was out, but I figure I’d keep 50 just to see where it goes.
All my money is tied up on MARK and EMAN at the moment, but that MARK thou! What a come back! It hit 2.34 at one point today, which is my average buy in. And I almost cashed out, but I thought... if I waited this long and was down almost $800, then I can wait until Tuesday to see what happens lol
Good luck to everyone! Let’s get this money! And I really hope IceZebra can retire off of this investment!
As well as Mr.Osprey, thank you for this thread!
I don’t think I would have had the confidence to go in on my own.
I always played with like 50 bucks on Robinhood, but never thought I’d actually make any big profits.
View Quote

What is the story on EMAN?

I've been riding MARK for a few weeks, next week should be a wild run on the run up to the 5/28 update. Especially if they drop any new tweets or make another appearance on any of the other major networks. (MSNBC yesterday)

Link Posted: 5/22/2020 8:36:31 PM EDT
[#42]
https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/gktyxh/12year_old_russian_trader_loses_everything_after/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 9:48:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IceStationZebra] [#43]

Crazy, ain't it? I knew it would pop and everyone might make a little beer money. NEVER saw MVIS trading a billion shares in one week. That bitch Kipman's repetition at the fireside today (I am almost certain he said it three times) that "I DO NOT HAVE ANY ANNOUNCEMENTS" convinced me they're sitting at the table.

Remember the scene in Trains, Planes and Automobiles where Steve Martin and John Candy are on a Greyhound and everyone on the bus is singing? The last song winds down and Martin starts singing "Three Coins in the Fountain" (I looked it up), only nobody knows the words but him. It stalls into awkward silence until Candy starts singing "Flintstones, Meet the Flintstones" and the whole bus joins in again.

Yea, my threads are always "Three Coins in the Fountain". When Microvision does finally sell, I'm declaring victory on the thread front and going home
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By smullen:

Been a fun ride so far.

I wish it would get to selling because I have to say that this week and last were BORING.  I'm going to have to start skydiving to get the thrill back.

I'm running scenarios at different sale points and figuring what problems I can solve at price x and which others I can solve at price Y.  That's a mistake it introduces emotion into my thought process.  No room for emotion here.

I should start running complete loss scenarios, that will put me back in the right frame of mind.

I had a mentor and Deacon of our church once who lived on 20 some acres at a strategic corner.  This guy was a worker, pumped septic tanks for years and did other jobs, never had money.  A developer came in and bought it up and now there is a Kroger and a bunch of strip malls there.  I asked him, "Billy do you ever miss that land?".  He said "well being a nostalgic guy, I sometimes think about the good old days and my garden and get sentimental.  When that happens, I go grab my checkbook and take a ĺook and that solves the issue ".  

I've often driven by that land and thought that it was good that Billy had his surprise moment of the Lord smiling on him.  Some would call it luck, whatever.  I've also wondered if I would ever have a similar moment.

I was convinced the answer was no until I found this thread.  Now I sit here with all the pieces in place for a glorious moment, i just need the Lord to smile on it.  Hopefully he will.

If it all went to $0 it wouldn't be the loss of my investment I mourn, it would be the loss of all the potential.  Potential that would have helped me in so many ways where I am painted into a corner.

But after hating weekends for the last month, because I couldn't make my moves.  I'm glad for an extended weekend with no stock market on Monday.  I need a break.

Good luck all.

Ps I have a feeling when this one is said and done, I'll be mixing it up with you guys on other penny stocks but never this deeply.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 10:28:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By fotima:

View Quote

About that. Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/22/2020 10:51:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fotima] [#45]
I am in for the long haul.
I plan on putting another 6k in a few days when the check clears. Exciting times.

Link Posted: 5/23/2020 12:16:10 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By fotima:

View Quote

thanks for the suggestion.  i might have to look at that one.  that is my type of trade.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 12:21:02 AM EDT
[#47]
have a...
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 12:21:26 AM EDT
[#48]
...good
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 12:21:47 AM EDT
[#49]
weekend!
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 12:22:12 AM EDT
[#50]
because...
Page / 1712
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top