BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1713
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 4:05:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

Damn...I banged right by 10,000 posts today and never even noticed. Guess I'm bona fide now, huh
View Quote

Whats your secret?
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 4:07:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Damn...I banged right by 10,000 posts today and never even noticed. Guess I'm bona fide now, huh
View Quote

Damn, I didn't even notice your pitifully low post count before.  I would have just blown you off on page 1, otherwise.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 4:08:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#3]
Originally Posted By Tango:

Whats your secret?
View Quote

Five months of 2' to 3' deep snow, mostly. I need a winter hobby. Per my wife, Cabernet Sauvignon and single malt are not hobbies.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 4:12:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IceStationZebra] [#4]
Having a hard time making heads or tails of MVIS now.  I've lost sight of what is going to happen.

I see lots of reasons to believe that a buyout will happen or a strategic partnership.   On the other hand, nothing makes sense and our competition seem to be landing the contracts with those we claim might buy us.  We are running out of potential suitors.  It almost feels like we are chairless when the music stopped.

I'm almost ready to watch this go to $100 by selling out if we hit $25 again.

@osprey61 thoughts?  Still extremely bullish?
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 4:13:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, ain't this interdasting. I hate to say I told you so, but there were rumors of this brewing for some time (and not just with Velodyne, btw).

"The founder of lidar maker Velodyne is going to war with his own SPAC"

Trouble in River City
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 4:14:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By IceStationZebra:
Having a hard time making heads or tails of MVIS now.  I've lost sight of what is going to happen.

I see lots of reasons to believe that a buyout will happen or a strategic partnership.   On the other hand, nothing makes sense and our competition seem to be landing the contracts with those we claim might buy us.  We are running out of potential suitors.  It almost feels like we are chairless when the music stopped.

View Quote

Late to PT...brb this afternoon.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 4:16:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By tornadochaser:

What makes Crooked the best?  I like the boundary waters and my cousin and her husband used to guide up there every summer so I have access and equipment...but man it's hard to beat what northeastern SD is kicking out for smallies the past few years.  Easily accessible, low pressure, and a shot at proud anglers every day.
View Quote

Real chance at a 7lb fish if you time it right. Females up to spawn or just finished and they are hungry.

Crooked was a resort lake with one local outfitter, Mark Zup's Grandfather.
The elder Zup was looking for a fish to provide action for his clients after the spring runs of Walleye and Pike.
Crooked is a dark water lake so no Lake Trout (Argo short portage from the west end of Crooked for Lakers).
Back to Zup, he literally hauled in buckets of Smallmouth fry to populate the lake. Certainly would NOT be allowed today, invasive species and all.
The Smallies took to Crooked like no other and now offer trophy catches all up and down the seven bays on the lake.

Since the elder Zup's days, the parks were put around him, Quetico for the north shore and Boundary Waters on the south.
Canada was nice enough to lease/sell the Zup family an island on Lac Lacroix where they run their resort out of now.

I've run into Crooked from 3 sides. West using Zups as an outfitter. East using a guide out of Ely - Prairie Portage and RABC permits. South staying on the US side.
West is easiest but Mark Zup doesn't give that trip away $3k for a week maybe more now? South and east are hard pulls, we had low water in the Horse River on the south run and did 7 portages on that God forsaken river - never again!

I like late June/early July. Top water with spooks or buzz baits get addictively exciting. Pike will tear your tackle up! Spinner baits, titanium holds together longer.
Here's to 100 fish days and walleye dinners
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 4:29:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kuraki] [#8]
7 portages?  That's just Monday

ETA: You talking Crooked Lake with Friday Bay, etc?  

We were just south of there.  Was thinking of going up to Basswood Falls/Basswood River to see the pictograms next year.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 4:33:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Total53:

Real chance at a 7lb fish if you time it right. Females up to spawn or just finished and they are hungry.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

7 pounds is world class.  The SD state record is around 7.3 pounds.  My biggest in SD was just under 6, and I caught one around 6 on mill lacs years ago too.

Those are fun.  3 of us boated 114 walleyes, pike, smallies, and white bass a week and a half ago, never fished deeper than 6 foot of water, and only boat on the lake.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 4:56:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dbrowne1] [#10]
Tesla reportedly out of the LIDAR market, at least for now

May be unrelated to the reports of test cars with LIDAR, as this seems to pertain only to near-term upcoming models already in or nearing production.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 5:02:22 PM EDT
[#11]

The job posting asked that the candidate had passed the bar of a state, it did not list the specific state, therefore you can assume any state will do

And that right there is the extent of my lawyering
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kuraki:
I dunno.  I'm just spitballing.  Lawyering is one of the easier things to do remotely.  I'm not saying it's likely, only possible.  I really have no clue

The job posting asked that the candidate had passed the bar of a state, it did not list the specific state, therefore you can assume any state will do

And that right there is the extent of my lawyering

I have passed several bars in multiple states, stopped in quite a few too. Does that count?
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 5:11:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Nyle_AR15] [#12]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/125898/Capture_JPG-1955204.jpg

We were just south of there.  Was thinking of going up to Basswood Falls/Basswood River to see the pictograms next year.
View Quote

Me and 3 of my buddies and our sons are headed to BWCA first week of June. Not sure which lake we're staying on for the week but I do know we're going through Seagull and Alpine
Edit: staying at Ogish lake
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 5:20:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Nyle_AR15:

Me and 3 of my buddies and our sons are headed to BWCA first week of June. Not sure which lake we're staying on for the week but I do know we're going through Seagull and Alpine
Edit: staying at Ogish lake
View Quote
The end of the Gunflint Trail.  Been to Seagull/Sag a couple times but not for a long time.  Actually I don't think I've been to the Gunflint side in 10 years.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 6:08:33 PM EDT
[#14]
I actually meant MVIS' (very long term, not specifically last year, which might be considered anomalous) history of appreciating into ECs and ASMs, with an emotional/speculator sell-off and rational recovery on the backside. The small sale I did today just takes a large part of my risk off the table. It wouldn't hurt me to lose $180K (okay, it would hurt my feelings) if the world goes to hell, but I'd prefer to lose just $35K if it comes to that. I can sleep, and fish, on that without a care.

Microvision remains highly speculative, and with big gain comes significant risk. The price action right now reflects that.

Did a lot of thinking on the general counsel position last night. It's odd, make no mistake. The incumbent announced his intention to retire two months ago, and said he'd stay on until June. Why would MVIS wait until two days prior to the ASM (and days from June) to run that ad, knowing damn well the entire MVIS investing world is running web crawlers that were sure to pick it up?

If you were an experienced lawyer, would you sign on knowing the odds were good you'd be released just months later? I wouldn't. That would seem to reduce the odds of a full buy-out significantly. Or...did Google (et al) pull a last minute walk-away bluff, and Sumit is calling them on it? It absolutely wouldn't be out of character.

On the other hand, if MVIS is going vertical sale, reverse merger or minority partner he'd be a very real necessity, and you wouldn't want to test the outgoing guy's patience by pushing his willingness to cover. In either case, IMO the timing signals some heightened degree of uncertainty - if not to MVIS, most surely to the shareholders.

View Quote

It could very well be organizational priorities and limitations, only so much time in the day, focus on A sample, and r&d for immediate opportunities.  They have 60 people?  The prospects might have evaluated and come to the same conclusion.  Agreed that there is some uncertainty signalled.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 6:54:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Wonder why its rising with the uncertainty right now.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 7:07:52 PM EDT
[#16]
The end of the Gunflint Trail.  Been to Seagull/Sag a couple times but not for a long time.  Actually I don't think I've been to the Gunflint side in 10 years.
View Quote

I've been on Sawbill and a few lakes around there but that was 20+ years ago. Never been to Sag but have heard it is legendary

South entry point was Mudro to Tin Can Mike to Horse Lake to Horse River to Basswood to Crooked.
The 80 rod portage between Tin Can Mike and Horse is one of the steepest I've been on. Down hill going in and heart attack hill going out.

Depending on the water level in the Horse River you can do 7 portages just there. The 2 main ones are 58 and 48 rods, some of the others would be just 10 or so but the unloading and reloading gets old.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 7:09:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:
Wonder why its rising with the uncertainty right now.
View Quote

Good question.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 7:13:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By TinSpinner:

I have passed several bars in multiple states, stopped in quite a few too. Does that count?
View Quote

Yes, yes it does
Do you want me to sign something that says you're good to go
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 7:19:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By tornadochaser:

7 pounds is world class.  The SD state record is around 7.3 pounds.  My biggest in SD was just under 6, and I caught one around 6 on mill lacs years ago too.

Those are fun.  3 of us boated 114 walleyes, pike, smallies, and white bass a week and a half ago, never fished deeper than 6 foot of water, and only boat on the lake.
View Quote

I've fished Mille Lacs but not for smallies.

I need to find the picture of my son. I swear he catches big fish!
He was only 8 and it was on Crooked. Biggest smallie I've ever seen, fat chin and all.

He caught a 20" smallie (no scale) on Rainy and we had no camera. He released that one a little reluctantly
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 7:53:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Wow, meme stocks today...

Borat_very_nice.jpg
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 8:22:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#21]

View Quote

Most of the revenue producing contracts I've seen to this point have been fairly small potatoes. Volvo and BMW spring to mind. There have been a lot of "developmental" agreements, but Velodyne found out the hard way how much loyalty there is the corporate world when Ford unceremoniously dumped them. Luminar's deal with Airbus is developmental, too, btw. There are multiple articles that picked up on Sumit's point that consolidation was coming, and it was going to be sooner rather than later. I'm very confident that Sumit wasn't lying about the customers waiting to do test and evaluation on the A-sample, and I have a fair degree of confidence we'll land at least one, if not more of those contracts.

The time line is completely unknowable, and I wouldn't be surprise to learn the strategic direction has morphed as well. My guess is there's some significant turbulence going on behind the scenes. I heard it in Sumit's voice at the EC. The General Counsel search may be a complete neutral, but I can't believe the timing is intentional. Between the economy, the competition, the SPACs, the SEC, the hedges, the tech titans, the meme stock investors and the supply chain collapse this has likely turned into a bewilderingly complex situation.

Despite all that, I do continue to believe MVIS is as well, or better, positioned to capitalize than at any time in it's history. Okay, that's faint praise, but we're not 10 years too early this time around, product wise. That macro-environment, on the other hand scares me to death. There's a common descriptor in the Air Force, "all thrust, no vector". Industry seems to be barreling towards...something, but I don't think anyone has a good idea of where we're headed or what it's going to look like when we get there. This thread was started as a crap shoot, and it's unintentionally living up to that billing...in spades.

One of my favorite quotes from The Cynics Lexicon: "The race may not always go to the swiftest, or the fight to the strongest, but that's the way to bet..."  Sumit said this contest would be decided by results, not talk. I tend to believe him.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 8:48:28 PM EDT
[#22]

Most of the revenue producing contracts I've seen to this point have been fairly small potatoes. Volvo and BMW spring to mind. There have been a lot of "developmental" agreements, but Velodyne found out the hard way how much loyalty there is the corporate world when Ford unceremoniously dumped them. Luminar's deal with Airbus is developmental, too, btw. There are multiple articles that picked up on Sumit's point that consolidation was coming, and it was going to be sooner rather than later. I'm very confident that Sumit wasn't lying about the customers waiting to do test and evaluation on the A-sample, and I have a fair degree of confidence we'll land at least one, if not more of those contracts.

The time line is completely unknowable, and I wouldn't be surprise to learn the strategic direction has morphed as well. My guess is there's some significant turbulence going on behind the scenes. I heard it in Sumit's voice at the EC. The General Counsel search may be a complete neutral, but I can't believe the timing is intentional. Between the economy, the competition, the SPACs, the SEC, the hedges, the tech titans, the meme stock investors and the supply chain collapse this has likely turned into a bewilderingly complex situation.

Despite all that, I do continue to believe MVIS is as well, or better, positioned to capitalize than at any time in it's history. Okay, that's faint praise, but we're not 10 years too early this time around, product wise. That macro-environment, on the other hand scares me to death. There's a common descriptor in the Air Force, "all thrust, no vector". Industry seems to be barreling towards...something, but I don't think anyone has a good idea of where we're headed or what it's going to look like when we get there. This thread was started as a crap shoot, and it's unintentionally living up to that billing...in spades.

One of my favorite quotes from The Cynics Lexicon: "The race may not always go to the swiftest, or the fight to the strongest, but that's the way to bet..."  Sumit said this contest would be decided by results, not talk. I tend to believe him.
View All Quotes

Thank you good man.

I'm unloading some at $20 and then will keep the rest.  I've recovered my initial investment x8 so not much to complain about.

I just want an answer and completion.  This is a test of my patience for sure.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 8:58:58 PM EDT
[#23]
I’ve seen this thread pop up several times over the past year and I finally have to ask.
What kind of  a term is “crocodile licks the moon”?
Google has been of no help.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 9:19:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By JTC:
I’ve seen this thread pop up several times over the past year and I finally have to ask.
View Quote

Somewhere around MVIS run-up in Feb, the Chartology guy (Chris472 or something like that) did a crazy drawing on his T/A chart.
It looked like a crocodile, someone here added the "licks the moon" part and Osprey liked it so much he changed the Title.
So it's an inside the thread joke.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 9:22:02 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/25/2021 9:30:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Leisure_Shoot] [#26]
I've seen this thread pop up several times over the past year and I finally have to ask.
What kind of  a term is "crocodile licks the moon"?
View Quote
It one of the most important stock terms of this century, dude. WTF?!  

ETA: damn guys!  Do you shit all over Photoshop threads by making an "as requested" image on page one, too?
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 10:32:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FelisTacet] [#27]

Somewhere around MVIS run-up in Feb, the Chartology guy (Chris472 or something like that) did a crazy drawing on his T/A chart.
It looked like a crocodile, someone here added the "licks the moon" part and Osprey liked it so much he changed the Title.
View All Quotes

@UTex86 gets credit for the modded chart showing the crocodile.

Link Posted: 5/25/2021 11:10:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By FelisTacet:

@UTex86 gets credit for the modded chart showing the crocodile.

View Quote

Well shit, I screwed that up

I can only hope that UTex86 will find a way to forgive me
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 11:17:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Leisure_Shoot:
ETA: damn guys!  Do you shit all over Photoshop threads by making an "as requested" image on page one, too?
View Quote

No doubt!  Who gives the answer on the first response?  Paper Hands, that’s who!
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 11:20:14 PM EDT
[#30]

I've been on Sawbill and a few lakes around there but that was 20+ years ago. Never been to Sag but have heard it is legendary

South entry point was Mudro to Tin Can Mike to Horse Lake to Horse River to Basswood to Crooked.
The 80 rod portage between Tin Can Mike and Horse is one of the steepest I've been on. Down hill going in and heart attack hill going out.

Depending on the water level in the Horse River you can do 7 portages just there. The 2 main ones are 58 and 48 rods, some of the others would be just 10 or so but the unloading and reloading gets old.
View Quote
Once when I was very young and inexperienced I spent 4 days trapped on an island on Big Sag.  It stormed the entire time, there were 2+ foot waves white capping and crashing like it was Lake Superior.  On the 5th day we were out of food, wet and cold and hit the water. This was also early May so the water was like 45 degrees. At a certain point after just digging with the paddle to stay nose into the waves, I look to shore and we're not even moving.   The frequency of the waves are such that the front of the boat isn't even in the water at the same time as the rear and my buddy is paddling air every other stroke.

Fuck those big lakes

We put in at Mudro and went up to Beartrap. We were planning to go to Home because we'd been there once via Angleworm (fuck be upon that portage) and murdered walleyes there but decided to just keep going north from Gull to see some place new.

Now I read you on those 7 portages, that does sound miserable. With my wife, I end up dead lifting the packs anywhere between 4 or 6 times every portage so even short ones get old.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 11:46:34 PM EDT
[#31]

Crooked was a resort lake with one local outfitter, Mark Zup's Grandfather.
The elder Zup was looking for a fish to provide action for his clients after the spring runs of Walleye and Pike.
Crooked is a dark water lake so no Lake Trout (Argo short portage from the west end of Crooked for Lakers).
Back to Zup, he literally hauled in buckets of Smallmouth fry to populate the lake. Certainly would NOT be allowed today, invasive species and all.
The Smallies took to Crooked like no other and now offer trophy catches all up and down the seven bays on the lake.

Since the elder Zup's days, the parks were put around him, Quetico for the north shore and Boundary Waters on the south.
Canada was nice enough to lease/sell the Zup family an island on Lac Lacroix where they run their resort out of now.

I've run into Crooked from 3 sides. West using Zups as an outfitter. East using a guide out of Ely - Prairie Portage and RABC permits. South staying on the US side.
West is easiest but Mark Zup doesn't give that trip away $3k for a week maybe more now? South and east are hard pulls, we had low water in the Horse River on the south run and did 7 portages on that God forsaken river - never again!

I like late June/early July. Top water with spooks or buzz baits get addictively exciting. Pike will tear your tackle up! Spinner baits, titanium holds together longer.
View Quote

Have you ever tried going up the moose river to agnes to lac la croix to crooked? I've done that a few times not to bad overall and better if you want to be in sunday or saturday bay.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 11:48:16 PM EDT
[#32]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/125898/Capture_JPG-1955204.jpg

View Quote

Were you in Gun lake? Moosecamp is a pretty cool little lake and the river in interesting into Fourtown.

It's cool to see people that have been to the same locations!!
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 11:51:25 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

Have you done the 1 mile portage out of friday bay into gun? That's lots of fun!!! (it's actually not to bad mostly flat and not to muddy) it's a lot of paddling from basswood falls up to friday bay!
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 12:01:03 AM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

Granted I haven't been around for as long as some of you, but on the last two calls one of the things that Sumit has mentioned is that he is looking to see what the essentially regulators/government is going to end up requiring for the level 4/5 self driving and it seems that He is angling to have MVIS in the position that the regulators are going to require any company to have "MVIS level" Lidar as part of there system, so as much as Elon wants to downplay LIDAR if MVISs LIDAR is as good as they are claiming they are hoping that everyone is required to buy there LIDAR as it will be the top tier of safety.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 12:04:54 AM EDT
[#35]
what should we expect from tomorrow?  I don't mean a major announcement,  but what is the actual point of the meeting?  Is it Q&A?  IS it the CEO explaining the path forward?
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 12:22:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Leisure_Shoot:
what should we expect from tomorrow?  I don't mean a major announcement,  but what is the actual point of the meeting?  Is it Q&A?  IS it the CEO explaining the path forward?
View Quote

The PDF "2020 Annual Report and 2021 Proxy Statement" at
https://microvision.gcs-web.com/shareholder-voting-2021-annual-shareholder-meeting/
covers some of it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 6:09:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FelisTacet] [#37]
What is Tesla thinking?

Ditching radar and going with a camera-only system in some of their cars.

A hybrid system is quite possibly going to be mandatory for level 4/5, but I guess perhaps they’re just dumbing it down as a less-expensive option for the time being?

Radar sensors are relatively expensive, and processing data from them takes significant computing power in a vehicle.  Tesla has previously told shareholders that it believes “a vision-only system is ultimately all that is needed for full autonomy” and that it was planning to switch the U.S. market to Tesla Vision. CEO Elon Musk also said in a tweet on March 12 that the company would move to a “pure vision” approach.
View Quote

The parts in bold, he’d better think hard about the computing power necessary and work that out rather than taking two steps back if you ask me, and we already have Nvidia and the like solving that problem.  

Secondly, he better be damn sure shit isn’t a hybrid-approach requirement with his comment about Pure Vision.  NHTSA may very well report out their suggestion to the powers that be that a single sensor type system isn’t approved for full autonomy, which Pure Vision is being touted as.

Still sounds like a bold move to me, even if we’re not at the genesis of higher level autonomy.

Tesla Is Ditching Radar in Transition to Camera-Only Autopilot System

It does bring me back to the Q3 (I think it was Q3) MicroVision earnings call where Sharma mentioned a LiDAR-in-camera system that MicroVision had been working on.  Technically, it’s a traditional lensed and shuttered camera...but with LiDAR incorporation.  Would be cool if Mr. Word Mincer Musk would use that technology...because it’s a “camera” after all.

Link Posted: 5/26/2021 7:04:53 AM EDT
[#38]
I have a newbie stock trading question.

I want to start swing trading a portion of my MVIS holding. All my lots are short term and vary between $12 and $21 depending on when I bought them, average cost basis is $15.30.

If I were to sell the highest cost lots first, at a loss but above my ACB, would buying back in on a dip be considered a wash sale? As in if sold my $22/share lot at $17, then bought back in with that money at a $13 dip. That's a wash sale right?

Follow on question, if I did this anyway, would the increase in number of shares held be worth it compared to the penalty of the wash sale? I understand that the "loss" from the sale would get applied to my new purchase, negating the tax benefit of the sale, but I would still end up holding more shares by buying back in lower than I sold.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 7:13:49 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By shblackdragon:

The PDF "2020 Annual Report and 2021 Proxy Statement" at
https://microvision.gcs-web.com/shareholder-voting-2021-annual-shareholder-meeting/
covers some of it.
View Quote

LOL nothing in it gives me warm and fuzzy feelings. But it's the first one from them I have read. Anyone know if it sounds about the same as past statements?
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 7:33:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Scare_Crow] [#40]
Originally Posted By Sonoran_Tj:

I want to start swing trading a portion of my MVIS holding. All my lots are short term and vary between $12 and $21 depending on when I bought them, average cost basis is $15.30.

If I were to sell the highest cost lots first, at a loss but above my ACB, would buying back in on a dip be considered a wash sale? As in if sold my $22/share lot at $17, then bought back in with that money at a $13 dip. That's a wash sale right?

Follow on question, if I did this anyway, would the increase in number of shares held be worth it compared to the penalty of the wash sale? I understand that the "loss" from the sale would get applied to my new purchase, negating the tax benefit of the sale, but I would still end up holding more shares by buying back in lower than I sold.
View Quote

Yes that would be a wash sale.
Personally I would look at holding the $12 shares, set the $21 shares to sell at 21.50 and look at flipping any shares I had around $14 or $15 that have 8% profit in them.
Then set that money to buy back in around $13 or something. or if you think this bounce is going to drop sell any shares at near brake even for the dip like selling at $15.50 share for $15.75 or something
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 7:45:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Scare_Crow:

Personally I would look at holding the $12 shares, set the $21 shares to sell at 21.50 and look at flipping any shares I had around $14 or $15 that have 8% profit in them.
Then set that money to buy back in around $13 or something. or if you think this bounce is going to drop sell any shares at near brake even for the dip like selling at $15.50 share for $15.75 or something
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Scare_Crow:
Originally Posted By Sonoran_Tj:

That sounds like a decent plan. I was initially planning on selling the highest ones first to lower my cost basis, until I remembered wash sales. I can flip my shares in the $14-15 range and make a little profit on each of those to avoid the wash.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 8:01:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Today is the day, I can feel it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 8:12:27 AM EDT
[#43]
It will get better, I just need my coffee.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 8:15:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Malbec:
View Quote

AMC at $18!
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 8:16:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Work has been stupid busy the last couple of days and I haven't been paying any attention. What did I miss?
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 8:31:32 AM EDT
[#46]
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By EagleArmsHBAR:
It will get better, I just need my coffee.

Attitude thrusters, check
Fuel level, check

We are go for countdown to ignition.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 8:38:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By RatherBeLifting:

Attitude thrusters, check
Fuel level, check

We are go for countdown to ignition.
View Quote

Maybe if they actually announce something of substance today.  I'm not holding my breathe for it.  lol
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 8:39:36 AM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/26/2021 8:42:39 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By UTex86:
Work has been stupid busy the last couple of days and I haven't been paying any attention. What did I miss?
View Quote

Someone asked about the thread title and I gave credit to the Chartology guy for your work.
Nothing big - MVIS 9% gainer yesterday - ASM today.
Thirty some million shares created out of thin air to short MVIS since the last run up haven't been returned yet.

Nothing big
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 8:49:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:

AMC at $18!
View Quote
Going to be interesting for the next couple weeks. $17.50 was the next major barrier. 122,000 call options in the money and it's only Wed. morning. AMC can hold these levels through Friday at 4PM shit gets real next Tuesday/
Page / 1713
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top