Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 1712
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 2:51:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure what yall thought they were going to say.

"we will be selling for a jillion dollars tomorrow. Invest accordingly."
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 2:52:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Luminar stock, lidar peers higher after Lucid Motors unveils new user experience
May 26, 2021 2:22 PM ETLuminar Technologies, Inc. (LAZR)Aeva Technologies, Inc. (AEVA), Lucid Motors Inc. (LUCIDM), Luminar Technologies, Inc. (LAZR)...

Lidar sensor stocks are higher after EV maker Lucid Motors (LUCIDM) unveiled its new Lucid User Experience, which includes two primary touch-control displays, the Glass Cockpit and the Pilot Panel.
   One of the Glass Cockpit features is providing a 3D visual of objects and vehicles around the Lucid Air when the driver activates DreamDrive, Lucid's Level 2 advanced driver-assistance system. DreamDrive includes 32 on-board sensors including what Lucid bills as the "world's first high-resolution LIDAR in an EV."
   Lidar sensor stocks on the move: Luminar (LAZR +3.1%), Velodyne Lidar (VLDR +6.7%), Aeva (AEVA +6.2%), Ouster (OUST +6.7%), and Innoviz (INVZ +2.2%).
   Related: Earlier this week, Luminar shares spiked after its sensors were spotted on a Tesla wth manufacturer's plates.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 2:52:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wilmermj:
Sounds like a paper hand convention meeting. You guys do what you want but I still believe there is more to meet the eye to the silence.  I have 15000k shares.  Am I like you guys wishing I sold at 28to buy back sure, but I’m going to the dice and let them ride.
View Quote

You have 15 million shares?
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 2:53:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By mcnizzle:

Do what I did.  Sold yesterday.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mcnizzle:
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:
Originally Posted By Thallo:
Amc is moving up goodly

Question is, what to do?  Take it while it's there or hold out for more.

Do what I did.  Sold yesterday.

Uhmmmm............  Well.  I did as well but only a couple.  I am riding it up and selling small lots as we go.  No telling to where that is.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 2:56:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#5]
Whoa!  My VUZI is green!  What shall I do.

May 24, 2021
11:46 am ET
Vuzix Wins New Orders For $1.2M+ In Smart Glasses From Rods & Cones To Support Virtual Surgical Collab Rollout
Benzinga
11:45 am ET
Vuzix Receives New Orders for Over $1.2 million of Smart Glasses from Rods & Cones to Support Virtual Surgical Collaboration Rollout
PR Newswire
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 2:59:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By wilmermj:
Sounds like a paper hand convention meeting. You guys do what you want but I still believe there is more to meet the eye to the silence.  I have 15000k shares.  Am I like you guys wishing I sold at 28to buy back sure, but I’m going to the dice and let them ride.
View Quote

How many?
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 3:03:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:
I got locked out of the WHOLE DAMN THING. Eight minutes of talk?

IVAS confirmed, from what I understand.

On the upside, I don't think they'd of done this if the world had fallen apart. This is the oddity to cap all the recent oddities. I'm guessing whatever's coming is more or less in hand, and they had zero intention of jeopardizing any of it with a misstep or slip.

Unless the SEC is coming after the naked shorts, and they got told to open it, do a minimum and shut it down. That might fit too. I could actually hold my water for another couple of weeks if they had a full blown investigation in work.
View Quote

What exactly does this mean?

"All this is built upon the high reliability of our technology that has allowed our April 2017 partner to address consumer, commercial and military markets with our technology"

The "April 2017 Tier 1 customer" is now the "April 2017 partner" according to S2upid. I would never doubt that guy
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 3:17:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Sold some puts
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 3:23:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By IceStationZebra:

I am about to give up on the dream and drop my 150k shares.

What the utter hell was that call?  Pitiful and no updates besides confirming ivas.  We have to get these engineers out.

Institution buying increased is the only reason I might hold.
View Quote
seems like you should have done that about a month ago.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 3:29:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Blitzcraig173:
Not sure what yall thought they were going to say.

"we will be selling for a jillion dollars tomorrow. Invest accordingly."
View Quote

Woulda been nice!  

Link Posted: 5/26/2021 3:37:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Leisure_Shoot:
seems like you should have done that about a month ago.
View Quote

Don't rub it in
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 3:41:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Leisure_Shoot] [#12]
Don't rub it in
View Quote
I have been selling and re-buying more as we climb.  If I were not so risk averse, I could have 2-3x the shares I do.
I was so damned afraid to sell more than 1000 at any given time, for fear of an acquisition.
I am not complaining, just wish it were a little different and I had taken a little different approach.

I know you are in the same boat we all are, even though yours is more of a cruise ship, to our ski boat, or large yacht in a couple cases.
But, same principle... we're all insanely happy with our good fortune.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 3:48:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Okay, just read the actual transcript, and I think it would be a really good idea not to make an emotional decision until you do likewise. The ASM is always a pretty mediocre event...and we're taking a share price hit every single time we do a public event and don't make an announcement. It has recovered almost without exception a few days later.

"I am pleased to report that our pilot line in Redmond Washington is operational and our
automated production line with our Asian manufacturing partner is expected to be online
in time to support initial sales in late Q3 or Q4 of this year."

"As I mentioned on our Q1 earnings call, we ended the first quarter with $75.3 million in
cash and cash equivalents. We believe that our balance sheet provides us with a
sufficient runway to execute our plans, and very importantly, we believe, the R&D
expense to commercialize products could be significantly lower than other firms as we
believe our A-Sample is further along than the competition.
We think our competitors
still need to solve a number of technical challenges that we have already solved."

"All this is built upon the high reliability of our technology that has allowed our April 2017 partner to address consumer, commercial and military markets with our technology"

There are some big, juicy pieces here.

- Lidar product, not prototype, coming off the production line from our Asian manufacturing partner in four months. I have to believe they've received enough positive feedback from their own testing and the customers testing to believe we're going to capture a significant portion of the emerging Lidar market. Sumit said we're well out ahead of the competition, and have solved problems - and you can rest assure patented the solutions - that our competition is going to have to find expensive, complex answers for.
- A balance sheet healthy enough to finance that ramp up without further dilution
- Since when did our 2017 display customer suddenly become our 2017 partner? Today, that's when. As in Microsoft is our partner. Confirmation that Microvision is in IVAS, and now we're talking the consumer version as well...

The last couple of days I'd sort of wondered if something had gone off the rails. Now I'm reading that not only has Microsoft not replaced LBS as their projection engine, they're ramping it into potentially enormous markets. The Lidar pilot line in Redmond is done...operational, and producing operational units for T&E by multiple car manufacturers, and confidence of capturing those contracts is so high we're pushing forward with a full-up production line with a manufacturing partner.

I'm still grumpy about the timeline, but I couldn't have asked for more confirmation of real growth from the company.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 3:50:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Leisure_Shoot:
I have been selling and re-buying more as we climb.  If I were not so risk averse, I could have 2-3x the shares I do.
I was so damned afraid to sell more than 1000 at any given time, for fear of an acquisition.
I am not complaining, just wish it were a little different and I had taken a little different approach.

I know you are in the same boat we all are, even though yours is more of a cruise ship, to our ski boat, or large yacht in a couple cases.
But, same principle... we're all insanely happy with our good fortune.
View Quote

You guys made enough to buy boats??

Link Posted: 5/26/2021 3:51:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wilmermj] [#15]
I did the thing the other guy did last week. 15000 shares, medium potatoes.

If had 15000k shares I don’t think If talk on the forums much anymore. I’d be traveling all the ancient wonders of the world and doing other baller stuff.  

Regardless I’m diamond hands to the Mariana or moon only the crocodiles know.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 3:53:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Okay, just read the actual transcript, and I think it would be a really good idea not to make an emotional decision until you do likewise. The ASM is always a pretty mediocre event...and we're taking a share price hit every single time we do a public event and don't make an announcement. It has recovered almost without exception a few days later.

"I am pleased to report that our pilot line in Redmond Washington is operational and our
automated production line with our Asian manufacturing partner is expected to be online

"As I mentioned on our Q1 earnings call, we ended the first quarter with $75.3 million in
sufficient runway to execute our plans, and very importantly, we believe, the R&D
expense to commercialize products could be significantly lower than other firms as we
We think our competitors
still need to solve a number of technical challenges that we have already solved."

- Lidar product, not prototype, coming off the production line from our Asian manufacturing partner in four months. I have to believe they've received enough positive feedback from their own testing and the customers testing to believe we're going to capture a significant portion of the emerging Lidar market. Sumit said we're well out ahead of the competition, and have solved problems - and you can rest assure patented the solutions - that our competition is going to have to find expensive, complex answers for.
- A balance sheet healthy enough to finance that ramp up without further dilution
- Since when did our 2017 display customer suddenly become our 2017 partner? Today, that's when. As in Microsoft is our partner. Confirmation that Microvision is in IVAS, and now we're talking the consumer version as well...

The last couple of days I'd sort of wondered if something had gone off the rails. Now I'm reading that not only has Microsoft not replaced LBS as their projection engine, they're ramping it into potentially enormous markets. The Lidar pilot line in Redmond is done...operational, and producing operational units for T&E by multiple car manufacturers, and confidence of capturing those contracts is so high we're pushing forward with a full-up production line with a manufacturing partner.

I'm still grumpy about the timeline, but I couldn't have asked for more confirmation of real growth from the company.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/26/2021 4:05:27 PM EDT
[#17]
I could have sold in the 20s twice now, but i was too afraid of a buyout announcement. I sure in the hell am not going to sell now lol. I believe in the technology, all of it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 4:22:22 PM EDT
[#18]

We think our competitors

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/26/2021 4:30:33 PM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 5/26/2021 4:40:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Total53:

View All Quotes

I could put a solid down payment on a single person Academy Sports dented 1 man kayak
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 4:42:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Having a hard time making heads or tails of MVIS now.  I've lost sight of what is going to happen.

I see lots of reasons to believe that a buyout will happen or a strategic partnership.   On the other hand, nothing makes sense and our competition seem to be landing the contracts with those we claim might buy us.  We are running out of potential suitors.  It almost feels like we are chairless when the music stopped.

I'm almost ready to watch this go to $100 by selling out if we hit $25 again.

@osprey61 thoughts?  Still extremely bullish?
View Quote

ISZ, did you happen to notice this was one of the four specific investor questions Sumit answered?

"The first question is “Competitors are claiming commitments from vehicle manufacturers, are we too late?”

Sumit..."The short answer is no. We expect interested parties will recognize the competitive advantages I discussed today as they review benchmark data we provide, and as they go through their own evaluation of our A-Sample."

I don't think he did a great job of phrasing it, but that's essentially what I was getting at about the difference between a developmental agreement and a purchase contract. These guys are product shopping, so they're trying on what fits and attempting to figure out how to make it work. If they're doing A-sample evaluation, they haven't committed to a supplier.

BTW, when I made that remark about MVIS "potential for growth", I wasn't capitulating to the idea of MVIS continuing as a stand-alone. They make make a bazillion dollars in the next ten years, but for the most part I won't participate (okay, I plan to hold 10K shares for sentimental reasons). What really excites me about a late 3Q Lidar product is the late 2Q contract announcements. Same thing with a potential vertical display sale to our new best bud, MSFT. My investing goal is to capitalize on the shock and awe of those events, and pull D-rings...preferably in the $25 to $30 range.

That new "partner" thing has me fascinated. Could MSFT absorb MVIS as a subsidiary to gain exclusive NED on the LBS/MEM and lock out their competitors? MSFT has talked cash-shit about consumer XR needing to be a group effort, but I don't think Kipman's bosses believe a word of that horseshit. Our new bestie is a cold-blooded predator, and based on military/consumer/commercial H2 - and our Gen 5 engine - I think there's an excellent chance they're moving to choke out the others.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 4:45:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Really liking GME today and yesterday.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 4:47:03 PM EDT
[#23]

ISZ, did you happen to notice this was one of the four specific investor questions Sumit answered?

"The first question is “Competitors are claiming commitments from vehicle manufacturers, are we too late?”

Sumit..."The short answer is no. We expect interested parties will recognize the competitive advantages I discussed today as they review benchmark data we provide, and as they go through their own evaluation of our A-Sample."

I don't think he did a great job of phrasing it, but that's essentially what I was getting at about the difference between a developmental agreement and a purchase contract. These guys are product shopping, so they're trying on what fits and attempting to figure out how to make it work. If they're doing A-sample evaluation, they haven't committed to a supplier.

BTW, when I made that remark about MVIS "potential for growth", I wasn't capitulating to the idea of MVIS continuing as a stand-alone. They make make a bazillion dollars in the next ten years, but for the most part I won't participate (okay, I plan to hold 10K shares for sentimental reasons). What really excites me about a late 3Q Lidar product is the late 2Q contract announcements. Same thing with a potential vertical display sale to our new best bud, MSFT. My investing goal is to capitalize on the shock and awe of those events, and pull D-rings...preferably in the $25 to $30 range.

That new "partner" thing has me fascinated. Could MSFT absorb MVIS as a subsidiary to gain exclusive NED on the LBS/MEM and lock out their competitors? MSFT has talked cash-shit about consumer XR needing to be a group effort, but I don't think Kipman's bosses believe a word of that horseshit. Our new bestie is a cold-blooded predator, and based on military/consumer/commercial H2 - and our Gen 5 engine - I think there's an excellent chance they're moving to choke out the others.
View All Quotes
Having a hard time making heads or tails of MVIS now.  I've lost sight of what is going to happen.

I see lots of reasons to believe that a buyout will happen or a strategic partnership.   On the other hand, nothing makes sense and our competition seem to be landing the contracts with those we claim might buy us.  We are running out of potential suitors.  It almost feels like we are chairless when the music stopped.

I'm almost ready to watch this go to $100 by selling out if we hit $25 again.

@osprey61 thoughts?  Still extremely bullish?

Thanks for this.

Don't mind me, I'm tired and feel like hammered dog crap.  I'll be back 100% bullish in the am.

Link Posted: 5/26/2021 4:50:37 PM EDT
[#24]

Thanks for this.

Don't mind me, I'm tired and feel like hammered dog crap.  I'll be back 100% bullish in the am.
View Quote

Rest well.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 5:00:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tornadochaser] [#25]
New form 4s filed by Microvision, appears to be sale of common stock for tax purposes from Sharma and Holt.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 5:04:53 PM EDT
[#26]
@osprey61

I’m a bit confused on the context here.

We know projectors are in the IVAS. Do you think he is just comparing the scale up on LIDAR to that? Is MSFT also in the LIDAR game for AR use?
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 5:24:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cmsnare] [#27]
Originally Posted By tornadochaser:
New form 4s filed by Microvision, appears to be sale of common stock for tax purposes from Sharma and Holt.
View Quote

Couple interesting items from those Form 4s though (not a bunch to read in to, but since every little detail seems to be dissected...)

This was a sell to cover for vesting of Performance based awards, which usually happens at or immediately following vesting of the grant (and indicates that the performance metric was met).  If I have time I'll try to go find their old proxy statements to see if it dictates what the performance metrics were.  I'm inclined to think that the performance metric(s) were a market condition (tied to share price) since vesting of market based performance units are not required to be reported on a Form 4 - they're reported at grant.  This is different from performance units granted on something else (like a product milestone) which are required to be reported on a Form 4 at vest, and I don't recall seeing any recent Form 4s for grants for these two.  If I find anything in the proxies I'll post it.

Also, these were executed under a 10b5-1 plan, which indicates that a trading window may not be open to Sharma/Holt, often because they're in possession of material, non-public information.

Likely nothing, could be something...
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 5:34:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Dang if $F doesn't stop going up, I am not going to have any left, lol
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 5:59:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#29]
Originally Posted By cmsnare:

Couple interesting items from those Form 4s though (not a bunch to read in to, but since every little detail seems to be dissected...)

Also, these were executed under a 10b5-1 plan, which indicates that a trading window may not be open to Sharma/Holt, often because they're in possession of material, non-public information.

View Quote

The share vestment was a done deal some months ago, I think. My wife reads those things in great detail...I'm fairly certain she told me it was getting the share price over $2.50 and keeping it there for a predetermined number of days.

This has my interest, "Also, these were executed under a 10b5-1 plan, which indicates that a trading window may not be open to Sharma/Holt, often because they're in possession of material, non-public information", because Sumit made an odd statement prior to starting the Q&A in the ASM. Don't know why, exactly, but I don't recall them ever referencing anything like this before...

Verbatim from the transcript: "While we will try to address your questions, we are limited by public disclosure laws, including Regulation FD, from providing material non-public information – examples of which include affirming financial guidance or providing updates on existing material contracts, potential new contracts, or potential strategic options."

That has a very distinct whiff of contract lawyer involvement about it...but maybe just because the ASM is held during active trading hours? Dunno.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 6:12:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By mks99:
@osprey61

I’m a bit confused on the context here.

We know projectors are in the IVAS. Do you think he is just comparing the scale up on LIDAR to that? Is MSFT also in the LIDAR game for AR use?
View Quote

A big part of the huge complexity of selling off one or more verticals is the fact that they mostly stem from the same source. Detangling them to facilitate a sale is, from what I gather, a daunting proposition.

I believe, at least initially, MSFT didn't even want to be involved in H2 manufacturing or sales, and from my limited technical understanding, consumer Lidar is in a lot of things (Apple puts their Lidar in cameras), but not Hololens.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 6:37:14 PM EDT
[#31]

The share vestment was a done deal some months ago, I think. My wife reads those things in great detail...I'm fairly certain she told me it was getting the share price over $2.50 and keeping it there for a predetermined number of days.

This has my interest, "Also, these were executed under a 10b5-1 plan, which indicates that a trading window may not be open to Sharma/Holt, often because they're in possession of material, non-public information", because Sumit made an odd statement prior to starting the Q&A in the ASM. Don't know why, exactly, but I don't recall them ever referencing anything like this before...

Verbatim from the transcript: "While we will try to address your questions, we are limited by public disclosure laws, including Regulation FD, from providing material non-public information – examples of which include affirming financial guidance or providing updates on existing material contracts, potential new contracts, or potential strategic options."

That has a very distinct whiff of contract lawyer involvement about it...
View Quote

Material Non-Public Information is a well established term in securities law, especially for folks who are subject to Section 16 and it's reporting requirements (insiders, significant share holders, have to report transactions on Forms 3/4/5).  They are limited on what they can say, and how that information needs to be released.

If the performance metrics were something that they blew past (like share price > $2.50), there's not much there that's super helpful.  However, the interesting part to me is the timing and set up of the sales.  

Corporate insiders/affiliates, as defined in Section 16 of the Act, are relegated to trading during windows when they are not in possession of material NPI.  This NPI can be anything from financial results for an upcoming earnings release (the most common) to just about anything else that would move the share price and investor sentiment if it were known.  A 10b5-1 plan is a written, irrevocable trading plan that will execute either on a specific day, or when a criteria is hit (share price hits $X), so that the insider has an affirmative defense to insider trading (trading while in possession of material NPI).  

Typically these windows are open after an earnings release (which we recently had), so the simple sell to cover taxes, if not done when they shares vested, could have theoretically been a discretionary trade - 10b5-1 plan not needed.  Since it was executed via the a plan (and both Sharma and Holt's trades executed on the same day), this may indicate that the trading window wasn't available due to other causes of NPI.

Now, it's also reasonable that they set the plan up well in advance to ensure even if they were in possession of NPI their sales would occur since they may not have known what would be happening when they had to meet financial obligations.  This would be the wise and conservative thing to do.  It could also be that the plans were needed prior to serious negotiations beginning or continuing.  All speculation, nothing concrete, just interesting in my opinion.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 7:28:25 PM EDT
[#32]
I need to say, I never thought there’d be more to MVIS for me than simply a money-making opportunity.

A few things here.

1)  The tech is amazing, we’re really at a point in the era of technology that’s a true landmark.  Mainly for AR/VR, but I’m not leaving out LiDAR...since we love to focus on that mostly.  Of all the dozens of companies, which ever couple few that pull segments of this tech out of their pockets for the world to see is going to be rewarded handsomely, and it seems quite apparent to me that MicroVision corners the market in both right now.

2)  follow the above up with what seems to have been letdown after letdown lately if you will.  I don’t see this as a letdown, but I agree it’s been discouraging.  Even if us longs preach that we’re in it for the end game, that game has always been a buyout as the final goal in order to win it all, and we’d thought that would have happened by now.  Well, it sucks, but I think this may POSSIBLY go on to become a long long game...that’s the way I’m going to look at it anyway.  Yeah, I may bail if we ever touch mid-twenties again, but like stated above, the technology isn’t going anywhere and we hold the golden goose.  Just need to know when to let go of her and run.  That’s the hard part.

3)  you guys, your posts on the last two pages have been amazing.  A few of you have been putting critical thought into this lately.  It’s so much better than just rockets and crocodiles, although admittedly that’s kind of fun too, lol.  It keeps us honest to ourselves which is very important.  Don’t think of it as being a negative ass like Dickface45 and his posts...you’re bringing real questions to the table with real reasoning.

4)  The things I’ve learned from you guys about the workings of the market is priceless.  The insight, the explanations when someone has a question, the extreme knowledge by some of you guys and your willingness to put it out there for everyone...the comradery.  Thanks, we have a good bunch of people here.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 7:31:36 PM EDT
[#33]

Material Non-Public Information is a well established term in securities law, especially for folks who are subject to Section 16 and it's reporting requirements (insiders, significant share holders, have to report transactions on Forms 3/4/5).  They are limited on what they can say, and how that information needs to be released.

If the performance metrics were something that they blew past (like share price > $2.50), there's not much there that's super helpful.  However, the interesting part to me is the timing and set up of the sales.  

Corporate insiders/affiliates, as defined in Section 16 of the Act, are relegated to trading during windows when they are not in possession of material NPI.  This NPI can be anything from financial results for an upcoming earnings release (the most common) to just about anything else that would move the share price and investor sentiment if it were known.  A 10b5-1 plan is a written, irrevocable trading plan that will execute either on a specific day, or when a criteria is hit (share price hits $X), so that the insider has an affirmative defense to insider trading (trading while in possession of material NPI).  

Typically these windows are open after an earnings release (which we recently had), so the simple sell to cover taxes, if not done when they shares vested, could have theoretically been a discretionary trade - 10b5-1 plan not needed.  Since it was executed via the a plan (and both Sharma and Holt's trades executed on the same day), this may indicate that the trading window wasn't available due to other causes of NPI.

Now, it's also reasonable that they set the plan up well in advance to ensure even if they were in possession of NPI their sales would occur since they may not have known what would be happening when they had to meet financial obligations.  This would be the wise and conservative thing to do.  It could also be that the plans were needed prior to serious negotiations beginning or continuing.  All speculation, nothing concrete, just interesting in my opinion.
View All Quotes

That has a very distinct whiff of contract lawyer involvement about it...

When my company shares vest, 1/3-ish are sold immediately to cover taxes; why would these guys have the sale done months later?  Could a trade freeze window been that long?
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 7:31:42 PM EDT
[#34]

Someone asked about the thread title and I gave credit to the Chartology guy for your work.
Nothing big - MVIS 9% gainer yesterday - ASM today.
Thirty some million shares created out of thin air to short MVIS since the last run up haven't been returned yet.

Nothing big
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By UTex86:
Work has been stupid busy the last couple of days and I haven't been paying any attention. What did I miss?

Someone asked about the thread title and I gave credit to the Chartology guy for your work.
Nothing big - MVIS 9% gainer yesterday - ASM today.
Thirty some million shares created out of thin air to short MVIS since the last run up haven't been returned yet.

Nothing big

Lol no biggie.

It was actually @kaik that posted the chart I drew on lol
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 7:38:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By FelisTacet:
I need to say, I never thought there’d be more to MVIS for me than simply a money-making opportunity.

A few things here.

1)  The tech is amazing, we’re really at a point in the era of technology that’s a true landmark.  Mainly for AR/VR, but I’m not leaving out LiDAR...since we love to focus on that mostly.  Of all the dozens of companies, which ever couple few that pull segments of this tech out of their pockets for the world to see is going to be rewarded handsomely, and it seems quite apparent to me that MicroVision corners the market in both right now.

2)  follow the above up with what seems to have been letdown after letdown lately if you will.  I don’t see this as a letdown, but I agree it’s been discouraging.  Even if us longs preach that we’re in it for the end game, that game has always been a buyout as the final goal in order to win it all, and we’d thought that would have happened by now.  Well, it sucks, but I think this may POSSIBLY go on to become a long long game...that’s the way I’m going to look at it anyway.  Yeah, I may bail if we ever touch mid-twenties again, but like stated above, the technology isn’t going anywhere and we hold the golden goose.  Just need to know when to let go of her and run.  That’s the hard part.

3)  you guys, your posts on the last two pages have been amazing.  A few of you have been putting critical thought into this lately.  It’s so much better than just rockets and crocodiles, although admittedly that’s kind of fun too, lol.  It keeps us honest to ourselves which is very important.  Don’t think of it as being a negative ass like Dickface45 and his posts...you’re bringing real questions to the table with real reasoning.

4)  The things I’ve learned from you guys about the workings of the market is priceless.  The insight, the explanations when someone has a question, the extreme knowledge by some of you guys and your willingness to put it out there for everyone...the comradery.  Thanks, we have a good bunch of people here.
View Quote

Thank you for this. I concur 100%, my Hawaii public school educated brain could not have typed it out so eloquently.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 7:40:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 7:59:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Geiseric:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 8:00:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 8:01:53 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

Almost
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 8:04:13 PM EDT
[#40]
777 is when the magic happens
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 8:17:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: UTex86] [#41]
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 8:18:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By goodasgone81:
View Quote

Can you feel it?!
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 8:19:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Leisure_Shoot] [#43]
anyone else seeing a classic "goose escapes the dresser"?
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 8:22:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By BM-ARM-DPMS-guns:

Can you feel it?!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BM-ARM-DPMS-guns:
Originally Posted By goodasgone81:

Can you feel it?!

My entire position in mvis will be long term gains June 11th.... seems like we'll be on 777 before then but close so it's feeling good to me
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 8:22:23 PM EDT
[#45]

This was a sell to cover for vesting of Performance based awards, which usually happens at or immediately following vesting of the grant (and indicates that the performance metric was met).  If I have time I'll try to go find their old proxy statements to see if it dictates what the performance metrics were.  I'm inclined to think that the performance metric(s) were a market condition (tied to share price) since vesting of market based performance units are not required to be reported on a Form 4 - they're reported at grant.  This is different from performance units granted on something else (like a product milestone) which are required to be reported on a Form 4 at vest, and I don't recall seeing any recent Form 4s for grants for these two.  If I find anything in the proxies I'll post it.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tornadochaser:

I always appreciate your insight here.  You have have a good working knowledge of areas that are completely out of my wheelhouse.  Things I don't even know that I don't know.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 8:33:48 PM EDT
[#46]

That has a very distinct whiff of contract lawyer involvement about it...but maybe just because the ASM is held during active trading hours? Dunno.
View All Quotes

This thread, and moreover you guys in here are the main reason I'm still in this.  I have reasonable knowledge in business and tech, but there are still gaps and lots of things I would hand missed.   I really don't trust anyone on the other platforms.   I've seen a lot of information and predictions that are way out of line.   I like the way information is digested and considered without making rash claims and wild predictions.   I feel like we have more experience and maturity in here than anywhere else.  Thanks Osprey and cheers gents.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 8:37:24 PM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/26/2021 8:48:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By m6z:
$12 end of next week is my guess.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/26/2021 8:52:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By evo7011:

https://i.imgur.com/C6avYcT.gif
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By evo7011:
Originally Posted By m6z:
$12 end of next week is my guess.

https://i.imgur.com/C6avYcT.gif

If you put a gun to my head I'd say the low end bound for end of next week is $13.25.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 8:54:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 1712
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top