Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 1712
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 12:27:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 58Teague:

I sold one 2.50 put because I was disgusted, but still a buyer at 2.50. The premium was under 10$ lol.

Saving my cash for MVIS puts I guess.
View Quote

Lol. I wanted to sell some $3 ones.  See if it dips some more.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 12:33:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By KaiK:

They are blocking SENS, that's fucked up.   SENS even has options and is on the Russell.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By shblackdragon:

Etrade does the same; it's not about you but the stock, they consider it not legit enough and block it.  etrade has been blocking SNES the same way, and it's not even OTC

They are blocking SENS, that's fucked up.   SENS even has options and is on the Russell.

SNES, the rat birth control, not SENS.  Often confused; I told a guy at work to but SENS, he bought SNES.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 12:37:35 PM EDT
[#3]

SNES, the rat birth control, not SENS.  Often confused; I told a guy at work to but SENS, he bought SNES.
View All Quotes

Etrade does the same; it's not about you but the stock, they consider it not legit enough and block it.  etrade has been blocking SNES the same way, and it's not even OTC

Someone in this thread did the same, I remember the post and update later that some profits were made on it. Blind squirrel and all...
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 12:40:48 PM EDT
[#4]

View Quote

That's so funny...I actually did lazy background on SNES. The company was interesting, but what really blew me away was the global-scale size of the problem. It's almost like childhood death from dysentery in the third world. An incredibly low hanging opportunity for hard core improvement in living for 3/4s of the planet that continues to gain almost no traction in the first. Not a do-gooder, but...damn.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 12:43:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Total53:
Just walked by a TV in another office tuned to CNBC market show.
They had a meme stock graphic up with GME, something else, KOSS, and MVIS.

We are never going to shake the stink of r/WSB off, it really sucks
View Quote

Rapidly approaching inflection point. Expect this, and worse. This is going to be no quarter.

Hate to see you go, but good luck and come back when you can. I will personally say MVIS' new investor prayer for you
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 12:47:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By BM-ARM-DPMS-guns:

Tried to buy a little (1000) just out of curiosity. TD AM. rejected my effort.

"Opening transactions for this security are not accepted."
View Quote

Fidelity just filled my order of 5535 shares.

NSAV for anyone who missed the first post.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 12:48:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

That's so funny...I actually did lazy background on SNES. The company was interesting, but what really blew me away was the global-scale size of the problem. It's almost like childhood death from dysentery in the third world. An incredibly low hanging opportunity for hard core improvement in living for 3/4s of the planet that continues to gain almost no traction in the first. Not a do-gooder, but...damn.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

Big cities like San Fran, LA and NYC have bad rat issues, esp since parts were essentially abandoned thanks to covid.

Cali has banned use of coagulant based poisons (granting an exception for gov use...because all animals are equal),  so I expected SNES to do well.  The 275 shared in my TD account have been red for a long time.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 12:53:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Bassmaster27:

View All Quotes

So is it or is it not being publicly traded…..?
And if yes wtf is with TDA…..
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 12:56:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Share price of $188 puts me at six figures which would be a little bit of life changing money for me, minus the $20,000 in stcg. What are the chances our lady gets a price of $188 ever?
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 12:56:10 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

Oh.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 12:59:28 PM EDT
[#11]

View All Quotes

The SEC Chill yesterday probably saved me money.

I'm watching it but a bit leary.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 1:00:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By bondservant2:

So is it or is it not being publicly traded…..?
And if yes wtf is with TDA…..
View Quote

Dont know what TD is doing. Fidelity not only let me buy it let me buy with unsettled funds and no fee.

Took a tiny loss on SENS to try my luck with NSAV.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 1:01:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By RatherBeLifting:

The SEC Chill yesterday probably saved me money.

I'm watching it but a bit leary.
View Quote

$175 is worth it to me. $200 is my limit on gambles lol.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 1:22:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:
Share price of $188 puts me at six figures which would be a little bit of life changing money for me, minus the $20,000 in stcg. What are the chances our lady gets a price of $188 ever?
View Quote

Value or sale price of somewhere around $30B results in that price per share.

There was some estimating many pages back, based on potential sales, and some comparisons with recent acquisitions of tech companies.

Let's get back above $3B and stay there, first.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 1:33:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: apexcrusade] [#15]
I would love to dump  Andrew Cuomo that pile of shit KOSS    
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 1:41:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Total53:

We are never going to shake the stink of r/WSB off, it really sucks
View Quote

I, for one, would like to welcome our WSB overlords back to run the price up to $31 again.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 1:46:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Just got back from a week in Maine
Didn't log into Arf at all
Do we have moon lambos yet?
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 1:57:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By colt_thompson:
View Quote

I just bought a golf cart.  Does that count?  
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 1:57:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BM-ARM-DPMS-guns] [#19]
LTNC has actually showed a bit of a gain today. I've held that dog for a while now. It's apparently hooked up with a chain store in the Mid-West, "Hy-Vee". Note below. I'm not familiar with the store brand.
Takeover Industries, the premium provider of NXT LVL(TM) hydrogen-infused spring water and nootropic energy shots, announced today that its product will be available at retail powerhouse Hy-Vee stores across the Midwest.

Takeover Industries Inc. will distribute its NXT LVL(TM) Hydrogen Water to Des Moines-based Hy-Vee's chain of 265 grocery stores and 175 convenience shops throughout Iowa, Illinois, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.

They've jumped up over 22% today. Now I'm only down 79%.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 1:58:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:
View Quote

As a buyout next 0% chance of that price. If they go it alone and become the defacto automotive Lidar company that everyone uses in 5 years, that will require a LOT to go right but it isn't completely impossible though unlikely.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 2:36:09 PM EDT
[#21]
LTNC has actually showed a bit of a gain today. I've held that dog for a while now. It's apparently hooked up with a chain store in the Mid-West, "Hy-Vee". Note below. I'm not familiar with the store brand.
Takeover Industries, the premium provider of NXT LVL(TM) hydrogen-infused spring water and nootropic energy shots, announced today that its product will be available at retail powerhouse Hy-Vee stores across the Midwest.

Takeover Industries Inc. will distribute its NXT LVL(TM) Hydrogen Water to Des Moines-based Hy-Vee's chain of 265 grocery stores and 175 convenience shops throughout Iowa, Illinois, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.

They've jumped up over 22% today. Now I'm only down 79%.
View Quote

Hy-Vee is a decent grocery store chain. We have a few around here, not the cheapest but good quality and their liquor selection is very good.
Could be a good deal for selling the product
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 2:40:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By FelisTacet:

Yes, keep all that in mind MPNelson81.  That cash is locked up until the September 24th date.  This can be alleviated if your account is on margin, but that can get dangerous fast if you're not careful.

Another thing.  Even though these are "American Options" they seldom exercise early.  So if you see the share price drop below your strike say by mid August, the contract most likely won't exercise and the shares "put" into your account.  This is to the advantage of the person or entity that bought your contract...why exercise early when there is still money to be made by them (and potential earnings 'lost' by you)?

This is where fast thinking comes in, and why it sometimes sucks to trade options.  I watch my calls and puts like a hawk, and need to decide daily (and sometimes hourly like this past week) about if I'd be better off letting them exercise or buying them back and either rolling them out to a new strike price or later date...or buying back the contract and just buying the stock outright if it's going crazy like MVIS did this week.

The basics of Covered Calls and Cash Secured Puts is pretty easy, but there are nuances to getting every little bit out of them.  You learn those nuances as you trade options.  Theta and delta, Implied Volatility, 80%/20% to lock in profits, 90%/10% strategy, etc.

Sorry if this is all confusing...I wouldn't worry about the fine details right away.  Covered and Cash-Secured is still the safest and easiest way to play options.  I'm new to them too, but doing it for the last couple few months I've learned a lot.  The guys in this thread are amazing when it comes to helping each other as you've seen.  That being said, if I hit on anything incorrectly (I'm kind of new to this as I've said) someone PLEASE correct me.  
View Quote

This is great, thanks.  Now off to youtube to figure out how to execute the cash secured puts on Schwab!

Link Posted: 8/10/2021 2:41:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:

I, for one, would like to welcome our WSB overlords back to run the price up to $31 again.
View Quote

Im in!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 2:58:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:

View Quote

We all want MVIS pps up over $31, except for that shit face guy.
The issue is every time MVIS makes a move good or bad it will be because of the reddit/meme stock connection. Or at least that's what the media want the public to think.
MVIS was doing her thing before the wallstreetbets crowd pumped her and played out the gains w/options and she'll be doing it long after the sub is gone.
Unless of course MSFT does a buy out
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 3:05:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By colt_thompson:
View Quote

Sorry you missed the $50 spike.

How was your vacation?
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 3:09:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:

View Quote

@Admiral_Crunch how much was it and from where? I want one for tooling back and forth in the neighborhood but haven't seen shit under 3k and most of anything decent is 9k +
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 3:12:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#27]
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:

@Admiral_Crunch how much was it and from where? I want one for tooling back and forth in the neighborhood but haven't seen shit under 3k and most of anything decent is 9k +
View All Quotes

EZGO dealer in Peachtree City.  It was new, kitted out with lithium batteries, roof, rear flip seat, brush guard, all-terrain tires, tow hitch, turn signals, etc.  It was about 13K.
Just the batteries were a $2K upgrade.  But I think it was worth it.  Zero maintenance, and they should last several times longer than lead-acid batteries.
I want to say the stripped-down base model was about 8000-9000.

Link Posted: 8/10/2021 3:22:20 PM EDT
[#28]

EZGO dealer in Peachtree City.  It was new, kitted out with lithium batteries, roof, rear flip seat, brush guard, all-terrain tires, tow hitch, turn signals, etc.  It was about 13K.
Just the batteries were a $2K upgrade.  But I think it was worth it.  Zero maintenance, and they should last several times longer than lead-acid batteries.
View All Quotes

I'd consider that a moon cart for sure!  
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 3:27:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By mygreenkaw:

View Quote

I may name her Mavis.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 3:29:42 PM EDT
[#30]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/6688/IMG_0371__002_-2047568.jpg
View Quote

A - that's nice!  congrats.
B - that's almost side-by-side $$$
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 3:31:24 PM EDT
[#31]

I may name her Mavis.  
View All Quotes

I may name her Mavis.  

LOL
or replace the EZGO logo with one that reads MVIS,, just say-in!

btw don't make an error on your Fidelity options application (going from level 1 - 2) and made a mistake.  They removed my level 1 approval as well
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 3:36:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By zyx5432:

A - that's nice!  congrats.
B - that's almost side-by-side $$$
View Quote

Thanks!  Yeah, I thought about a SxS, but I didn't want gas, and that kills 98% of them right there.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 3:41:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: captnstabn] [#33]

LOL
or replace the EZGO logo with one that reads MVIS,, just say-in!

btw don't make an error on your Fidelity options application (going from level 1 - 2) and made a mistake.  They removed my level 1 approval as well
View Quote

lol damn really?  They bumped you down when you applied for an upgrade?!  Ive heard fidelity is hard on options approval.  E-trade is pretty easy.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 3:49:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Was technically my mistake but yeah, stupid.
After phone time with customer service and no fix, I sent off a friendly email let's see how that goes.  Just annoying more than anything since starting options I now look forward to Mondays!
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 4:41:36 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

Needs a Hemi!!  👍
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 4:58:58 PM EDT
[#36]

Needs a Hemi!!  👍
View Quote

How bad ass is your TRX?
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 5:00:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Was technically my mistake but yeah, stupid.
After phone time with customer service and no fix, I sent off a friendly email let's see how that goes.  Just annoying more than anything since starting options I now look forward to Mondays!
View Quote

I'd be moving to think or swim or etrade.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 5:01:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By TinSpinner:

Someone in this thread did the same, I remember the post and update later that some profits were made on it. Blind squirrel and all...
View Quote

that would be me, it out performed the non typo for a while.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 5:02:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 5:12:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By RyanEsstac:
FYI anyone using Robinhood, your Market Value and portfolio total include your options.

So if you sell $20,000 in covered calls, your portfolio reflects $-20,000 in equity for those calls. Meaning $20,000 is subtracted from your portfolio value.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/10/2021 5:24:03 PM EDT
[#41]

So is it or is it not being publicly traded..?
And if yes wtf is with TDA..
View All Quotes

So is it or is it not being publicly traded..?
And if yes wtf is with TDA..
Yes. I added to my position today as well.
Idk wtf is up with TD
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 5:29:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By 13MIKE:

How bad ass is your TRX?
View Quote

Pretty wild for a truck, that’s for sure.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 5:58:43 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 13MIKE:

How bad ass is your TRX?

I'm at the dealership picking up my wife's vehicle and there is a new one on the floor. Sick truck for sure. Just no where here to use something like that.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 6:01:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By ellimx191:

I'm at the dealership picking up my wife's vehicle and there is a new one on the floor. Sick truck for sure. Just no where here to use something like that.
View Quote

Well mine’s just an around town truck. No malls to visit.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 6:26:32 PM EDT
[#45]
FYI anyone using Robinhood, your Market Value and portfolio total include your options.

So if you sell $20,000 in covered calls, your portfolio reflects $-20,000 in equity for those calls. Meaning $20,000 is subtracted from your portfolio value.
View Quote

On TD nothing changes in your account until the value of the calls change.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 6:56:07 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

And your cash should be +$20,000 leaving a net change of essentially zero until the options change. It's going to be the same in any broker I know of...

Still hate Robinhood. Mostly happy with Schwab these days. I have or have had accounts at Merrill, Fidelity, ETrade, and others. TD A a long time ago. Never WeBull.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 7:09:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Webull has ties to China,  and fuck RH.  

Link Posted: 8/10/2021 8:06:33 PM EDT
[#48]
DPLS has a pretty strong day but I am dismayed by the inability to break through .10.

It had a couple of MA crosses and one nice one going into market close.  I'm watching it tomorrow and if it can't break through .10 I'm going to get out of my position and let it trend back down to pick up more.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 10:02:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#49]

Needs a Hemi!!  
View All Quotes

Needs a Hemi!!  

The Hemi's parked out in the driveway.  It towed her home from the dealer.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 11:22:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 1712
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top