Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 1712
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:11:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:

That's me.  My only consolation is that I didn't have all that many shares.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Leisure_Shoot:
I want to sell, but I'm seriously worried its going to keep climbing until March release, and I wont get back in. Wish I had a lot more.

That's me.  My only consolation is that I didn't have all that many shares.
I'm kicking myself now. I sold 10K shares at .23 to cover my buy in and then 10K at .91 expecting a dip from the carrol baskins hype. That dip never came. Then I bought a 8K position at 1.08 and and sold that at 1.28 again expecting a dip. If I would have just held those 20K shares I had, I'd be sitting at almost $40K on a $4k investment.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:14:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Whippet06:
I'm kicking myself now. I sold 10K shares at .23 to cover my buy in and then 10K at .91 expecting a dip from the carrol baskins hype. That dip never came. Then I bought a 8K position at 1.08 and and sold that at 1.28 again expecting a dip. If I would have just held those 20K shares I had, I'd be sitting at almost $40K on a $4k investment.
View Quote

You win some, and lost some. I just wish I still had the 3k shares of UAVS that I bought last summer for under $1, its almost $12 currently.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:14:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Grabbed 75 shares of MVIS at $11.50.  Hopefully I'm not going to be a bag-holder.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:14:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I was promised a ZOM dip today....where is the ZOM dip

And regarding INKW - this is why I hate consumer retail product penny stocks. Theyre ALWAYS pump and dumps.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:16:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Ain't that some shit?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:18:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By KaiK:
Holy shit MVIS!!!!
View Quote

I'm seriously sick to my stomach for selling half my position yesterday at $9.50.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:18:14 PM EDT
[#7]
IMO INND is not a P&D maybe shortterm it may dip but those with patience with get a nice payoff.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:20:21 PM EDT
[#8]
BB on the way back up.  Wonder how high it will go?
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:20:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Mattyvac:

And regarding INKW - this is why I hate consumer retail product penny stocks. Theyre ALWAYS pump and dumps.
View Quote

it dipped to $1.63 this morning
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:21:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Leisure_Shoot] [#10]
Rando Partygoer Icebreaker question:  What's the coolest thing you've ever done in your life?

Moron 1: I petted a tiger.
Moron 2: I saw Obama give a speech.
Moron 3: Let me just consult my pleasure journal.....
Osprey: Made several strangers (and myself) into millionaires
Moron 4: ........ I got nothin!
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:22:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Whippet06] [#11]

View Quote
disregard. it looks like I was wrong
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:23:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By dlshady:

I'm seriously sick to my stomach for selling half my position yesterday at $9.50.  
View All Quotes
Holy shit MVIS!!!!

You're still holding half. I'm guessing yesterday's move lowered your risk. Profit is profit. Take it, don't look back. Only forward!
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:23:30 PM EDT
[#13]
What keeps me concerned is that Sabby has 12+ million shares. They could take a short position and then dump 2-3 million shares with a ask of $1 driving the price down while making a ton of money and then increase their position at a cheaper price. Since ZOM has been manipulated for the past couple of weeks keeping the price down and then that manipulation suddenly stopped for no reason allowing the price to shoot up makes me nervous to get in right now.
View Quote
if it is artificially being kept down, then it naturally wants to go higher, right?  or, is this not the right way to look at that?
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:24:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CamelPatriot] [#14]
What keeps me concerned is that Sabby has 12+ million shares. They could take a short position and then dump 2-3 million shares with a ask of $1 driving the price down while making a ton of money and then increase their position at a cheaper price. Since ZOM has been manipulated for the past couple of weeks keeping the price down and then that manipulation suddenly stopped for no reason allowing the price to shoot up makes me nervous to get in right now.
View Quote

Thinking the same not buying anymore until dip and fucking up my averages. Still have 3.8k shares.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:26:07 PM EDT
[#15]
View All Quotes

I wound up selling my ZOM at about a 6% profit. I only had 1k shares and I needed the money to shore up a couple other stocks I wanted to hold longer that I think have more room to run. Had I gotten into ZOM around when I was buying into SENS last year oh hell yeah i'd be balls deep in 10k+ shares waiting for it to go gangbusters after March. I think those that have been holding will do well though unless they just absolutely tank their release.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:27:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#16]
Originally Posted By SparticleBrane:
Grabbed 75 shares of MVIS at $11.50.  Hopefully I'm not going to be a bag-holder.
View Quote

I'm hesitant to buy more, because I'm having a bit of deja vu from the 9.50 run up a few weeks ago.  It might reverse and settle back lower again.
I have some buy orders placed to trigger at a few spots if it does slide back down.  If not, I'm strapped in with what I have and am ready for launch.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:27:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:

You're still holding half. I'm guessing yesterday's move lowered your risk. Profit is profit. Take it, don't look back. Only forward!
View All Quotes
Holy shit MVIS!!!!

You're right, and I realize you're right, but it's SO hard to not think about what could have been.  Regardless, I'm still very thankful to have made good money on it thus far!
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:29:12 PM EDT
[#18]
TSNP

I'm up 10,900% on that one.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:30:05 PM EDT
[#19]

You're right, and I realize you're right, but it's SO hard to not think about what could have been.  Regardless, I'm still very thankful to have made good money on it thus far!
View Quote

I hear ya.  The coulda-woulda-shouldas can drive you crazy if you let them.  It's not always easy to shrug them off.

If only I'd put $30K into MVIS at .21....  
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:30:36 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm hesitant to buy more, because I'm having a bit of deja vu from the 9.50 run up a few weeks ago.  It might reverse and settle back lower again.
I have some buy orders placed to trigger at a few spots if it does slide back down.  If not, I'm strapped in with what I have and am ready for launch.
View Quote
Well. To be fair....  
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:32:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Take a look at the MVIS chart for today. That's one of the straightest lines in trading I've ever seen that wasn't a barcode. That looks a lot like machine buying. Which one of you guys owns a Bloomberg terminal?

BTW, shorts are reportedly borrowing 100K blocks right now. That's 'tutes, too. They are NOT gone, and will re-engage. Only question is...when?
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:33:25 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

Yup, you can't keep "would'a, could'a, should'a" yourself.

I sold 50 @ $8.50 and then set a buy @ $7.50 (just following the dips that have been happening).
I don't know how much of that was actually profit, since I have bought and sold so much of it (always making money).
I think the 400 shares I have right now are pure profit (although it shows my average cost being $3.20).

I am still debating selling my 10 POSH that have lost me a few hundred and throwing it all at MVIS.

I have another sell set for 1/2 my shares @ $30, so that will be a nice little profit for me even after taxes (nothing compared to several here, but better than a stick in the eye).
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:35:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#23]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:
Take a look at the MVIS chart for today. That's one of the straightest lines in trading I've ever seen that wasn't a barcode. That looks a lot like machine buying. Which one of you guys owns a Bloomberg terminal?

BTW, shorts are reportedly borrowing 100K blocks right now. That's 'tutes, too. They are NOT gone, and will re-engage. Only question is...when?
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:39:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:
Is anyone still using Robinhood with confidence? Do we need to worry about them going tits up this year?
View Quote

I have it, but don't do much with it and never have.
I got my free share of GoPro and just sat on it for a year or so.
Recently, I sold that share of GoPro and bought a few hundred DogeCoins, just for kicks. I don't see it going anywhere, but if it does, I'll make a few bucks to put towards something better.

The only reason I mess with it is because I already had it and mostly because it does fractional and Etrade does not, unless your DRIP will only buy a fractional, then they do.
So, because of that and for Grins, I put a few bucks in each of the following

FB
AAPL
NFLX
GOOG
TSLA
MSFT
BRK.B
O
HNDL
Need to add one more for a even 10. Tickers.

I plan on throwing a few shekels at each, each month...  
Just to see where they go.  The ones that pay Divs will DRIP.

Other than that I'm staying with E-trade.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:40:25 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

Just a little regret on my end, but still a big profit. That's what I keep telling my self.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:42:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Just sold the rest of my MVIS.  It was small amount but still a handsome profit.

Will look to get back in soon.

Thanks OSPREY!
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:43:24 PM EDT
[#27]
DMNXF has done pretty poorly the last few weeks.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:44:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By crownvic96:
You execute more than 30 trades per quarter.
View Quote

Ahh, That I do...

I'm like a bull in a China shop...
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:45:32 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote
I hope those are actual MVIS prices in your little chart there...
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:45:48 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

Pretty much nailed it. The 50k shares I sold the other day at 9.25 was enough to cover my investment cost and then some ++. Still holding 125k. I have a sell in today for 25k at 12.25 just in case. I don’t want to be caught in a mvis bubble either. I don’t think the 25k will sell today but who knows? If the “power hour” kicks in and it does sell than I’ll be OK if it crashes, you know, “pulls a MVIS” next week. I’ll just wait it out after that. If it sells but next week does a moon shot, its not a bad thing to be sitting on 100k. That 63 split window is getting closer.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:48:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By smullen:

Ahh, That I do...

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By smullen:

Ahh, That I do...

Originally Posted By evo7011:

I swear, every time someone suggests a stock, if I had the money, I’d dump $1000 into because you never know.

These describe my trading style.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:51:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Dammit I thought TDA allowed instant re-trading of funds when you cash in on a non-OTC

Guess not
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:55:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Is GEVO still a good swamp play to get into, or did it have it's run already?

I grabbed 1000 shares of BRLL hoping the Pelosi family pumps it.

I'm kicking myself for dropping WWR, I need to get back into that one and be patient.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:55:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Alright fellas narrowed down between fidelity and etrade which one am I going with want the ease of use like RH
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:56:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Dammit I thought TDA allowed instant re-trading of funds when you cash in on a non-OTC

Guess not
View Quote

It is available for me. Just sold bti and was able to buy something 2 min later. Guess I’m in for 3000 innd
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:56:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By torstin:
INKW crashing too. Yet another
pump and dump? Has this thread been compromised by outside interests?
View Quote

I researched both INND and INKW and liked them both enough to buy hundreds of thousands shares of each at much lower prices last week. Unlike many here I much prefer INKW long term and think the water play is much better than INND. Of the two I'm more concerned INND is a pump and dump.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:58:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:

I'm kicking myself for dropping WWR, I need to get back into that one and be patient.
View Quote
there's at least 12 more years of swamp (2 yrs Biden, 2+4+4 yrs of Harris) , I bet you will do ok.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:58:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:

View Quote

GEVO - The co-founder is on Biden’s science advisory board, green plan announcement soon, this is a green energy company
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:59:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:
Alright fellas narrowed down between fidelity and etrade which one am I going with want the ease of use like RH
View Quote
have you looked for any youtube videos reviewing/describing them?
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:59:55 PM EDT
[#40]

Guess not
View Quote

That might depend on some contingencies, ie size of your portfolio with them, etc.  I generally have immediate access to funds from sales, the amount that is not yet settled is broken out however I have access to 100% right away
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 2:06:00 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

Bird in the hand.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 2:06:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Looks like the dips are coming.

Down on everything I am holding.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 2:09:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 2:12:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Sold some ZOM @ 1.86.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 2:15:06 PM EDT
[#45]
damn here comes the lunchtime selloff. I went from like 15% on the day to under 3% in a few minutes lol.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 2:17:40 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

Meh first time I bought MVIS in May of 2020 I was at 60 cents or so . Sold at $1 and bought back at 90 cents
Trading 4-5000 shares at a time
I also first bought GME at $11
Last time I sold was $410
Made profit but could have made more
Such is life
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 2:20:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Chokey:
TSNP

I'm up 10,900% on that one.
View Quote

Was watching that one last week, went from .50 to near .30 decided I didn't need any since I'm in PYPL already.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 2:22:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mj1angier] [#48]
Well I open a Webull account and it got funded yesterday,,,let the fun begin, lol. It was weird that they let me trade with 1/2 the funds before they cleared.

Also have Ameritrade that was sitting with about $500 in funds, getting it open up again.

So far in Webull I got:

ATIF
ZOM
MVIS
MBRX
CX
LDOS
APA

All in the green !

Edit- forgot the free stocks- 2 GNW and 2 ADT, lol
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 2:23:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Anyone get ORTX?
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 2:27:44 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes
Holy shit MVIS!!!!

No one ever went broke taking profits.
Page / 1712
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top