Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 1712
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 11:10:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Looking for some thoughts. I saw the headline Microsoft is in talks to buy Discord for 10B. What is the thought MVIS hasn’t released any PR of other companies they are in talks with, regarding partnership, M/A etc? Do those company(s) have MVIS under an NDA so it doesn’t tip off competition and start a bidding war?
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 11:10:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, when all else fails, there's good old reliable  GME!
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 11:15:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tooldforthis] [#3]
Thanks for the thoughtful posts in reply to my question.  I appreciate the response as was a bit hesitant to post anything questioning it having seen how badly some people get excoriated for questioning something (on some investment forums).  I don't post on message boards/reddit/facebook/twatter/whatevers as I find to often they are more a source of misinformation than information.  But having read and seen the caliber (pun intended) of the people on this gunboard, I felt fairly comfortable asking and was not disappointed.  I put in more than I probably should have, but not enough to make a huge financial difference.  Just when you hit over $10,000 in loss on one stock, lotta ouchies involved.  

Thanks again, I tremendously appreciate the thoughtful responses received I will continue to follow this and best of luck to all of us.

Link Posted: 3/25/2021 11:16:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:
View Quote

Up 26% on a red day.

Crazy.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 11:18:52 AM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/25/2021 11:19:00 AM EDT
[#6]
This is an ad, NOT an article, pumping the living crap out of a magic mushroom stock, but it has a fair amount of background on the sector.

Might be of interest to those buying MINE.

Psychedelics sound appealing right now...
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 11:23:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#7]
Originally Posted By BM-ARM-DPMS-guns:

You're selling? (MVIS)
View Quote

Oops.  Sorry.  That was a buy order.  

My second buy at 12.66 also fired.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 11:26:14 AM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

LOL

Looks like it's moving up again today.

I am surprised that GME is still has life left but AMC hasn't done anything close to what was expected.  Maybe AMC just needs more time...
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 11:28:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By wilmermj:

Some times Paper hands gotta just paper hand.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BM-ARM-DPMS-guns:

You're selling? (MVIS)

No, my diamond hands just typed in all-stupid.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 11:30:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Yojimbo:

LOL

Looks like it's moving up again today.

I am surprised that GME is still has life left but AMC hasn't done anything close to what was expected.  Maybe AMC just needs more time...
View Quote

patience vs patients

There is a fine line in exercising patience and becoming a mental ward patient while waiting for your stonk to go up!
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 11:30:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:
This is an ad, NOT an article, pumping the living crap out of a magic mushroom stock, but it has a fair amount of background on the sector.

View Quote

Interesting, the concept at least. Looks like they've (PRXTF) dropped about 60% in value since then. I've got 2 million MINE so I'm sure they'll be Mars bound soon!

Link Posted: 3/25/2021 11:31:49 AM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

I made my one purchase in MINE at $0.008.  I threw $80 bucks at the wall, it didn't stick...

On that note if I made another purchase it would be half off....
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 11:32:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Total53:

patience vs patients

There is a fine line in exercising patience and becoming a mental ward patient while waiting for your stonk to go up!
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/25/2021 11:34:20 AM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

Paper hand is a great philosophy for gambling, less so for disciplined investors. Buy when your company meets your conditions and sell when it doesn't.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 11:41:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: skydive70] [#15]
Originally Posted By tooldforthis:
Thanks for the thoughtful posts in reply to my question.  I appreciate the response as was a bit hesitant to post anything questioning it having seen how badly some people get excoriated for questioning something (on some investment forums).  I don't post on message boards/reddit/facebook/twatter/whatevers as I find to often they are more a source of misinformation than information.  But having read and seen the caliber (pun intended) of the people on this gunboard, I felt fairly comfortable asking and was not disappointed.  I put in more than I probably should have, but not enough to make a huge financial difference.  Just when you hit over $10,000 in loss on one stock, lotta ouchies involved.  

Thanks again, I tremendously appreciate the thoughtful responses received I will continue to follow this and best of luck to all of us.

View Quote

I holding long long on MVIS. I was fortunate to make some early purchases last year so I have some room before it hurts. But as others have pointed out, there are multiple verticals with MicroVision and I believe in their technology. HOLOLENSE2 (@osprey61) brought me to the party, but I'm staying with IVAS, LiDAR and buyout.

I thought I'd be happy selling at $5, then $10, then $20, but here I am. There are too many good things to turn away from.

Good luck to us longs!
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 11:51:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Well threw another $100 into MVIS - birthday money from mom. It's down $5 a share from when I bought my first shares a week ago. Have to dollar cost average it. I think it was around $12.80 a share when I initiated today's buy.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 12:02:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#17]
Actually kind of liking the green-to-red-to-green oscillations this morning. Smells like indecision, and possibly some level of support.

BTW, when this much money flows out of the market on mostly sentiment it creates a huge coiled spring. The rush back in can be damn near breathtaking, and the big money is in the early updraft. Mostly why they tell you not to time the market...by the time you're back in you've missed the boat.

If you haven't seen this, it's a serious eye-opener, and kind of a shock. "The ducks are quacking, feed 'em!"

Confessions of a Market Maker.

Episode #1 Confessions of a Market Maker
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 12:03:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Fuckin figures....
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 12:03:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By tooldforthis:

View Quote

Step away and stop looking at the ticker.  Go shoot some guns or go for a hike or something.  Let it play out and don’t expose yourself to the stress of the swings.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 12:06:24 PM EDT
[#20]
added almost 150 shares of MVIS on this ride down the slide the past few days.  Would buy more but about to drop the cash on 3 suppressors.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 12:09:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Where are the bargains we were supposed to get today? I set some really low buys thinking we would see SP in the $10-11 range, looks like that won't happen today.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 12:10:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Me, adding more cash to my account.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 12:30:23 PM EDT
[#23]
How I feel buying 10 MVIS calls at $13.00 today.

Link Posted: 3/25/2021 12:30:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Hydrogen infused designer water having a good day/week. I'm up good percentage wise on it. Might just hold it until it surpasses Gatorade as the #1 sports drink in the world. Then I'll sell and retire early.

Sounds like a plan.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 12:32:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By RatherBeLifting:

https://media4.giphy.com/media/XreQmk7ETCak0/giphy.gif
View Quote

What’s your date on them?
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 12:39:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Didn't even log on to my TD account today. I spent what I'm spending and it'll make money when an announcement comes .
At least my home inspection went well for the four family I'm selling. Got 5% over asking.
Hmmmm, where should I put the money??
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 12:41:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By mrkma:
Hydrogen infused designer water having a good day/week. I'm up good percentage wise on it. Might just hold it until it surpasses Gatorade as the #1 sports drink in the world. Then I'll sell and retire early.

Sounds like a plan.
View Quote

What's the ticker on that one?
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 12:42:35 PM EDT
[#28]
And here she comes screaming back up.

There are folks making SERIOUS money on these silly swings, which it would appear those same folks also have a heavy hand in creating.

Of course, that also means there are plenty of other folks losing their ass on these swings too...

Crazy stuff.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 12:43:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 12:44:16 PM EDT
[#30]

Nice timing!
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 12:45:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: skydive70] [#31]
Actually kind of liking the green-to-red-to-green oscillations this morning. Smells like indecision, and possibly some level of support.

BTW, when this much money flows out of the market on mostly sentiment it creates a huge coiled spring. The rush back in can be damn near breathtaking, and the big money is in the early updraft. Mostly why they tell you not to time the market...by the time you're back in you've missed the boat.

If you haven't seen this, it's a serious eye-opener, and kind of a shock. "The ducks are quacking, feed 'em!"

Confessions of a Market Maker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTdgSUqUBWA
View Quote

A good statement from the MM in that video (paraphrase) "when a market is choppy, what it's doing is it is waiting for information..." ... he also refers to it as a "pick pocket market" ...
Seems very much like our MVIS situation.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 12:46:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By TinSpinner:
Where are the bargains we were supposed to get today? I set some really low buys thinking we would see SP in the $10-11 range, looks like that won't happen today.
View Quote

God as my witness, they're just ain't no pleasin' y'all.

Anyway, remember me talking a couple of days ago about Luminar jumping into bed with a Chinese auto manufacturer being a seriously risky thing due to China's IP piracy and vapor-accounting practices? This is why you invest in Chinese stocks at your potential peril...

"The losses (across the Chinese markets, particularly tech) followed a warning from the Securities and Exchange Commission that it’s taking steps to force accounting firms to let U.S. regulators review the financial audits of overseas companies -- the penalty for non-compliance being ejection from exchanges."

That Hang Seng chart is no joke.

Chinese tech giants dive as delisting threat follows crackdown fears
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 12:50:18 PM EDT
[#33]

Anyway, remember me talking a couple of days ago about Luminar jumping into bed with a Chinese auto manufacturer being a seriously risky thing due to China's IP piracy and vapor-accounting practices? This is why you invest in Chinese stocks at your potential peril...

"The losses (across the Chinese markets, particularly tech) followed a warning from the Securities and Exchange Commission that it's taking steps to force accounting firms to let U.S. regulators review the financial audits of overseas companies -- the penalty for non-compliance being ejection from exchanges."

View Quote

China is asshoe.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 12:54:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rollin-tumblin] [#34]
Where are the bargains we were supposed to get today?
View Quote

We were around the $19 range on MONDAY OF THIS WEEK.  Nothing has changed with the company, and its now four days closer to April demo.  How much of a bargain do ya want?  
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 12:56:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Total53] [#35]

"The losses (across the Chinese markets, particularly tech) followed a warning from the Securities and Exchange Commission that it’s taking steps to force accounting firms to let U.S. regulators review the financial audits of overseas companies -- the penalty for non-compliance being ejection from exchanges."

View Quote

I'm not displeased, just reveling in the anticipation of the Buy Out/MA/Partnership - whatever.

I seen that Chinese crackdown yesterday, not a decade too soon! Fuckers manipulate everything they touch

MAVIS sure is bouncing this morning
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 12:58:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By oldbones:
And here she comes screaming back up.

There are folks making SERIOUS money on these silly swings, which it would appear those same folks also have a heavy hand in creating.

Of course, that also means there are plenty of other folks losing their ass on these swings too...

Crazy stuff.
View Quote

Seriously, watch the video I linked if you think this is crazy. Remember the scene in Wolf of Wall Street where the reporter does the hit piece on how badly the penny stock guys are robbing retail, and the next morning DiCaprio can't get through the front door because of the mobs of people wanting jobs on the floor?

Guys making $4 to $5M a month? A huge amount of retail is nothing but a psy-op carefully designed to lure you in, scare you to death, and send you packing after cleansing your wallet. Ten minutes in and you'll be wondering how in the world is this legal...
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 1:06:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By mrkma:

Sounds like a plan.
View Quote
Shit. I forgot to buy LTNC.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 1:08:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#38]

I'm not displeased, just reveling in the anticipation of the Buy Out/MA/Partnership - whatever.

I seen that Chinese crackdown yesterday, not a decade too soon! Fuckers manipulate everything they touch

https://media.giphy.com/media/lWP8BbzlC0WS4/giphy.gif
View Quote

Yea, no sighs of relief yet. Odds are extremely good they'll shake the tree hard for another day or two, especially with a couple of well-timed head fakes.

Link Posted: 3/25/2021 1:10:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By rollin-tumblin:

We were around the $19 range on MONDAY OF THIS WEEK.  Nothing has changed with the company, and its now four days closer to April demo.  How much of a bargain do ya want?  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rollin-tumblin:
Where are the bargains we were supposed to get today?

My portfolio is FULL of bargains now. Lol.
I've added to 5 of my positions so far. But only a little on MVIS.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 1:15:08 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

The mods frown on that sort of thing.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 1:19:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:

View Quote

Maybe PG-13 rated?

I will remove it if you want?
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 1:19:51 PM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

Maybe, but I, fucking loved it!
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 1:21:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#43]

Maybe PG-13 rated?

View All Quotes

Maybe PG-13 rated?

It's not me that cares.  I rather enjoy it.  

Just didn't want you to get your peepee smacked.    Bikini pics are a no-no in GD, according to the CoC.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 1:22:04 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm a bit disappointed.  I figured today was going to be bloodier than it has been so far.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 1:26:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Total53] [#45]

It's not me that cares.  I rather enjoy it.  

Just didn't want you to get your peepee smacked.    Bikini pics are a no-no in GD, according to the CoC.
View Quote

I changed it - no bikini

Guess I need to read the CoC
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 1:27:10 PM EDT
[#46]

I changed it - no bikini
View Quote

I like that one too.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 1:32:47 PM EDT
[#47]

I changed it - no bikini

Guess I need to read the CoC
View Quote

I think brunettes are against CoC also. Can you change it to a blonde?
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 1:33:51 PM EDT
[#48]

I like that one too.  
View All Quotes

I changed it - no bikini

I like that one too.  

Ain’t nothing wrong with that
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 1:35:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By m3tric:

I think brunettes are against CoC also. Can you change it to a blonde?
View Quote

Sure
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 1:45:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RatherBeLifting] [#50]
Originally Posted By Zac87:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zac87:
Originally Posted By RatherBeLifting:

https://media4.giphy.com/media/XreQmk7ETCak0/giphy.gif

4/16/21

ETA:  It just adds to my collection.  I bought 5 @ $14 yesterday.
Page / 1712
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top