Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 1703
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 3:43:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Well that was underwhelming af. Conference call tomorrow 9am.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 3:47:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Unbelievable to me that they called a trading halt for volatility before there was any volatility. A new MS drug is a huge thing, and I'm sorry but I'd bet anything that halt was manipulated. A normal approval on a major pharma drug used to drive huge surges.

Congrats anyway to the guys who scored. Those gains aren't common anymore.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 3:56:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Osprey61:
Unbelievable to me that they called a trading halt for volatility before there was any volatility. A new MS drug is a huge thing, and I'm sorry but I'd bet anything that halt was manipulated. A normal approval on a major pharma drug used to drive huge surges.

View Quote

So is it over? That was underwhelming
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 4:03:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By cccpNyC:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Not so sure it's over. Conference call tomorrow morning could reveal clarity on direction of company moving forward. Stock price will eventually reflect accurate valuation of company based on projected sales. That figure will be more evident in time. I still think the stock price is way undervalued.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 4:04:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn
Still in
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 4:08:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By jpcdmd:

Not so sure it's over. Conference call tomorrow morning could reveal clarity on direction of company moving forward. Stock price will eventually reflect accurate valuation of company based on projected sales. That figure will be more evident in time. I still think the stock price is way undervalued.
View All Quotes

It has 65% institutional ownership and 2024 sales from new drug is expected to be > $1 Billion.  I agree it's not over.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 4:11:30 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

I agree on the valuation. I figured I'd lock in 40%+ profit and re buy when things settle down
Appreciate the heads up on this
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 4:22:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:

It has 65% institutional ownership and 2024 sales from new drug is expected to be > $1 Billion.  I agree it's not over.
View All Quotes

I thought the same thing about SENS.

Link Posted: 12/28/2022 4:36:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By colt_thompson:

I agree on the valuation. I figured I'd lock in 40%+ profit and re buy when things settle down
Appreciate the heads up on this
View Quote

Nice profit
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 4:39:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Cantor issued a PT of $40 for TGTX today.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 4:46:15 PM EDT
[#11]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/184311/cantor_PNG-2652035.JPG
View Quote

Not being overly suspicious, but I am considering a dabble. What does Cantor's disclosure say? Do they have a position on either side of the house?
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 4:49:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Is anyone looking at starting to build up a position in Intel? They seem like they're an important company for the country and the yield is looking pretty decent at these prices. Thinking of adding 100 a month until I'd get to 1-2k shares.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 4:51:00 PM EDT
[#13]

Not being overly suspicious, but I am considering a dabble. What does Cantor's disclosure say? Do they have a position on either side of the house?
View Quote

Article was paywalled, I just captured the headline.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 4:55:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rustyboy] [#14]
Originally Posted By colt_thompson:
UAN below $100
@rustyboy

Any news or just general market selloff?
View Quote

IRS ruling changed withholding rules for ex-US owners of MLPs. Most brokerages told their customers they had until today (end of year plus 3 days settlement) to liquidate these positions in order to avoid being in the middle of it. Previously, most ex-US small time traders just didnt file to get a small withholding back. Now the withholding is going to be huge.

I think it's forced selling related to this. $40 distribution over next calendar year, starting end of Feb. Q4 is sold. Q1 is sold. Q2 is mostly sold.

I sold Feb $95 Puts today. It's highly likely the Feb OPEX is before the distribution is announced.  I hope I'm put.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 4:59:42 PM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/184311/cantor_PNG-2652035.JPG

"After TG Therapeutics announced the FDA has approved Briumvi for the treatment of relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis, or RMS, Cantor Fitzgerald analyst Prakhar Agrawal said he thinks approval was "mostly expected," but added that "on first blush" the label looks "slightly better than expectations" given that it does include the CDP efficacy data in the label and there is no mention of malignancy risk and no mention of PML risk specifically related to Briumvi. Given the positive label, he thinks the stock "could be up about 5-10% from current levels," added Agrawal, who thinks investor focus will now be on list price and discounting strategy when the company hosts its call tomorrow at 8:30 a.m. ET. Agrawal has an Overweight rating and $40 price target on TG Therapeutics shares, which are up $1.12, or 14%, to $8.94..."
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 5:03:09 PM EDT
[#16]

Sometimes the most difficult thing to do is - nothing.  Stay put.  Hard for me since I get impatient.  SENS is tempting if I can get under a dollar.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:
Buying more SENS and MVIS to make each holding a nice round number of shares.  That is, if my buy price hits of course.

TGTX - waiting and watching,  Probably should get in much more than I am.

Every day I debate selling every share of SENS, taking the tax loss and buying more MVIS
Ugh

Sometimes the most difficult thing to do is - nothing.  Stay put.  Hard for me since I get impatient.  SENS is tempting if I can get under a dollar.

Fuck me running
$.98
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 5:09:47 PM EDT
[#17]

"After TG Therapeutics announced the FDA has approved Briumvi for the treatment of relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis, or RMS, Cantor Fitzgerald analyst Prakhar Agrawal said he thinks approval was "mostly expected," but added that "on first blush" the label looks "slightly better than expectations" given that it does include the CDP efficacy data in the label and there is no mention of malignancy risk and no mention of PML risk specifically related to Briumvi. Given the positive label, he thinks the stock "could be up about 5-10% from current levels," added Agrawal, who thinks investor focus will now be on list price and discounting strategy when the company hosts its call tomorrow at 8:30 a.m. ET. Agrawal has an Overweight rating and $40 price target on TG Therapeutics shares, which are up $1.12, or 14%, to $8.94..."
View Quote

How do we listen to this call?
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 5:25:54 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

Okay, not being a downer, but something else occurs that may be germane. I typed this out on a post here a good while back, but it's probably been forgotten. One of my best friends here has been with a major pharma his whole life. He makes great money, and refuses to give me specific tips (which is frustrating ), but he has explained some of the intricacies of the drug trade to me.

There are two types of drug introductions/approvals. The first is original, groundbreaking R&D and it's attendant clinical trials. If it produces a break-through drug the upside can be enormous. The second is a drug developed overseas that has been in use there for some period of time, seeking approval for use in the US. If it has a good track record the approval is somewhat more likely, and the market response will be good but normally not overwhelming. They also frequently go to smaller distributors, for reasons I honestly don't remember. Maybe smaller margins? Dunno. But based on the bolded portions above, I think that may explain the (great, don't get me wrong) but muted response today.

Not pushing either way, but it's worth the DD to check. I'm not great on pharma, but I'll do my best to figure it out.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 5:36:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#19]
Not nearly as hard as I thought. Original formula called ublituximab. Looks like a good drug, tomorrow's pricing action will hinge heavily on that projected  market share and discount rate for the drug.

"Ublituximab, an agent designed to target a unique epitope on CD20-expressing B-cells, was approved based on results from the phase 3 ULTIMATE 1 and 2 trials (NCT03277261; NCT03277248). These trials, which featured 1094 patients with relapsing MS across 10 countries, showed the superior efficacy and safety of ublituximab in comparison with teriflunomide (Aubagio; Sanofi), a relatively newer agent that received FDA approval in 2009. Both trials were conducted under a special protocol assessment established with the FDA."
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 6:27:01 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

TGTX call link
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 6:46:00 PM EDT
[#21]

TGTX call link
View All Quotes

TGTX call link

Probably will go over my head as I slurp my morning coffee but it can’t hurt, right?
Thanks for the link
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 7:45:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vengeance6661] [#22]

Link Posted: 12/28/2022 8:03:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 9:08:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By mrTightInThePants:
Is anyone looking at starting to build up a position in Intel? They seem like they're an important company for the country and the yield is looking pretty decent at these prices. Thinking of adding 100 a month until I'd get to 1-2k shares.
View Quote

On my play/3rd bucket account I am getting a position. But it's scope is 1/200th of my normal investments so small money.
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 9:13:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Silverbulletz06:

On my play/3rd bucket account I am getting a position. But it's scope is 1/200th of my normal investments so small money.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Silverbulletz06:
Originally Posted By mrTightInThePants:

Forgot that was you with the intel position.  

You’re a better person than me staying optimistic on it
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 12:07:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Porkchop_Sandwiches:

View All Quotes

Difference is these guys are aggressive, plan to ship 1Q2023, and could price theirs under the currently shipping similar drugs  -- "cheaper" one is $65k/year so lots of room to maneuver -- and gain huge market share fast.

SENS said 'we'll ship some in 6 months', and didn't raise profit expectations
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 12:21:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Dumped the last of my BBIG.  

Still buying MVIS, SENS and Rivian.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 12:42:29 AM EDT
[#28]

Wonder how many times I could walk by that display and say "Holy shit, that's huge" before they kicked me out? :)
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 8:45:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Per a post on reddit, there will be a test vehicle with Mavin lidar inside. This is coming from Microvision in an email response. I hope it is truly integrated into the design and not slapped on it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 10:54:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Vengeance6661] [#30]
Originally Posted By Firebug93:
Per a post on reddit, there will be a test vehicle with Mavin lidar inside. This is coming from Microvision in an email response. I hope it is truly integrated into the design and not slapped on it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Firebug93:

IR confirmed “there will be a test vehicle with MicroVision’s advanced lidar at the MicroVision booth. Additional information about that vehicle has not been publicly announced.”

Jeff also said the current plan is there will not be a MicroVision management webcast while at CES.

He also said it is a busy time meeting with the investment community this month and arranging meetings at CES and that he will be at the MicroVision booth from January 5 to 7.

I believe there was speculation the vehicle could be a Mini. I don't think there is anything confirming Mavin will be inside the vehicle though.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 11:07:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Vengeance6661:

I believe there was speculation the vehicle could be a Mini. I don't think there is anything confirming Mavin will be inside the vehicle though.
View Quote

What would be the point of having a vehicle without it there?  "here's a car that we could, but haven't put our unit in?"
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 11:14:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By shblackdragon:

What would be the point of having a vehicle without it there?  "here's a car that we could, but haven't put our unit in?"
View Quote

Compare the size of Mavin to various parts of the vehicle.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 11:16:28 AM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

Did they get screwed on labeling? Approvals have seemed to be hit or miss the last several years. Have a couple that just sold off after approval as well. Doesn't seem worth the risk most of the time now.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 11:17:27 AM EDT
[#34]

Forgot that was you with the intel position.  

You’re a better person than me staying optimistic on it
View Quote

Don't fight the fed.

Don't bet against government subsidies.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 11:19:02 AM EDT
[#35]
TGTX trying to break out finally.  Volume over daily average already
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 11:24:24 AM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

I missed the call this morning, did anyone catch it?
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 11:25:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bradpierson26] [#37]

View All Quotes

Yes
Medical stuff that seemed positive
Distribution in Q1 and 2
$220mm cash

Not much on financials

Burned my tongue on some coffee
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 12:38:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Anyone trading TGTX still?

Picked up 1,000 shares at opening this morning.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 12:39:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By RatherBeLifting:

View Quote

Trading? No
Sitting on? Yes
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 12:47:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Another phara called KALA doing well on an approval for just a field trial.

Yowza. Pull up the YTD graph...$92 in Mar 2022 down to $3.88 on Dec 19, 2022...and at $15.25 right now. You want volatility, this one makes a roller-coaster look tame.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 1:03:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Another phara called KALA doing well on an approval for just a field trial.

Yowza. Pull up the YTD graph...$92 in Mar 2022 down to $3.88 on Dec 19, 2022...and at $15.25 right now. You want volatility, this one makes a roller-coaster look tame.
View Quote

I don’t know that I’ve ever seen earnings per share that bad.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 1:07:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Sold a bunch of losers.  Don't want to take profit on TGTX now since more cap gains.  Except in the ROTH
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 1:12:43 PM EDT
[#43]
A day after the FDA approval of its multiple sclerosis therapy ublituximab, the shares of TG Therapeutics (NASDAQ:TGTX) added ~27% on Thursday to reach a ten-month high as the management and analysts commented on its upcoming launch.

The CD20-directed antibody branded as Briumvi will be available for adults with relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis (RMS) from Q1 2023 at an annualized maintenance price of $59K or ~9.8K per vial Adam Waldman, Chief Commercialization Officer of TG Therapeutics (TGTX) said Thursday.

“With this approval now in hand, TGTX transitions to a commercial launch execution story,” JP Morgan analyst Eric Joseph and the team wrote with an Overweight rating and $21 per share target on the stock.

The analysts expected TG Therapeutics (TGTX) to issue Briumvi at a list price of about $71K annually, in line with currently available anti-CD20 monoclonal antibodies.

Given its convenience and value to healthcare providers and patients due to faster infusion, Joseph and the analysts don’t think that TG Therapeutics (TGTX) adequately reflects the commercial potential of Briumvi, even with conservative market share estimates.

Meanwhile, citing a survey of 40 MS doctors, Bank of America sees hurdles to commercial launch and argues that the drug’s convenience factor is insufficient to persuade prescribers. On pricing, the analysts led by Alec W. Stranahan noted that discounts of more than 20-30% are required to have a meaningful impact.

The analysts argued that amid a superior profile for Roche’s (OTCQX:RHHBY) (OTCQX:RHHBF) rival MS therapy Ocrevus, the company would struggle to switch patients to the new therapy. They reiterated the Underperform rating on the stock yet raised the per share target to $6 from $5.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 4:35:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By RatherBeLifting:

View Quote

Good pick up. I'm holding everything for now. Future is looking bright.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 4:37:06 PM EDT
[#45]
FREQ up 20% today on no news...
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 4:38:45 PM EDT
[#46]
A day after the FDA approval of its multiple sclerosis therapy ublituximab, the shares of TG Therapeutics (NASDAQ:TGTX) added ~27% on Thursday to reach a ten-month high as the management and analysts commented on its upcoming launch.

The CD20-directed antibody branded as Briumvi will be available for adults with relapsing forms of multiple sclerosis (RMS) from Q1 2023 at an annualized maintenance price of $59K or ~9.8K per vial Adam Waldman, Chief Commercialization Officer of TG Therapeutics (TGTX) said Thursday.

“With this approval now in hand, TGTX transitions to a commercial launch execution story,” JP Morgan analyst Eric Joseph and the team wrote with an Overweight rating and $21 per share target on the stock.

The analysts expected TG Therapeutics (TGTX) to issue Briumvi at a list price of about $71K annually, in line with currently available anti-CD20 monoclonal antibodies.

Given its convenience and value to healthcare providers and patients due to faster infusion, Joseph and the analysts don’t think that TG Therapeutics (TGTX) adequately reflects the commercial potential of Briumvi, even with conservative market share estimates.

Meanwhile, citing a survey of 40 MS doctors, Bank of America sees hurdles to commercial launch and argues that the drug’s convenience factor is insufficient to persuade prescribers. On pricing, the analysts led by Alec W. Stranahan noted that discounts of more than 20-30% are required to have a meaningful impact.

The analysts argued that amid a superior profile for Roche’s (OTCQX:RHHBY) (OTCQX:RHHBF) rival MS therapy Ocrevus, the company would struggle to switch patients to the new therapy. They reiterated the Underperform rating on the stock yet raised the per share target to $6 from $5.
View Quote

I've seen comments that BofA held or holds a large short position. $5 to $6 is a joke. Also seen mention that the drug cost will be closer to $20k per year, which is significantly less expensive than Ocrevus. I'd have to dig up sources on this though.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 4:40:22 PM EDT
[#47]

I've seen comments that BofA held or holds a large short position. $5 to $6 is a joke. Also seen mention that the drug cost will be closer to $20k per year, which is significantly less expensive than Ocrevus. I'd have to dig up sources on this though.
View All Quotes

I've heard the same.  Who knows what the drug pricing will end up to be - I'd imagine it will be whatever captures the most market share.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 6:14:35 PM EDT
[#48]
On-line article about Lidar, which amazingly mentions MVIS and actually carries quite a long Sumit quote.

“The industry is inching forward on the autonomous vehicle front and not exactly leaping forward as many of us hoped,” said CEO MicroVision Sumit Sharma. “Lidar and autonomous vehicles are no doubt tied together.” Manufacturers on the path to Level 5 autonomy will come to rely on lidar, but right now the automotive market is making the transition from Level 2 to Level 3 autonomy in the coming year. With increased adoption of EVs, he said, car companies are searching for new means of differentiation. “Safety is emerging as the next source of differentiated capabilities, and lidar will play a key role in allowing OEMs to build new safety, proprietary features.”

Sounds like he's frustrated with the rate of adoption, but he shouldn't be. As I keep saying, at the point the insurance lobby starts arm-twisting Congress, it will stop being about differentiation...and become all about legislation.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 11:05:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vengeance6661] [#49]
On-line article about Lidar, which amazingly mentions MVIS and actually carries quite a long Sumit quote.

“The industry is inching forward on the autonomous vehicle front and not exactly leaping forward as many of us hoped,” said CEO MicroVision Sumit Sharma. “Lidar and autonomous vehicles are no doubt tied together.” Manufacturers on the path to Level 5 autonomy will come to rely on lidar, but right now the automotive market is making the transition from Level 2 to Level 3 autonomy in the coming year. With increased adoption of EVs, he said, car companies are searching for new means of differentiation. “Safety is emerging as the next source of differentiated capabilities, and lidar will play a key role in allowing OEMs to build new safety, proprietary features.”

Sounds like he's frustrated with the rate of adoption, but he shouldn't be. As I keep saying, at the point the insurance lobby starts arm-twisting Congress, it will stop being about differentiation...and become all about legislation.
View Quote

And just look at all these patents we have. Beautiful.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 7:52:04 AM EDT
[#50]
It will get better, I just need my coffee.
Page / 1703
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top