BCM
User Panel

Warhammer 40k Thread (Page 19 of 19)
Page / 19
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 4:10:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

World Eater terrain.  Total melee paradise.

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 7:55:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Hellion-Productions:

Best,
JBR
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Best,
JBR

Somebody say World Eaters?

Attachment Attached File

I need to finish painting them.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 5:23:09 PM EDT
[#3]
awesome stuff, I don't play, I enjoy the novels and I have a Adepta Sororitas Repentia Squad I'm painting. Their story horrifies me.  As well as the Penitent Engines, holy shit that is horrifying in my imagination.  

Link Posted: 8/19/2024 12:22:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Salamanders Ballistus Dreadnought. It's pretty much done. I just need to add the decals.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/19/2024 3:02:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By CB1:
awesome stuff, I don't play, I enjoy the novels and I have a Adepta Sororitas Repentia Squad I'm painting. Their story horrifies me.  As well as the Penitent Engines, holy shit that is horrifying in my imagination.  

View Quote

I haven’t read about the Sisters yet. Do you have a recommendation on the book to start with?
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 1:26:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Sir_Sparhawk:
Salamanders Ballistus Dreadnought. It's pretty much done. I just need to add the decals.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/464833/IMG_20240818_231918845_jpg-3298518.JPG
View Quote

I dig that lava base.

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 3:29:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Space Marine 2 is quickly approaching.

I have owned every Playstation Console since the PS1 came out, but I had zero desire to purchase the PS5 until now. I will be buying the PS5 just to play with my buddy who recently bought one online playing Space Marine 2.  Trying to convince my other best friend who sadly moved to North Carolina to buy a PS5 to hop on with us and play the campaign co-op.  

Looks like I'll be able to customize my player to look like a Black Templar as well.
Link Posted: 8/20/2024 9:40:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:
Space Marine 2 is quickly approaching.

I have owned every Playstation Console since the PS1 came out, but I had zero desire to purchase the PS5 until now. I will be buying the PS5 just to play with my buddy who recently bought one online playing Space Marine 2.  Trying to convince my other best friend who sadly moved to North Carolina to buy a PS5 to hop on with us and play the campaign co-op.  

Looks like I'll be able to customize my player to look like a Black Templar as well.
View Quote

I'll be doing either an Exorcist or Red Hunter (if they got the iconography) space marine
Link Posted: 8/23/2024 9:27:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Question for you Warhammer people..

My 12 year old son has recently discovered painting miniatures. He was given a space marine to paint at Comic Con last month and has been hooked ever since. He’s always been a creative, artistic kid and I figured this would be a fun hobby for him…until I went to buy him a set of figures.

Holy shit are these things pricey!!

So are there a more affordable miniatures out there? Some sort of generic alternative? He’s not concerned about having a full army (or whatever) or even playing the game. He just likes painting the little guys. Doesn’t have to be Warhammer either, could be Dungeons and Dragons type stuff. Although he seems to like armored soldiers with big guns.

Another question is are all of the Warhammer figures ones you have to glue together? Are there are versions that are just ready to prime and paint. I’ve superglued my fingers together more times than I’d care to.

I appreciate any advice you all can give.

Here’s what he’s done so far
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 9:40:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quick shot of a 2000 pt game with my son.  Fists v. Sisters.  The Repulser has just disgorged two five man squads of Hellblasters.

Link Posted: 8/24/2024 10:37:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hellion-Productions] [#11]
Originally Posted By AR-1904:

My 12 year old son has recently discovered painting miniatures. He was given a space marine to paint at Comic Con last month and has been hooked ever since. He’s always been a creative, artistic kid and I figured this would be a fun hobby for him…until I went to buy him a set of figures.

So are there a more affordable miniatures out there? Some sort of generic alternative? He’s not concerned about having a full army (or whatever) or even playing the game. He just likes painting the little guys. Doesn’t have to be Warhammer either, could be Dungeons and Dragons type stuff. Although he seems to like armored soldiers with big guns.

Another question is are all of the Warhammer figures ones you have to glue together? Are there are versions that are just ready to prime and paint. I’ve superglued my fingers together more times than I’d care to.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/168740/2B8B2034-B3FB-4884-9533-DF357FC95824_jpe-3302747.JPG
View Quote

A lot of Games Workshop stuff is over $10 per figure.  It's madness.
One way is getting a resin 3d printer and making your own figures (it's a whole other hobby).
Or, try Wargames Atlantic figures.  They cover a wide variety of genres (historical, Sci fi, and fantasy) and come 24 figures to a box.
Wargames Atlantic on Amazon

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 12:25:14 PM EDT
[#12]

One way is getting a resin 3d printer and making your own figures (ita whole other hobby).
Or, try Wargames Atlantic figures.  They cover a wide variety of genres (historical, Sci fi, and fantasy) and come 24 figures to a box.

Best,
JBR
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/168740/2B8B2034-B3FB-4884-9533-DF357FC95824_jpe-3302747.JPG

One way is getting a resin 3d printer and making your own figures (ita whole other hobby).

Best,
JBR

That’s exactly what I’m looking for! Thanks!!
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 7:11:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Lungbuster:

I haven't read about the Sisters yet. Do you have a recommendation on the book to start with?
View Quote
this one is pretty awesome.

Link Posted: 8/29/2024 10:17:50 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

look up majorkill minis
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 12:51:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By BOPHack:

look up majorkill minis
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BOPHack:

look up majorkill minis

Those are pretty nice. Thanks for the tip.
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 1:38:27 AM EDT
[#16]

Yeah, sadly it's not just GW either.

I loved The Witcher 3 video game, maybe my favorite video game of all time, but looks like Blackrock and Vanguard invested heavily into CDPR and now the Witcher 4 narrative director is this steaming pile of crap Woke LGBTQ cultist from the looks of his social media posting lately.
View All Quotes

Yep, Blackrock and Vanguard own enough shares of GW collectively to hold all the other share holders hostage to their whims. And their whims are full on wokeness DEI girl power for the Warhammer universe. And they're purposely targeting anything Henry Cavil likes or has to do with 40k to make him wash his hands of it. My brother and I have decided to never buy anything from GW again. I'm happily going to pirate and 3D print anything of theirs I want now.

I loved The Witcher 3 video game, maybe my favorite video game of all time, but looks like Blackrock and Vanguard invested heavily into CDPR and now the Witcher 4 narrative director is this steaming pile of crap Woke LGBTQ cultist from the looks of his social media posting lately.

FWIW, SM2 (releasing 9/9) is so far looking to hold true to the  true & original WH40K universe, with lots of additional content coming out for it into the next year.
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 6:09:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:

FWIW, SM2 (releasing 9/9) is so far looking to hold true to the  true & original WH40K universe, with lots of additional content coming out for it into the next year.
View All Quotes

Yep, Blackrock and Vanguard own enough shares of GW collectively to hold all the other share holders hostage to their whims. And their whims are full on wokeness DEI girl power for the Warhammer universe. And they're purposely targeting anything Henry Cavil likes or has to do with 40k to make him wash his hands of it. My brother and I have decided to never buy anything from GW again. I'm happily going to pirate and 3D print anything of theirs I want now.

My son and I are pretty excited for it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 11:16:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By CB1:
this one is pretty awesome.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/147/71qwo1-XCRL__SL1500_-3304690.jpg
View Quote

Thanks. I’ll check it out.
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 12:29:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 12:53:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By D_J:

I've got a group of 2 friends (plus me) for our SM2 fire team.  Bulwark Black Templar here.

No Pity
No Remorse
No Fear
View Quote

My kid is an Imperial Fist nerd and I'm a World Eater heretic lol.
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 6:28:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#21]
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:

Check it out:

Space Marine 2 PHOTOMODE Revealed! This looks amazing!

Campaign has a photo mode to make pics. Epic wallpapers & memes to be had.
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 8:35:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/4/2024 12:33:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By D_J:

I've got a group of 2 friends (plus me) for our SM2 fire team.  Bulwark Black Templar here.

No Pity
No Remorse
No Fear
View Quote

Umm Night Lord tac marine checking in! I'll see you on the battlefield.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 7:07:14 PM EDT
[#24]
It's happening!

Warhammer 40K Introduces First FEMALE Adeptus Custodes

Kneel to the femstodes!
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 7:24:35 PM EDT
[#25]
It's happening!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVe4ol6jxFM

Kneel to the femstodes!
View Quote

GW is so fucking stupid sometimes.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 9:04:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#26]
Originally Posted By teamjawbox:

GW is so fucking stupid sometimes.
View Quote

Yep.

I think Dr. Disaster has the right idea about supporting SM2, which does everything right in the WH40K universe. Dorks rejoice!

Space Marine 2 DETHRONES Black Myth Wukong on the Steam Charts. 'Toxic Masculinity' SELLS WELL
Link Posted: Yesterday 9:12:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#27]
Broke down and purchased SM2: Gold Edition for my kid and I so we could play together this weekend. I couldn't hold out till Monday.

$200 on Steam for lines of code.
Page / 19
Next Page Arrow Left
Warhammer 40k Thread (Page 19 of 19)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top