Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/1/2023 9:34:45 PM EDT
Got the boxed DVD set.  Wal-Mart I believe.

It is STILL a good show, 30+ years later.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 9:35:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

View Quote

Did they fuck up all of the music like Tour of Duty?
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 9:36:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Dana Delany was fuckin' hot. She's still not too bad, but she was great in that.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 9:37:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I always thought Tour of Duty and China Beach made good bookends to the Vietnam War.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 9:48:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dana Delany was fuckin' hot. She's still not too bad, but she was great in that.
View Quote
She lived right down the road from me on the Isle of Palms for a couple of years in the early 90s.  Used to see her shopping in the Piggly Wiggly from time to time, always had a one piece with a big floppy hat and sunglasses and wrap around her lower on ... and flip flops.  I remember her feet ... sexy as phuq feet. Always a different toenail color. Little bitty skinny tiny ankles and one helluva natural body, great legs and ass.

Actually helped her pull imported olives off the top shelf one time ... she was incredibly beautiful in person.

My wine sales buddy who's store that was working for Pearlstein Distributors back then, Mark Spring (he's dead now) he actually hit on her and she handled it like a Queen. Total class, totally in control but without being a bitch.

She's in that show with Sylvester Stallone now, Tulsa King, written by the guy who does Yellowstone.  

She had one of those smiles, and laughing eyes, like I always compare to Karen Allen.  Sort of a girl next door look.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 9:54:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And Northern Exposure.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 10:03:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Bunch of slackers...

Link Posted: 4/1/2023 10:19:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not that I can tell, but it's been thirty years.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 10:22:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Never watched that show but am watching tour of duty now.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 11:11:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

How is the video quality? Does it upconvert well?

Only place I found it online was on Firestick and they quality was god awful, unwatchable. Thought about buying the DVDs.

The #2 pic JQ6 posted, there was some blow back on the pic because people thought she didn’t have a bra on, she does in fact have a bra on.

Also, the pants she wore in the beginning are the same pants Goldie Hawn wore in PVT Bengermin (sp), they were the only ones that looked good, so they knocked off sets when the show was going to make it.

She remained hot until she got too much botox, which she regrets.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 11:38:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Only place I found it online was on Firestick and they quality was god awful, unwatchable. Thought about buying the DVDs.

The #2 pic JQ6 posted, there was some blow back on the pic because people thought she didn’t have a bra on, she does in fact have a bra on.

Also, the pants she wore in the beginning are the same pants Goldie Hawn wore in PVT Bengermin (sp), they were the only ones that looked good, so they knocked off sets when the show was going to make it.

View Quote

Video quality seems to be that of a very good crttv.  Not great, but not terrible.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 11:43:12 PM EDT
[#12]
I haven’t watched that since it was on tv but I can still hear the theme song.
Link Posted: 4/1/2023 11:58:59 PM EDT
[#13]
I remember this scene after 3 decades

Link Posted: 4/2/2023 12:02:42 AM EDT
[#14]
She's on Tulsa King now
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 12:03:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

She also dated John "Lurch" Kerry which she also regrets...
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 12:09:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_Q5ALlzwkg
View Quote

After I got back and met a few nurses from that place...the big evac hospitals...
I remembered how my mission in my mind was to get the wounded bandaged up and into the Dustoff helos
Always made me feel a little victory.
Later on back home when I talked to them...I realized all I did was send them on to the nurses who had the real
jobs...and had to live with that the rest of their lives.
I don't know how they did it...a couple I met really didn't...
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 12:11:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
"always had a one piece with a big floppy hat and sunglasses and wrap around her lower on ... and flip flops.  I remember her feet ... sexy as phuq feet. Always a different toenail color. Little bitty skinny tiny ankles and one helluva natural body, great legs and ass."
View Quote

Were you choking yourself as you typed that?
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 7:38:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Pale skin, redhead, Irish good looks........are my weakness.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 8:29:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
i was choking myself as i was reading it.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 8:31:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
She lived right down the road from me on the Isle of Palms for a couple of years in the early 90s.  Used to see her shopping in the Piggly Wiggly from time to time, always had a one piece with a big floppy hat and sunglasses and wrap around her lower on ... and flip flops.  I remember her feet ... sexy as phuq feet. Always a different toenail color. Little bitty skinny tiny ankles and one helluva natural body, great legs and ass.

Actually helped her pull imported olives off the top shelf one time ... she was incredibly beautiful in person.

My wine sales buddy who's store that was working for Pearlstein Distributors back then, Mark Spring (he's dead now) he actually hit on her and she handled it like a Queen. Total class, totally in control but without being a bitch.

She's in that show with Sylvester Stallone now, Tulsa King, written by the guy who does Yellowstone.  

She had one of those smiles, and laughing eyes, like I always compare to Karen Allen.  Sort of a girl next door look.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:06:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

I bet that I could've bagged her.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:41:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

I had to google that, because I was hoping you were wrong. It seems like it was only one date. But, yeah...
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:45:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Sadly I thought it was inferred that she prefers to bat the other team.  I thought I read somewhere she had a “female travel companion”.

Dating John Kerry can do that.

Edit,...wiki, as lame as it is, mentioned when asked about her personal life, when she hit 50 she decided she was ready to marry but had no idea who he was at that time.

She likes to keep her life personal and not public.  Firmly in the Democrat camp,...Hillary supporter, does work for Planned Parenthood, attends GLTBWTFBBQ events.  

Too bad, she lays was a looker and seemed like able.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:45:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:47:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Sadly I thought it was inferred that she prefers to bat the other team.  I thought I read somewhere she had a "female travel companion".

View Quote
i'll be in my bunk.

@Jayne_Cobb
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:47:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. She was hot back in the day
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:49:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's how you get a face full of mace and a restraining order.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:52:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Sadly I thought it was inferred that she prefers to bat the other team.  I thought I read somewhere she had a “female travel companion”.

View Quote

I read a Playboy interview decades ago, she's a bit of a freak. But, she isn't a lesbian.

She's only worth about $10mil and she's not Asian, plus she's old w/ too much botox, so she's a downgrade anyway.

NOW, if she got some Hollyweird people to do some work and make her face look like McMurphy, I could roll with that. I mean, they made it look like Paul Walker was still alive for Shawshank Redemption, so they really can do magic.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:53:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

I must admit, I started reading that and then scrolled back up to see if it was a carmelbythesea post.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:55:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I read a Playboy interview decades ago, she's a bit of a freak. But, she isn't a lesbian.
View Quote

I am quite ok with that then.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 9:58:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/2/2023 10:06:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
You know what movie they ruined with that? "Where The Buffalo Roam."
If you get the DVD or Blu-Ray, all the music is different, and it sucks.
I have an old VHS copy with the original soundtrack.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 10:27:38 AM EDT
[#34]
The clip from the show reminds me of when I used to work in patient. As a trauma nurse, I’ve seen some fucked up stuff. You can’t talk about it to your family as they just call it gross. So you hold it in, make dark humor jokes with other nurses, and try to stay human for your wife and kids.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 10:29:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I must admit, I started reading that and then scrolled back up to see if it was a carmelbythesea post.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/2/2023 10:58:33 AM EDT
[#37]
I passed on both shows when new.   I’d better check them out now I guess.

Still thinking about dui skinny cunt with short haircut tho…

Link Posted: 4/2/2023 11:11:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Through the mirror of my mind, time after time, I see reflections of you and me

Quoted:
I haven’t watched that since it was on tv but I can still hear the theme song.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/2/2023 11:18:26 AM EDT
[#39]
CHINA BEACH PARTY from ON THE TELEVISION Series
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 11:57:59 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd look like that and think "Was worth it."
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 1:55:41 PM EDT
[#41]
After watching Tour of Duty I didn't like China Beach because it seemed to be fakey Hollyweird war story stuff.    Then after a few episodes as they let the characters develop it grew on you.  By the end of the series it was one of my favorite shows.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 2:43:54 PM EDT
[#42]
That was one of the few series I ever enjoyed
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 3:09:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

After I got back and met a few nurses from that place...the big evac hospitals...
I remembered how my mission in my mind was to get the wounded bandaged up and into the Dustoff helos
Later on back home when I talked to them...I realized all I did was send them on to the nurses who had the real
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_Q5ALlzwkg

As a medic, I always had a lot of respect for the 'Nam vet doctors and nurses.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 5:33:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

@Kodiac-AK

Looking through the episode lists for each season, I only see 2 or 3 song replacements.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 8:25:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

She's 66 & surprisingly still gets work at her age.

Exit of Eden was her best work........................  
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 8:28:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

She was pretty serious with Don Henley for a while too.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 8:30:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

You may be thinking of Catherine Bell, she of JAG fame?
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 8:30:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

She was pretty serious with Don Henley for a while too.
View Quote

Don Henley - All She Wants to Do Is Dance
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 8:41:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
After watching Tour of Duty I didn't like China Beach because it seemed to be fakey Hollyweird war story stuff.    Then after a few episodes as they let the characters develop it grew on you.  By the end of the series it was one of my favorite shows.
View Quote

I take that as high praise. I loved the series when it came out and DD has always been my #1.

Side note,

Has anyone else read Home before morning by linda vandervander (sp).

Edit

Lynda Van Devanter
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 8:43:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top