Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2024 5:44:05 PM EDT
House is 13 months old. Sunroom was added about 10 months ago. It was originally a carport that we had enclosed. The roof was already there, they just added the outside walls/windows.

Today I have water in the sunroom. I marked where the water is dripping from and attached some photos. Any opinions? I called the builder and he is going to try to come out tomorrow. We have had rain, even a hurricane and haven’t had water until today.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 5:53:53 PM EDT
[#1]
My guess is it was never flashed.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 6:08:43 PM EDT
[#2]
The sunroom was built up to the exterior siding instead of removing the siding then flash and J channel to the new wall. Vinyl siding has weep holes that allow moisture that forms on the backside from condensation or a driven rain to weep out at the bottom of each piece of siding.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 8:49:27 PM EDT
[#3]
This is all the sunroom company added:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 9:09:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 6/28/2024 9:56:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 3:42:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Could it be condensation vs a leak ?
How are you conditioning the sunroom now that it’s enclosed ?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top