Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2024 7:07:15 PM EDT
My father in law would stay with us from time to time, and when he would stay with us, he would happily spend time with, and walk our dogs. Last November, sadly, our Trixie girl passed away due to old age, leaving us with our Honey (aka honey buns). Around that time my father in law started losing use of his right arm, he had already pretty much lost the use of his left arm, and he never would go to the dr to get it checked out. Due to the loss of the ability to use his arms, his stays with us became less and less frequent, yet ever time he visited, Honey had to come down and say hi.

Wednesday, tragically my father in law passed. While I’m incredibly sad that he’s no longer here, I am not upset. Earlier today, I went downstairs to help my wife do some light cleaning in his bedroom, but we’re not packing up his belongings yet. As my wife and I are changing the sheets on his bed, Honey is down with us sniffing around, and laying her head on his bed a whining. Honey didn’t witness his passing, as he passed at a hospital 30 miles away, but somehow she knew.

Fair winds and following seas Paul.

Honey buns on happier days.

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:16:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry for your loss, OP.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:19:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I have made my friends promise that, if I die, they take my dog to see my dead body so he doesn't think he was abandoned or wait for my return.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:20:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry for your loss and glad he had a furry friend.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:38:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry for your loss
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:09:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry for your loss.

Dogs can sense things.

Before our daughter left us a few days after brining her home, we had our dog sitter bring our dogs home so they could meet her for a bit.  They did not see her go either, but they definitely mourned with us, even if it was just feeding of of our energy.  There is more with one of them, he has done some things specifically acknowledging her multiple times since she has left.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:33:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I too believe animals sense things we can’t, energy, spirits, many things.
Bless yall
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:37:18 PM EDT
[#7]
We called our neighbor the morning after my dad passed. She said our golden had been walking the fence crying all night. Dad died 50 miles from home.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:44:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Dusty in here 😭
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top