Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2022 6:17:42 PM EDT
New to it and taking suggestions. Got a few extra bucks laying around and it seems like the time to buy since it's been dropping like a brick the last couple of weeks, instead of buying another gun. Just fun money, something to play with.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 6:19:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 6:19:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought Norwegian cruise line on a whim.  The stock has been beat up lately.  I'm up a little.  When crypto crashes it is going to be ugly.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 6:24:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Doge.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 6:25:14 PM EDT
[#4]
beitodesstrafe coin!
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 6:35:51 PM EDT
[#5]
ETH, BTC, BNB, ADA
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 6:37:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
beitodesstrafe coin!
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/20/2022 6:37:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I’ve probably been doing it wrong but I’ve just stuck with BTC and ETH.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 6:39:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Tezos

Buy a shit ton and drive the price up.

Please.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 6:40:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
ETH, BTC, BNB, ADA
View Quote

This, maybe add in some XLM while it's cheap. Doge is pretty much done in my opinion. Grab some if you want and swing trade it. It bounces from .16-18 frequently. Read into the cheap shitcoins and if they are actually making any forward progress it doesn't hurt to throw a little in. Consider those throw away money that might surprise the hell out of you. I like safemoon, I think in a few years they are going to make some big gains.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 6:40:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Doge.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Doge.

Was thinking this, Ethereum and Shiba.

Quoted:
ETH, BTC, BNB, ADA

I take it ETH is the ticker for Ethereum?

Link Posted: 1/20/2022 6:47:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Build a mining rig; mining is where the real money is made in crypto, IMO.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 6:50:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Crypto looks to be in a downtrend presently, but ETH BTC BCH LTC are probably going to be the “safe” bets in that space longer term.

Diversify
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 6:51:13 PM EDT
[#13]
I made very nice profits and some nasty losses this past year. Number one rule is don’t invest more than you can afford to lose. The swings are enormous, especially with low cap alts. I would suggest experimenting with investing with small amounts of money first until you get comfortable sifting out the bullshit info and scammers and get the hang of setting stop loss orders, etc. Take profit religiously. I have turned $1000 into $10000 in a week, then watched it crash back down again after I got greedy and not following my own advise. I follow @IchimokuDoc on Twitter, he has a good track record so far. Don’t pay for private groups and consider any unsolicited correspondence to be a scam. In a strong bull market many altcoins will double or more quickly, be quick to cash out because 99% will crash back down after initial pumps. Avoid cult coins, they aren’t football teams, don’t get attached or emotional about trades.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 6:51:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 6:52:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I’ve probably been doing it wrong but I’ve just stuck with BTC and ETH.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 6:53:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Last time I looked into this, the calculations seemed to indicate that buying the coin and HODL while it appreciates comes out far ahead of building a mining rig and trying to recoup your costs/go profitable.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 6:57:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Last time I looked into this, the calculations seemed to indicate that buying the coin and HODL while it appreciates comes out far ahead of building a mining rig and trying to recoup your costs/go profitable.
View Quote

It depends. If the coin goes to shit at least you have a pile of high end graphic cards
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 6:58:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 7:00:54 PM EDT
[#19]
BTC, ETH, or SOL

Bitcoin is… Bitcoin.
ETH is the biggest alt coin but is losing out on traffic because of their high fees. ETH 2.0 is supposed to fix that, but they’re already way behind on releasing it and are continuing to lose ground to other alts.
Solana is one of the largest market cap altcoins. They have much lower fees than ETH and I doubt they will go anywhere anytime soon.

Link Posted: 1/20/2022 7:01:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Bitcoin and Etherium.  Watch InvestAnswers channel every night one Youtube.  He he loves Solana.  The other coin I have a bunch of is Algorand.  Fed just announced they have been researching CBDC, basically a Fed Coin, since 2018.  Specifically the Boston branch has been doing this with the help of MIT.  Guess which chain's founder is an MIT professor?  Algorand.  Pure wild speculation.  The coin has been shitting itself the last few weeks though.  That's wild speculation and not advice, FYI
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 7:01:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Safemoon. Plz buy a lot and drive it upwards!
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 7:03:35 PM EDT
[#22]
XYO
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 7:04:06 PM EDT
[#23]
There are a few decent youtube channels and many shills, Coin Bureau is good info but pay attention to what he's holding and don't just get hyped on a specific video he does.  Just staying BTC or BTC & ETH is the safest noobie friendly way.  I was happy to branch out after learning more, but ultimately if your holdings are comprised of 50% BTC/ETH 25% of top 25 coins and 25% of top 50 coins you are playing it moderately safe while volatile enough to make money.  There are however $#it coins scattered in there pumped up from illogical investors.  Also look at market cap, if Cardano ($1.25) grew to be as big as Bitcoin, it's going to be worth ~$18 a coin not $41k because it has a much larger circulating supply.  Like dot coms most will be dead in the future.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 7:05:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 7:10:03 PM EDT
[#25]
I've been shifting towards physical goods, as I think that's the lesson we're being taught.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 1:16:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I've been shifting towards physical goods, as I think that's the lesson we're being taught.
View Quote

Physical goods are covered. Want to play around with something.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 1:22:22 PM EDT
[#27]
What's the largest drop in price of gold percent wise thats ever happened and when?

Just curious...
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 1:27:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Physical goods are covered. Want to play around with something.
View Quote

If you're just playing around, literally just pick a few off of Coinbase.

If/when you get serious, use a proper wallet and don't leave anything on an exchange.

For picks: BTC and ETH are always safe.
LINK and SHIB have been good to me in the past.

HOGE should spike at some point this year...
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 1:27:35 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm spread in long term holds on: JASMY, LTC, LINK, ADA, ASM, and TRU. I have a bunch locked up in the ETH2 conversion too.

There's just so many crypto's out there now and just like stocks you need to know how you are trying to invest or speculate in them.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 1:33:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Gold.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 2:07:49 PM EDT
[#31]
There's only one crypto asset. Take that for what it's worth and then choose as you may.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 5:26:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Helium
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top