Quoted:

Naw, it’s the tiddies.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 4:14:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sample size of 2. But 2 coworkers are all in about anime. And yes, they are 2 weird mother fuckers. No matter how much you tell them you aren't interested in the least, they are trying to show some anime clip to you.
Finally had to tell one of them that the weird pseudo pedo crap wasn't my style. I like to look at real tits.
He finally stopped. Yeah, the biggest percentage of the anime fans are weird as fuck.
View Quote

At the end of the day anyone who forcibly brings any topic/hobby/interest repeatedly to those who have stated they don't want to talk about it are weirdos, regardless of said topic/hobby/interest.

Wait until you hear about food truck fanatics. It's a great way to practice your excuses of how to get out of conversations.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 4:38:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Wait until you hear about food truck fanatics. It's a great way to practice your excuses of how to get out of conversations.
View Quote

Food truck fanatics? That's a new one.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 4:44:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Every single person I know of who's into anime is off.  

I'm sure there are normal ones out there but I haven't run into any.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 4:47:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I honestly don't know how anime has any appeal after you lost your virginity
View Quote
I honestly don't know how anime has any appeal before or after you lost your virginity.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 4:51:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I skipped through the video.

Wasn't so much about the anime...

Can anyone time stamp what shows he was into.

Link Posted: 2/20/2023 5:15:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Guns don't kill people - big breasted prepubescent Japanese cartoon girls do.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you believe anime caused this then you believe the gun killed his family.

Guns don't kill people - big breasted prepubescent Japanese cartoon girls do.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 5:24:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
I just got done watching the whole thing.  It's certainly a screwed up story, but the topic of anime is in the 53 minute video for about 7 seconds.  He mentions it in a list of things that he enjoys along with video games with his brother.  Neither anime or video games seemed to be a super serious interest of his and I gathered were not the cause of any of it.  He mentioned the word as if someone might mention a light hobby.  "I like to golf" or whatever.  The detective asked him what anime is, he explained it as "Japanese cartoons", and then the video/documentry moved on never to return to the topic.

After watching all of it, OP picked out a tiny and in my opinion inconsequential part of the story. The story could certainly be thread worthy here on arfcom, but I think the thread title is misleading.

I certainly have my own views about anime which are not generally positive, but now knowing the story, in this case, I don't think it had anything to do with anything.

Link Posted: 2/20/2023 5:30:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I just got done watching the whole thing.  It's certainly a screwed up story, but the topic of anime is in the 53 minute video for about 7 seconds.  He mentions it in a list of things that he enjoys along with video games with his brother.  Neither anime or video games seemed to be a super serious interest of his and I gathered were not the cause of any of it.  He mentioned the word as if someone might mention a light hobby.  "I like to golf" or whatever.  The detective asked him what anime is, he explained it as "Japanese cartoons", and then the video/documentry moved on never to return to the topic.

After watching all of it, OP picked out an tiny and in my opinion inconsequential part of the story. The story could certainly be thread worthy here on arfcom, but I think the thread title is misleading.

I certainly have my own views about anime which are not generally positive, but now knowing the story, in this case, I don't think it had anything to do with anything.
View Quote

The only reason it is noteworthy is because it was part of a series of ice breaker questions that really just dug him into a hole of a specific stereotype for the internet to laugh at.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 5:38:01 PM EDT
[#10]
OP probably thinks violent video games create school shooters and Dungeons and Dragons/Magic the Gathering causes you to worship Satan.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 5:39:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

So it was the video games?

Got it.

I knew they were no good.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 5:41:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

After watching all of it, OP picked out a tiny and in my opinion inconsequential part of the story. The story could certainly be thread worthy here on arfcom, but I think the thread title is misleading.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shame.  I assumed it was clickbait but figured it must have been a very crazy show to get a dude to kill his family.

Then they started talking about cam girls and I got bored.

Link Posted: 2/20/2023 5:43:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Shame.  I assumed it was clickbait but figured it must have been a very crazy show to get a dude to kill his family.

Then they started talking about cam girls and I got bored.

View Quote

The title is literally “Son Spends $275,000 of Dad’s Money on Virtual Girlfriend”

Maybe this is a critical reading problem you have?

This is coming from a guy who spelled loser, looser.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 5:44:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

So it was the video games?

Got it.

I knew they were no good.
View Quote
The man is obviously mentally ill, he murdered his family.  I agree with the prosecuter at the end of the video.  He became obsessed with a woman (a real a woman), whom was selling her...services, on the internet via video calls.  He stole $200K dollars (and then some) from his family and give it to this woman.  When his father booted him to the curb, destroying his structure and his little bubble, his mentally ill mind snapped and he did what he did.  This story is about a fucked up obsession with a real woman, theft of a hell of a lot of money and then murder.

As I said, I don't exactly have a positive view of anime myself, but objectively, that's not what the story in the video you linked nor the legal case, is about.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 5:46:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I honestly don't know how anime has any appeal before or after you lost your virginity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cowboy Bebop is a gateway drug to buying a Jericho
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 5:46:52 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View Quote

True, and also a contender from fate zero
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 5:47:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Good example of boomer parenting
View Quote

Not unless he is in his 40s.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 5:47:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The title is literally "Son Spends $275,000 of Dad's Money on Virtual Girlfriend"

View Quote
The virtual girlfriend is a real person.  Per the video, she lives in Belgium and they show her picture and video clips, several times.  The murderer paid her (stolen money) for her remote video services, then became obsessed with her.  The "virtual" part, refers to their communication method due to physical distance.

This story is most certainly about a girl, but she is not a cartoon.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 5:47:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Sample size of 2. But 2 coworkers are all in about anime. And yes, they are 2 weird mother fuckers. No matter how much you tell them you aren't interested in the least, they are trying to show some anime clip to you.
Finally had to tell one of them that the weird pseudo pedo crap wasn't my style. I like to look at real tits.
He finally stopped. Yeah, the biggest percentage of the anime fans are weird as fuck.
View Quote

That's been my experience for the most part.  I think I watched 1 episode of some anime, and said what the fuck is this crap.  1. It's weird, 2.  They are poorly written, 3. The actual animation sucks, and 4.  The people who watch it are fucking weird.

I have forbid my kids from watching it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 5:47:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The title is literally “Son Spends $275,000 of Dad’s Money on Virtual Girlfriend”

View Quote

You seem rather angry, maybe you shouldn’t watch anime.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 5:48:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The virtual girlfriend is a real woman.  Per the video, she lives in Belgium.  The murderer paid her (stolen money) for her remote video services, then became obsessed with her.  The "virtual" part, referees to their communication method due to physical distance.

This story is most certainly about a girl, but she is not a cartoon.
View Quote

Virtual girlfriend meaning not a real girlfriend.

Did you think it meant an actual anime, cartoon like ai girlfriend?
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 5:48:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You seem rather angry, maybe you shouldn’t watch anime.
View Quote

I’m too busy killing these noobs on counter strike.

……. Oh shit!
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 5:50:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Virtual girlfriend meaning not a real girlfriend.

Did you think it meant an actual anime, cartoon like ai girlfriend?
View Quote
Yes, I did think that is what you meant.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 5:57:37 PM EDT
[#24]
It couldn't have to do with the real Bulgarian camgirl titties, right? It has to be anime titties that made him crazy?
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 7:23:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iluOmq1DYY

TLDW:

-anime enthusiast
-looser
-spends close to 300k on Bulgarian cam girl.
-murders family.
-uses brothers credit card after he shoots him in the face to wack off to her in public’s parking lot.

Unconfirmed but probably had wifu stickers on car.
View Quote

The anime didn't do it anymore than guns shoot people or booze makes you kill people in driving accidents.

--------

And yes, a noticeable amount of mainstream anime is reallly screwed up. Some is also great. The middle is ... well ... there.

-------

People attracted to anime tend to be fringe-y here in the states, classically. Because a good bit of anime is, by american standards, fringe-y and just weird (not weird good, just weird).
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 7:25:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Has anyone watched Gantz? I watched that years ago :)
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 7:32:20 PM EDT
[#27]
This is some truly brave new world - huxley sytle stuff.

Gatebox Grande - ???????????? - PV??????????

And japan wonders why it is in population decline.

Some dude got "married" to a smaller version of that thing:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/japanese-man-marries-the-hologram-he-admired-for-10-years-in-tokyo-ceremony-a3991401.html

Kondo and Hasune Miku were married at a ceremony in front of 40 people in early November, and signed papers provided by the distribution company, Gatebox. The firm claims 3,700 similar "cross-dimensional" weddings have taken place. / AFP/Getty Images

How long before they combine this stuff with chat GPT or something like it?

Link Posted: 2/20/2023 7:38:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m6gUxvGGlo

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/japanese-man-marries-the-hologram-he-admired-for-10-years-in-tokyo-ceremony-a3991401.html

Kondo and Hasune Miku were married at a ceremony in front of 40 people in early November, and signed papers provided by the distribution company, Gatebox. The firm claims 3,700 similar "cross-dimensional" weddings have taken place. / AFP/Getty Images

View Quote

Do you really think there was any hope for someone(s) like that to have a "normal" life, even if such technological oddities didn't exist?

Sometimes, some models are just lemons.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 7:47:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Do you really think there was any hope for someone(s) like that to have a "normal" life, even if such technological oddities didn't exist?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why shouldn't I believe that people who are messed up by the pressures of modernity could be capable of doing what is right?

Quoted:
Sometimes, some models are just lemons.

In the "what if that's true" model ... ok, but even if human people are irredeemably broken, would that make it right to ... well, I'm not sure exactly what you'd propose ... ?

ETA: the point is, we should aim towards what is right and try to get towards it, even if we can't get there.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 7:49:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Now that’s some creepy shit.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 7:50:26 PM EDT
[#31]
In before guy in marching band uniform says “LOL.”

Link Posted: 2/20/2023 7:53:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Like marrying a holographic Alexa.
Truly MGTOW.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 8:09:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Do they have to have the big doe eyes to be considered anime ? . . . . or big tiddays even ?
Cause after this popped up in my suggestions, I now feel an insatiable desire to wing suit in a tornado during the big boog- luau-mageddon

Battlefield 2042 Trailer but with the full song (Kickstart my Heart)

Link Posted: 2/20/2023 8:17:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
MORE LIKE Brain Damage.

$275,000... He could of went to amsterdam and lived like a king lmao for a bit.

But he gave it to some EThot.
View Quote

He could have been the king there probably for a month, or live like a God for a week
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 8:21:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Has anyone watched Gantz? I watched that years ago :)
View Quote

I have it's definitely a weird one.

Link Posted: 2/20/2023 8:22:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iluOmq1DYY

TLDW:

-anime enthusiast
-looser
-spends close to 300k on Bulgarian cam girl.
-murders family.
-uses brothers credit card after he shoots him in the face to wack off to her in public’s parking lot.

Unconfirmed but probably had wifu stickers on car.

View Quote

@nmxdavenn did you learn about this on a recent insomnia stream?
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 8:24:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Truly MGTOW.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Truly MGTOW.

That's exactly what it is and what happened.

The gatebox is a "digitial assistant."
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 8:26:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

That's been my experience for the most part.  I think I watched 1 episode of some anime, and said what the fuck is this crap.  1. It's weird, 2.  They are poorly written, 3. The actual animation sucks, and 4.  The people who watch it are fucking weird.

I have forbid my kids from watching it.
View Quote

Are you talking about anime or the latest Star Wars movies?
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 8:27:22 PM EDT
[#39]
damn, manu ginobili really fell off
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 8:28:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 8:30:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Probably gonna get laid at least twice a week.  That counts for something
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 8:34:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s the gun that dude used to murder his family
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 9:15:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

@nmxdavenn did you learn about this on a recent insomnia stream?
View Quote

Naw I just like that guys channel.

I'll look into it though.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 9:22:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was doing ok with cowboy bebop till they shoved Grencia in everyone's face.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 9:27:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Imagine being an alleged adult in 2023 and still being so gleefully ignorant that you think anime is just "a thing for weird pedo loosers(sic)" without realizing the massive amount of different genres, styles and media it encompasses and never having enjoyed series like Robotech or movies like Porco Rosso... ??
View Quote

I find a lot of it childish…but Cowboy bebop, I revisited it after going through so much shit in my life over the last few years, and noticed some really serious things it addresses, like past trauma/memories.  It just has a good story.  Another thing I learned about it after listening to a French Whisperer show on Buddhism is that you find certain concepts of Buddhism within it, like an endless cycle of life, death, and rebirth into a world of suffering.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 10:13:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.  Also watched the whole thing just to understand better how the psychos' minds operate.

Anyway, based on the interview, it does not look like anime is the focus here.  It's a loser that was spoiled rotten by the mother (and the father and brother's partial complicity) and apparently believed that he had a serious relationship with some who're on the other side of the world.  His belief shows when he said he "could not simply disappear" and had to get back to her.

I wonder if those girls are professionally trained to attract and keep those losers emotionally hostage and even orient them in how to take money from the family to keep their addiction going.  And I also wonder how many of them are also hostage of some human sex trafficking organization.  

This whole situation is fucked up and even that clinic the parents sent him to has some guilt for such a blatantly failed diagnosis.

Link Posted: 2/20/2023 11:00:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Good example of boomer parenting
View Quote

Boomers are living rent free inside your head. You probably think you're edgy but you sound like you belong on the maddow show, or maybe a contributing writer.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 11:26:30 PM EDT
[#48]
How are there no pics of this Belgian cam girl in this thread?
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 11:36:26 PM EDT
[#49]
GD:   One dude shot his family in a way that could have been distantly related, somehow, to anime.   BAN ANIME!!!!

DU:   Okay.  So let’s talk about guns then.

GD: ….
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top