Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2022 12:58:47 PM EDT
I posted some SD cigar bars in the Gentlemen's Club thread. Thought maybe it should get its own thread.

Just to be straight. Each place must allow both cigars and spirits and be indoors!
If you like cigar bars then you probably know a google search typically lists tons of results. If the bar allows you to go out front and smoke a cigarette, then google calls it a cigar bar.

San Diego
Excalibur Cigars is pretty swanky.
Cigar Cave is kind of hipster and is owned by a woman. When I was there there were lots of Brazillian chicks dancing to samba music.
Caesars Cigar and Spirits Lounge is good if you are in the downtown area.

New York City
You can still smoke in NYC!
Club Macanudo is where the rich folks go on the Upper East Side. They have a state of the art ventilation system. You will not smell like smoke when you leave.
SoHo Cigar Bar is pretty laid back. Prices aren't too insane either.
Hudson Bar & Books is library themed. They play old James Bond movies on a TV. Be warned. This place is incredibly smoky.
Lexington Bar & Books - sister to Hudson. It's another Upper East Side lounge.
Velvet Cigar Lounge in Brooklyn - DO NOT GO HERE. It is not a cigar bar. It's a bar that sells cigars. If you buy one they will tell you to go outside and smoke it. Most disappointing thing since Little Orphan Annie decoder ring.
Grand Havana Room - This is a private club at the top of 666 Park Avenue. This is not for the poors. Its a private club so don't even think of going there.
Merchants - Another upper east side. It's usually behind a restaurant. Yes I said usually. The restaurant closes every few years and a new one opens. NYC cigar bars are grandfathered in. If they close, they are done. You can't open any new ones so all of these have been around for a long time and are likely not to go anywhere. So I believe Merchants got around this by putting a glass partition up and calling their space two different names so the cigar part could stay open. Looks like it worked. The cigar part has been open for a long time. The restaurant has closed and re opened several times.

Buenos Aires
Piso 15 Sky Bar by Vuelta Abajo Social Club - Rooftop bar in the tourist area of BA. Lots of scotch and cigars
Prado and Neptuno - More of a cigar shop that serves booze. Doesn't have a lounge feel, but pretty laid back.
Others - Lots of google listings but they all seemed to be closed. Be forewarned to make sure they are open before going.

Prague
Týnská Bar and Books and Mánesova Bar and Books - Sister bars of the New York ones. Haven't been yet.

Miami
Prime Cigar in Brickell. Sort of hidden in plain sight on the second floor of an office building. Its fun to walk into. You go through a small foyer, up the elevator and then a cathedral of awesomeness. Super awesome lounge with a wall of glowing liquor and sometimes a band. They are open late, even during the week. The reason I know of only one cigar bar in Miami is because it's so damned good and there's no reason to look for a better one.

Minnesota
Nada, zip nothing. Not allowed here.

I know arfcom has a cigar forum, but I find there's a lot of porch smokers there who might not know of too many places.

Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:01:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I've only been to one cigar bar, The Red Hat in Taylor, TX.

Seemed pretty laid back.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:10:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Indianapolis Indiana: Rocky Patel Burn

https://www.burnbyrockypatel.com/indianapolis
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:11:35 PM EDT
[#3]
My friend’s basement who gives out Padrons
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:12:11 PM EDT
[#4]
There are a couple good ones in Las Vegas
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:17:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Really on been to one, Smokers Abbey in Nashville. They have some killer pipe tobacco blends and cheap beer.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:19:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I hang out at metro cigars in Germantown wi.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:26:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Oval office...........

Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:29:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Outlaw Cigar, multiple locations around Kansas City. You have a locker for cigars and booze and a lounge to enjoy.

He also sends a ridiculous number of Cigars to deployed troops and has pictures of the units on the walls.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:34:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Smokey Joes in Fife Washington.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:51:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Clay Pipe at Mohegan Sun was decent before the wu flu
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:54:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Corona Cigar Company in Orlando
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:59:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Only one I've really spent time in is Casa Fuente in Las Vegas, and I enjoyed it.  But having looked up the places in the OP, I'm now fairly certain that I've never been in a good one.  

There are two, locally that I've visited once each.  Creepy vibe.  Like everyone was waiting for something to happen, and maybe I was a part of it.  I order my cigars online now.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 2:00:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Outlaw Cigar, multiple locations around Kansas City. You have a locker for cigars and booze and a lounge to enjoy.

He also sends a ridiculous number of Cigars to deployed troops and has pictures of the units on the walls.
View Quote

Came to post this
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 3:25:49 PM EDT
[#14]
The only two I've been to that I really enjoyed were the Casa Montecristo in DC, and my local, Napa Cigars. My local is kind of touristy being in downtown Napa, but there's a pretty good local crew that hangs out there that are always good for a laugh. Good selection of spirits there since they got their full on liquor license, and they're not priced out of this world. They'll even sell hard to find bottles for significantly less than the local liquor stores.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 3:58:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Cigars International has a few locations in PA, FL and TX.  The one in Hamburg, PA is really nice.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 3:59:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Hotel Adlon Kempinski in Berlin.

Intimate, Cubans and a killer scotch list.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 4:31:06 PM EDT
[#17]
219 King St in Alexandria VA used to have a pretty good cigar and scotch bar in the 2d floor.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 4:39:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Silver Leaf in Fort Worth, TX.

RIP Pop's Safari.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 4:42:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 4:45:35 PM EDT
[#20]
we talking cigar bars strictly?  like are able to purchase an alocholic beverage on site?  Or are cigar lounges welcome as well? (no alcohol service, but you can hang out and smoke and perhaps bring your own drink to enjoy?)
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 4:52:05 PM EDT
[#21]
John B Hayes Tobacconist, Winchester VA
Long Ridge Cigars, Winchester VA
Perfect Ash Cigars, Independence Ohio.

3 great places I frequent often.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 4:56:13 PM EDT
[#22]
I never got into cigar bars/lounges.

I like to walk with a cigar, or sit by the campfire in my backyard. No need for a lounge.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 5:06:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 5:11:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Imperial cigar in Sugarland, Texas is pretty cool but I just buy them there I've never stopped and smoked.

Also I am in Helotes, Texas every once in a while and they have a finks cigar that looks cool.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 5:12:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Silver Leaf in Fort Worth, TX.

RIP Pop's Safari.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/14/2022 5:17:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Indianapolis Indiana: Rocky Patel Burn

https://www.burnbyrockypatel.com/indianapolis
View Quote

Also one in Naples, FL. Great place.

https://www.burnbyrockypatel.com/naples

Link Posted: 4/14/2022 5:21:35 PM EDT
[#27]
schlesingers steakhouse in new windsor new york, off the 84 and 87, good food good booze and great smokes. a little pricey on the good stuff but i like the place.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top