Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2023 1:18:58 PM EDT
I got a a Jeep Liberty as a cheap fun commuter for my now short commute. It had 3 year old mastercraft courser hsx ties that have about 95% tread. Has an A nhtsa testing. I’m feathering the gas in the rain and spinning out.

Only other time I experienced tire spin like this was almost full tread tires that were 15 years old. Online reviews of this tire are they are the best and they suck. Not helpful

Any suggestions? I wanted dura tracks but limited in my size 235/70/16

Link Posted: 5/10/2023 1:33:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I got a a Jeep Liberty as a cheap fun commuter for my now short commute. It had 3 year old mastercraft courser hsx ties that have about 95% tread. Has an A nhtsa testing. I’m feathering the gas in the rain and spinning out.

Only other time I experienced tire spin like this was almost full tread tires that were 15 years old. Online reviews of this tire are they are the best and they suck. Not helpful

View Quote

I'm getting four Continental Contact A/T/ tires put on my Tacoma tomorrow. I found a bunch of reviews and magazine articles that rated them highly. I've never used them before so I can't personally recommend them but they're what I chose. I drive mostly highway with weekend light to moderate 4-wheeling and that's supposed to be their sweet spot. 265/70 R16.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 1:38:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I really like my Toyo ATs.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 4:02:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Firestone Destination A/T is a good choice.

More info here.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 4:19:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I’m running Cooper discoverer SRX and they have been really good in rain not sure if they are AT enough for you

https://coopertire.com/en-us/find-tires/all-tires/discoverer-srxAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 4:19:58 PM EDT
[#5]
IMO go to tirerack.com punch in your tire size and look at the reviews. Each tire has a rating in 5-6 different areas.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 7:25:56 PM EDT
[#6]
BFG AT KO2 are great
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 8:27:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Duratrac. Not cheap, but probably the best . If you want to cut costs a bit and go a bit simpler, I had Cooper at3s for a while and they did great. They were deceiving good at everything. I wouldn't hesitate to grab another set. Actually, since my newfound commute is eating my mud tires, I may be doing that sooner rather than later.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 8:33:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
BFG AT KO2 are great
View Quote
Seconded.

On my 2nd set. Only got 6.5 years and 93,000 miles out of the last ones. Great tire.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 8:33:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Duratrac. Not cheap, but probably the best . If you want to cut costs a bit and go a bit simpler, I had Cooper at3s for a while and they did great. They were deceiving good at everything. I wouldn't hesitate to grab another set. Actually, since my newfound commute is eating my mud tires, I may be doing that sooner rather than later.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

They don't make them in the size he wants.

Quoted:
I wanted dura tracks but limited in my size 235/70/16
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 9:24:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Cooper AT3
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 1:13:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Michelin LTX M/S2

Yokohama Geolandar G015
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 1:39:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

They don't make them in the size he wants.

View Quote

Apparently I can't read.
Bfg a/t and Cooper at3 are my vote. I've had a couple sets of each and they've both done well in snow etc. For looking as mild as they do, the at3s are quite impressive and probably better than the BFGs.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:11:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Jeep Liberty?

Do they make a Crossclimate for your tire size?
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 8:57:02 PM EDT
[#14]
I hae had good luck with BFG KO2 tires and Falken Wildpeak AT tires on my Jeeps to include a 2002 Jeep Liberty. The Wildpeak AT's did better in heavy rain, snow and ice. But the KO2's weren't bad either.

I had a pair of Big O all terrain tires on my Jeep Liberty but I had to replace them at 30,000 miles since they just didn't last. The Big O AT tires are made by Cooper.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 9:07:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

This tire is on my F150.  The worst tire for rain and snow traction that I have ever driven on.  This winter I had to use 4wd in 1" of snow, the pickup wouldn't move at all...   Tagged for answers.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 9:36:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 10:38:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
IMO go to tirerack.com punch in your tire size and look at the reviews. Each tire has a rating in 5-6 different areas.
View Quote

^^^Truth
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 9:10:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Cooper AT3
View Quote

I have the 4S version and so far I really like it
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 9:29:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Nokian Rotiiva AT, I had them on my TJ and on snow & ice it was almost like driving on dry asphalt. If you’ve never driven a 2-door Jeep on snow & ice before, the smallest throttle input is likely to make the ass end swing out. Not with the Nokians. The only reason I’m not still running them is I went from 285/75-16 to 255/85-16 and they don’t make them in the latter.
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 9:37:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Nokian Rotiiva AT, I had them on my TJ and on snow & ice it was almost like driving on dry asphalt. If you’ve never driven a 2-door Jeep on snow & ice before, the smallest throttle input is likely to make the ass end swing out. Not with the Nokians. The only reason I’m not still running them is I went from 285/75-16 to 255/85-16 and they don’t make them in the latter.
View Quote

I've had these on my truck for the past couple years.  LT275/60/20 E rated.

Outstanding slick and wet road tires.  That's to be expected as Nokian is a top tier winter tire company.

The Rotiiva ATs have been discontinued and replaced by the Outpost AT.  I'll try those next year.
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 10:00:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Did 8 winters in Dakota territory with these tires and never felt I was underequipped in the snow. Good tires
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 5:12:32 PM EDT
[#22]
I use LT235/85R16 on my '97 k1500 and 255/70R18 on my '07 jeep. Both in Falken Wildpeak AT3W. Looking at the new Falken M/T now that I need new tire on the jeep.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top