User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 11:18:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Turn a garter snake lose in there
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 11:18:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd sell the truck.  I guarantee wires have been chewed. Truck is a lost cause. All the options of killing them while in truck just leaves the smell of rotting mice and old piss filled nests afterwards. Your cannot get rid of the smell unless you remove the source.
 Look for a another truck.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 11:20:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Yard/barn cats.  Leave the truck doors open.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 11:25:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Used to have an old Dodge farm truck that would set for a week or two. Was driving it one day and a mouse crawled across my foot I almost wrecked. I tied a trap to the 4x4 shifter and baited with peanut butter took a few days but I killed it.

The truck I have now I put Irish spring soap in it and don't see any signs of them but I had to clean a nest out from top of the motor before putting soap in.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 11:25:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I spread Bounce dryer sheets all over the engine compartment and interior of a barn-stored vehicle during the 6 months it's not driven. I haven't had mouse problems since, and it smells purty in the spring when I'm driving it again.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 11:29:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Used to have an old Dodge farm truck that would set for a week or two. Was driving it one day and a mouse crawled across my foot I almost wrecked. I tied a trap to the 4x4 shifter and baited with peanut butter took a few days but I killed it.

The truck I have now I put Irish spring soap in it and don't see any signs of them but I had to clean a nest out from top of the motor before putting soap in.
View Quote

When I was a kid I worked at a motel, the head of housekeeping had corvette that she freaking loved.

She totaled that thing on the way to work one day cause a mouse trap onto her foot while she was driving.

Imploded the car and got banged up pretty bad in the wreck and almost went over the guardrail into the river.

Not sure if mouse survived, probably
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 11:36:16 AM EDT
[#7]
My wife has her 66 Beetle convertible which is only driven on nice days (<6000 miles) in our barn we were told moth balls, they worked but the smell was terrible. Mechanic told us to try drier sheets they seem to be working and smell a lot better.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 11:39:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 11:43:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Mouse traps.
View Quote

This... Put one under

This winter has been the worst in 6 years that I have seen for mice.
I bought about 6 of those plastic Jawz traps from Menards...
They look like the pic below.
I've been baiting them with a bit of Peanut Butter and a really small bit of a Kit Cat Mini or a small Kibble of Dog food.
I've got 7 in the last two days.
Most of them in my garage.
I saw three on the work bench at one time a few few nights ago. I that said it, This is War and  I bought a bunch of these Jawz traps, a few of the Glue pads and some of those Green chews they chew on, or take back to the next.  I've not used them yet as I'm afraid they'll die in the wall and start stinking, even though they are supposed to prevent that.
I had trouble with both the old style Victor traps and the new style that is similar to these Jawz ones, but so far the Jaws Traps have been working pretty good...

Link Posted: 2/2/2021 11:50:22 AM EDT
[#10]
A $50 ozone generator will take care of the smell as well as any living thing inside the cab of your truck. Turn it on with doors closed, windows up, and vents circulating air. It will smell like a pool when you are done and hopefully the rodents have made their way out.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 12:01:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Try parking it at the bottom of a lake. Meece hate baths.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 12:08:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Dryer Sheets

I have placed them in the engine compartment, inside and stick them halfway into a vent or two. It's a good idea to put them inside to remind you to get them out of the engine compartment. It helped a lot for me. They apparently don't like the smell.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 12:12:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 12:15:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 12:15:49 PM EDT
[#15]
car cat
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 12:28:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 12:40:02 PM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 2/2/2021 12:49:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Mouse traps, don't use anything that kills them in the vehicle because they will stink, moth balls only work if you use so many the car will stink, there's a lot of repellents marketed as well just look them up on the net
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 1:02:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'd sell the truck.  I guarantee wires have been chewed. Truck is a lost cause. All the options of killing them while in truck just leaves the smell of rotting mice and old piss filled nests afterwards. Your cannot get rid of the smell unless you remove the source.
 Look for a another truck.
View Quote

I wouldn't recommend anything that drastic but, I've heard they really do like to chew wires so be aware of that.
Someone told me to spray all the wires with pepper spray (mace). Even on a newer car with no problems- to help prevent problems.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 1:15:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Leave the car running in the garage.
View Quote

That's mean.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 1:25:03 PM EDT
[#21]

It really is that simple. Put a couple in the car and a couple under the hood. Preventative actions. Clean the hell out of the truck and quit leaving dropped fries or other food between or under the seats. A few mothballs left on ground where it is parked. Drive it more often. Baited bucket traps outside.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 2:25:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Go to the drive in and get lots of beer and popcorn.
Feed popcorn to mice and when thirsty, give them
all the beer they can drink.  When they get out
of the car to piss, move the car.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 2:43:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 2:43:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Sell it.

You will not get the smell out short of stripping the interior to bare metal and painting it, and maybe not even then.   And never, if they've pissed all over wiring harnesses.

Some vehicles are prone to getting mice in them for various reasons and need mouse-proofed.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 2:53:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/117/814/are-you-wizard.jpg

Click To View Spoiler

Never meddle in the affairs of Wizards
For they are subtle and quick to anger.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 2:55:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/117/814/are-you-wizard.jpg

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 2/2/2021 2:57:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Then piss on the burned mice. You know, for dominance.

Seriously though, snap traps and peanut butter work on yankee mice.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/2/2021 3:00:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Take the vehicle to a drive-in theater. Buy the largest tub of popcorn they sell. Ask for extra butter, extra salt. Dump popcorn on the floor of the car. After the mice have had their fill, wait for them to head to the snack bar for a drink. When they’ve gone, move the car.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 3:00:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Truck cat
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 3:02:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 3:03:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Moth balls are the better option.

View Quote

They don''t work either, tried it.  I have trapped over 20 out of a sorento, nothing keeps them out.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top