Quoted:
From D to R: zero
From R to D: likely
View Quote

/thread
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:41:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Not happening.

I've written both Cornyn and Cruz, letting them both know that they will no longer get my vote. And I mean it.

As far as I'm concerned, the national Republican party is dead to me. I will continue to vote for state and local Republicans only because Texas must remain red in order to secede. Aside from that, they've lost me for good.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:42:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Can you even tell me the difference between the 2 parties anymore?
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:43:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep.  The Rs are poison right now.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:43:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Lol. We are screwed
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:44:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Lol. We are screwed
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:44:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Does it matter anymore?
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:44:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Does it matter anymore?
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:46:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

/thread
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/thread

I could see several RINOs make it official.
Lindsey, if he figures SC is done with him. Line up his lobbying gig for retirement, make some coin.
Mittens, if Joe will hire him for something.
Portman.
Toomey, if he wan't retiring, but he may finish 2 years 'in the majority'.

RINOs in Red and Swing States will quickly figure out with MAGA voters on the sidelines in ANY numbers, they're fucked. Add in permanent-majorities for the Dems  with DC and PR, why stay? They don't believe in any of that 'freedom' shit anyway - that's just for the rubes. Better cocktail parties, too. Friendly press. BONUS: You're no longer a racist!!
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:46:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Manchin has much more power as the 50th Democrat vote in the Senate.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:47:16 PM EDT
[#13]
There would be little to gain by doing so unless they don't plan to run again.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:47:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Not happening.

I've written both Cornyn and Cruz, letting them both know that they will no longer get my vote. And I mean it.

As far as I'm concerned, the national Republican party is dead to me. I will continue to vote for state and local Republicans only because Texas must remain red in order to secede. Aside from that, they've lost me for good.
View Quote

Cruz really fucked up.

He could have stoop up, made a speech like Gaetz did, say something like "while I don't condone the action of those who went into the capital after decades of being marginalized, not listed too, etc..etc..and routinely insulted by so called democrat representatives and even sometimes republicans, it is understandable."

He would have scooped up Trump voters and appealed to many of the sissy Republican voters who still don't get it.

Ted really fucked up a golden opportunity that was handed to him on a damn platter.

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:48:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Specter went that route and the Dems screwed him out of his committee seats.  He complained that he had seniority and the Dems told him his seniority started over when he switched.  Romney could probably pull it off since he’s already been blackballed.  Even with Trump gone, I don’t think McConnell and other RINOs cared for  a just elected senator leading an unpopular impeachment attempt against a president in the same party, so he could possibly switch.  Wouldn’t matter either way at this point because they already have the majority and Romney votes with them to begin with.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:48:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Cruz really fucked up.

He could have stoop up, made a speech like Gaetz did, say something like "while I don't condone the action of those who went into the capital after decades of being marginalized, not listed too, etc..etc..and routinely insulted by so called democrat representatives and even sometimes republicans, it is understandable."

He would have scooped up Trump voters and appealed to many of the sissy Republican voters who still don't get it.

Ted really fucked up a golden opportunity that was handed to him on a damn platter.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not happening.

Cruz really fucked up.

Yeah, he flopped back to "meek 2016 Ted Cruz" real quick once it actually mattered
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:50:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Cruz really fucked up.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not happening.

Cruz really fucked up.

Correct analysis. Cruz volunteering to argue Texas v PA at SCOTUS had him ascendent, plus the objection, MAGA would have embraced him. But he had to piss it away.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:51:20 PM EDT
[#18]
OP, come here.

A little closer.

Little closer.

IT DOESN’T FUCKING MATTER, THEY’RE ALL CORRUPT ASSHOLES
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:54:31 PM EDT
[#19]
They do it all the time, depending on which side benefits them most. They just don't bother changing their letter.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:55:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
OP, come here.

A little closer.

Little closer.

IT DOESN’T FUCKING MATTER, THEY’RE ALL CORRUPT ASSHOLES
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 4:57:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Romney, Murkowski, and Collins will switch parties for a better parking spot.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 5:09:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Kharn
View Quote

Correct.  Exhibit A: Collins. And Exhibit B: Murkowski.  They have several “R” that will go along with the “D” as well if it suits them.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 5:11:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Manchin has much more power as the 50th Democrat vote in the Senate.
View Quote

He and the other "moderates" are going to be the most powerful people this term.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 5:11:27 PM EDT
[#24]
No chance.
There is only one party: Fucking global communists
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 5:11:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Irrelevant.  They're the same party, always have been.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 5:12:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

You misspelled "it's the same picture."
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 5:13:44 PM EDT
[#27]
I couldn’t find a reference, but I’m pretty sure Al Gore was elected as a Republican and later switched to the Democratic party but I could be wrong.

So, it happens.

Why on earth Mitt Romney still calls himself a Republican escapes me.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 5:14:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Cruz really fucked up.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not happening.

Cruz really fucked up.

bUt CrUz Is A rEaL rEpUbLiCaN
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 5:17:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Manchin is up for re-election in 2024.  He would have lost his 2018 election if it wasn't for a viable Libertarian candidate who got over 4% of the vote.  He's in an interesting spot.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 6:25:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Kharn
View Quote

With those 3 in office, the dems don't even need Cameltoe to break ties.

It's 53-47 from now on.

She can do whatever she does best, whatever that actually is.

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 6:31:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 6:32:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Romney and Murkowski will whine about it for leverage (and because they're just weasels at heart) but know they're reelection chances are very slim as Dems in those states. They'll stay out.

Collins just got re-elected but is a possibility, she could win her state as a Dem. I'd say 10% chance in the next two years.

Manchin has four years left but also must know he would easily be re-elected if he stabs the Dems in the back. My guess is he would only jump if the Dems lean on him too hard to pass overly progressive garbage. 5% chance.

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 6:35:04 PM EDT
[#33]
I sure as hell hope not but most of the senators seem to be cowards. Would not suprise me if people keep harassing them even if it is deserved
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 6:40:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Graham will go with whichever side will give him the best protection detail.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 6:41:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
FPNI
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 6:44:11 PM EDT
[#36]
mittens, likely
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 6:53:10 PM EDT
[#37]
I think I heard in the news that Josh Hawley is standing firm on his position that he objected to the election being fair? Is that true?
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 7:51:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Cruz really fucked up.

View Quote

I still can't believe people kept telling me that I was wrong about Cruz, that he's really our guy, that he's got trump's back and ours.  Sure, he has it, ready with that knife in his hand.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 7:52:48 PM EDT
[#39]
My bet is 1-2 Rs (maybe more) will switch parties.

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 8:22:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Lisa Murkowski just announced she is considering it. Claimed current Republican Party isn't representative of her values.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 8:49:22 PM EDT
[#41]
That old bitch has the morals of a back room whore. They should stick her on an ice flow and shove her ass out to sea.
I'm amazed that you guys still think there are 2 parties.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 8:58:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Lisa Murkowski just announced she is considering it. Claimed current Republican Party isn't representative of her values.
View Quote

the real problem is, the republican party is EXACTLY a representative of her views. statist cunts, just like the democrat communists.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 9:00:55 PM EDT
[#43]
At least everyone could get on the right side of the line. Pick a fucking team already!
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 9:02:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 9:05:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Manchin is up for re-election in 2024.  He would have lost his 2018 election if it wasn't for a viable Libertarian candidate who got over 4% of the vote.  He's in an interesting spot.
View Quote

No such thing.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 9:06:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Matters not, it looks like Congress was bought out a long time ago.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 9:14:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I couldn’t find a reference, but I’m pretty sure Al Gore was elected as a Republican and later switched to the Democratic party but I could be wrong.

So, it happens.

Why on earth Mitt Romney still calls himself a Republican escapes me.
View Quote

Al Gore was never a Republican.  He was from a prominent Dem family - in fact, his father was one of the worst Communist shitbags ever elected to the Senate.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 9:18:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Why switch when you can be a Rhino and have it both ways.

Cruz voted for the investigation.  After that got ass fucked, I don't really blame himself for trying to put a plate carrier over his ass to minimize the tender loving coming his way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top