Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2019 2:23:49 PM EDT
Uncomfortable and dissuades me from using it.  I switched the one it came with with one from a bicycle that I no longer have, but that one is worse and I don't know where I put the one it came with.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 2:26:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 2:34:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 2:35:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
First post “nailed” it?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Everytime...
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 5:03:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine is a Recumbent (or however spelled), so it looks like a big ass tractor seat.

When I use it, its fairly comfortable, but that is so rare that it is in no danger of wearing out, EVER!!!!
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 6:19:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Mine is a Recumbent (or however spelled), so it looks like a big ass tractor seat.
View Quote
as is mine. I use it every day. An added benefit is that it works your abs as well as your legs.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 12:14:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
as is mine. I use it every day. An added benefit is that it works your abs as well as your legs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I need to start, but honestly, I'm just such a lazy ass...  I usually get home about 5:15-5:30ish,  eat something for dinner about 6-6:30ish and during the winter, watch tv till bedtime.  In spring, summer and fall, I'm outdoors much more.  Going on ATV or SxS rides, shooting, camping etc...

Even then, I'm still a lazy ass and don't use it.  

How far do you usually ride in a session?
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 12:20:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I just put my mountain bike (I can't ride anymore, due to balance issues) on a trainer stand. So the seat is the seat that came with the bike.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 12:48:36 PM EDT
[#10]
If you ride the trainer in an upright position, a saddle like this is needed.  It is very comfortable.  Its design has evolved over the decades to for this purpose.  It is intended for upright riding.  Usually the nose is tipped slightly upward above horizontal, rather than flat like a racing saddle.

It is a Brooks B67.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 9:20:46 PM EDT
[#11]
depending on the seat design.. you may find rowing machine cushion might help
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 10:16:09 AM EDT
[#12]
I am pre diabetic and retired so I have the time and motivation. I ride it an hour a day 6 days a week, says I burn 400 or so calories each time. It is the cardio I am going for. Good luck on your efforts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top