Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 9:51:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Yep. The draft is coming. You would have to be completely delusional to believe the government would simply let every single branch fade away from existence. But, before the draft, I expect we will see some things before it happens in a last-ditch attempt to avoid the draft.

How to avoid the draft?

In all honestly the only people in this country that can prevent the draft from happening are the school faculty members. They need to push the CEP, they need to push the lists, they need to allow recruiters to give presentations and interact with students. Most importantly, schools, and parents, need to stop bad-mouthing the military or the draft will be coming for their children.  
View Quote

Dude, where do ya'll get this shit?   I did an assignment with selective service.  You have no goddamned clue what you're talking about.

Also the DoD may need to consider paying more than McDonalds, but I honestly think they would draft before paying that much.
View Quote

This is how I really know you don't know what you're talking about.  A junior member of the E4 mafia makes the equivalent (when you include tax breaks and free medical) of about $50K, in a job with a 4 day weekend every month in addition to the 30 days vacation, unlimited sick leave, and just about no-questions-asked 30% VA disability after a few years service if your job consisted mainly of fucking off.  The pay/bennies are NOT the issue.  The issue is the average 18-20 year old doesn't want to be told to stop fucking off all day by some 30 year old geezer.

The selective service will only happen if the a significant portion of the military gets turned into radioactive debris, and if that happens, you will have way bigger problems to think about than how to stop it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 9:52:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Dare ya to draft ME!
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 9:52:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Drafting people older than 50 would be kinda pointless really. You'd have all sorts of discipline issues, and it would bleed into the younger ranks.
Older people are set in their ways, they aren't going to charge into a machine gun nest just because you tell them to.
View Quote

Do I get my cart?  Yes/No
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 9:52:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Meh arthrosis of the subtalor joint with no ability to roll my foot in and out.

Though with what I do for the goobermint already I wouldn't be surprised if they waive it and send my ass out doing what I already do lol.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 9:53:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Will never happen.
View Quote

Even if it did, all Boomers are automatically exempt  … unless maybe they want to volunteer for service in Special Forces.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 9:54:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm 66, used to be 6'2" and weigh 170. Arthritis and some nerve damage. I could probably do some pretty useful things if pressed into service, if they could convince me that whatever war they concoct isn't the first fake war based on lies since the founding of this country. That last bit is a tall order.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 9:54:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Dude, where do ya'll get this shit?   I did an assignment with selective service.  You have no goddamned clue what you're talking about.

This is how I really know you don't know what you're talking about.  A junior member of the E4 mafia makes the equivalent (when you include tax breaks and free medical) of about $50K, in a job with a 4 day weekend every month in addition to the 30 days vacation, unlimited sick leave, and just about no-questions-asked 30% VA disability after a few years service if your job consisted mainly of fucking off.  The pay/bennies are NOT the issue.  The issue is the average 18-20 year old doesn't want to be told to stop fucking off all day by some 30 year old geezer.

The selective service will only happen if the a significant portion of the military gets turned into radioactive debris, and if that happens, you will have way bigger problems to think about than how to stop it.
View Quote

Not to mention free housing, food, and medical. The military actually pays people better than 90% of the jobs that would hire them at 18 years old.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 9:55:01 PM EDT
[#8]
MRD 07/08/2024 what me worry…….. back door draft of Stop Loss…
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 9:55:41 PM EDT
[#9]
My oldest son is not that far from .mil age.

He is in fantastic shape (another triathlon on this week) and knows how to fight (BJJ & wrestling for several years, crack shot with his 15-22 and shoots my .223 AR's just fine). Top 10% in standardized tests across all subjects. I've raised him to love this country and taught him about the founding fathers and the Constitution since he could read. He is a proud American, and the hardest working kid I've ever seen. I know he'll be a great leader some day. The kid says he wants to be a SEAL when he grows up. I used to think I'd be so proud of him if he went that way.

After the Afghanistan pull out disaster and becoming 100% disillusioned about how fucking stupid the leadership is in this country is, I dont think I could stomach him going to fight in some bullshit pointless war. I almost think I should have raised him to to be a commie ANTIFA LGBTQ or whatever if that is what the result would be.

Link Posted: 10/25/2023 9:56:55 PM EDT
[#10]
the la raza minority majority parties will negotiate w congress to have their party members registered to la raza party vote to be excluded in texas, arizona, california, south daktoka, and nevada
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 9:57:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
MRD 07/08/2024 what me worry…….. back door draft of Stop Loss…
View Quote

I would imagine they would start by recalling any veteran without a 20 year retirement. That would hardly impact John Q Voter's daily life aside from him posting a few supportive hashtags for veterans and then completely forgetting about them again.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 9:58:59 PM EDT
[#12]
People here who don't think it will happen need to go read that Army war college paper talking about 3,600 casualties a day and needing 800 new people a day.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 9:59:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I wouldn't be shocked to see them push for something like mandatory military service after HS, with a bunch of carve-outs to make sure the people they want to protect are excluded.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
the draft will happen, but not be limited by the ways you describe.

dod will be a 2/3s non volunteer service by 2040.

I wouldn't be shocked to see them push for something like mandatory military service after HS, with a bunch of carve-outs to make sure the people they want to protect are excluded.
already in the works for 35 and 17 series. score x on asvab and cyber placement tests congrats youve been drafted
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 10:00:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 10:00:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
People here who don't think it will happen need to go read that Army war college paper talking about 3,600 casualties a day and needing 800 new people a day.
View Quote

War College paper vs. Millions of pissed off taxpayers/parents.  Hmmm.  Ima gonna hafta think about that for a moment.

Your moment's up.  Paper loses.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 10:01:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Will never happen.
View Quote

One thing I've learned in life is never say never. Trust me on that. I've eaten my words on numerous occasions.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 10:03:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

This.  No one will show up.

Nationalism is dead.  Wars are for boomers.
View Quote

It's not dead, just a lot of people that would have signed up, don't want to now that the military is woke, the commander in chief is an idiot.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 10:03:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
What is the age cutoff for a draft?
View Quote
87 years old of course
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 10:04:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

We aren't Russia.

Americans still have a conscience even during combat in my experience. We can't stomach some of the worst parts of war, the body parts of children stacked like firewood, the bodies of executed women with their legs stuck spread-eagle by rigor-mortis. That's why so many come back messed up, it's something we don't see here, and we aren't conditioned to it. It was something the taliban used against us, they knew we didn't like hearing children in pain so they would injure some to draw us in for an ambush.

To get American military officers to execute old conscripts for not charging into mustard gas would require a big rewiring.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
they will when they consider the alternative.

We aren't Russia.

Americans still have a conscience even during combat in my experience. We can't stomach some of the worst parts of war, the body parts of children stacked like firewood, the bodies of executed women with their legs stuck spread-eagle by rigor-mortis. That's why so many come back messed up, it's something we don't see here, and we aren't conditioned to it. It was something the taliban used against us, they knew we didn't like hearing children in pain so they would injure some to draw us in for an ambush.

To get American military officers to execute old conscripts for not charging into mustard gas would require a big rewiring.

After a few times… no one cares…”I have watch, sleep, then we switch.”
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 10:10:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

After a few times… no one cares…”I have watch, sleep, then we switch.”
View Quote

I don't know man. I watched grizzled senior enlisted break down and cry about the things we had to see on my second deployment.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 10:12:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Yes, I want my kids drafted to go fight and die for some illegitimate kiddy diddling evil motherfuckers in Washington DC. Fuck that bullshit. The draft resistance will be unlike anything ever seen in our history and rightfully so. How anyone would hand their sons over to these sons of bitches after what’s happened over the last 3 years is beyond me. It’s really saying something when right wing patriotic Americans, often veterans themselves, no longer have faith that the US govt isn’t just going to use their kids as cannon fodder for purposes that are not related to the existential survival of this country. It’s all a joke now and I predict that many aren’t going to participate in this bullshit.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 10:12:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Yep. The draft is coming. You would have to be completely delusional to believe the government would simply let every single branch fade away from existence. But, before the draft, I expect we will see some things before it happens in a last-ditch attempt to avoid the draft.

We all know how we got here, PC bullshit and politicians that have failed to employ our war machine with any sort of efficiency beyond their own personal interest.

What to expect before the draft actually happens:

Mandatory MHS Genesis reporting
Not all medical providers are currently enrolled. This system allows the government to see your entire medical history and pre-screen you for military service. As of March 2022 this system became the first step going to MEPS, you get pre-screened before you even go. The system has the ability to simply pre-screen everyone without submitting the documents MEPS requires for prescreening an applicant. Not only will this give the government the ability to see how fucked they are, it will become the "step 1" for initiating the draft. no longer will they simply pull birthdays.

Leniency for various medical conditions and prescriptions
Now that everyone will (maybe) be aware o the new system in place, they will get their children prescribed a medication that will get them banned from service. The DoD will roll out new exceptions to policy that are job-specific. Since the implementation of the new MHS Genesis screening last year, there have already been massive changes to policy, including automatic "pre-approvals" for certain medical conditions and you still swear in, you just have to do the already in-place place process to get the waiver after the fact.

Cracking down on prescriptions for kids
The government will nearly simultaneously crack down on prescriptions for youth. enough said there. Along with that, expect the government to secure medication supplies

Enforcing School Access for Recruiters
there are already laws in place that tie school funding to recruiters having access to the student body. they are largely in part not enforced. I would argue that school faculty have played a large roll in the current recruitment issue through various means of denying recruiters access to students. This will also include standardizing the process for student contact information being delivered to recruiters, likely through a website vs what they do now. There are a lot of ways schools make it difficult for recruiters to get lists, but right now the recruiter for each branch has to find the person in the school that makes the list and practically beg them for it (not all of them, but enough of them, and they're often incomplete). Along with this will come more swift consequences than the current process which is long and slow.

Mandatory CEP
The Career Exploration Program will become mandatory. This is the school ASVAB for those unfamiliar, but it also does help with seeing where people are good fits for certain types of jobs. There are currently a slew of categories you can sign up for in terms of what info goes to the "the system," but soon there will be only one option... all your info goes to the system. It would not be unreasonable to expect there be monetary incentives for schools to score high; with the potential for specific individuals with high scores to be offered a direct bonus for specific jobs in specific services. Will the SAT and ACT become irrelevant?

How to avoid the draft?

In all honestly the only people in this country that can prevent the draft from happening are the school faculty members. They need to push the CEP, they need to push the lists, they need to allow recruiters to give presentations and interact with students. Most importantly, schools, and parents, need to stop bad-mouthing the military or the draft will be coming for their children.

Also the DoD may need to consider paying more than McDonalds, but I honestly think they would draft before paying that much.
View Quote

What is the point of mandatory genesis reporting if we are going to do increased medical leniency.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 10:12:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Mandatory MHS Genesis reporting
Not all medical providers are currently enrolled. This system allows the government to see your entire medical history and pre-screen you for military service.
View Quote

The government can't read a list as long as my orthopedic surgeries alone, good luck!
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 10:13:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Yes, I want my kids drafted to go fight and die for some illegitimate kiddy diddling evil motherfuckers in Washington DC. Fuck that bullshit. The draft resistance will be unlike anything ever seen in our history and rightfully so. How anyone would hand their sons over to these sons of bitches after what's happened over the last 3 years is beyond me. It's really saying something when right wing patriotic Americans, often veterans themselves, no longer have faith that the US govt isn't just going to use their kids as cannon fodder for purposes that are not related to the existential survival of this country. It's all a joke now and I predict that many aren't going to participate in this bullshit.
View Quote
50%+ of your fellow mericans went along with the fake plague and 80% got the jabby jab jab.

expect similar compliance rates when the draft for WWIII kicks off.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 10:16:42 PM EDT
[#25]
I have the grey beard exclusion
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 10:17:23 PM EDT
[#26]
1.  The draft is for both sexes.

2.  No conscientious objector status..they a work in a hospital or something.

3.  Anyone who hasn't served in the military between 18-60 will do two years national service.  There will be NO excuses from service.  They may just answer phones, or pick up dog shit at the animal shelter, but they will do 2 years national service.  Even Senators or Secretary of a national department from the president will serve..they can do 2 years national service as Secretary of defense, at the same pay as the guy who picks up dog shit at the animal shelter.
NO ONE avoids some kind of national service unless they are under 18 or over 60.  We will find something for you to do.

4.  Anyone who serves in the military and receives an honorable discharge can automatically receive US citizenship if they desire..no testing or anything other than stating that they wish to receive US citizenship.

5.  National service is different than military service.  Military service gets standard military pay, those who opt for national service receive 75% of military pay, and they do NOT automatically get citizenship after completing their national service.

But I'm not king and no one gives a shit what I think would be good.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 10:18:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Before the draft begins expect an event that will stir great patriotism among young and old motivating the young to join and their parents to support sending them into the grinder.  If it doesn't happen organically the deep state will create it.
View Quote
Bug attack on Rio?
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 10:19:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Lolz, there would be mass noncompliance if a draft was enforced. The country has finally recognized that our politicians care very little about the soldiers they send to bleed on foreign soil for their pet projects. I know I certainly won't be responding to any draft notice.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 10:20:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
lol

Holy shit this thread is dumb
View Quote

I expect a more reasoned response from you, like making a cogent argument why a draft will never happen, not a drive-by insult.

For extra fun, assume two carrier groups are on the bottom of an ocean, multiple US military bases have been hit with tactical nukes, infiltrators have knocked out power and water to major cities here at home and 150,000 Chinese and Iranian soldiers are massing south of the border.

It not only could happen, it could easily happen.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 10:21:43 PM EDT
[#30]

Y'all are dropping acid.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 10:23:08 PM EDT
[#31]
There won't  be a draft in the next 20 years.
The numbers are no where as low as during the post Vietnam "hollow Army" and we did not reconstitute the draft then.  At one time my 20 man tank platoon had 9 men, including me.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 10:24:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
50%+ of your fellow mericans went along with the fake plague and 80% got the jabby jab jab.

expect similar compliance rates when the draft for WWIII kicks off.
View Quote

over 80 million people voted for that kiddy diddler too, according to the "experts".
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 10:24:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 10:25:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

over 80 million people voted for that kiddy diddler too, according to the "experts".
View Quote
calling it now for 2024:

52 states, 400 million votes.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 10:26:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

lol x2
View Quote
lol2

Link Posted: 10/25/2023 10:26:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
calling it now for 2024:

52 states, 400 million votes.
View Quote

Those are rookie numbers.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 10:26:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Want to avoid being drafted, Simple, Join beforehand.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 10:26:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Those are rookie numbers.
View Quote
gottapumpthosenumbersup.gif.jpeg
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 10:27:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

lol x2
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol

Holy shit this thread is dumb

I expect a more reasoned response from you, like making a cogent argument why a draft will never happen, not a drive-by insult.

For extra fun, assume two carrier groups are on the bottom of an ocean, multiple US military bases have been hit with tactical nukes, infiltrators have knocked out power and water to major cities here at home and 150,000 Chinese and Iranian soldiers are massing south of the border.

It not only could happen, it could easily happen.

lol x2

Convincing argument.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 10:30:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Pink and blue hair, women who think they're men or men who think they're women, people who identify as animals to go 1st.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 10:32:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
What is the age cutoff for a draft?
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/25/2023 10:32:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

lol x2
View Quote

If you had told me back in 2013 that people would forcibly be locked in their houses, have their businesses shuttered, forced to wear panties on their face when shopping for groceries and arrested for walking their dogs and no one would revolt or even do anything about it I would have given this same response.

You can't assume anything in clown world.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 10:34:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

If you had told me in 2013 that people would forcibly be locked in their houses, have their businesses shuttered, forced to wear panties on their face when shopping for groceries and arrested for walking their dogs and no one would revolt or even do anything about it I would have given this same response.

You can't assume anything in clown world.
View Quote
bruh.

i didn't wear no panties on my haid but i did rock a shemagh in public.

scared the piss out of the goddamn civilians.

Link Posted: 10/25/2023 10:42:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 10:43:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Welcome fellow firearms enthusiast.

And how long do we have before said draft is implemented?

96 hours maybe?
View Quote

Negative sir, that's the timeline for the space laser activation.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 10:44:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Welcome fellow firearms enthusiast.

And how long do we have before said draft is implemented?

96 hours maybe?
View Quote
iunderstoodthatreference.gif.jpeg
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 10:44:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 10:50:08 PM EDT
[#48]
The gov can't afford to fight a war at home and abroad.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 10:51:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

They need to try recruiting more trannies and homosexuals. And think about demonizing straight white men some more. I think their current strategy is a winning one, they just need to double down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not a mathematician, but when the Army is missing it's recruiting goals by 25%, they can only pull so many tricks out of their hat to increase retention and stop the bleed. Stoploss might buy them some time, but unless they can get the recruitment up, it will still fail.

They need to try recruiting more trannies and homosexuals. And think about demonizing straight white men some more. I think their current strategy is a winning one, they just need to double down.

Send the women, fags and trannies to fight, die and get gang-raped for globohomo.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 10:57:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top