Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/26/2024 1:08:30 PM EDT
My two cents.  We'd already be there if not for social security.  Everyone wanting their welfare money back from the ponzi scheme is the only reason they still pay federal taxes and accept federal authority.

I think if social security collapses nation divorce will happen almost overnight .the country is so ideologically divided there is zero chance at this point we can all agree on a central power structure  if there's no national retirement plan the whole thing falls apart

What do you think holds this country together?
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 1:09:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheRX7Project] [#1]
The Emancipation Proclamation.

What holds this country together? I don't even know. Tolerance? I think too many people are too comfortable (myself included) to "divorce" as a nation.

Until/unless things get to the point where pretty much everything is 3rd worldish, I don't see it happening. Even then, it may not.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 1:11:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Fear of the unknown. I also agree that politics are so polarized I don't see how it can continue. Yeah sure you have your moderates that exist. But they aren't being elected.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 1:12:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I wonder how the military would get divided up.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 1:12:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I am actually curious to to what happens if somehow Trump gets sentenced to prison in a few weeks.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 1:14:50 PM EDT
[#5]
There is no logical way to "divorce" the different sides. Doing it between states doesn't make any sense and when you factor in national infrastructure and military facilities/strategic assets and the interconnectivity of our economies it makes even less sense.

People who constantly bring up "unreconcilable differences" between political ideologies in the U.S. ought to spend more time on focusing on compromising and figuring out how to make things work as it's far realistic than throwing in the towel and destroying the wellbeing of the whole country in no logical way.

Things aren't even that bad, FFS, we bounced back from a REAL civil war.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 1:15:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By victorgonzales:
View Quote

Luxury

Video games

Junk food

We're a fat, lazy, stupid country full of people that gladly traded our freedom for a few bucks a couple years ago.

We dont give a fuck if 66 million babies are slaughtered in front of us

We dont give a fuck if an unelected communist regime full of chinese puppets steak control of the government

We dont give a fuck if our food and water is poison

Why, in the world, would you think that "we" would resist ANYTHING that was done to us?
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 1:19:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bobsters06:
There is no logical way to "divorce" the different sides. Doing it between states doesn't make any sense and when you factor in national infrastructure and military facilities/strategic assets and the interconnectivity of our economies it makes even less sense.

People who constantly bring up "unreconcilable differences" between political ideologies in the U.S. ought to spend more time on focusing on compromising and figuring out how to make things work as it's far realistic than throwing in the towel and destroying the wellbeing of the whole country in no logical way.

View Quote
I agree but I also think if the nations finances finally collapse and social security with it most will see zero value in paying federal taxes at all.  The military isn't enough.  

Maybe people will just vote to dismantle the federal government to it's original size and repeal  the taxes?     All I know is if they can't fully fund that program and keep it in pace with inflation everyone but the die hard communists are going to look at their tax bill every year and get really fucking angry.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 1:20:01 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote

Every single thing is this post is wrong.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 1:20:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't think most people harbor a hard and fast "ideology."

I think the masses just want to carry on with life with as little strife or difficulty as possible.

If they can order a delivered pizza and buy lottery tickets, they are content. They aren't interested in a "national divorce," or much of anything of a political bent.

Now, cut off this supply of bountiful food, and the taken for granted luxuries like electricity and clean water, that could change. I don't believe social security would be a catalyst for separating the nation.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 1:22:31 PM EDT
[#10]
We keep getting closer to an economic collapse, a nuclear exchange, and a tipping point in our mass immigration invasion.  I have wanted a new Texas republic most of my life, but I don't know if anything will move most people to take action.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 1:23:00 PM EDT
[#11]
From what little I know about it, I think the Spanish Civil war (late '30s) is probably the most likely template.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 1:23:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By taliv:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By taliv:

Link Posted: 8/26/2024 1:23:36 PM EDT
[#13]
If SS collapses Dominican Republic will look awfully good to a lot of seniors with limited retirement funds. I'll be one of them.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 1:27:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Cannon fire at Fort Sumter.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 1:28:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jerrwhy01] [#15]
Nothing, there will be no divorce.

People won’t even motivate right now to prevent their own children from getting their sexual organs cut off. If protecting one’s children won’t motivate someone then I’m not really sure what will at this point.

Link Posted: 8/26/2024 1:29:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By KonamiCode:
View Quote

I suspect it would resemble the breakup of the USSR and Czechoslovakia.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 1:34:07 PM EDT
[#17]
I hate to say this, but Sherman went scorched earth the last time we tried. The Powers that be will not allow it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 1:49:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By couchlord:
From what little I know about it, I think the Spanish Civil war (late '30s) is probably the most likely template.
View Quote

A better template would be the Czech Republic and Slovakia (the former Czechoslovakia). Their divorce was peaceful and civil and neighborly.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 1:54:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaerMorhenResident] [#19]
The single currency.

That's what holds this nation together, the U.S. dollar.  

If the U.S. dollar collapsed, this country would break apart quickly.  So long as the U.S. dollar is stronge relative to other world currencies, the USA will not split in a civil war or in an act of states seceding from the Union.

We may have a revolution for other reasons, we very likeliy will experience increasing civil disorder and disfunction resulting in an anarcho tyrannical state, but a more "orderly" break away of the states will not happen no matter what so long as the U.S. dollar is still "relatively" (key word here) strong.

We have no unifying traits whatsoever beyond the U.S. dollars. Nothing else holds us together now as a people, it's the dollar and the dollar alone keeping the USA together.

What's going to happen is increasingly civil disorder and disfunction that will result in more centralization of power bringing about an anachro tyrannical state with increasingly less wealth and power overseas until eventually the dollar does collapse at which point it will be like the Titanic with everyone seeking a lifeboat away from the mother ship.  When that happens you'll see states secede and inevitably conflict as that great schism happens.  In the wake of that even the smaller and less powerful factions will be consumed by foreign powers, which themselves will have drastically changed during that period.  

Everyone kind of takes for granted the map of the wolrd today, the borders of nations on the globe, but if history has proven anything it is that those borders are always changing.  Nations come and go.  Our Republic will not be any different and I believe when history reflects on why it vanished from this earth it will conclude the primary reason was universal suffrage.  Universal suffrage was a noble idea, but not a practical one. Something given has no value and will be traded away quickly for things that are perceived to have value.  In other words, people will trade their vote and the democracy that comes with it for the promise of material wealth, greater security, or greater comfort.  

I give the USA 100 years more before the U.S. dollar has a serious crisis and collapses.  In the interim we will be in rapid decline and I expect in a state of anarcho tyranny within twenty years.

Link Posted: 8/26/2024 1:57:22 PM EDT
[#20]
The only way a national divorce will happen is if the wealth of a significant number of extremely wealthy Americans is threatened.  That's not likely in our lifetimes.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 1:58:40 PM EDT
[#21]

Originally Posted By victorgonzales:

View Quote

The adults in the room
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 2:09:24 PM EDT
[#22]
There will be an event that triggers it. It may be something stupid, done by someone stupid, where the decision is to either “speak now or forever hold your piece.” Or it may be something noble and so egregiously blatant that everyone with a soul can happily assemble around it.

I think it’s a toss-up what comes first, Violence or economic upheaval. One will definitely lead to the other, which will feed more of both.

If something disrupts our economy, it’s only a few meals until things get sporty, and then the economy gets worse as no one wants to work and deliver goods in a war zone, and the violence gets worse as supplies get scarce and Law and order break down.

If violence occurs, well, no one wants to work and deliver goods in a war zone and the economy tanks, and see above.

Could be anything. States refusing to accept the outcome of an election. States refusing to accept laws by a federal government that they don’t believe represents them. Spreading violence like a more grievous version of the 2020 Fiery But Mostly Peaceful Protests. Terrorist attacks by Chinese/Muslim/Hispanic sleeper cells. An economic downturn from violence abroad. A currency collapse brought on by bad fiscal policy.

It could be anything, but it all ends up in the same feedback loop.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 2:12:25 PM EDT
[#23]
We're already in the preliminary proceedings.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 2:12:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Kraquine:

The adults in the room
View Quote
And who are those "adults" in your mind?

Link Posted: 8/26/2024 2:16:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Like a man who stays in an unhappy marriage, fear of losing at least half his wealth and having to move out and start all over again.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 2:18:53 PM EDT
[#26]
There is no realistic scenario where two separate nations emerge from the current U.S. in any reasonably intact form. Our irreconcilable ideological differences are not geographically dispersed to the degree that you can say, this region is Conservica and this one Libertardia. Our current divide is mainly populations centers vs. everyone else. The only way one ideology triumphs over another is when one side kills enough of the other side that they're no longer relevant. Commies have done it time after time. I'm sure there have been examples where the ones fighting the commies have done the same but none comes to mind as I'm writing this.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 2:20:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RUM] [#27]
Stupidity on the part of either side believing that a fractured UNITED States could withstand the onslaught of China/Russia/EU getting involved.

Personally I don’t know who I would be more worried about; I have zero doubt that the Left Cost wouldn’t hesitate to invite China over. On the other hand I’m sure many here in GD would love to have some support from the bastion of traditional values… Russia.

Either way I would expect to get fucked by any group of high functioning retards that thinks splitting the country up would be a good  idea.

Any fantasy dick beating on this subject selfishly leaves out the above certainties.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 2:24:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By BikerNut:

A better template would be the Czech Republic and Slovakia (the former Czechoslovakia). Their divorce was peaceful and civil and neighborly.
View All Quotes

They weren’t a global powerhouse with vast resources ripe for the picking.

There is no good outcome of this.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 2:27:05 PM EDT
[#29]

The fact that every state in the union is so financially dependent on the federal government that they are controlled/manipulated by same. Not one state will dare bite the hand that feeds them.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 2:27:40 PM EDT
[#30]
I just think it will be a regional balkanization of some sort.  Different regions holding different values and cultures and laws, but still part of the larger union.  It will get dicey if one region starts expanding into another region.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 2:30:13 PM EDT
[#31]
No one remembers when the Soviet Union broke up? People have suggested the Spanish Civil War and Czechoslovakia, but nobody said anything about the USSR?
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 2:31:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Nothing. Show me a state with leaders willing to do it and a populace in support of it. None exists. Objectively, Texas should have been a rogue state years ago. They won't do it. DeSantis won't do it in Florida. Nobody will do it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 2:33:00 PM EDT
[#33]
I don't see it happening.  How would we divvy up the assets?  With a marriage divorce you have a house, cars, bank accounts, etc.  It's just math.

With a country, what to do with all the people?  Force them out at gunpoint?  What about states' rights and boundaries?  What about the Constitution?

After the Civil War, one side lost and one side won.  The losers were forced to accept the terms of the winners - slavery was gone and the slave states were absorbed back into the union.  A national divorce sounds so sanitary, but it wouldn't be that way in reality.  There will be blood.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 2:34:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By TheRealBluedog:
No one remembers when the Soviet Union broke up? People have suggested the Spanish Civil War and Czechoslovakia, but nobody said anything about the USSR?
View Quote

The Soviet Union consisted of an amalgam of countries forced into Soviet rule.  Those countries had a history looooong before they were enslaved by the Soviets.  We do not have such a situation.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 2:36:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 2:37:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Abortion
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 2:38:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By TheRealBluedog:
View Quote
We aren't the USSR. Our political class is jolly lipped to keep the status quo, so long as the money continues to pour in. Some real radical and mean sons of bitches willing to go to hell for principles instead of paper would have to take charge of several states, and have the fortitude to pour hot tar on any of their constituents that have a bitch fit about it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 2:40:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlabamaFan64] [#38]
Not sure.  The left has gotten bolder and bolder and I know divorce isn’t on their radar because they want our money and to put us in our place.  These motherfuckers are going to have to be dealt with eventually or they’ll keep on doing what they’re doing until they have control of the whole country.  The politicians that supposedly represent us have blatantly shown they’re only interested in personal gain and could care less what the other party does, so it’s going to be on us.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 2:41:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Nothing at this point
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 2:43:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Oldgold:
I hate to say this, but Sherman went scorched earth the last time we tried. The Powers that be will not allow it.
View Quote

Revolution, not civil war.  Removing corrupt propaganda media would fix many issues / mindsets quickly.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 2:46:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Multiculutralism and Diversity will bring us all closer together like never before!!

Link Posted: 8/26/2024 2:47:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By buck19delta:

Revolution, not civil war.  Removing corrupt propaganda media would fix many issues / mindsets quickly.
View Quote

The best thing out of all of it would be the true honest face of the Government without it's mask.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 2:47:27 PM EDT
[#43]
It would of course be a black day, and end the world influence of the U.S., but I have thought about it a fair amount. For about three decades, I have been saying, "I miss the country I grew up in, and want to live there again." Not possible of course, but we have reached a breaking point over a system in which nearly any crime is excused if the perpetrator bears the annointed skin color, where laws such as voting being a right of citizens only, and lawful defense of the borders as a basic responsibility of the National Government are willfully ignored. We cannot continue long in this fashion.

It is unlikely that any solution could be other than violent and chaotic. No thinking person desires this, but tolerance of this malevolent usurpation of lawful authority will not continue forever. Sad and worrisome days, friends!
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 2:50:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By AeroE:
Draw your borders around the large cities and plan to invade and conquer the cities that can't be avoided.

A trigger will be five or six factors.  If SS collapsed that certainly removes a buffer, but it's not enough on its own.

View Quote

Invade?

NO
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 2:58:48 PM EDT
[#45]
I should have taken in screen shot.

The topic directly below this one:
Automatic voter registration and fraud....now nationwide.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Automatic-Voter-registraion-and-fraud-now-nationwide-/5-2744884/

Two topics above this one:
Colorado now has LGBT grooming style content in social studies for first graders
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Colorado-now-has-LGBT-grooming-style-content-in-social-studies-for-first-graders-/5-2744898/

And just like that, and for absolutely no reason at all.....
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 3:28:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By panthermark:
I should have taken in screen shot.

The topic directly below this one:
Automatic voter registration and fraud....now nationwide.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Automatic-Voter-registraion-and-fraud-now-nationwide-/5-2744884/

Two topics above this one:
Colorado now has LGBT grooming style content in social studies for first graders
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Colorado-now-has-LGBT-grooming-style-content-in-social-studies-for-first-graders-/5-2744898/

And just like that, and for absolutely no reason at all.....
View Quote
Matters 0% when the elections are rigged. Vote as hard as you want.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 3:32:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By fla556guy:
And who are those "adults" in your mind?

View Quote

Other “Principled Conservatives”.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 3:33:13 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

Weren't those too sort of forced together, something of a shotgun wedding.  Thus a breakup seemed natural?  I honestly don't know.

The reason I mentioned the Spanish Civil war as a template is because it got started when the commies took control and started doing commie things.  Enough other folks objected and it was on.
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 3:34:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By KonamiCode:
View Quote

Well all the big bases are in the south and all the land based nukes are pretty much in red states, so …
Link Posted: 8/26/2024 3:37:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By buck19delta:

View Quote

Gotta go after the news directors if you’re going that route. They determine what makes it on the air.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top