BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 10:43:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No one is going to war over Taiwan.  The CCP will just infest the Taiwanese government and they’ll slowly integrate to the mainland over a twenty year or so period.

View Quote

I highly doubt they will be able to do that.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 10:47:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

No one is going to war over Taiwan.  The CCP will just infest the Taiwanese government and they'll slowly integrate to the mainland over a twenty year or so period.

View Quote
Yup. It worked here, so why not stay the course....
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 11:16:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quite the opposite.

We will destroy all the manufacturing/ chip capacity in a scorched earth campaign. But before that we will get every last chip engineer out.

China will have Taiwan but it won’t be of any value.

This will do few things.
China will be seen like Russia, a pariah who needs to be limited.
The West+ will sanction.
Capital flows will reroute
Europe will make Africa/India their slave labor economy.
America will make the Western Hemisphere their economic zone.
Pacific Rim nations will arm themselves because the know they are what’s next for dinner.

Russia, China, Iran can piss off which will set up WW3.

View Quote

Maybe, as a Bible guy there is a Kingdom that rises out of the East that will be globally dominate...for a time. No doubt they know they will become a pariah to the West...the question is...would they rather be hated or economically subjugated?
As the dollar becomes less valuable I suspect our eccconomic ability to control becomes less powerful.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 11:20:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Back in the early '00s I lived in Taiwan for a couple of years. I worked in the semiconductor arena supporting all the big named chip mfg. And by lived, I mean had an apartment, took the subway, ate at night markets and rode a scooter around Taipei.

The one thing I can tell you is, they know a coup is coming, they know there are chicom spies everywhere. Since before China's admission in the the WTO, it was fairly seamless to travel to China and vise versa. Most Taiwanese have 2 passports (1 ROC, 1 PRC). Some want the PRC to take over, some do not, it's about 50/50. The prevailing theory is that it will be a silent coup, as the running "joke" is every morning they look at the parliament building to see what flag is flying.

the 2 cultures are so intermingled, it wouldn't matter to most Taiwanese which side was in charge. Either way, it would probably be considered a SAR like Hong Kong/Kowloon
View Quote

In my mind we just lived through our own coup...where half the nation is still under the notion that they have inputs in D.C ..but in practically speaking elected political figures are little more than pawns.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 11:51:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Why not just build chip manufacturing in the US and make the coming war unnecessary?

This has to be cheaper than a war with China, before even factoring in the human lives that would be lost.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 11:55:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No one is going to war over Taiwan.  The CCP will just infest the Taiwanese government and they’ll slowly integrate to the mainland over a twenty year or so period.

View Quote

I'd tend to agree with this. If the PRC invades, then the US will definitely intervene, as will likely Japan, Australia, and other regional actors. And it likely spirals even further from there.

The PRC knows this, and the consequences for them even if they "win" would be catastrophic. All they really need to do is wait the island out and eventually absorb them into the mainland as China's regional and global influence grows.

But if they decide to jump the gun and go kinetic, then the US will definitely intervene.  We'd have to.

Again, PRC knows this. And therefore they'd understand that they'd need to knock us out of the fight before it happens. It would probably start with a sneak attack on Kadena, Guam, etc. to prevent us from projecting. They'd probably attack us before they even bothered with Taiwan itself.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 11:58:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Why not just build chip manufacturing in the US and make the coming war unnecessary?

This has to be cheaper than a war with China, before even factoring in the human lives that would be lost.
View Quote

The recently passed CHIPS Act is supposed to support that, and even TSMC can get some of that money for their projects in the United States.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 12:22:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The recently passed CHIPS Act is supposed to support that, and even TSMC can get some of that money for their projects in the United States.
View Quote

The problem is most chip mfg. companies are owned by China. So, it doesn't matter (other than employed equipment operators) where the chips are made. The money still goes back to the PRC
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 12:26:33 PM EDT
[#9]
If you want to know who controls you...see who it is you cannot criticize.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 12:27:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Hate to break it to you, but China has been producing the worlds chips for almost 20 years now. The mfg that is left in Taiwan is mostly boutique (custom) fab. Hence the reason why I'm no longer living in Taiwan, nor in semi-conductor test.
View Quote

Is WUS gone?
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 12:36:03 PM EDT
[#11]
The stern letter written will provide warmth and lovingly comfort.

They are starting chip manufacturing here that will be open for business in the timeframe they believe China makes a move on Taiwan. That should tell you our commitment.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 1:32:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Hate to break it to you, but China has been producing the worlds chips for almost 20 years now. The mfg that is left in Taiwan is mostly boutique (custom) fab.
View Quote

ROFLMAO. If by “boutique” you mean “damn near everyone” then sure. Yeah China makes a high volume of chips but TSMC is the king - and the T doesn’t stand for Chairman Mao.

ETA:

https://www.counterpointresearch.com/global-semiconductor-foundry-market-share/
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 1:39:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Douglas Macgregor was inserting pro China talkingpoints in regards to Taiwan so I am curious how many conservatives would fall for it if the time comes.

That said Taiwan should be full balls to the wall 2A since like yesterday already.
View Quote

This^^^^^ Don’t be like Ukraine and while we are pulling out diplomats saying your a$$ is about to be invaded, say, no worries, they aren’t going to invade!  I would be trying to get a nuke from somewhere. And at least arming up every household. One rifle and a thousand rounds min.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 1:40:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Should we? Absolutely. Will we? With Mr. Potatoe occupying the white house, being bought and paid for by the chicoms, idk. I think he will half ass it, to deliberately lose and cause the maximum amount of US casualties and humiliation.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 1:41:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Depends what China tells Biden to do
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/27/2023 1:43:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I highly doubt they will be able to do that.
View Quote

They already have
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 1:46:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Hate to break it to you, but China has been producing the worlds chips for almost 20 years now. The mfg that is left in Taiwan is mostly boutique (custom) fab. Hence the reason why I'm no longer living in Taiwan, nor in semi-conductor test.
View Quote

That boutique custom is the most advanced and they can’t reverse engineer it. And the capacity is like 60% global.

That is extremely valuable.

Something China wants and needs it.

This we have to deny it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 1:48:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Since 90% of chips are manufactured in Taiwan its anyones guess.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 1:49:15 PM EDT
[#19]

I am more scared of that crew for various reasons than my extremely well trained Marines.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 1:51:30 PM EDT
[#20]
No. Top brass in the Marine Corps are currently working kn killing the Corps combat effectiveness.
Getting rid of infantry units and combat programs
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 1:57:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I heard that Taiwan has lots of nazis and biolabs.

China's sudden invasion of them is to protect us from the nazi Taiwanese bioweapons threats.

Also, Taiwan is part of the globohomo.  China is fighting to preserve traditional western values against the leftist onslaught.  The news I was just watching over at english.cctv.com told me so, because I'm too smart to fall for any mainstream media lies!

View Quote

*polite golf clap*
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 5:01:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

ROFLMAO. If by “boutique” you mean “damn near everyone” then sure. Yeah China makes a high volume of chips but TSMC is the king - and the T doesn’t stand for Chairman Mao.

ETA:
https://www.counterpointresearch.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/Counterpoint-Research-Global-Semiconductor-Foundry-Revenue-Share-Q4-2022E.png
https://www.counterpointresearch.com/global-semiconductor-foundry-market-share/
View Quote

And yet, "they" only own 6.5% of their own stock. While being the major share holder, chinese investors undoubtedly own more when combined.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 5:04:34 PM EDT
[#23]
The way we provided the promised support to South Vietnam when the North invaded?
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 5:04:59 PM EDT
[#24]
It's hard for me to picture a physical invasion of Taiwan without destroying what they seek to capture. I honestly think the threat is overblown.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 5:05:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

They Are.   But it takes a while.   Google it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 5:07:58 PM EDT
[#26]
If China tries to invade Taiwan it won't be just the US that comes to it's aid.  The entire world is dependent upon semiconductors from TSMC and understands the consequences of China cornering the market on computer chips.  The UK and Germany has sent ships through the South China Sea to send a message to China.  China can expect a world united opposed their aggression similar to what Russia is facing.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 5:09:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

China's sudden invasion of them is to protect us from the nazi Taiwanese bioweapons threats.

Also, Taiwan is part of the globohomo.  China is fighting to preserve traditional western values against the leftist onslaught.  The news I was just watching over at english.cctv.com told me so, because I'm too smart to fall for any mainstream media lies!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

You forgot to mention that Taiwan is corrupt (just ignore that they were improving and China is even more corrupt) and that everyone who supports Taiwan is a cult member who has homosexual urges for President Tsai Ing-wen who is the former chairman of the Democratic Progressive Party!

Quoted:
Should we? Absolutely. Will we? With Mr. Potatoe occupying the white house, being bought and paid for by the chicoms, idk. I think he will half ass it, to deliberately lose and cause the maximum amount of US casualties and humiliation.
So a repeat of Afghanistan and Ukraine.  Wonderful.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 5:12:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
And yet, "they" only own 6.5% of their own stock. While being the major share holder, chinese investors undoubtedly own more when combined.
View Quote

And yet those fabrication plants are in Taiwan and out of the control of the CCP.  China is as dependent upon Taiwanese computer chips as is the rest of the world.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 5:13:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

I doubt that.

Do you have any evidence for this?
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 5:13:59 PM EDT
[#30]
No matter what happens, one thing is for certain.  Half of GD will get on here and start explaining to us all about Taiwan Nazis and then Taiwan biolabs, and then how China is the last hope for white Christians, and then how it's all a money laundering operation, and then how they don't support Taiwan cause "da suthern berder"… and then about a year into the war they will explain that there is in fact no war and that there is no combat footage at all.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 5:14:57 PM EDT
[#31]
The Wehrmacht couldn't invade across a 20 mile stretch of water.
We barely did it with a 2 year build up, total air supremacy, code breaking, a masterful deception plan, an methed up idiot opponent fighting the entire world, decades of blue water warfare tradition, multiple successful island invasion experiences and the largest, most innovative, competent and united industrial base in human history.
china asshoe has to cross 100 miles with literally none of that. They couldn't drop a box of rubber dog turds on an opposed beach.
The last thing they invented was gunpowder, and couldn't figure out how to integrate it with rhino horn for a better aphrodisiac.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 5:42:49 PM EDT
[#32]
The chinese are masters of the long game. Our 247 years of existence as a country means nothing for a country that's been dominant for over 3,000 years. To china, we are merely spoiled kids and that includes Europe. Their main goal is global harmony under the PRC flag. Taiwan WILL be re-unificated before the CCP centennial. I suspect much sooner than 2047.  

Here is a good read on Chinese strategy concerning regional and global dominance:

The Chinese long game
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 5:44:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
We barely did it with a 2 year build up, total air supremacy, code breaking, a masterful deception plan, an methed up idiot opponent fighting the entire world, decades of blue water warfare tradition, multiple successful island invasion experiences and the largest, most innovative, competent and united industrial base in human history.
china asshoe has to cross 100 miles with literally none of that. They couldn't drop a box of rubber dog turds on an opposed beach.
The last thing they invented was gunpowder, and couldn't figure out how to integrate it with rhino horn for a better aphrodisiac.
View Quote

Sure if this was 1998, but currently:

"Beijing then built the world’s largest mine arsenal, the world’s first anti-ship ballistic missile, and the world’s largest submarine fleet—all to undermine US military power."

All paid for by US consumerism.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 5:46:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The chinese are masters of the long game. Our 247 years of existence as a country means nothing for a country that's been dominant for over 3,000 years. To china, we are merely spoiled kids and that includes Europe. Their main goal is global harmony under the PRC flag. Taiwan WILL be re-unificated before the CCP centennial. I suspect much sooner than 2047.  

Here is a good read on Chinese strategy concerning regional and global dominance:

The Chinese long game
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 5:48:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

LOL
View Quote

lol back at ya.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 5:50:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

lol back at ya.
View Quote

All I can do is laugh when someone claims "China" has been dominant for 3000 years.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 5:50:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
Exactly...

Should they be stupid enough to try it is almost impossible they will have the element of surprise and Taiwan's geography presents a nearly insurmountable disadvantage for the invaders.   There are only a handful of suitable landing sites so the Taiwanese know where they will be coming and will be heavily entrenched.  The Chinese lack enough landing ships and the lose of one or two (by either submarine or surface to ship missiles) will be devastating.  A successful invasion by an inexperienced Chinese military would represent one of the most major achievements in all of military history but it is almost certain to be one of the greatest blunders instead.

Taiwan is made up of an ethnic Taiwanese majority who are distrustful of the ethnic Chinese in the ruling class.  It is doubtful they would allow the CCP to take over considering what happened in Hong Kong.  A prolonged blockade would only hurt the (very) frail Chinese economy that is dependent upon exports to the very countries that will be leading the economic sanctions
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 5:52:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Exactly...

Should they be stupid enough to try it is almost impossible they will have the element of surprise and Taiwan's geography presents a nearly insurmountable disadvantage for the invaders.   There are only a handful of suitable landing sites so the Taiwanese know where they will be coming and will be heavily entrenched.  The Chinese lack enough landing ships and the lose of one or two (by either submarine or surface to ship missiles) will be devastating.  A successful invasion by an inexperienced Chinese military would represent one of the most major achievements in all of military history but it is almost certain to be one of the greatest blunders instead.

Taiwan is made up of an ethnic Taiwanese majority who are distrustful of the ethnic Chinese in the ruling class.  It is doubtful they would allow the CCP to take over considering what happened in Hong Kong.  A prolonged blockade would only hurt the (very) frail Chinese economy that is dependent upon exports to the very countries that will be leading the economic sanctions
View Quote

Who said there was going to be a beach landing or missile attack? They are conquering from within.

According to governmental statistics, in the early 21st century, 95% to 97% of Taiwan's population are Han Chinese, while about 2.3% are Taiwanese of Austronesian ethnicity.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 5:54:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Who said there was going to be a beach landing or missile attack? They are conquering from within.
View Quote

Yes.  The ancient wise China with glorious thousand year plan.  You mentioned it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 5:57:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol no.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 5:58:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

The Chinese long game
View Quote

Sinophiles are hilarious.

China isn’t dominating the world. They’re getting old a lot faster than they’re getting rich. Their economy is extremely fragile. Nobody trusts them at all. They’re a cheap source of slave labor.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 6:15:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Studying an adversaries tactics? Sure, because you know damn well they are studying ours.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 6:17:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

All I can do is laugh when someone claims "China" has been dominant for 3000 years.
View Quote

Tell me, what other country has been around longer? As long or even half as long as China? Dominant as in longevity.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 6:19:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I would think it’ll light a fire under the asses of the Japanese. If the US doesn’t stop China, then Japan will build for war.
View Quote

if they don't have a nuke collection, they are doomed fools.  

I'm betting they already have weapons equal to ours in power and the chicoms are going to fafo
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 6:25:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Studying an adversaries tactics? Sure, because you know damn well they are studying ours.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So is Egypt… they’re not kicking off a global hegemony either.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 6:29:07 PM EDT
[#46]
It's up to the World Economic Forum.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 6:31:23 PM EDT
[#47]
You Check Your Messages? | The Fifth Element (1997) | Blu-ray™ Movie Clips | 1080p60??
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 6:46:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

So is Egypt… they’re not kicking off a global hegemony either.
View Quote

Egypt isn't 1.4b strong either.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 6:49:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Tell me, what other country has been around longer? As long or even half as long as China? Dominant as in longevity.
View Quote

All of them?   The country is just geography.

If you're talking about nationhood in the modern sense, China is about 75ish years old.
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 6:50:53 PM EDT
[#50]
We should.

The longer we wait the better they get because we keep sending them money by the pallet.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top