BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 7:58:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Triggerstuck:

Stone crab claws are a fantastic meal.  What a sweet flavor they have.  I went to Maryland the one time back in ‘01.  Had blues at that Family Restaurant across the street from the Constellation.  I ordered a dozen large and my waitress told me, “Just to let you know, the large are from Louisiana.”  Fried soft shells make a great Poboy.

I always get tired of pickin’ first before I get full.

A butter knife is what I’ve always used too.  They just work.

I’ve eaten my weight ten times over with Lake Pontchartrain blue crab.  South Louisiana sure does seafood.
View Quote

Tell me more about this lake pontchartrain blue crab?  do i need a boat?
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:12:12 PM EDT
[#2]
The best lump crab meat is from the Chesapeake Bay.  Go to Chincoteague Island and visit one of the three restaurants there that run their own boats.  Order the lump backfin sauteed in butter with a slab of flounder or Smithfield ham.  Heaven.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 8:27:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Gdirty5:

Tell me more about this lake pontchartrain blue crab?  do i need a boat?
View Quote

You could try from shore with the classic piece of chicken on green string. The better spot would be the old twin span bridges with a drop net but the walkway out to them was destroyed. Other than that, yeah a boat would be your best bet for running traps
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:04:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By KELBEAST:

You could try from shore with the classic piece of chicken on green string. The better spot would be the old twin span bridges with a drop net but the walkway out to them was destroyed. Other than that, yeah a boat would be your best bet for running traps
View Quote

Darn, I don’t have a boat. But I was hoping there was a place I could cast a line or throw a net to catch fish or crab just to show my son how it’s done.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:46:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Jumbo lumpy crabs, duh.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:06:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Triggerstuck] [#6]
Originally Posted By Gdirty5:

Darn, I don’t have a boat. But I was hoping there was a place I could cast a line or throw a net to catch fish or crab just to show my son how it’s done.
View Quote

Lake Pontchartrain Blues

From the article.

Crabbing Locations
For those looking to try their luck with catching crabs, there are numerous places that offer a safe and family-friendly atmosphere. Among the most popular spots to crab on the side of the road is Lake Road in Lacombe and Main Street in Madisonville. Both offer access to picturesque tributaries (Bayou Lacombe and Tchefuncte River) that are connected to Lake Pontchartrain. Other options are the public fishing piers that are available to residents and visitors in St. Tammany Parish. The Mandeville Sunset Point Fishing Pier* has plenty of space and extends out 400 feet into Lake Pontchartrain. The pier is free to the public and has benches, a fish cleaning station, and even a picnic area on land, as well as plenty of parking available.

@Gdirty5
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:09:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:53:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 11:57:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By 3uzzard:

Do you have a train?
View Quote

Uh oh, the door has been flung open !
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 12:05:24 AM EDT
[#10]
I’ve seen the trucks from the gulf coast heading up 65 into Nashville, and then to BG/Louisville often enough, I’d believe that it’s daily.

Heck, there’s a sushi place in Denver where the fish is flown in from Japan dailyish.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 12:05:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Man, I miss the seafood sensation sub from Subway.

Them cancelling that was the reason I stopped going.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 12:08:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By oscardeuce:

Or like touching?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By oscardeuce:
Originally Posted By 3uzzard:
Originally Posted By Southernman077:
I like the fake stuff better.

Do you have a train?

Or like touching?

Only if it's mutual. I'm not gay.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 2:32:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 2:42:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Back from lunch. They serve colossal lump. Market price. 9 bucks for an ounce, which was 3 pieces. Asked them where they got it from and they said South Pacific.

Don’t care. It was incredible eyeball rolling.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 3:23:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Where does jumbo lump crab meat come from?

It comes from jumbo lump crabs, of course...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top