Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 8:33:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been thinking about this since I posted the thread.  We watched quite a bit of tennis over the last couple weeks from NY; I think I'm going to have to go with a tennis major.  I don't play tennis but I do know that if you have a bad day, you go home.  Every match is single elimination.  I agree a Golf major is hard but you can still live to fight another day if you have one bad round.  There are no second chances in tennis.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 8:34:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Stanley Cup and it’s not even close
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/11/2023 8:38:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
MotoGP.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 8:42:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Agreed. It’s either your day or it isn’t.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bassmaster classic

Agreed. It’s either your day or it isn’t.
Its easy if you bring your extra lead weights to stuff in the fish.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 8:43:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I wouldn't say most coveted.  It may be up there with hockey being one of the physically toughest sports but at the end of the day, no one gives a fuck about Canadian ice soccer.  It's almost as exciting as watching actual soccer.
View Quote

Nice avatar of the most boring professional sport ever conceived.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 8:43:22 AM EDT
[#6]
CHAMPION (Masers of Cinema) New and Exclusive Trailer

Kirk Douglas on the Final Scene of Champion (1949)
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 8:44:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Has to be an individual sport as only one winner, not a team of winners.  Golf or Tennis.  Most team sports are limited to the US and Canada.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 8:46:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Its easy if you bring your extra lead weights to stuff in the fish.
View Quote

My nephew is addicted to fishing and his ring tone is “we got weights in fish!”
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 8:49:38 AM EDT
[#9]
No shooting sports ?
Y’all saying shooting competitions are easy ?
I would vote for the Bianchi Cup.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 8:53:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 8:54:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Probably Formula 1
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 8:55:02 AM EDT
[#12]
World Series
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 8:58:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Tour de France
View Quote

If it was all individual time trials or the peloton was banned I would agreed. In its current form you finish with the pack most days.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 9:00:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

https://media.tenor.com/HpBRbrenM7kAAAAM/del-griffith-oh-sure-sure.gif

Nice avatar of the most boring professional sport ever conceived.
View Quote

Baseball isn't the most exciting sport and I wouldn't say it is.  It definitely beats the shit out of ice soccer, and viewership and their respective fan bases reflect that.

Football is still king, with being a middle ground of physicality, strategy, and pace.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 9:02:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I've been thinking about this since I posted the thread.  We watched quite a bit of tennis over the last couple weeks from NY; I think I'm going to have to go with a tennis major.  I don't play tennis but I do know that if you have a bad day, you go home.  Every match is single elimination.  I agree a Golf major is hard but you can still live to fight another day if you have one bad round.  There are no second chances in tennis.
View Quote

Tennis or boxing or MMA.  Man to man.  Rules and a court or ring.  Minimal technology differences for opponents….although technology pretty throughly referees the tennis matches.  MMA suffers from subjective judging and refereeing…boxing and wrestling too.  You have to be quite the little bitch to believe you lost a tennis match to subjectivity.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 9:06:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

If it was all individual time trials or the peloton was banned I would agreed. In its current form you finish with the pack most days.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tour de France

Plenty of riders don't finish with the pack most days, especially after the first week.  

To win you have to finish ahead of the pack on most days that finish atop a peak and finish well in the ITT.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 9:09:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Of those, the Stanley Cup. But from what I’ve read, the Tour de France is the most grueling on an individual.

The Cup is a grind though.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 9:10:10 AM EDT
[#18]

Seriously…

NHL is right up there with MLB as literally the easiest to win.

“But muh missing teeth and fist fights…”

Those two sports have the most parity of different franchises winning a title and you can do it by building a team. Whereas in the NBA and NFL you essentially have to get lucky and have the best player(s) in the planet on your team. Then in college 90% of the schools have zero shot.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 9:10:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
No shooting sports ?
Y’all saying shooting competitions are easy ?
I would vote for the Bianchi Cup.
View Quote

I was going to mention that winning a USPSA nationals is up there in difficulty.  Not sure it rises to the level of a golf major, but it’s up there.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 9:14:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Individual sports are the hardest to win. Golf, Tennis, collegiate wrestling, Tour De France, Olympics, etc. I don’t follow any of them so I couldn’t argue which is the most difficult, but I’d say they are all extremely difficult and challenging.

It’s simple math.

Hockey players throwing fists at each other like retards and playing through injuries doesn’t make it more difficult to win. There’s still only 30 teams.

Link Posted: 9/11/2023 9:16:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Winning all 3 of Grand tours in cycling in that year.

Its not even close.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 9:16:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
F1.

It has 20 drivers.  That's it.  So yeah, you have a 1 in 20 chance of being the champion.  Except you don't.

First, you have to get a seat.  Good luck.  20 spots.  Total.  What, one or two open up each year, if that, and you better be the F2 champ or have a billionaire father or you ain't in line to get it.

Say you get your seat.  You probably aren't the team's #1 driver.  So you are not going to get the support the first driver gets.  The car won't be set up for you, changes will not favor you.  You're handicapped by your own team.

Next, your seat has to be at Red Bull or Mercedes to have a realistic chance.  So you have to be one of two drivers in the world.  Nobody at Haas or Alfa or any other team is competing for anything but P5.

Oh yeah, then you have to do the driving to actually win.
View Quote

You just said F1 then rattled off a list of reasons as to why it’s the easiest sport to win. The kid currently driving the Red Bull car literally wins by default. You could put a dozen different drivers in his seat and they would also win by default.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 9:17:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Golf. The ball does some weird shit, even for the best players in the world. Plus courses at majors are set up to destroy you. It's the only sport listed with trees and water and sand between you and where you're trying to hit the ball.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 9:34:07 AM EDT
[#24]
The hardest thing to do in all of sports is hit a baseball.

The most skill plus athleticism is either basketball or hockey.

The hardest championship to win in teams sports is CFB.

40 teams can even lay claim, legitimately about 20 teams have won one since the beginning of the sport....
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 9:37:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

40 teams can even lay claim, legitimately about 20 teams have won one since the beginning of the sport....
View Quote

Hitting a baseball isn’t hard at all.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 9:39:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Stanley Cup and it’s not even close
View Quote

Wrong!!!!

Tour de France bicycle race is the most grueling competition imaginable.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 9:41:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Agreed.  Plus there's usually a much stricter pecking order in men's tennis, maybe women's too, that we haven't seen in golf post-Tiger.  Boris Beckers of the world aside, if you're not one of five-ten guys, you ain't winning the US Open.  Golf's US Open is renowned for having a bunch of, "Who?!" Guys get hot & lucky with the bounces that week, and then are rarely heard from again.

I picked the National Championship (thinking football) because it does seem like if you're not one of the anointed dozen pre-season, you're not winning it no matter what you do.

If "difficult" means physically grueling, it's probably the Tour de France.
(LOL, I should read through the thread.  Though I didn't even think of winning Espana or Italia on the same year.  Maybe throw in a couple of Monuments like Liege-Bastogne-Liege?)
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 9:43:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you ever posted anything that is accurate?
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 9:50:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Used to play tennis for fun.  I was young and in shape and playing in the heat was brutal.  Tennis is up there.  Like others have said, team sports are team sports.  You can have a bad day as a right guard and your team could still win superbowl.  Baseball is brutal due to number of games.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 9:51:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Hitting a 90 to 100 mph baseball is not easy for anyone.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 9:55:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Of those, the Stanley Cup. But from what I’ve read, the Tour de France is the most grueling on an individual.

The Cup is a grind though.
View Quote

You can win the Stanley Cup while sitting on the bench.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 10:01:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Isle of Mann TT

Link Posted: 9/11/2023 10:03:39 AM EDT
[#33]
NHL Stanley Cup.
1st you have to play the preseason games (6-8), then the regular season (82 games) and then if you make it to the playoffs, the first to 16W get to take it home for the summer no matter how many playoff games it takes.

If you somehow make it into the playoffs, the 1-8 seedings don't seem to matter much as who the F knows what craziness is about to happen? 4th Sudden Death OT? Sure thing. 8th seed knocking out 1st seed? Sure thing.

It is truly one of the most crazy playoffs around. God help your sleep schedule if your team is on a different coast.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 10:04:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Winning all 3 of Grand tours in cycling in that year.

Its not even close.
View Quote

Never been done and probably won't happen in my lifetime.  

It has been done consecutively (by only 3 riders), but never in the same calendar year.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 10:07:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Have you ever posted anything that is accurate?
View Quote

You’re right, what would I know.  I played baseball in high school and college, those obviously don’t count.

My 8 year old has been hitting baseballs off pitching machines for at least a year now.  An 8 year old with minimally developed hand eye coordination skills.

Stick to subjects you know about.  Rent free!

Link Posted: 9/11/2023 10:17:29 AM EDT
[#36]
College FB National championship if you’re not one of 5 or 10 teams.  
Teams like Wake Forest, Vanderbilt, Minnesota, Kansas, Stanford, and about 100 other teams don’t have a chance. The rich college programs won’t let that happen.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 10:19:19 AM EDT
[#37]
The All Valley Karate Championship.

By comparison, every single one of the choices is a worthless, bullshit thing, and it's been this way since 1968.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 10:20:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 10:22:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Who is pitching it?
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 10:30:05 AM EDT
[#40]
Hitting a Major League Baseball maybe the toughest thing to do in sports. Even your best hitters make outs 7 out of 10 times.

“The hardest thing to do in baseball is to hit a round baseball with a round bat, squarely”

? Ted Williams
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 10:31:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Who is pitching it?
View Quote

A Major League Baseball is harder to hit than one tossed by a pitching machine at 40mph.

Thanks for stating the obvious.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 10:32:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Hitting a Major League Baseball maybe the toughest thing to do in sports. Even your best hitters make outs 7 out of 10 times.

“The hardest thing to do in baseball is to hit a round baseball with a round bat, squarely”

? Ted Williams
View Quote

When the ball starts curving, that’s where the issues start
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 10:33:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

You just said F1 then rattled off a list of reasons as to why it’s the easiest sport to win. The kid currently driving the Red Bull car literally wins by default. You could put a dozen different drivers in his seat and they would also win by default.
View Quote

Tell me you don't understand a sport without telling me you don't understand a sport.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 10:36:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

When the ball starts curving, that’s where the issues start
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 10:37:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

You’re right, what would I know.  I played baseball in high school and college, those obviously don’t count.

My 8 year old has been hitting baseballs off pitching machines for at least a year now.  An 8 year old with minimally developed hand eye coordination skills.

View Quote

I doubt you played collegiate ball making that kind of a statement, which is also a retarded comparison. My 4 year old has been riding bikes since she was 2 and is now learning to roller blade. By your logic that eliminates cycling and hockey.

I grew up playing ball with a guy who won a WS MVP.

Hitting a baseball at that level is fucking hard.

In high school during practices he struck me out probably 50% of the time. Another 25% was either a popup or dribbler in the infield. About 25% of the time I’d get solid contract off him and rip one. Hit a few homers off him.

About 6 years after high school, when he’d been in the majors for 3+ seasons, I hung out with him one Saturday messing around with him and a few other guys at our high school field. It was the middle of winter/off-season and he hadn’t touched a baseball in over 2 months.

He threw 100 pitches, 90+ of which were strikes, and myself and 2 other guys took turns batting. None of us even made contact on a single pitch.

Link Posted: 9/11/2023 10:40:07 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Tell me you don't understand a sport without telling me you don't understand a sport.
View Quote

He’s partially correct….. Look what happened to Hamilton with the new car.

That said, Verstappen is a talented machine with a drive unmatched by anyone else.  No you can’t just put anyone in the Red Bull car and get a win though.  Example, Stroll sucks.  He’s got a seat because of daddy.

Link Posted: 9/11/2023 10:49:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 12:52:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

You spelled enduro wrong.
View Quote

Erzbergrodeo is insane. It’s got to be in the top 3
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 1:03:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Probably the special olympics. We do have several competitors here in GD.
View Quote

If you like Woody Harrelson, his new movie Champions on Amazon Prime is awesome. He's an up-and-coming coach in the NBA, and gets knocked down for two serious mistakes. Judge sentences him to community service coaching a Special Olympics basketball team.

Cheech Marin is in it, along with Kaitlin Olson. It's really, really funny, and has a great message.

Not a sportsball fan, but it really is worth the watch.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 1:08:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top