Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 11:59:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Idk, I'm getting a trolling vibe the more I read .
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:02:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This is what pisses me off the most. God forbid you mention any kind of statement that doesn't measure up to their doomer mentality or you're labeled a flu bro
View Quote

This is what pisses me off the most. God forbid you mention any kind of statement that doesn’t measure up to their flubro mentality or  you’re labeled a Doomer.

It works both ways, binary thinkers are retarded.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:04:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Look at the Big Shitty Thinking that got New York where they are. Looks like Chinese New Year was a big hit!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIVUpx8pawI
View Quote

Stalinist revision of history is already spinning up in the Dem/MSM industrial complex. You see, this has to be Trump's fault somehow. If it takes pretending that those virtue signaling statements were never made, and scrubbing a few month's worth of leftist social media posts off the internet, so be it. Google, Facebook, Twitter et al will get right on it and a little while later Snopes will fact check this stuff and pretend they've been sounding the alarm all along. But sadly Trump didn't listen. This is how they operate folks.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:08:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Just making sure some people are aware that NY does not equal NYC.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:08:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This is what pisses me off the most. God forbid you mention any kind of statement that doesn’t measure up to their flubro mentality or  you’re labeled a Doomer.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is what pisses me off the most. God forbid you mention any kind of statement that doesn't measure up to their doomer mentality or you're labeled a flu bro

I see a helluva lot more hate in GD from the Doomers toward the "flu bros" than the other way around.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:10:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You have no evidence of anything.

You are simply engaging in speculation.

The Doomers were wrong, period and always have been.

Trying to weasel into some kind of middle ground based on feelings and speculation is pathetic.

View Quote

There is no evidence either way (including "the doomers were wrong, period"). Thats sorta the point of my post. So, thanks for repeating my point back to me, I guess?? Lol. Anybody making summary declarations, one way or the other, at this point in the timeline is either willingly ignorant or fully in denial.

I'm on neither side. Thats not weaseling into anything, thats called being pragmatic.

Your shitdick attempt to goad me into picking a side is whats really pathetic. Binary thinking is patently retarded. In the mean time, I'll stay cautiously optimistic.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:11:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I misread the headline. What do you want from me? To say it's just the flu bro?
View Quote

I'd be a little happy if you and all the other doomers that go around quoting numbers out of their ass and then interjecting their bullshit theatrics would just STFU.  But no, odds on you'll be doing this in another thread today, just like all the other doomers.

In the meantime, the economy is ruined, Governors have shit on the constitution and the national debt now reaches to my great grandchildren.

And the doomer shit caused it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:14:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Good.

Doomers can go to hell because they assume anyone not 100% on the same page as them is a “flu bro” who denies everything about COVID19.  GD binary thinking at its finest.
View Quote

Reported as personal attack.

Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:14:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Reported for reporting
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:15:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

There is no evidence either way (including "the doomers were wrong, period"). Thats sorta the point of my post. So, thanks for repeating my point back to me, I guess?? Lol. Anybody making summary declarations, one way or the other, at this point in the timeline is either willingly ignorant or fully in denial.

I'm on neither side. Thats not weaseling into anything, thats called being pragmatic.

Your shitdick attempt to goad me into picking a side is whats really pathetic. Binary thinking is patently retarded. In the mean time, I'll stay cautiously optimistic.
View Quote
Bullshit

Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:19:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Oh well.

I prefer evidence and complete data instead of conjecture and fear.

YMMV
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:23:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good.

Doomers can go to hell because they assume anyone not 100% on the same page as them is a “flu bro” who denies everything about COVID19.  GD binary thinking at its finest.

Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:23:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Good.

View Quote

The reverse could be said about the "flu bros". Anyone who is intelligent, honest and objective should be quick to point out how much reported information varies, how the two largest outbreaks are being hidden from the world (Iran and China) and that there are many unknowns at this point.

What is known is that this stuff is bad news for most people over 25, the US economy and world economy are getting an ass whoopin that isn't going to stop soon and the resulting fallout from that may be far worse than the virus itself.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:24:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Oh well.

YMMV
View Quote

Sorry doomer, your posting history suggests otherwise.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:24:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'd be a little happy if you and all the other doomers that go around quoting numbers out of their ass and then interjecting their bullshit theatrics would just STFU.  But no, odds on you'll be doing this in another thread today, just like all the other doomers.

In the meantime, the economy is ruined, Governors have shit on the constitution and the national debt now reaches to my great grandchildren.

View Quote
Read what you wrote. You sound like a doomer to me.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:24:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The reverse could be said about the "flu bros". Anyone who is intelligent, honest and objective should be quick to point out how much reported information varies, how the two largest outbreaks are being hidden from the world (Iran and China) and that there are many unknowns at this point.

What is known is that this stuff is bad news for most people over 25, the US economy and world economy are getting an ass whoopin that isn't going to stop soon and the resulting fallout from that may be far worse than the virus itself.
View Quote

Also, Mexico and India. Very little data.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:25:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sorry bro, you don't get to shift the goal posts.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:27:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I see a helluva lot more hate in GD from the Doomers toward the "flu bros" than the other way around.
View Quote

YOU"RE WRONG!!!! TWO WEEKS!

Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:27:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Good.

Doomers can go to hell because they assume anyone not 100% on the same page as them is a "flu bro" who denies everything about COVID19.  GD binary thinking at its finest.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:27:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

^ No.

Under 50, the virus has an almost 100% survival rate.

You can probably dig up a couple unusual exceptions to this rule, but they are exceptions.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:28:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh well.

YMMV

If you look at my actual post history (and not your made up, on the spot "recollection"), you will see I've argued both sides of the coin. Thats called "discussion" or Devil's Advocate, and its a little more genuine and different than the knee-jerk try-hard binary tribalism you've hitched your wagon to.

Troll less. Think more.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:28:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

RUINT I SAY!!! ROOONT!

Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:29:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

This will go down as the biggest scam perpetrated on the WORLD in our history.
View Quote
Fixed it for you!
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:30:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Sorry bro, you don't get to shift the goal posts.
View Quote

I'm not making predictions on how this turns out. Why bother right or wrong it won't matter. It's stupid to argue over it. I just get sick of reading doomer shit posts like yours about how this is the end of the economy.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:33:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

lol - that says more about your wife than anything else
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is a program for people unable to get into graduate school programs to work with scientists (more cheap slave labor) and allegedly get the skills and knowledge needed to actually get into a grad program. My wife has not been impressed by the ones she's had to mentor.

lol - that says more about your wife than anything else

So in what field is your fellowship?
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:34:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You don’t even have a fucking clue what a doomed is do ya bro? You just like to copy what the other cool middle schoolers here say huh? Makes you feel cool huh? I bet you are one of the ones who parrots all the other cool GD catch phrases too huh? You are so special.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Doomers are going to be sad.

You don’t even have a fucking clue what a doomed is do ya bro? You just like to copy what the other cool middle schoolers here say huh? Makes you feel cool huh? I bet you are one of the ones who parrots all the other cool GD catch phrases too huh? You are so special.

This is the most fabulously ironic post I’ve seen yet from a dyed-in-the-wool Doomer
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:34:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Lol.

Some on GD have no idea what the upper and lower confidence levels mean on the death projections. Nor do they understand that the projections incorporate/curve fit actual deaths on a daily basis.

New York leads the way. In the next 7 days, NY's death rate is projected to peak and start declining. We will know if that happens in 7 days (April 10th).
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:35:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I have been looking at that data because it was based on deaths and not idiotic projections with WAG mortality rates.  I figured it was pretty solid data.  It predicted under 100K which IMO is a "nothing-burger," meaning not worth killing the economy and giving up all our rights.  Now it might be even more of a nothing-burger.

I don't rush to things, not even gloating.  But people rushed to kill the economy, eliminate several amendments to the US constitution and put us 2 trillion deeper in debt.  I expect that from the crop of teener freeloaders, but it is some posters that I had serious respect for
View Quote

Panic is a seductive mistress
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:35:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

RUINT I SAY!!! ROOONT!

View Quote

OMG its EXPOLENSHUL

That's not some bullshit guess from someone who is to stupid to realize how important the denominator is in calculating mortality rate.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:35:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Still looking for a stack of cv19 bodies or a mass grave anywhere in the world full of cv19 vics.

Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:37:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Good.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good.

Realists should be extremely happy that there’s quicker hope for recovery
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:37:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:39:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is what pisses me off the most. God forbid you mention any kind of statement that doesn't measure up to their flubro mentality or  you're labeled a Doomer.

Most definitely
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:39:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

OMG its EXPOLENSHUL

https://www.commondreams.org/sites/default/files/styles/cd_large/public/views-article/unemployment_skyrocket.jpg?itok=oVqmlC_Y

That's not some bullshit guess from someone who is to stupid to realize how important the denominator is in calculating mortality rate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

RUINT I SAY!!! ROOONT!

OMG its EXPOLENSHUL

https://www.commondreams.org/sites/default/files/styles/cd_large/public/views-article/unemployment_skyrocket.jpg?itok=oVqmlC_Y

So the economy is... doomed, then??

Sounds like a doomer to me!

Dude, face it, you're just a doomer of a different flavor.

Relax, everything will be fine. We're still in "wait and see" mode.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:41:52 PM EDT
[#35]
The same people who are controlling what virus data to put into the computer (the garbage in part) are the same people who control the man made global warming data input.

It is all being manipulated by a few people with very bad intentions.

For the nonbelievers, you are being used ...get ready to be put down and have a government boot on your neck.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:43:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

So the economy is... doomed, then??

Sounds like a doomer to me!

Dude, face it, you're just a doomer of a different flavor.

Relax, everything will be fine. We're still in "wait and see" mode.
View Quote

Sorry you don't know what a denominator is
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:44:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Sorry you don't know what a denominator DOOMINATOR is
View Quote

FIFY.

Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:44:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I beg to differ.

That's still 'global warming'
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This will go down as the biggest scam perpetrated on the American people in our history.

I beg to differ.

That's still 'global warming'

There has been Global Warming for the past 15,000 years ..... it is real.

"Man made Global Warming is not real.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:45:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

LOL - you thought he was smart?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trump is being led around like an idiot.  He is basically that drs Fausto or whatever the hell his name is, little bitch.  I thought he was smarter than this.

LOL - you thought he was smart?
Well, he's flying around on Airforce One, his wife is a supermodel, he's loved by millions and pretty wealthy, so...
But you do you.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:50:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Hasn't OP been in threads preaching doom and gloom?
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:51:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

*snip*

Edit 2: And you will never see a government leader face the nation and say “We just don’t know. People will die. Life must go on.”
View Quote

This is an excellent point.  I agree completely, and would add it’s a sad testament to how the comfort and ease of modern life has diluted the strength of the American character.  

Our society has grown so addicted to a powerful central Government as a parent/protector/moral compass/etc, we have ceded much of the fundamental characteristics that originally spawned this great experiment.

Unwinding that will be tedious, lengthy, and daunting
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 12:51:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Good.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good.

+1

Doomers are more concerned about people not as scared as they are than they are about the virus.

Put doomers together and they work very hard at out doomering each other. It’s the weirdest kind of virtue signaling ive ever seen.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 1:00:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Oh well.

YMMV
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Oh well.

YMMV

The course this country has taken over the last 4-6 weeks has been one of (a) conjecture and (b) fear.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 1:01:52 PM EDT
[#44]
A local hospital has been running a small study on surgery patients and swab them when they are under. 40% of the patients (all asymptomatic) were positive for COVID-19. Don’t know the sample size or how long they’ve been doing this. But they are all wearing PPE all the time now. But since everyone else is throwing “data” out there...

My belief is that it’s everywhere whether we like it or not.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 1:03:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Lol.

Some on GD have no idea what the upper and lower confidence levels mean on the death projections. Nor do they understand that the projections incorporate/curve fit actual deaths on a daily basis.

New York leads the way. In the next 7 days, NY's death rate is projected to peak and start declining. We will know if that happens in 7 days (April 10th).
View Quote

Lol.  Upper and Lower confidence levels?   Sounds like a Democrat pollster.

I predict that this hurricane season, there will be between 1 and 26 named storms.

When do I get the “meteorologist of the year” award?
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 1:06:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Reminds me of 2016 and Trump threads.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good.

Reminds me of 2016 and Trump threads.

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed this.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 1:06:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
A local hospital has been running a small study on surgery patients and swab them when they are under. 40% of the patients (all asymptomatic) were positive for COVID-19. Don’t know the sample size or how long they’ve been doing this. But they are all wearing PPE all the time now. But since everyone else is throwing “data” out there...

View Quote

@frayedknot

Fascinating, do you have a cite?  That’s a study I want to read
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 1:06:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Im not qualified to comment on this, but I'd really be surprised if the WH is only using ONE model for their projections when they have their own team of epidemiologists as well as other gov't agencies at their disposal for to generate their own data and Im pretty sure I heard Dr. Birx say they are basing their data off "multiple models".  I'd also be extremely surprised if they are "only" going by NYC numbers and are not taking into account the global data available.

View Quote
On Tuesday when Birx showed the graphs she flat out said their models were based on NY and NJ while showing them to be clear anomalies in relation to the other 48 states.

Just like they used Italy's numbers before...

Bottom line- living in a densely populated area under socialist rule is bad for you. There's your common denominator.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 1:14:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

+1

Doomers are more concerned about people not as scared as they are than they are about the virus.

Put doomers together and they work very hard at out doomering each other. It’s the weirdest kind of virtue signaling ive ever seen.
View Quote

Meh, I'm convinced that most Doomers are people that are of ill health or have led an unhealthy lifestyle and are now afraid that it's going to bite them in the ass. They are trying to project their fear and anyone that doesn't agree with them is a "Flu bro".

Or, they are a combination of elderly (I don't like the term Boomers), liberal,or never Trumpers that see this as their best chance to get the "Orange man bad" message out before Nov 2020.

ETA Look at the hard-core Doomers here. Most of them have an early 200X join date, making them likely an older subset of the equation.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 1:24:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

@frayedknot

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@frayedknot

Nope. Not sure how formal it is or if they were just compiling the data to determine their risk. Related to me by a personal friend.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top