Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:29:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy real estate.
Like yesterday.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:29:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I was going to replace a deck last spring, then I priced lumber and decided to hold off till the stupidity passed. Priced it again the other day and a 1x6x18 composite decking board was $10 cheaper than a pressure treated board of the same measurements.

They've fucked shit up so bad it's near unbelievable.
View Quote

1x6?    that is thin.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:30:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
And good old Uncle Joe, the Ho and their merry band of democrat retards will get to own the coming shit show, all of it. Lets see how popular the dems are come the 2022 midterms.
View Quote

Curbside ballot drop boxes and ballots mailed to every registered voter (dead or alive) says they'll clean up. Gotta stay safe from the 15th wave of the Democrat Virus.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:30:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Undeveloped land, crypto, and PMs in that order, distributed.
View Quote

@Layer60   I have undeveloped land, that I’m not selling, and I don’t know much about pm-s.  I know more about brain surgery than I do about crypto.  And I don’t know shit about brain surgery.  My son does the Bitcoin thing and has made some ??.  I’m gonna see if I can find some good land deals around my farm.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:31:13 PM EDT
[#5]
This almost seems like the economy has been running too smoothly despite their best efforts to derail things. Something like this and some coordinated selloffs could really do a number on the economy.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:31:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Bring it! We’ve sunk $200k into Bitcoin and Ethereum since Jan 19th.

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:31:42 PM EDT
[#7]
That's been obvious for a while, yet the stock market hit all time highs yet again today.

More money has piled into the stock market in the last 5 months, than the last 12 years combined.

Yeah, people are real concerned.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:32:06 PM EDT
[#8]
We are all going to be millionaires.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:32:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Need to find that torch and pitchfork !
I guess a shovel will substitute.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:33:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

1x6?    that is thin.
View Quote

Pretty standard for decking.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:33:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Wow... If they're talking about it, it's gonna be real fucking bad.
View Quote

CPI report comes out tomorrow.

Chairman of the Federal Reserve recently stated he's "comfortable" with an inflation rate >2.0% since it has run less than that. Every year your dollar will buy less and less. Heads should roll.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:35:24 PM EDT
[#12]
They're just priming the pump for the great reset!  That's all this is - get ready, it's coming.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:35:58 PM EDT
[#13]
It sucks. But if we are ever to get rid of these bastards, the tard's who voted for them need to get hit hard in the wallet.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:36:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

yeah....that's the first thing that ran through my twisted brain when I read the thread title.

ffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.....

oh well

Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:37:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
That's been obvious for a while, yet the stock market hit all time highs yet again today.

More money has piled into the stock market in the last 5 months, than the last 12 years combined.

Yeah, people are real concerned.
View Quote

Didn't something like this happen in October 1929 ??

kwg
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:38:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Silver/gold
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:39:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
We are all going to be millionaires.
View Quote
Billionaires even.
Too bad a clapped out, primer red Toyota Corolla will be $4.5 Billion.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:40:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Don't worry ...... THEY have a PLAN.

But YOU ain't gonna like it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:40:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Coming inflation?

I got a six inch sub and drink at Subway today for $10. Tell me more about future inflation.
View Quote

Right!!!
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:41:11 PM EDT
[#20]
I feel vindicated for being a deflationist now. The retarded economists at the White House think inflation is coming.

Until the Fed is actually monetizes the debt, which requires a change in law, interest rates will continue going to zero across the curve.

Yes, it still ends in hyper inflation but there are a few other acts to play out first.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:42:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I can live on fried bologna and small can of pork n beanz.  

I do need good coffee beanz though.

Time to save cash.
View Quote

Wrong. During times of inflation cash is worthless. Stuff is what you want now (esp. hard goods, food, and real estate) before your small can of beans is $100,000.00 Biden bucks.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:42:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Wait until they are forced to raise interest rates to stem inflation and no one will buy our printed money and the tax revenue won't pay for the social services all the unemployed people are demanding.

You only thought that 401k and savings account was your personal property. Maybe, if we are lucky, they will give us a tax credit for it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:43:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Coming inflation?

I got a six inch sub and drink at Subway today for $10. Tell me more about future inflation.
View Quote
Start adding zeros
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:44:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

At least triple whatever numbers they're giving.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:45:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Yeah, you raise minimum wage by at least 50% and then you make gas go up by $0.75 or a dollar and you have inflation, Wala! it's a miracle.
All I have is a four-year bachelor's degree in economics and that was 43 years ago, and even I can figure this stuff out.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:45:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

I kept saying for the past year - either business school was a complete waste of time and money, or things are going to get much worse before they get better.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:45:44 PM EDT
[#27]
The wine i normally buy went up 20% in a week.

Prepare for the fuckening.

Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:45:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

do you even DeFi bro?
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:47:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Don't worry ...... THEY have a PLAN.

But YOU ain't gonna like it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:47:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Can't wait to break $10/gallon.
View Quote

And don't forget the new mileage tax so they can catch all the electric cars and efficient internal combustion vehicles. Nobody rides for free!
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:47:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I can live on fried bologna and small can of pork n beanz.  

I do need good coffee beanz though.

Time to save cash.
View Quote

Actually not time to save cash... quite the opposite. If inflation is coming the best thing is to spend your cash on goods now and load up on debt. Sound familiar...?

I like this quote:

"we expect measured inflation to increase somewhat, primarily due to three different temporary factors: base effects, supply chain disruptions, and pent-up demand,"

Sure, the multiple trillions of dollars printed into existence has nothing to do with it...
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:48:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

During Trump's time that would have been a foot long sub.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Coming inflation?

During Trump's time that would have been a foot long sub.

I just got a 12” meatball for $6.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:48:55 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm a full Dave Ramsey anti-debt acolyte.

In the past 12 months I took out a car note and used a HELOC to do a small renovation on my house. I could have paid cash for both, but at 2.99% on each I think it is a decent hedge against inflation. I have no desire to pay it off early.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:50:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:50:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Has nothing to do with the $6 TRILLION the government blew on shit not related to Covid, not related to helping Americans, not even being spent in the USA.    

I mean, if "infrastructure" is so important, then why did $50 million go to studying trans persons in Pakistan, instead of going to bridges and roads?

They are knowingly destabilizing the US Dollar, remember it was Barack and Joe who were at the helm when the US $ was downgraded in rating.

They are intentionally destabilizing the USA while Communist China Rich and Middle Class GROW.

The Yen gets stronger.

The Peoples' Liberation Army gets stronger and more modern while they destroy US Military capability.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:51:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Teh rising cost of gasoline doesn't affect me, 'cuz I only put in $20 at a time.
View Quote

I flunked Algebra also.

Twice.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:53:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Anyone actually read the conclusion?

"We think the likeliest outlook over the next several months is for inflation to rise modestly due to the three temporary factors we discuss above, and to fade back to a lower pace thereafter as actual inflation begins to run more in line with longer-run expectations. Such a transitory rise in inflation would be consistent with some prior episodes in American history coming out of a pandemic or when the labor market has quickly shifted, such as demobilization from wars."
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:54:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Uhm... shit.

Buy bitcoin and gold.
View Quote

Unless they're using this as a scare tactic to drive the prepared to pour their money into those things, then they outlaw Bitcoin and confiscate all the gold...

I wouldn't put anything past them now, freaking 3D chess global tyranny we're dealing with.

And as for inflation... today I traded 500 rds of plinker 9mm for a 357. So I think it's already here.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:55:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
hopefully we will get more money so this won't effect us.
View Quote

I ike the way you think.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:56:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
And good old Uncle Joe, the Ho and their merry band of democrat retards will get to own the coming shit show, all of it. Lets see how popular the dems are come the 2022 midterms.
View Quote
They seem to be running a dictatorship without any fears of any kind of electoral backlash.

I wonder why that is.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:56:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Things must be really fucking bad in their forecasts to be so upfront about this.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:57:55 PM EDT
[#42]
All that then the gov't says to look at the bond market for guidance, OMFG, go buy a $10 crooked split knotted up 8 ft two by four and then get back to us about inflation indicators...
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:58:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
And cue the stock market taking a shit
View Quote

Isn't that where everyone will be putting their money?
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:59:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
They seem to be running a dictatorship without any fears of any kind of electoral backlash.

I wonder why that is.
View Quote

All they have to do is "win" dem controlled swing states MI WI PA again with a few more. Kamala for 2 terms is coming.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 9:03:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Great use of your stimulus checks.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 9:04:17 PM EDT
[#46]
So basically they’re saying “we’re going to see high inflation for the rest of the year but won’t do anything about it until it’s too late and you’re all fucked.”
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 9:05:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Like everything else, Government can’t even do a decent job at causing inflation.

Link Posted: 4/12/2021 9:05:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And cue the stock market taking a shit

Probably.

It's much easier for most people to invest there than in farmland, PM's, etc.  Though crypto is also fairly easy now.

Link Posted: 4/12/2021 9:06:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 9:07:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Where to put your investment dollars to keep up with inflation?
View Quote

Turn it into debt.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top