User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 4/28/2024 9:19:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SAE]
Man, I know I am and my back hurts too.

Active life happy wife or something like that.

Need to eat better and cardio this week for certain.

How about y'all?

Maybe I can get a rub down tonight no extra charge for doing about fourteen work orders around here today as well.

It feels good to be done but not that damn good as far as I can tell.

Thanks,
Go.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:21:19 PM EDT
[#1]
nope I typically feel pretty good, guess you're just an old man
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:22:01 PM EDT
[#2]
It ain’t the years, hon - it’s the mileage.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:23:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Everything hurts, everything is going to shit.

FML.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:24:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:25:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm closing in on 61 and everything hurts. My dad always says "growing old ain't for sissies." He is right as usual.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:25:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I been resting all weekend. Didn't do shit really. So I feel good.

Ask me end of next week.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:26:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:27:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Rained here this weekend so I'm not sore at all. Nothing to do.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:27:29 PM EDT
[#9]
My elbow.   Fuck you to whatever I smacked it on.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:28:16 PM EDT
[#10]
It's not a question of if my back hurts, it's how bad does it hurt?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:29:09 PM EDT
[#11]
I just spent about 7 hours organizing my ammo fort and reloading supplies. My back is on fire. But the good news is I have it done.  Damn ammo is heavy.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:30:43 PM EDT
[#12]
If you're not sore, you might be living a boring life. I'm a little bit sore today. Pulled the boat, fussed around getting the zodiac on the cabin, got it all prepped for King crab today. The old Chev has a dead battery and we didn't want to deal with the charger,  so we pushed it out of the way to add diesel to the house tank.
BUT, without my wife and her tenacity to help, I would be a worthless man. Life...is...good!!!
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:30:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Not me.  I didn't do shit this weekend.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:31:38 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm sore every damn day...but it's called arthritis (knees). Plus I have a bad hip and my lower back always hurts.

However, I got down on my knees in the floor to turn my desk from being on legs to floating (using big-ass, steel L brackets). That wasn't fun, but I got it done. Then, I got down on my knees, again, in the bathroom to replace the leaking shut-off valve for the toilet. That wasn't fun, either. But again, I got it done.

Yes, my knees hurt (as they always do). But I suck it up and do what I need to do. And I'm usually bad about overdoing things because in my mind, I'm still a teenager that's basically indestructible. My stamina for doing labor is shit, nowadays...but I still get on with it. And in the summer, if I'm working out in the yard, that usually means I get too hot and get a headache. But once I start, I don't like to stop until I'm done.

So yes, I'm sore all the time. But I keep going. Because what the else am I gonna do? Stop and just wither away? Fuck all that!
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:34:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:34:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hillbilly62] [#16]
I fell this Saturday off a 16’ ladder. Sternum is sore, leg bruised, left side is bruised. I’ll survive. Working on a shelter, we were putting up the 2X4 slats for the tin.

I’m not a millennial, I’m a boomer! Mowed grass where I got home today. Sore yes, no whiner.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:35:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Digging by hand. Considered renting an excavator but where's the exercise in that?

Hard work is it's own reward.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:37:37 PM EDT
[#18]
I was supposed to deadlift today, but my kids were napping and I didn't want to wake them, so instead I did 3 sets of "duck walks" (essentially only the bottom portion of walking lunges), 5 sets of "sissy squats," and 5 sets on the Roman Chair.

I'm exhausted, and my quads are likely going to be in fire for 48 hours, at least.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:38:50 PM EDT
[#19]
I've spent the last three days laying flooring for 10 hours a day. I'm about as sore as it gets.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:41:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MethaneMover:
My elbow.   Fuck you to whatever I smacked it on.
View Quote

My elbow and my knee. Blocking kicks. But I know who the asshole was..
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:52:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:
I've spent the last three days laying flooring for 10 hours a day. I'm about as sore as it gets.
View Quote

Ill bet.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:52:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By DrKlahn:

FML.
View Quote

Me too.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:53:14 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm pretty much sore all the time.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:54:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Im sore every day. Comes with the territory. ZFG
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:55:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Tuesday was my first time in a squat rack in 2 years, today is better but I never dreamed I could wreck myself that bad.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:01:11 PM EDT
[#26]
I had 4 games in a hockey tournament this weekend. I am sore and a little bruised.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:02:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CouncilOfDave] [#27]
I'm always sore. Is fine.

It starts mostly dissipating by Sunday, but right back to it tomorrow morning.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:03:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By DrKlahn:

FML.
View Quote

Feel the same way much of my waking hours. Sometimes I wonder if I have Lyme’s disease.
Horse Liniment is your friend. It’s Super Icy-Hot. Stuff just works. Apply with gloves and DON’T get any in your eyes or mouth.:
Rotate between Ibuprofen and Advil. Ice baths are a miracle relief , but take some  discipline to do. Would love to do cryotherapy
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:05:03 PM EDT
[#29]
C2 thru C7 and S1 to L5 fusions. I'm in pain every single day.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:07:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: intheburbs] [#30]
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:07:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By BloodRaven:
I'm sore every damn day...but it's called arthritis (knees). Plus I have a bad hip and my lower back always hurts.

However, I got down on my knees in the floor to turn my desk from being on legs to floating (using big-ass, steel L brackets). That wasn't fun, but I got it done. Then, I got down on my knees, again, in the bathroom to replace the leaking shut-off valve for the toilet. That wasn't fun, either. But again, I got it done.

Yes, my knees hurt (as they always do). But I suck it up and do what I need to do. And I'm usually bad about overdoing things because in my mind, I'm still a teenager that's basically indestructible. My stamina for doing labor is shit, nowadays...but I still get on with it. And in the summer, if I'm working out in the yard, that usually means I get too hot and get a headache. But once I start, I don't like to stop until I'm done.

So yes, I'm sore all the time. But I keep going. Because what the else am I gonna do? Stop and just wither away? Fuck all that!
View Quote

Also this…
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:08:03 PM EDT
[#32]
jeffg is
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:10:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Someone call my chiropractor
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:10:16 PM EDT
[#34]
I've for a fairly large kidney stone on the right side, and it hurts like a mofo.  Surgery is Tuesday and needs to hurry up.

So fuck all y'all and your little pussy injuries.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:14:53 PM EDT
[#35]
I volunteer at a local kickball league for girls 4 to 18.  Teams from as far south as Brownsville and from northern Tarrant county came to Austin to play on our four fields this weekend.  It was a rainout today, but yesterday we had ten games on each of our four fields.  I had help, but marking and wetting down (to keep dust at bay) four fields every 1.25 hours is a lot for this 56-year-old.  But not too bad overall. Working out regularly helps.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:16:21 PM EDT
[#36]
All of the fun shit I did in my teens, twenties, and thirties is catching up to me. Everything hurts all of the time. That's how I know I'm still alive. Ain't it great?

Sure beats the alternative.
I may hobble around like an old man, but I still have the fire and the passion.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:18:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Whiskeyballzzz:
C2 thru C7 and S1 to L5 fusions. I'm in pain every single day.
View Quote

This is in my future…

Depends on what doc says is the more necessary surgery.

Dont have a whole lot of sensation of having to pee like i use to during the night, but also my hands are falling asleep at night….

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:19:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Several hours of beekeeping today.
Installed a nuc I picked up last night.  
Also try to get a split going with a bee queen that I also got last night.
Some of the boxes were pretty heavy.   Lots of bees, plus they are storing away nectar and pollen.
It was the hottest day so far this year, wearing the bee suit, plus the stress of having thousands of angry bees all over my hood and face veil, intent on trying to kill me.  They were not happy.
Also found and captured a swarm from one of my hives.   They formed up just as I got up to my garden and started moving my stuff from the truck to the garden where the bee hives are.    And they had to all congregate on a fence post and the cyclone fence on the post, just about the worst possible situation to try and collect those bees.   Mostly people find them on a tree, sometimes on the side of a building.  Somehow I got the queen using a soft brush to sweep bees into a small nuc box, and after many tries i see the other bees making their way into the box, thosands of them, like a  little procession.   Will see if they stayed after work tomorrow.. you get the queen, the rest will go to her.
I was whupped to dehydrated for some time.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:24:33 PM EDT
[#39]
So there was this mouse in our house, specifically the kids' room, and it died.

Dead mice STINK!

In spite of that, we couldn't find it.  I thought it might have gone into the eaves to die in peace.  In our house, that part is an open triangular space with no entrances, just dead inaccessible space.

In my search for the dead mouse, I cut a hole in that wall to get in and look for it.

No dead mice.  Some fallen roof insulation, bare joists...and Briskette's head peeking in and saying "Honey, if you put a floor in here, think how much storage space it would be!"

76 inches wide on the floor.  30 feet long.  Maximum height of 60 inches.  And there was no way to get full sheets of plywood in there, I had to cut them in half (and even then it was a tight fit).  That significantly increases how many screws I need.

And I'm no carpenter.  Or electrician (had to rewire an outlet and install a switch first so I could string lights to see what I was doing).

Three days either on hands and knees (can't stand up in there) or carrying plywood from the back yard up a flight of stairs.

And I still need to replace the missing insulation and put something to hold it in place that's more substantial than the original cardboard left over from the original shingles that went on the house 60 or 70 years ago.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:37:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Muscle relaxers
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:38:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Gouged one of my knuckles pretty good last night changing the oil on the wife’s rig, trying to get the job done without the proper tool for the oil filter housing.

I ordered the correct tool for next time. Got the job done fine, but sometimes the specialized tools are well worth it. Will probably hurt to make a fist for a week or so with this gouge.

Also strained my rotator cuff, which is starting to become a more regular issue than I’d like for my age. Need to look into exercises for it, because right now it’s just tendinitis-ish, I know it’s not a tear yet.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:42:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Being sore is normal.
Not being sore is the problem.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:45:44 PM EDT
[#43]
2 mile hilly trail run this morning and I just finished a chest/triceps/abs weight lifting session after work. Slightly sore but mostly just tired.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:45:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Leisure_Shoot] [#44]
I'm sore over what's happened to my country in the past 50 years
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:46:23 PM EDT
[#45]
I was sore yesterday
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:46:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hillbilly62] [#46]
Damnit….i don’t remember posting this.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:54:36 PM EDT
[#47]
I’ve got a few herniated discs in my lower back, it always hurts.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:00:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hillbilly62] [#48]
Deleted
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:01:09 PM EDT
[#49]
DOMS is legit. Friday was leg day and I’m still suffering.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:02:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hillbilly62] [#50]
Deleted
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top