BCM
User Panel

Who watches Anime? (Page 347 of 763)
Page / 763
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 6:14:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By greybear:
Kuma^3 bear and Bofuri are both a must for the 10 year old listt.  I have watched it with my 10 year old.

Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions (Chniby demo Koi ga Shitai!) is probably near that age too.

View Quote

There's nothing about Love Chunibyo that would be inappropriate for a kid.

Though they probably won't appreciate what the show is actually about.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 6:24:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By greybear:
Kuma^3 bear and Bofuri are both a must for the 10 year old listt.  I have watched it with my 10 year old.

Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions (Chniby demo Koi ga Shitai!) is probably near that age too.

Agreed.  I listed Bear and Bofuri because they're age appropriate AND I think there's a very good chance a little kid would enjoy it.

They might enjoy Chunibyo, but I'd be less confident.  They'll definitely miss some of the humor.  
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 9:19:54 PM EDT
[#3]
How the hell have I not run across panty and stocking with garter belt before? It is so funny, crude, silly and entertaining all at the  same time!! Repent motherfucker!!
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 9:27:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DragoMuseveni] [#4]
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:
Well I hope you enjoy your 15 year old MC with the voice of a 40 year old woman enough to wait two months for the dub to finish S1.

Maple is from BOFURI: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense. Similar to Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DprvdDgnrt:

Eh, so does everyone that comes in contact with Yuna and her show isn't boring.

I almost included Maple too, but then I thought about it and reached the conclusion that of all the people she encountered she probably causes more harm than good to their mental well being.

Okay man can't argue with you there I have plans to finish bear isekia for sure 3 episodes in so far and I'm glad that you got me to start it, but since we aren't agreeing I gotta let you know that I like the dub! I think that voice coming out of the MC makes her seem super chill in spite of being sent to another world ...... it just makes me happy lol that said I may have a different perspective because I started with the dub

Maple?
Well I hope you enjoy your 15 year old MC with the voice of a 40 year old woman enough to wait two months for the dub to finish S1.

Maple is from BOFURI: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense. Similar to Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear.
I actually watched the first episode of the Bear anime and was thinking the main character was a Washu or something.
Nope.

Link Posted: 2/11/2021 9:30:20 PM EDT
[#5]

I've had this song stuck in my head for almost 20 years now.

You are welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzV9ug9BQds
View Quote

wow that is surprisingly similar to (but not quite as good as) Humanity has Declined's ED

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Humanity has declined creditless ending
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 9:34:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By treemydawg:
How the hell have I not run across panty and stocking with garter belt before? It is so funny, crude, silly and entertaining all at the  same time!! Repent motherfucker!!
View Quote

The ride is worth the most Gainax ending ever.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 9:49:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By DragoMuseveni:
I actually watched the first episode of the Bear anime and was thinking the main character was a Washu or something.
Nope.
View All Quotes

I almost included Maple too, but then I thought about it and reached the conclusion that of all the people she encountered she probably causes more harm than good to their mental well being.

Okay man can't argue with you there I have plans to finish bear isekia for sure 3 episodes in so far and I'm glad that you got me to start it, but since we aren't agreeing I gotta let you know that I like the dub! I think that voice coming out of the MC makes her seem super chill in spite of being sent to another world ...... it just makes me happy lol that said I may have a different perspective because I started with the dub

Maple?

Nope.

Link Posted: 2/11/2021 10:03:31 PM EDT
[#8]

https://i.imgur.com/DM1kIWM.gif
View All Quotes

Maple?

Nope.

Washu from Tenchi Muyo.

Link Posted: 2/11/2021 10:19:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Just watched the To Love Ru "All Quiet on the Sister Front" episode.

Rito got up in there. damn.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 10:20:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Is that even a question haha of course Gianax’s magnum opus should be enjoyed dubbed even if you highly prefer subs this is a show where the dub just makes the show so much more funny sorry for posting a clip with BEEPED bad words but you get the picture

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msWbNfEOFlk
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By barnbwt:

"Who's flippin' them greenbacks, lookin' like a pimp?"

Weebly Survey; dub or no dub on this show?

Is that even a question haha of course Gianax’s magnum opus should be enjoyed dubbed even if you highly prefer subs this is a show where the dub just makes the show so much more funny sorry for posting a clip with BEEPED bad words but you get the picture

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msWbNfEOFlk

Agree, though the sub is also damn funny.

Any other shows getting the Shin Chan humor treatment, these days?  The world needs more of that.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 10:21:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Washu from Tenchi Muyo.

View All Quotes

Maple?

Nope.

Washu from Tenchi Muyo.

Yeah, that's the only thing that came up in a google search for it, but then all I could find was:

The name "Washū" is an ancient one for Japan; specifically, the region around Osaka. The name "Hakubi" was derived from the name of a train line, the Hakubi Line. When translated, Washū means "eagle-feather", and hakubi means "excellence".

Which didn't really tell me how the MC of Bear was a "Washu." Sorry, but you'll need to explain a bit more for me to get it.

Link Posted: 2/11/2021 10:23:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By treemydawg:
View Quote

The trial/quiz show episode was sheer brilliance, start to finish.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 10:25:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Washu from Tenchi Muyo.

View All Quotes

Maple?

Nope.

Washu from Tenchi Muyo.

That's a blast from the past.  I recall watching that wacky series being akin to shocking oneself in the head with a car battery.

Such a weird concept how they kept reusing the same cast in different storylines.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 10:27:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: barnbwt] [#14]

Yeah, that's the only thing that came up in a google search for it, but then all I could find was:

Which didn't really tell me how the MC of Bear was a "Washu." Sorry, but you'll need to explain a bit more for me to get it.

https://media.tenor.com/images/826fac83ce2032a51d1663541167acdd/tenor.gif
View All Quotes

Maple?

Nope.

Washu from Tenchi Muyo.

The name "Washū" is an ancient one for Japan; specifically, the region around Osaka. The name "Hakubi" was derived from the name of a train line, the Hakubi Line. When translated, Washū means "eagle-feather", and hakubi means "excellence".

Arrogant old mad scientist lady of incalculable power masquerading as a young girl for kicks, basically.

No clue how it relates to the other show.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 10:29:50 PM EDT
[#15]

Arrogant old lady of incalculable power masquerading as a young girl for kicks, basically.
View All Quotes

Maple?

Nope.

Washu from Tenchi Muyo.

Arrogant old lady of incalculable power masquerading as a young girl for kicks, basically.

Ah, gotcha. Because of the old voice the MC in Bear had despite being a 15 year old.  Now it makes sense.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 10:42:39 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

Rito can’t fool me with that sleeping bullshit......... him and his savage fingers
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 11:11:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By JPN:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/64025/yurucamps2e6_jpg-1820211.JPG

No new locations, this episode.

If I'm not mistaken, all three chairs are Alite models, with one being the same (but different color) as Rin's.  That one is the Alite Mayfly, which was apparently discontinued not long after the first season aired (used on ebay is the only place I have seen it, in a while).  The one that is similar, but without the front leg, is an Alite Monarch, which was available for a while after the Mayfly was discontinued, but also seems to now be discontinued.  I think the taller one is an Alite Mantis, but there are similar chairs from other companies.

And if it wasn't mentioned before (can't remember if it was identified when the first season was airing), Rin's little grill is a Sho's A4 Bonfire Grill.  Unlike the pricey discontinued chairs, the grill is still available, but is apparently Japanese market only and even more pricey than the chairs (tends to run a bit over $200 on ebay, with shipping from Japan).  The similar Sho's B6 is less expensive on ebay, but it is smaller (sized more for backpacking).
View Quote

Did I misunderstand or did I just watch them all sleep inside a running car in order to escape the cold?

Carbon monoxide poisoning anyone?

The club advisor teacher was certainly in no condition to drive - if that were in the US in most jurisdictions that would have been a DUI rap (but yes, I do know that there are many differences between US and Japanese alcohol-related laws and customs, for example I had a great time sharing a bottle of fresh, unpasteurized sake with my sister and her husband as we were sitting at a table in a Kyoto public children’s park one warm autumn evening - which the hotel concierge assured us was OK to do, but which would have been unthinkable in the US, on a number of levels).

Link Posted: 2/11/2021 11:12:54 PM EDT
[#18]

Rito can’t fool me with that sleeping bullshit......... him and his savage fingers
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 2/11/2021 11:22:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By targetworks:
Did I misunderstand or did I just watch them all sleep inside a running car in order to escape the cold?

View Quote

You can sleep in a running vehicle, just don't sleep in a running vehicle in a confined, unventilated space.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 11:25:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By brasscrossedrifles:

You can sleep in a running vehicle, just don't sleep in a running vehicle in a confined, unventilated space.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By brasscrossedrifles:

With or without the vents pumping in air from the outside? I’ve read news stories of people being overcome in such situations...

Link Posted: 2/11/2021 11:42:09 PM EDT
[#21]

Ah, gotcha. Because of the old voice the MC in Bear had despite being a 15 year old.  Now it makes sense.  Thanks.
View All Quotes

Maple?

Nope.

Washu from Tenchi Muyo.

I saw Tenchi Muyo GXP first. At the time I thought it was kind of WTF, but having gone back it's really not. Before I re-watched it I checked out the original OVA/show. I can see why the show is still popular. I did it all with subs, so the first time I heard the English voice actors was in their cameo episode in GPX. Holy shit, that was not what I was expecting those characters to sound like. Washu sounds kind of like a young Roseanne Barr. All the OG cast sound off. Some are down right terrible. Here is the ep in question. Washu shows up at 5:15.

Link Posted: 2/11/2021 11:51:42 PM EDT
[#22]

With or without the vents pumping in air from the outside? I’ve read news stories of people being overcome in such situations...

View Quote

Maybe if the car had rotten floor panels/exhaust leaks ..... I’ve slept in my car a fair bit and in winter it was always on and I didn’t even die once
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 12:16:07 AM EDT
[#23]

Maybe if the car had rotten floor panels/exhaust leaks ..... I’ve slept in my car a fair bit and in winter it was always on and I didn’t even die once
View All Quotes

How can we be sure of that?

Haven't we all seen enough examples of 'Return by Death' in action to cast some doubt on that assertion...

Link Posted: 2/12/2021 12:42:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 2:17:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JPN] [#25]

View All Quotes

If I'm not mistaken, all three chairs are Alite models, with one being the same (but different color) as Rin's.  That one is the Alite Mayfly, which was apparently discontinued not long after the first season aired (used on ebay is the only place I have seen it, in a while).  The one that is similar, but without the front leg, is an Alite Monarch, which was available for a while after the Mayfly was discontinued, but also seems to now be discontinued.  I think the taller one is an Alite Mantis, but there are similar chairs from other companies.

And if it wasn't mentioned before (can't remember if it was identified when the first season was airing), Rin's little grill is a Sho's A4 Bonfire Grill.  Unlike the pricey discontinued chairs, the grill is still available, but is apparently Japanese market only and even more pricey than the chairs (tends to run a bit over $200 on ebay, with shipping from Japan).  The similar Sho's B6 is less expensive on ebay, but it is smaller (sized more for backpacking).

Safety would depend heavily on the condition of the vehicle, but my father (who was a truck driver) probably did it regularly in the winter.  People that got stranded on interstates in heavy snow have done it (requires making sure your exhaust pipe isn't covered by snow, if you're in something with an exhaust that is low to the ground).

Is it something that has some risk?  Yes.  Is it more risky than the hypothermia they were facing if they didn't do it?  No.  They were on a small peninsula extending out into a lake, so they were open to air movement around them, and if my understanding of the inspection requirements for registering a vehicle in Japan is correct, they weren't likely to have problems with the vehicle condition.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 2:30:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ToledoXJ] [#26]
And I thought Pacino chewed scenery. If you liked kakegurui it's disturbingly accurate

Full movie
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 2:30:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Commander_Keen:
Thanks for all the daughter-friendly recommendations, all! I do appreciate them all, but keep them coming if there are any others.

Watching: Ascendance of a Bookworm & Yurucamp
Recommendations:
A Place Further than the Universe
K-On
Little Witch Acadamia
Non Non Biyori
Nichijou
View Quote
Didn't I Say to Make My Abilities Average in the Next Life

If It's for My Daughter I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord

Mitsuboshi Colors

My Next Life as a Villainess All Routes Lead to Doom!

My Roommate is a Cat

The Demon Girl Next Door

Link Posted: 2/12/2021 2:30:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 2:40:12 AM EDT
[#29]

Well, if you watched 3 episodes of the dub I think you might be out until the next one comes out.  IIRC, there was 3 when I started the series last week so there might be 4 out now.

While Bear is a true Isekai, BOFURI is a video game players can come and go from.  It's basically about a loli who cluelessly starts playing a video game and Mr. Magoos her way to becoming OP AF almost immediately.  Like after playing for about a day she joins this tournament and slaughters hundreds of veteran players.  Imagine if a 10 year old boy had never even held a basketball before and then one day later not only does he look like Michael Jordan, but he makes the competition look like toddlers who can barely walk.  It is even more absurd than Bear which can be better or worse depending on what you're into.

Also while Yuna is alone in her OPness Maple has a team with her.  None are as OP as her, but her BFF isn't that far behind. She was playing the game for a few days and then suddenly she's beating people that had been playing the game for years because reasons.
View All Quotes

Haha nah no plans on waiting I'll just treasure how ever many Milf/Loli/Bear episodes I can get

Ahhh gotchu hmmm how's it compare? If you had to choose Bear show vs Sheild show?

Well, if you watched 3 episodes of the dub I think you might be out until the next one comes out.  IIRC, there was 3 when I started the series last week so there might be 4 out now.

While Bear is a true Isekai, BOFURI is a video game players can come and go from.  It's basically about a loli who cluelessly starts playing a video game and Mr. Magoos her way to becoming OP AF almost immediately.  Like after playing for about a day she joins this tournament and slaughters hundreds of veteran players.  Imagine if a 10 year old boy had never even held a basketball before and then one day later not only does he look like Michael Jordan, but he makes the competition look like toddlers who can barely walk.  It is even more absurd than Bear which can be better or worse depending on what you're into.

Also while Yuna is alone in her OPness Maple has a team with her.  None are as OP as her, but her BFF isn't that far behind. She was playing the game for a few days and then suddenly she's beating people that had been playing the game for years because reasons.
The thing that makes Bofuri so much better than Kuma is that Yuma just does shit and everything goes her way, while Maple is the very personification of the law of unexpected consequences.

Link Posted: 2/12/2021 2:45:11 AM EDT
[#30]

The club advisor teacher was certainly in no condition to drive - if that were in the US in most jurisdictions that would have been a DUI rap (but yes, I do know that there are many differences between US and Japanese alcohol-related laws and customs, for example I had a great time sharing a bottle of fresh, unpasteurized sake with my sister and her husband as we were sitting at a table in a Kyoto public children's park one warm autumn evening - which the hotel concierge assured us was OK to do, but which would have been unthinkable in the US, on a number of levels).

View All Quotes

The club advisor teacher was certainly in no condition to drive - if that were in the US in most jurisdictions that would have been a DUI rap (but yes, I do know that there are many differences between US and Japanese alcohol-related laws and customs, for example I had a great time sharing a bottle of fresh, unpasteurized sake with my sister and her husband as we were sitting at a table in a Kyoto public children's park one warm autumn evening - which the hotel concierge assured us was OK to do, but which would have been unthinkable in the US, on a number of levels).

If it's outside and the car is correctly maintained, It's perfectly safe.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 3:13:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By TheOTHERmaninblack:
The thing that makes Bofuri so much better than Kuma is that Yuma just does shit and everything goes her way, while Maple is the very personification of the law of unexpected consequences.
View All Quotes

Haha nah no plans on waiting I'll just treasure how ever many Milf/Loli/Bear episodes I can get

Ahhh gotchu hmmm how's it compare? If you had to choose Bear show vs Sheild show?

Maple is a combination of Forest Gump and Mr Magoo in loli form.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 9:09:14 AM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

Washu is super old but exists in a child's body because she wants to be cute.
I thought something similar was going on when I heard the bear dub.

Link Posted: 2/12/2021 9:16:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DragoMuseveni] [#33]

View All Quotes

Bofuri is better simply because it's not another "I was playing a video game and got Isekaied into it" anime.  I'm so burned out with that lame trope.

I will even say Bofuri is better than Dot Hack(hell SAO is better than Dot Hack but not for the reasons you may think).
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 9:36:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Bofuri is better simply because it's not another "I was playing a video game and got Isekaied into it" anime.  I'm so burned out with that lame trope.

I will even say Bofuri is better than Dot Hack(hell SAO is better than Dot Hack but not for the reasons you may think).
View Quote
I never liked .hack.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 12:34:51 PM EDT
[#35]
I never liked .hack.
View All Quotes

I never liked .hack.

I never really watched .hack//Sign when it was airing. Whenever I saw an episode it felt like I was an outsider coming in on ep 127 of a 300 plus episode series. The one thing I do remember is there was a large breasted woman the characters would ram face first into. Looking into it for the picture the fans seem to call her Miss Collision. This is the only pic I could find.

What is the reason you like SAO better? I personally don't mind SAO, and think most of the hate is overblown.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 3:01:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#36]
[     ]
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 3:12:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Darkstar117:

Moretsu Pirates. (Bodacious Space Pirates)
Sora no Woto. (Sound of the Skies).
New Game!
Hidamari Sketch.
Tamayura.
A-Channel.
Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi. (Bridge to the Starry Skies).
Black Rock Shooter (Movie).
Girls und Panzer.
Kiniro Mosaic.
Barakamon.
Amanchu!
Kemono Friends. (You should probably watch this one next).
Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon. (Ms. Kobayashi's Dragon Maid).
Asobi Asobase.
Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara. (Iroduku: The World in Colors).
Maoujou de Oyasumi. (Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle).
Minami-ke.
Bamboo Blade.
Shinryaku! Ika Musume. (Invasion! The Squid Girl).
GJ-Bu.
RDG: Red Data Girl.
Show by Rock!
Flying Witch.
Slow Start.

That's all about I can think of off my head.
View Quote

Worth the price of admission for the engrish alone

Kiniro Mosaic ~ Your english is awkward!

Link Posted: 2/12/2021 3:30:43 PM EDT
[#38]

Mitsuboshi Colors

My Roommate is a Cat

The Demon Girl Next Door
View All Quotes
Thanks for all the daughter-friendly recommendations, all! I do appreciate them all, but keep them coming if there are any others.

Recommendations:
K-On
Little Witch Acadamia
Non Non Biyori
Nichijou

Mitsuboshi Colors

My Roommate is a Cat

The Demon Girl Next Door

Link Posted: 2/12/2021 3:40:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#39]
[     ]
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 3:44:27 PM EDT
[#40]
View All Quotes

On a related topic.

Having finished Motto To Love Ru... and before I start Darkness, I'm taking a break and watching Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks?

Link Posted: 2/12/2021 3:48:56 PM EDT
[#41]

On a related topic.

Having finished Motto To Love Ru... and before I start Darkness, I'm taking a break and watching Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks?

View All Quotes

On a related topic.

Link Posted: 2/12/2021 3:49:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#42]
[     ]
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 3:50:33 PM EDT
[#43]
View All Quotes

On a related topic.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/21I7j6xSyuTHUNiRdp/giphy.gif

Link Posted: 2/12/2021 6:58:35 PM EDT
[#44]

On a related topic.

View Quote

I'm not sure whether it's the kid or his mother who should be considered to be the MC in Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks?

She can be embarrassingly annoying at times - and maybe she comes close, but at least I don't remember her quite telling her kid in graphic detail what Subaru's mother told him...  (!)
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 7:12:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By m0388:

I never really watched .hack//Sign when it was airing. Whenever I saw an episode it felt like I was an outsider coming in on ep 127 of a 300 plus episode series. The one thing I do remember is there was a large breasted woman the characters would ram face first into. Looking into it for the picture the fans seem to call her Miss Collision. This is the only pic I could find.
https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/dothack/images/9/97/Unknownheavy.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20060818004341

What is the reason you like SAO better? I personally don't mind SAO, and think most of the hate is overblown.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m0388:

I never liked .hack.

https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/dothack/images/9/97/Unknownheavy.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20060818004341

The MC of .hack was totally unlikable, and yet everybody fell all over themselves to be his friend. Made no sense. I plowed through the first five or six episodes, if I remember correctly, and it just didn't jibe with me.

SAO is all 'round more enjoyable for me to watch. Kirito may seem overpowered for no reason, but they give sufficient clues as to why it's so, and nobody likes him in spite of who he is, but more because of who he is. I wanted to root for him, I wanted him to succeed. As opposed to the MC of .hack who I just didn't care about at all.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 7:15:09 PM EDT
[#46]

https://i.imgur.com/xf7rSWv.gif
View All Quotes

Recommendations:
K-On
Little Witch Acadamia
Non Non Biyori
Nichijou

Mitsuboshi Colors

My Roommate is a Cat

The Demon Girl Next Door

Did you watch it or just read ill-informed comments?
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 7:21:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#47]

View All Quotes

Recommendations:
K-On
Little Witch Acadamia
Non Non Biyori
Nichijou

Mitsuboshi Colors

My Roommate is a Cat

The Demon Girl Next Door

I watched it.  

Not that watching it is required to know.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 9:32:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 1:36:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Keekleberrys:

Its a great father daughter show LOL
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Keekleberrys:

Its a great father daughter show LOL

Only Dale thinks that.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 2:41:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: odiedodi] [#50]
I'm inspired to do something. Something I think will be fun, but also something I think is right. It might be a violation of site rules, which is why I'm starting in this thread and not starting my own thread, but it's been making me pissy and I've been mulling over it for a while. If it is in violation, site staff delete my post and tell me I'm a poopy butt, fine, whatever. I'm tired of the communists winning though, which is why I now urge you to subscribe to Coco on youtube. Full disclosure. I'm not a super fan or even a regular fan, because I don't speak moon rune very good, however I do think some of her English content is funny. I otherwise haven't been subbed to her though until right now, for the purpose of this. Here is why I'm mad though. She posted a video a long time ago (six months I think) that showed her metrics, and in the process showed Taiwan as an independent country. For the last six months since then Chinese nationalists and the CCP have harrassed her, constantly. Her parent company, Covercorp has reprimanded her and she is afraid of being fired. As I'm writing this she, just got shadowbanned by youtube again and is about to shut her stream off, clearly on the precipice of a breakdown. A few days ago China harassed her so much that she broke down and her room mate had to chill her out, mid stream.

I'm tired of this. This shit is fucking gay. As an update to above, she is now shutting down her current stream, only 25 minutes in, because this harassment has allowed her channel to be termed yet again. This is god damn bullshit. English hololive members basically have impunity to most corporate rules (Calli is Demondice and you can find her face and identity if you want, and everybody knows. Other people have been fired in the first couple of weeks over that) because they're all so relatively successful by comparison and have brought in way more money since they started, that we have proven to Covercorp that China is asshoe and America is friend. I want to drive that point home though. We've got to help get her over a million subs. The more, the better. She's close, and I think it starts here, but if you all share it, it could grow exponentially. Simping would probably help drive it home, but I haven't at this point, and I'm not going to ask you to either. I am asking asking that you show support against the communist party and their bullshit country though, by at least subscribing. I don't have any stake in the company. My only thought here, besides moral arguments is that if we can show them that they'll make more money with the west, they'll cool off of courting the CHICOM regime. If they fold, other companies may look at that and fold, and right now the greatest destructor of our drawn cartoons (unfortunately, besides western retards), is China. I don't want them to gain anymore influence than they already have.

Pewdiepie got a ton of subs for a meme war. This is a real one, and I ask you, fellow weebs, can we please get that bread?

Page / 763
Who watches Anime? (Page 347 of 763)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top