Who watches Anime? (Page 357 of 765)
Page / 765
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 8:15:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JPN:
It's Yuru Thursday.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/64025/yurustore_jpg-1851081.JPG

Real world locations shown in Yurucamp, with Google Maps coordinates.

Some names are different from what is shown in the anime.

Google street view is available for many of them, while photo spheres are available for some others.

Season 1
Click To View Spoiler

Season 2
Click To View Spoiler

I added some more locations from the earlier episodes.
View Quote

(For the episode 8 view overlooking the city, no doubt a nit-picker would call BS on Nadeshiko’s claim of no wireless signal there - perhaps at the campground tent area, but unlikely at the spot with the nighttime city vista - no doubt some otaku has already pulled up some phone coverage charts to dispute that claim.)

Looking forward to ep 10 - I visited Shimoda on a day trip from Tokyo once (25 years ago!) - walked around the town and the harbor area, but chickened out and did not take the sightseeing ropeway - something about not wanting to risk ending up hanging in the air inside a swinging cable car in a location known for having large earthquakes...

Link Posted: 3/4/2021 8:43:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JPN] [#2]
Originally Posted By targetworks:
(For the episode 8 view overlooking the city, no doubt a nit-picker would call BS on Nadeshiko’s claim of no wireless signal there - perhaps at the campground tent area, but unlikely at the spot with the nighttime city vista - no doubt some otaku has already pulled up some phone coverage charts to dispute that claim.)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

There's a tower just up the hill from the campground, with the transmitter for a radio station (K-MIX 85.5MHz, according to google).  Seems unlikely to me that a site chosen for a commercial radio station, would be 'too far out' to get a cell signal.  (ETA: Digging a little deeper, it's a 100 watt FM station for Fuji City and Fujinomiya.)  Probably just a change from reality to help the story.

Something similar could be pointed out in episode 5 of season 1, with the closed onsen.  If Rin had gone less than a km farther down that same road, there are two more onsens.

Looking forward to ep 10 - I visited Shimoda on a day trip from Tokyo once (25 years ago!) - walked around the town and the harbor area, but chickened out and did not take the sightseeing ropeway - something about not wanting to risk ending up hanging in the air inside a swinging cable car in a location known for having large earthquakes...

Izu looks like a very interesting place, and what I've read of the manga didn't finish the Izu trip, so I'm looking forward to more details on the area, plus seeing how the rest of the trip plays out.  

I'm guessing Rin will be in the Shimoda harbor area by the end of the next episode.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 8:58:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By BB868:

You disagree with the statements, but admit to not watching it yet, I'm gonna give you this

My 'issue' is all the exposition is a bit boring, and there is a LOT of it, but I don't hate it at all, I'm curious to see where it all goes.

and yes Amagi was fun.
View Quote

I didn't say I disagree with anything. I said I can't relate to it.  Or put a different way I can't imagine MYSELF not liking it.  I watched the first half of season two (which theoretically should have been the boring part) when it came out and I thought it was good.  I can't imagine the second half being bad knowing what happens from reading the books.  Unless the animation went way down hill or they changed the story drastically from the novels I can guarantee I will like it because I liked the story I read.  Some people don't like the story as much as I do and I respect that.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 9:54:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 3:18:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Plunderer was decent if you're looking for a fantasy ecchi with a perverted OP MC.   It wasn't anything special, but there was a pretty big plot twist about 1/3 through the season that's a game changer.

It kinda has a The Seven Deadly Sins feel to it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 5:32:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:
Plunderer was decent if you're looking for a fantasy ecchi with a perverted OP MC.   It wasn't anything special, but there was a pretty big plot twist about 1/3 through the season that's a game changer.

View Quote

I more or less enjoyed it, but the basic premise is so retarded that I couldn't fully immerse myself in the story. And I say that as somebody who absolutely loves Girls und Panzer.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 9:08:35 AM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

Hmmm...

I gave up on it halfway through episode 3 because of an overwhelming feeling of “this is really stupid, why am I wasting my time watching it?” (which is pretty rare for me, because I watch a lot of ‘stupid’ stuff).

I couldn’t seem to get rid of it from my Crunchyroll ‘Continue Watching’ list so it’s still sitting there - is the plot twist actually good enough to overcome ‘the stupid’?

Link Posted: 3/5/2021 5:11:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Just because this is a gun forum and this is page 357.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 5:14:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 5:27:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By m0388:
Just because this is a gun forum and this is page 357.
https://animescenes.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/city-hunter-357-magnum-mokkori-75432.png
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/5/2021 5:46:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#11]

Hmmm...

I gave up on it halfway through episode 3 because of an overwhelming feeling of “this is really stupid, why am I wasting my time watching it?” (which is pretty rare for me, because I watch a lot of ‘stupid’ stuff).

I couldn’t seem to get rid of it from my Crunchyroll ‘Continue Watching’ list so it’s still sitting there - is the plot twist actually good enough to overcome ‘the stupid’?
View All Quotes

Hmmm...

That's hard for me to say for someone else, but I can say I had the show hovering around "just barely watchable," but after the plot twist my interest was really peaked.  I still wouldn't consider it a "good" anime, but it did entertain me enough to finish it.  YMMV.

Also I got a kick out of the outgoing joke of people calling the girl that had maybe half a pound of fat on her midsection "overweight."

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 7:06:21 PM EDT
[#12]

That's hard for me to say for someone else, but I can say I had the show hovering around "just barely watchable," but after the plot twist my interest was really peaked.  I still wouldn't consider it a "good" anime, but it did entertain me enough to finish it.  YMMV.

Also I got a kick out of the outgoing joke of people calling the girl that had maybe half a pound of fat on her midsection "overweight."

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/F625A4E0-506A-48BC-955F-EF97434CE32A_jpe-1852797.JPG
View All Quotes

Hmmm...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/F625A4E0-506A-48BC-955F-EF97434CE32A_jpe-1852797.JPG

OK, that's encouraging enough for me to give it another try...

Link Posted: 3/6/2021 5:49:11 AM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes

Hmmm...

I gave up on it halfway through episode 3 because of an overwhelming feeling of "this is really stupid, why am I wasting my time watching it?" (which is pretty rare for me, because I watch a lot of 'stupid' stuff).

I couldn't seem to get rid of it from my Crunchyroll 'Continue Watching' list so it's still sitting there - is the plot twist actually good enough to overcome 'the stupid'?

Yeah, it's an enjoyable enough watch if you can get past the base premise, which,

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 7:01:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By TheOTHERmaninblack:

Yeah, it's an enjoyable enough watch if you can get past the base premise, which,

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes

Hmmm...

I gave up on it halfway through episode 3 because of an overwhelming feeling of "this is really stupid, why am I wasting my time watching it?" (which is pretty rare for me, because I watch a lot of 'stupid' stuff).

I couldn't seem to get rid of it from my Crunchyroll 'Continue Watching' list so it's still sitting there - is the plot twist actually good enough to overcome 'the stupid'?

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 8:28:20 AM EDT
[#15]

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes

Hmmm...

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 10:03:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Can someone read these subtitles for me I’m having trouble focusing today

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 2:23:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By DprvdDgnrt:
Can someone read these subtitles for me I’m having trouble focusing today

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/517465/D8E67BB8-8434-47B9-B434-FAD18440A536_jpe-1853953.JPG
View Quote

Now I went to a public school but I think it says "I'm gonna pick a fight with you again!", and in parentheses it says PLOT!.

Link Posted: 3/6/2021 3:06:41 PM EDT
[#18]

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes

Hmmm...

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 5:41:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Starting Non Non Biyori.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 5:42:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheYellowThing] [#20]
Our daughters are hooked on Attack On Titan.

Personally, I don't like anime. Sorry.

eta: manga
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 5:44:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: beitodesstrafe] [#21]
Originally Posted By TheYellowThing:

View Quote

I didn't care for AoT. Gave up part way in the 2nd season.

There might be something else out there for you.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 5:47:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RandomGuy1911A1] [#22]
Devil is a Part Timer season 2 announced
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 5:47:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:
Starting Non Non Biyori.
View Quote

My favorite slice of life you’ll love it
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 5:50:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By RandomGuy1911A1:
View Quote

YES!
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 5:52:44 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes
Starting Non Non Biyori.

It's definitely cute a couple episodes in.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 6:01:08 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes
Starting Non Non Biyori.

They do a good job of making the most of the differences between rural mentality and city mentality.

I grew up rural, not too far out from the suburbs, but I had relatives that lived out in "OK, we just left the pavement, so we should be at their house in about 20 minutes" areas, so there were a few times that my perspective of some of the things I laughed at may be a little different than average.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 6:10:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By JPN:

They do a good job of making the most of the differences between rural mentality and city mentality.

I grew up rural, not too far out from the suburbs, but I had relatives that lived out in "OK, we just left the pavement, so we should be at their house in about 20 minutes" areas, so there were a few times that my perspective of some of the things I laughed at may be a little different than average.
View Quote

Yeah it reminds me a lot of being super young at my family’s cabin in the mountains just fooling around with other kids
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 6:43:19 PM EDT
[#28]
How do you like abusive smug tan girl so far? @DprvdDgnrt
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 6:56:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By LittlePony:
View Quote

I fucking love her lol

I read 5 volumes and they are funny as hell, It’s adorable when she gets mad/jealous when anyone else mentally abuses her senpai
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 6:59:42 PM EDT
[#30]

I fucking love her lol

I read 5 volumes and they are funny as hell, It’s adorable when she gets mad/jealous when anyone else mentally abuses her senpai
View All Quotes

I fucking love her lol

The facial expressions are the best part of that manga.  That and her noodle arms.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 7:07:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By A_Friendly_Manatee:

The facial expressions are the best part of that manga.  That and her noodle arms.
View Quote

Absolutely she looks so ruthless..... Gamo can give a pretty mean mug too
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 7:50:45 PM EDT
[#32]
It’s adorable when she gets mad/jealous when anyone else mentally abuses her senpai
View Quote

She might treat him as her toy, but he's HER toy, not somebody else's toy.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 7:55:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#33]
Originally Posted By TheYellowThing:

eta: manga
View Quote

Nor I.  I don’t get the hype, but to each his own.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 7:57:07 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes
Starting Non Non Biyori.

It was slow going for me at first - then somehow it just clicked, and I have been enjoying it - I'm only a few episodes ahead of you...

Link Posted: 3/6/2021 8:00:45 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

8 years after S1.

Link Posted: 3/6/2021 8:08:45 PM EDT
[#36]

YES!
View All Quotes

YES!

There will be damn near a decade in between the start of S1 and the start of S2.  Which of course makes me think about all the other anime I enjoyed that ended before their time.

Link Posted: 3/6/2021 8:23:44 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

Is that the one that’s for masochist who fantasize about a cute anime girl treating them like shit but want to see a non-hentai version of it?
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 8:39:59 PM EDT
[#38]

There will be damn near a decade in between the start of S1 and the start of S2.  Which of course makes me think about all the other anime I enjoyed that ended before their time.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/dyLlCJSNbgFghf7wjT/giphy.gif
View All Quotes

YES!

That still means we can hope for Gate season 3, Konosuba Season 3 and a non Netflix GitS, right?

Right?

Link Posted: 3/6/2021 8:42:50 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

YES!

How long was the wait between the most recent season of Full Metal Panic and the previous season?
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 8:43:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JPN] [#40]

Is that the one that’s for masochist who fantasize about a cute anime girl treating them like shit but want to see a non-hentai version of it?
View All Quotes

I suppose it could be described that way.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 9:06:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DprvdDgnrt] [#41]

View Quote

My brain says that you’re not wrong

But my heart says you don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 10:54:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DragoMuseveni] [#42]
How about an anime where the MC gets isakied into a MMORPG where the PC gets isakied?

Such a game exists(where the player is sent to another world to do hero stuff)  and there's been enough licensed anime cross-overs over the years I'm surprised this isn't a thing().
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 11:29:47 PM EDT
[#43]

I fucking love her lol

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/7/2021 2:14:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 1:37:10 PM EDT
[#45]
lawl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhTIBd3isZ0
View Quote

How you gunna click bait me with that maid bro?
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 3:06:23 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

YES!

Cardcaptor Sakura had 18 years between season 1 and Season 2, and season 2 picked up right where season 1 left off.

Link Posted: 3/7/2021 4:57:06 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

well i obviously succeeded
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 4:59:46 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes
lawl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhTIBd3isZ0

Link Posted: 3/7/2021 10:46:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Moenaomii is better than Gura.

and you cant change my mind.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 12:21:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 765
Who watches Anime? (Page 357 of 765)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top