User Panel

Who watches Anime? (Page 428 of 766)
Page / 766
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 8:52:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DprvdDgnrt:

Right? Lol

Not to mention just an annoying character overall and the running gag with his fanboys that follow him around was lame from the start
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:

I still can't believe they let that idiot live.  Lead a rebellion and attempt to overthrow the king at the worst possible time resulting in their country almost being wiped out and it's like "go to your room and think about what you did, young man."

Right? Lol

Not to mention just an annoying character overall and the running gag with his fanboys that follow him around was lame from the start

I was hoping for some satisfying payoff death, but nope.

Still, it doesn't compare to the biggest blue balls non-death I've seen anime in the past few years in Shield Hero.

Click To View Spoiler
It's shit like that makes me enjoy MCs like Hajime Nagumo even more.  An enemy just tried to kill him or someone he cares about.  It doesn't matter if they are now defenseless.  It does matter if they are begging for mercy.  It doesn't matter if they promise to change their ways.  He straight up executes them and doesn't pay it a second thought.
Link Posted: 8/8/2021 10:01:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Vivy... the feels. Goddamn it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:04:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, I for one wouldn’t mind seeing Shion and Albedo go at it!
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:47:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#4]
Originally Posted By Gunslinger808:
Well, I for one wouldn’t mind seeing Shion and Albedo go at it!
View Quote

Shalltear Bloodfallen

This is one of Shalltear's most iconic scenes, but it's a spoiler and I know some ppl here are currently watching Overlord so I'll put in tags.
Click To View Spoiler

VS

Milim Nava

Link Posted: 8/9/2021 1:24:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I've not watched MHA so i have a question. Does Froppy have hallucinogenic properties? Like, you lick her and then trip balls?
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 1:45:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By RandomGuy1911A1:
I've not watched MHA so i have a question. Does Froppy have hallucinogenic properties? Like, you lick her and then trip balls?
View Quote

She can secrete a mild (stinging) poison.  I don't remember any hallucinogenic properties being mentioned.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 1:49:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By JPN:

She can secrete a mild (stinging) poison.  I don't remember any hallucinogenic properties being mentioned.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JPN:
Originally Posted By RandomGuy1911A1:

Off to conduct some non-canonical research.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 3:17:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DprvdDgnrt] [#8]

Mmhmm this is what I’d rather see

It’s basically impossible to compare power levels for girls from different animes and while I think team Overlord vs team Slime would be a different story especially since Milim may not even be fairly included because she’s not one of Rimurus subordinates my subjective feelings as a watcher leads me to think that Milim is more powerful then Shalltear especially when the aftermath of her dragon nova is shown the overload anime just never showed me anything that makes me think shalltear is this powerful (assuming that Ainz doesn’t have a pay-to-win item he can give Shalltear that makes all dragnoids on the field have a brain aneurysm )

I think the logical deduction is that if the 2 met Milim would dominate on the battle field while Shalltear would dominate in the bedroom lol

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 3:45:00 AM EDT
[#9]

It’s basically impossible to compare power levels for girls from different animes and while I think team Overlord vs team Slime would be a different story especially since Milim may not even be fairly included because she’s not one of Rimurus subordinates my subjective feelings as a watcher leads me to think that Milim is more powerful then Shalltear especially when the aftermath of her dragon nova is shown the overload anime just never showed me anything that makes me think shalltear is this powerful (assuming that Ainz doesn’t have a pay-to-win item he can give Shalltear that makes all dragnoids on the field have a brain aneurysm )

https://c.tenor.com/xgoAMjn56dwAAAAM/milim-milim-nava.gif

I think the logical deduction is that if the 2 met Milim would dominate on the battle field while Shalltear would dominate in the bedroom lol

https://64.media.tumblr.com/1570d33b50091c50314fca53459c4a01/tumblr_pefx2eXwgm1sg8uefo4_540.gifv

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes

https://c.tenor.com/xgoAMjn56dwAAAAM/milim-milim-nava.gif

https://64.media.tumblr.com/1570d33b50091c50314fca53459c4a01/tumblr_pefx2eXwgm1sg8uefo4_540.gifv

Click To View Spoiler

Of all the OP AF floor guardians Shalltear is the most OP AF.  An individual that could single handedly wipe out an entire army could combine forces with another individual that could single handedly wipe out an entire army to try to take out Shalltear and they'd get wrecked by the vampire loli.

Shalltear's laundry list of spells, skills, special abilities, equipment, etc. is simply ridiculous.

Tier Spells

Animate Dead: Creates a low-level undead, but with Shalltear's special skill, it can become a Lesser Vampire.

Brilliant Radiance: Offensive spell, purifying the target with holy light.

Charm Species: It is a 4th tier spell that works on any species. It makes the target regard the caster as a "friend" and may be used in interrogation. However, it cannot make the target reveal secrets that they would not reveal to a friend, or perform actions that friends would not tell them to do, such as self-harm.

Einherjar: Shalltear's trump card. A construct-type avatar almost visually identical to Shalltear. This avatar can't use magic and some of the skills of the original, but its equipment and stats are the same.

Force Explosion: Sends an invisible shockwave towards the target.

Force Sanctuary: Create a white light barrier from holy energy. Although it prevents the user from attacking, it is an absolute barrier that completely blocks the opponent’s attack.

Gate: Summons a portal, allowing travel of a large number of people over great distances. It is considered to be the highest tier of teleportation magic. However, Shalltear needs to be supported by either Pestonya Shortcake Wanko or Entoma Vasilissa Zeta if she continually uses it.

Greater Lethal: A divine spell with very powerful healing which involves channeling vast quantities of negative energy. It is the most powerful healing spell that Shalltear can cast on herself to greatly heal her HP.

Greater Teleportation: A 7th tier spell that allows instantaneous transition without restriction to distance.

Implosion: 10th tier magic. Causes the target to collapse or burst inward.

Invisibility: Makes the caster invisible.

Life Essence: Allows the caster to view the health values of an enemy.

Magic Destruction: Destroys an object made by magic. The success rate of this spell is directly dependent on the spell-casting ability of its caster.

Mana Essence: Allows the user to learn enemy's remaining MP.

Mass Hold Species: Constricts a large number of creatures, rendering them unable to move.

Mist Form: Changes the user's body into astral type, nullifying all enemy attacks, save for attacks that can hit astral entities.

Paralysis: Causes paralysis in the target, limiting or preventing them of physical movement, though slight physical functions are still possible, such as turning their head or speaking.

Perfect Unknowable: A 9th tier spell which is capable of eliminating the user's traces of scent, body warmth, vibrations, prints, and various other stimulus that could trigger the enemy’s detection.

Regenerate: A spell that provides slow healing over time.

Resist Break: Decreases the foe's Magical resistance.

Silence: Negates sound in an area.

Summon Monster 10th: A 10th tier spell that allows the user to summon a high tier monster.

Time Accelerator: Increases speed, but the user cannot attack under the effects of the spell.

Vermilion Nova: A 9th tier spell. It attacks the target with a pillar of flame. Deals Fire-based type of damage.

Wall of Stone: Surrounds the user with stone walls, protecting them from damage.

Skills

Blood Armament

Blood Pool: A skill that creates an orb of enchanted blood that can store the blood of victims for various purposes. For instance, it can drain mana from the victim's blood. This way, one can use skills that augment spells without consuming extra MP.

Impure Shockwave Shield: A reddish-black wave of force that spreads forth from the user's body. It may be used defensively against attacks, or offensively in close range. It is a skill that combines offense and defense. It may be used two times a day.

Purifying Javelin: It is a class skill used by Shalltear to create a gigantic lance of the holy element. Despite her own evil alignment, the javelin can still cause massive damage to her foes as a holy-based ranged attack. The javelin can also inflict a curse on the target upon hitting them. Most importantly, she can spend the extra amount of MP to imbue it with perfect accuracy and tracking ability. However, it can only be used three times per day.

Raise Kin: A skill used to summon several types of monsters, including 7th tier Vampire Wolves.

Summon Household: A skill that allows her to summon a multitude of different familiars, such as Elder Vampire Bats, Vampire Bat Swarms, rats, Vampire Wolves, etc.

Time Reverse: It is a skill that negate the damage caused by a single attack. The damage she sustains is instantly converted back into health. The blood spilled out after taking damage will then flow back into her body, as though time itself has reversed to render the attack completely ineffective. However, turning back time to recover damage can only be done three times a day.

Special Abilities

Cold Resistance

Creating spawn through Blood Drain

Fast Healing

Life Drain

Mystic Eyes of Charms: It's a type of mind control that charms an opponent who looks into their eyes. It works on targets of the same sex as the user, not just the opposite.

Spell Resistance: Her resistance depends on the attacker’s own strength.

Weapon Damage Resistance

Basic Undead Race Traits

Biological Penalties' Resistance

Bludgeoning Vulnerability V

Critical Hit Immunity

Dark Vision

Death Immunity

Disease Immunity

Doubled Damage by Fire

Eating, Drinking, and Breathing are Unnecessary

Energy Drain Immunity

Good, Light and Holy Vulnerability IV

Good and Holy Consecrated Areas' Vulnerability II

Mind-affecting Immunity

Necromancy Resistance

Paralysis Immunity

Physical Penalty Resistance

Poisoning Immunity

Recover by Negative Energy

Sleep Immunity

Main Equipment

Spuit Lance: A Divine class item that was given to her by her creator, Peroroncino. Each strike allows Shalltear to recover a portion of her life-force proportionate to the damage inflicted on the enemy. Deals striking damage, which has increased effects against undead.

Shalltear Bloodfallen's Armor: A legendary class item mainly equipped with Shalltear when she is in combat.

Unnamed World Item: Ainz gives this item to her, so she can be protected from the effects of World Item users.
Link

And all that is simply her as is.  If she had time to prepare for the fight she would be even more OP AF.

Link Posted: 8/9/2021 4:44:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DprvdDgnrt] [#10]

https://i.imgur.com/MdGZNWT.gif?noredirect

Of all the OP AF floor guardians Shalltear is the most OP AF.  An individual that could single handedly wipe out an entire army could combine forces with another individual that could single handedly wipe out an entire army to try to take out Shalltear and they'd get wrecked by the vampire loli.

Shalltear's laundry list of spells, skills, special abilities, equipment, etc. is simply ridiculous.

Tier Spells

Animate Dead: Creates a low-level undead, but with Shalltear's special skill, it can become a Lesser Vampire.

Charm Species: It is a 4th tier spell that works on any species. It makes the target regard the caster as a "friend" and may be used in interrogation. However, it cannot make the target reveal secrets that they would not reveal to a friend, or perform actions that friends would not tell them to do, such as self-harm.

Einherjar: Shalltear's trump card. A construct-type avatar almost visually identical to Shalltear. This avatar can't use magic and some of the skills of the original, but its equipment and stats are the same.

Force Sanctuary: Create a white light barrier from holy energy. Although it prevents the user from attacking, it is an absolute barrier that completely blocks the opponent’s attack.

Gate: Summons a portal, allowing travel of a large number of people over great distances. It is considered to be the highest tier of teleportation magic. However, Shalltear needs to be supported by either Pestonya Shortcake Wanko or Entoma Vasilissa Zeta if she continually uses it.

Greater Lethal: A divine spell with very powerful healing which involves channeling vast quantities of negative energy. It is the most powerful healing spell that Shalltear can cast on herself to greatly heal her HP.

Greater Teleportation: A 7th tier spell that allows instantaneous transition without restriction to distance.

Magic Destruction: Destroys an object made by magic. The success rate of this spell is directly dependent on the spell-casting ability of its caster.

Mass Hold Species: Constricts a large number of creatures, rendering them unable to move.

Mist Form: Changes the user's body into astral type, nullifying all enemy attacks, save for attacks that can hit astral entities.

Paralysis: Causes paralysis in the target, limiting or preventing them of physical movement, though slight physical functions are still possible, such as turning their head or speaking.

Perfect Unknowable: A 9th tier spell which is capable of eliminating the user's traces of scent, body warmth, vibrations, prints, and various other stimulus that could trigger the enemy’s detection.

Summon Monster 10th: A 10th tier spell that allows the user to summon a high tier monster.

Time Accelerator: Increases speed, but the user cannot attack under the effects of the spell.

Vermilion Nova: A 9th tier spell. It attacks the target with a pillar of flame. Deals Fire-based type of damage.

Wall of Stone: Surrounds the user with stone walls, protecting them from damage.

Skills

Blood Armament

Blood Pool: A skill that creates an orb of enchanted blood that can store the blood of victims for various purposes. For instance, it can drain mana from the victim's blood. This way, one can use skills that augment spells without consuming extra MP.

Impure Shockwave Shield: A reddish-black wave of force that spreads forth from the user's body. It may be used defensively against attacks, or offensively in close range. It is a skill that combines offense and defense. It may be used two times a day.

Purifying Javelin: It is a class skill used by Shalltear to create a gigantic lance of the holy element. Despite her own evil alignment, the javelin can still cause massive damage to her foes as a holy-based ranged attack. The javelin can also inflict a curse on the target upon hitting them. Most importantly, she can spend the extra amount of MP to imbue it with perfect accuracy and tracking ability. However, it can only be used three times per day.

Raise Kin: A skill used to summon several types of monsters, including 7th tier Vampire Wolves.

Summon Household: A skill that allows her to summon a multitude of different familiars, such as Elder Vampire Bats, Vampire Bat Swarms, rats, Vampire Wolves, etc.

Time Reverse: It is a skill that negate the damage caused by a single attack. The damage she sustains is instantly converted back into health. The blood spilled out after taking damage will then flow back into her body, as though time itself has reversed to render the attack completely ineffective. However, turning back time to recover damage can only be done three times a day.

Special Abilities

Cold Resistance

Fast Healing

Life Drain

Mystic Eyes of Charms: It's a type of mind control that charms an opponent who looks into their eyes. It works on targets of the same sex as the user, not just the opposite.

Weapon Damage Resistance

Basic Undead Race Traits

Critical Hit Immunity

Dark Vision

Death Immunity

Disease Immunity

Doubled Damage by Fire

Energy Drain Immunity

Mind-affecting Immunity

Necromancy Resistance

Paralysis Immunity

Poisoning Immunity

Sleep Immunity

Main Equipment

Spuit Lance: A Divine class item that was given to her by her creator, Peroroncino. Each strike allows Shalltear to recover a portion of her life-force proportionate to the damage inflicted on the enemy. Deals striking damage, which has increased effects against undead.

Shalltear Bloodfallen's Armor: A legendary class item mainly equipped with Shalltear when she is in combat.

Unnamed World Item: Ainz gives this item to her, so she can be protected from the effects of World Item users.
Link

And all that is simply her as is.  If she had time to prepare for the fight she would be even more OP AF.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/deathbattlefanon/images/d/d1/The_Winner_is_Shalltear.gif/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/250?cb=20190714030439
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Ya know I wasn’t gunna get technical here I was being subjective and not serious what so ever

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

As you see when reference the VS Battle Wiki which is the very first and biggest source for cross anime fights we see the vast difference in power between Millim and Shalltear, Shalltear has the power to destroy a small town which makes sense we know her and Ainz can easily beat entire army’s which is I’d imagine roughly comparable to the size of a town

But considering Milim is “large star” level she could likely take on not only the entire cast of Overloard but even the planet they are living on so back to original question asked by Gunslinger if there was going to be a battle Rimuru could give Milim some puppy dog eyes and say “since we are Besties for Resties could you go handle my light work?”

I still stand by my claim that Shalltear has a major advantage during sex
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 4:50:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DprvdDgnrt] [#11]
Dupe
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 5:54:36 AM EDT
[#12]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/517465/86EB44F1-1733-4BE0-92E1-B8E3B3AE419B_jpe-2045982.JPG

Ya know I wasn’t gunna get technical here I was being subjective and not serious what so ever

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/517465/96A98FAC-98BB-4CDE-AE14-E73046F3BD19_jpe-2045983.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/517465/3B8ACE20-549C-4B08-9A37-098CC9758101_jpe-2045984.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/517465/27F13E49-39FD-4748-A92D-BED3245818CB_jpe-2045985.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/517465/9DF910D7-D323-424C-8E7F-E0DAE7AB4D95_jpe-2045987.JPG

As you see when reference the VS Battle Wiki which is the very first and biggest source for cross anime fights we see the vast difference in power between Millim and Shalltear, Shalltear has the power to destroy a small town which makes sense we know her and Ainz can easily beat entire army’s which is I’d imagine roughly comparable to the size of a town

But considering Milim is “large star” level she could likely take on not only the entire cast of Overloard but even the planet they are living on so back to original question asked by Gunslinger if there was going to be a battle Rimuru could give Milim some puppy dog eyes and say “since we are Besties for Resties could you go handle my light work?”

View All Quotes

https://i.imgur.com/MdGZNWT.gif?noredirect

Tier Spells

Skills

Blood Armament

Special Abilities

Cold Resistance

Fast Healing

Life Drain

Weapon Damage Resistance

Basic Undead Race Traits

Critical Hit Immunity

Dark Vision

Death Immunity

Disease Immunity

Doubled Damage by Fire

Energy Drain Immunity

Mind-affecting Immunity

Necromancy Resistance

Paralysis Immunity

Poisoning Immunity

Sleep Immunity

Main Equipment

Link

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/deathbattlefanon/images/d/d1/The_Winner_is_Shalltear.gif/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/250?cb=20190714030439

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/517465/86EB44F1-1733-4BE0-92E1-B8E3B3AE419B_jpe-2045982.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/517465/96A98FAC-98BB-4CDE-AE14-E73046F3BD19_jpe-2045983.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/517465/3B8ACE20-549C-4B08-9A37-098CC9758101_jpe-2045984.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/517465/27F13E49-39FD-4748-A92D-BED3245818CB_jpe-2045985.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/517465/9DF910D7-D323-424C-8E7F-E0DAE7AB4D95_jpe-2045987.JPG

I think the difference is you're looking at it like a boxing match where it's just two opponents in a straight up fight to see who can hit each other the hardest; whereas I'm looking at it like an anything goes cat and mouse death game where intelligence and strategy play huge roles.

Shalltear isn't Lelouch Vi Britannia or anything, but she's no idiot either.  Millim, on the other hand, very well might have an IQ approaching that of mental retardation based on what I've seen.  Luring her into a trap would be fairly easy, especially for a magic user who can cast doubles of herself along with illusion spells.  After that there are many ways Shalltear can win.  Cast Perfect Unknowable, cast Invisibility, cast Time Accelerator, cast Paralysis, cast Mystic Eyes of Charms, and then with Millim just standing there mind controlled cast Greater Teleportation and lead Millim to go anywhere Shalltear wants.  From there the possibilities are near limitless.

Or hell, given Nazarick's fantastic cooking, just offer Millim a bunch of good food.

Link Posted: 8/9/2021 7:27:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: targetworks] [#13]
Nvm…

Just thinking that Railgun would easily defeat Millim with one hand tied behind her back…

(but I’m not sure whether Nadeshiko would triumph in a matchup against Millim.)

Link Posted: 8/9/2021 8:58:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Tried watching Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out.

Strike one, Nails Rial voices the main female.

Strike two, the first episode is nothing but bitching and complaining. I didn't even make it through the first episode before I turned it off.

Time for Seven Mortal Sins to wipe away that garbage.

Link Posted: 8/9/2021 9:29:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LittlePony] [#15]
New Neko Para game is good, just wish it had a better animation budget

Dill and Fennel are adorable.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 11:55:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: xviperx420] [#16]
About to start Hunter X Hunter 2011. 150 episodes? Wow.

Eta: or not.... website is acting weird. Guess ill watch overlord.

Gimme a semi lewd ecchi with a story. Why the hell are you here teacher was funny, but had zero plot. Highschool DxD was solid, and so was Interspecies Reviewers, so someyhing like that?

I've seen DEARS, Dragon Maid, Food Wars, Keijo, and No-Rin (which was fucking hilarious, if you havent seen it).
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:04:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By xviperx420:
View Quote

Damn, that's more than Yu Yu Hakusho at 112.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:09:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Stitches1974:

View All Quotes

At least its not Bleach or One Piece. OP has nearly 1000 right now.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:10:52 PM EDT
[#19]

Gimme a semi lewd ecchi with a story. Why the hell are you here teacher was funny, but had zero plot. Highschool DxD was solid, and so was Interspecies Reviewers, so someyhing like that?

I've seen DEARS, Dragon Maid, Food Wars, Keijo, and No-Rin (which was fucking hilarious, if you havent seen it).
View Quote

I really liked Nyaruko.

Being a huge HPL nerd helps.

Date-a-live would work too.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:14:21 PM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:16:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Tried watching Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out.

Strike one, Nails Rial voices the main female.

Strike two, the first episode is nothing but bitching and complaining. I didn't even make it through the first episode before I turned it off.

Time for Seven Mortal Sins to wipe away that garbage.
View Quote

Strike three, the titular character has the face of an 8 year old boy.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:16:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: beitodesstrafe] [#22]
This is best girl btw:

Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:24:21 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

In addition to being in the top 10 for pretty much every "best anime all time" list I've seen, HxH also has the best original soundtrack in the history of anime, IMO.

You get to you watch HxH for the first time AND you get to watch Overlord for the first time...

Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:33:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stitches1974] [#24]

Strike three, the titular character has the face of an 8 year old boy.
View Quote

Not a fan of her fang /skin flap or whatever it is.

Link Posted: 8/9/2021 12:55:11 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote
Probably an unpopular opinion, but if I had omitted the Chimera Ant arc I wouldn't have lost much. It dragged on WAAAYYY too long.

I loved it up to that point. YMMV
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 1:12:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stitches1974] [#26]

View Quote

High School of The Dead. Ecchi with story.

The bad thing. Only 1 season. Production stopped after the 2011-2 earthquake in Japan, then the creator died in 2017.

The Testament of Sister New Devil. Decent story with plenty of skin/perverted antics.

Two seasons. Not sure if there will be another.

Trinity Seven Non bitch of a MC. Not as lewd as the others, but it's decent.

Only 1 season.

Valkyrie Drive Anime about girls getting each other off to release their powers.

Complete. No further releases.

To Love Ru One major story that includes a bunch of minor mini stories.

3 seasons, with the final dub release in September. MC is a bitch and one of the girls wants the MC to have his own harem. Sentai flat out refuses to dub any of the OVAs, so unless you watch subs, you miss out on major key points and some character introductions.

Think that's about it for now.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 1:24:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Cansiae1nundatio:
Probably an unpopular opinion, but if I had omitted the Chimera Ant arc I wouldn't have lost much. It dragged on WAAAYYY too long.

I loved it up to that point. YMMV
View Quote

Just what most consider to be the best arc in what most consider to be one of the best anime of all time and the events of which are the driving force behind the next arc. Other than that though, yeah, not much.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 1:40:41 PM EDT
[#28]

Just what most consider to be the best arc in what most consider to be one of the best anime of all time and the events of which are the driving force behind the next arc. Other than that though, yeah, not much.
View Quote
I know, everyone loves the Ant arc, but that was the only part in the whole show that I felt like "I just want this show to be over".

There were some great moments in there, but I didn't mine enough gold in those 60 episodes for it to be worth it to me.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 1:43:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DprvdDgnrt] [#29]

I think the difference is you're looking at it like a boxing match where it's just two opponents in a straight up fight to see who can hit each other the hardest; whereas I'm looking at it like an anything goes cat and mouse death game where intelligence and strategy play huge roles.

Shalltear isn't Lelouch Vi Britannia or anything, but she's no idiot either.  Millim, on the other hand, very well might have an IQ approaching that of mental retardation based on what I've seen.  Luring her into a trap would be fairly easy, especially for a magic user who can cast doubles of herself along with illusion spells.  After that there are many ways Shalltear can win.  Cast Perfect Unknowable, cast Invisibility, cast Time Accelerator, cast Paralysis, cast Mystic Eyes of Charms, and then with Millim just standing there mind controlled cast Greater Teleportation and lead Millim to go anywhere Shalltear wants.  From there the possibilities are near limitless.

Or hell, given Nazarick's fantastic cooking, just offer Millim a bunch of good food.

https://i.redd.it/51tyusbtjqe71.gif

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/LinearLiquidLcont-max-1mb.gif

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ouZ8Pbyz0BA/XEdaqbHdtcI/AAAAAAABbA8/8osCR3EjgqQc0z3ST66RQlNTdvOJaA2jQCKgBGAs/s1600/Omake%2BGif%2BAnime%2B-%2BTensei%2BShitara%2BSlime%2BDatta%2BKen%2B-%2BEpisode%2B16%2B-%2BMilim%2BLikes%2BIt.gif
View Quote

Rimuru could make Flash Cards for Milim they could say things like “If they offer you food”, “If they try to reason with you” “if they run” “if they do literally anything else” but every card has the same answer on the other side “YEET Them!!!!”

All joking aside Milim isn’t actually dumb that’s more of a personality she prefers and she has a lot more abilities them just blowing shit up she can do an insane amount a full blown broken magic herself

It’s actually hilarious because I feel like most isekia writers add this shit for shits and fucking giggles they know damn well they aren’t going to have their characters use half the shit they write down in the show lol

Btw I didn’t copy amd paste this with the expectation that anyone else values their time as little as I do and will actually read every word of it lol

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Automatic Translation, Enhanced Senses, Extrasensory Perception, Energy Manipulation, Clairvoyance (Visual Linking), Hacking, Immortality (Types 1 and 3), Acausality (Typed 1 and 4), Flight, Regeneration (Low-Godly; Can regenerate as long as her soul isn't destroyed), Intangibility (As a spiritual being Milim doesn't have a physical body), Shapeshifting, Soul Manipulation (Can destroy souls), Self-Sustenance (Types 1, and 2), Non-Physical Interaction (Can harm spiritual life forms which exists as souls, fire, water vapor, aura, energy, etc), Unholy Manipulation (Monsters are made of magic energy, which can be purified or warded off by holy energy), Radiation Manipulation and Creation ( Monsters of significant aura can create an aura akin to radiation, that is extremely toxic to organic life and can induce death in high concentration. It will cause monsters to be born due to the high concentration of magic energy), Information Analysis (Can analyze her opponents and their abilities just by seeing them), Forcefield Creation, Mind Manipulation (Can destroy minds), Dimensional Travel, Magic, Unconventional Resistance to Power Nullification, Power Modification, Power Absorption and Power Mimicry (Skills are inscribed into the soul which resists any outside interference unless the interference is stronger than the soul's defenses, furthermore Unique Skills and above require a strong soul to possess them), Resistance to Matter Manipulation (Which works at the atomic level), Mind Manipulation (Which works on the scale of at least 350,000 people. The source of consciousness, memories and mind itself is the Soul, Astral body and Spiritual Body.[1]), Radiation Manipulation, Life Manipulation, Death Manipulation, Decomposition, Paralysis, Poisons, Corrosion Inducement, Soul Manipulation (Which works on the scale of 350,000 people), Water Manipulation, Ice Manipulation, Air Manipulation, Hellfire Manipulation, Darkness Manipulation, Energy Manipulation, Biological Manipulation, Gravity Manipulation, Disease Manipulation, Light Manipulation, Memory Manipulation, Heat Manipulation, Fear Manipulation, Sleep Manipulation, Empathic Manipulation, Madness Manipulation (Which works on the scale of at least 150,000 people), Spatial Manipulation, Attack Reflection, Perception Manipulation, Holy Manipulation, Fate Manipulation, Damage Transferal, Existence Erasure, Precognition, Void Manipulation (Those who possess an ultimate skill are not affected by lower abilities. Every rule of the world is ultimately reduced to this unique level. In other words, they will not be affected by any form of magic–highest or not), Curse Manipulation, Telepathy, Power Nullification (True Dragons can resist Kondou necrosis bullets which carries a curse that causes the destruction of the target’s Magic Circuits, which allows prevents them from using their abilities), Gravity Manipulation, Plasma Manipulation, Power Mimicry, Absorption, Illusion Creation, Power Absorption (Ordinarily stealing an ultimate skill from its owner is impossible, as the skill is born from them, deep within their soul, and is etched into their nucleic heart which exists within their soul), Information Analysis (The abilities of ultimate skill users can't be analyzed by those with lower skills, in addition, ultimate skill users can know when someone is trying to analyze their abilities, and can even give fake information about their abilities), Information Manipulation (Magic Perception overloads the brain with so much information it would have killed a normal human, but can be used casually), Data Manipulation (The information from Magic Perception is turned into data, which overloads the human brain, but can be used casually), Power Nullification (Magic Canceller which obstructs the casting of magic, doesn't work on high ranking beings), Status Effect Inducement (Weakening magic and the like doesn't work on someone with an ultimate skill), Law Manipulation (Ultimate skill users understand the laws of the world and are also released from them), Probability Manipulation, Causality Manipulation, Durability Negation, Vibration Manipulation, Aura, Time Manipulation, Physics Manipulation (Can tank Dagruel's punchs, which warp the laws of physics), and BFR (Can move in stopped time, and move in the subspace created by Zero which had a distorted flow of time that prevented anyone in it from moving and resist being sent to another dimension or space)

Attack Potency: Large Star level (Destroyed Lucia's Castle Guard which could tank attacks that can destroy stars with a single punch. Her Dragon Nova is the ultimate perfected form of the nuclear strike magic Gravity Collapse, which is a localized gravity field that creates a small black hole. Without even using Wrathful King Satan, her Dragon Nova causes a supernova explosion with a super-high compression. She is over 10x stronger with Wrathful King Satan)

Speed: FTL (Comparable to Chloe), Massively FTL+ in Stopped Time (Can move a 1 million times normal speed while in stopped time)

Lifting Strength: Unknown

Striking Strength: Large Star Class

Durability: Large Star level (Tanked attacks from Gii, who is comparable to her)

Stamina: High (Comparable to Chloe who fought with Gii Crimson continuously for 3 days and 3 nights), Limitless with Wrathful King Satan (Has an inexhaustible supply of mana)

Range: Hundreds of Kilometers

Standard Equipment: Demon sword "Evil God", Dragon Knuckles

Intelligence: Above Average

Weaknesses: None notable

Notable Attacks/Techniques:

Physiology

Dragonoid: As a Dragonoid Milim is an upper tier spiritual lifeform, thus she has no physical body, and exists only as a soul, has eternal youth, and will regenerate as long as the core inside her soul isn't completely destroyed.
Abilities

Magic Perception: The ability to perceive the surrounding magical energy.
In addition, the user is able to observe how waves disturb the nearby magical energy, then use that information to calculate the visual, auditory and other wave-based information of the surroundings. Magic Perception also grants the ability to understand and express the intent of spoken words even if the language of the conversation partner is unknown.
Magic Perception enables users to be aware of their environment in battle even if blind or deaf and prevent a surprise attack.
Milim Eye: An ability which allows her to be able to see her target’s magical energy even if they try to hide it.
Telepathy: The ability to communicate with others telepathically.
Thought Transmission: An improved version of Telepathy which allows for a network where many people can communicate telepathically, has a range of about a kilometer.
Wrathful King Satan: An ability which converts the user's wrath into magic power. So as long as the user is enraged, they will not run out of magic power. Without this ability, her energy is only 10% of that of a True Dragon, but with this ability, she can surpass True Dragons.
Dragon Nova: An ability which brightness easily surpassed that of the stars. The bright pellets created from the ability rains upon the earth and erases everything in sight. This ability is the ultimate perfected form of nuclear strike magic Gravity Collapse, which created a small black hole. Dragon Nova causes a supernova explosion with a super-high compression.
Multiple Barriers: An ability which surrounds the user with multiple barriers. Defensive barriers prevent the entry of magic power. Except for overwhelming the barrier with magical power, it is nearly impossible to break a barrier. Even the most basic barrier has more than two layers.
Resistances

Ultimate Skill User: As an ultimate skill user Milim understands the laws of the world is thus superior in using magic than everyone who doesn't possess an ultimate skill. Those who possess an ultimate skill are not affected by lower abilities. Every rule of the world is ultimately reduced to this unique level. In other words, they will not be affected by any form of magic–highest or not which gives them resistance to numerous abilities such as mind manipulation, death manipulation, matter manipulation, soul manipulation, etc. Ordinarily stealing an ultimate skill from its owner is impossible, as the skill is born from them, deep within their soul, and is etched into their nucleic heart which exists within their soul. Also, the abilities of ultimate skill users can't be analyzed by those with lower skills, in addition, ultimate skill users can know when someone is trying to analyze their abilities, and can even give fake information about their abilities
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 1:45:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: xviperx420] [#30]

The bad thing. Only 1 season. Production stopped after the 2011-2 earthquake in Japan, then the creator died in 2017.

The Testament of Sister New Devil. Decent story with plenty of skin/perverted antics.

Only 1 season.

Valkyrie Drive Anime about girls getting each other off to release their powers.

3 seasons, with the final dub release in September. MC is a bitch and one of the girls wants the MC to have his own harem. Sentai flat out refuses to dub any of the OVAs, so unless you watch subs, you miss out on major key points and some character introductions.

View All Quotes

Only 1 season.

I forgot I saw High School of the Dead. Watched it not long after it came out. I was bummed when it didnt keep going. It was around the time I was about to PCS to Yokota. I was 12 hours from getting on my flight when the quake hit, and told to not go for 6 weeks.

Weirdly, I spent 3 years there and never watched a single anime.

Appreciate the list.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 1:53:19 PM EDT
[#31]

In addition to being in the top 10 for pretty much every "best anime all time" list I've seen, HxH also has the best original soundtrack in the history of anime, IMO.

You get to you watch HxH for the first time AND you get to watch Overlord for the first time...

https://media2.giphy.com/media/yaYV8i5n1OjZe/giphy.gif
View All Quotes

https://media2.giphy.com/media/yaYV8i5n1OjZe/giphy.gif

Link Posted: 8/9/2021 2:23:53 PM EDT
[#32]

Rimuru could make Flash Cards for Milim they could say things like “If they offer you food”, “If they try to reason with you” “if they run” “if they do literally anything else” but every card has the same answer on the other side “YEET Them!!!!”

All joking aside Milim isn’t actually dumb that’s more of a personality she prefers and she has a lot more abilities them just blowing shit up she can do an insane amount a full blown broken magic herself

It’s actually hilarious because I feel like most isekia writers add this shit for shits and fucking giggles they know damn well they aren’t going to have their characters use half the shit they write down in the show lol

Btw I didn’t copy amd paste this with the expectation that anyone else values their time as little as I do and will actually read every word of it lol

Powers and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Automatic Translation, Enhanced Senses, Extrasensory Perception, Energy Manipulation, Clairvoyance (Visual Linking), Hacking, Immortality (Types 1 and 3), Acausality (Typed 1 and 4), Flight, Regeneration (Low-Godly; Can regenerate as long as her soul isn't destroyed), Intangibility (As a spiritual being Milim doesn't have a physical body), Shapeshifting, Soul Manipulation (Can destroy souls), Self-Sustenance (Types 1, and 2), Non-Physical Interaction (Can harm spiritual life forms which exists as souls, fire, water vapor, aura, energy, etc), Unholy Manipulation (Monsters are made of magic energy, which can be purified or warded off by holy energy), Radiation Manipulation and Creation ( Monsters of significant aura can create an aura akin to radiation, that is extremely toxic to organic life and can induce death in high concentration. It will cause monsters to be born due to the high concentration of magic energy), Information Analysis (Can analyze her opponents and their abilities just by seeing them), Forcefield Creation, Mind Manipulation (Can destroy minds), Dimensional Travel, Magic, Unconventional Resistance to Power Nullification, Power Modification, Power Absorption and Power Mimicry (Skills are inscribed into the soul which resists any outside interference unless the interference is stronger than the soul's defenses, furthermore Unique Skills and above require a strong soul to possess them), Resistance to Matter Manipulation (Which works at the atomic level), Mind Manipulation (Which works on the scale of at least 350,000 people. The source of consciousness, memories and mind itself is the Soul, Astral body and Spiritual Body.[1]), Radiation Manipulation, Life Manipulation, Death Manipulation, Decomposition, Paralysis, Poisons, Corrosion Inducement, Soul Manipulation (Which works on the scale of 350,000 people), Water Manipulation, Ice Manipulation, Air Manipulation, Hellfire Manipulation, Darkness Manipulation, Energy Manipulation, Biological Manipulation, Gravity Manipulation, Disease Manipulation, Light Manipulation, Memory Manipulation, Heat Manipulation, Fear Manipulation, Sleep Manipulation, Empathic Manipulation, Madness Manipulation (Which works on the scale of at least 150,000 people), Spatial Manipulation, Attack Reflection, Perception Manipulation, Holy Manipulation, Fate Manipulation, Damage Transferal, Existence Erasure, Precognition, Void Manipulation (Those who possess an ultimate skill are not affected by lower abilities. Every rule of the world is ultimately reduced to this unique level. In other words, they will not be affected by any form of magic–highest or not), Curse Manipulation, Telepathy, Power Nullification (True Dragons can resist Kondou necrosis bullets which carries a curse that causes the destruction of the target’s Magic Circuits, which allows prevents them from using their abilities), Gravity Manipulation, Plasma Manipulation, Power Mimicry, Absorption, Illusion Creation, Power Absorption (Ordinarily stealing an ultimate skill from its owner is impossible, as the skill is born from them, deep within their soul, and is etched into their nucleic heart which exists within their soul), Information Analysis (The abilities of ultimate skill users can't be analyzed by those with lower skills, in addition, ultimate skill users can know when someone is trying to analyze their abilities, and can even give fake information about their abilities), Information Manipulation (Magic Perception overloads the brain with so much information it would have killed a normal human, but can be used casually), Data Manipulation (The information from Magic Perception is turned into data, which overloads the human brain, but can be used casually), Power Nullification (Magic Canceller which obstructs the casting of magic, doesn't work on high ranking beings), Status Effect Inducement (Weakening magic and the like doesn't work on someone with an ultimate skill), Law Manipulation (Ultimate skill users understand the laws of the world and are also released from them), Probability Manipulation, Causality Manipulation, Durability Negation, Vibration Manipulation, Aura, Time Manipulation, Physics Manipulation (Can tank Dagruel's punchs, which warp the laws of physics), and BFR (Can move in stopped time, and move in the subspace created by Zero which had a distorted flow of time that prevented anyone in it from moving and resist being sent to another dimension or space)

Attack Potency: Large Star level (Destroyed Lucia's Castle Guard which could tank attacks that can destroy stars with a single punch. Her Dragon Nova is the ultimate perfected form of the nuclear strike magic Gravity Collapse, which is a localized gravity field that creates a small black hole. Without even using Wrathful King Satan, her Dragon Nova causes a supernova explosion with a super-high compression. She is over 10x stronger with Wrathful King Satan)

Speed: FTL (Comparable to Chloe), Massively FTL+ in Stopped Time (Can move a 1 million times normal speed while in stopped time)

Durability: Large Star level (Tanked attacks from Gii, who is comparable to her)

Stamina: High (Comparable to Chloe who fought with Gii Crimson continuously for 3 days and 3 nights), Limitless with Wrathful King Satan (Has an inexhaustible supply of mana)

Physiology

Dragonoid: As a Dragonoid Milim is an upper tier spiritual lifeform, thus she has no physical body, and exists only as a soul, has eternal youth, and will regenerate as long as the core inside her soul isn't completely destroyed.
Abilities

In addition, the user is able to observe how waves disturb the nearby magical energy, then use that information to calculate the visual, auditory and other wave-based information of the surroundings. Magic Perception also grants the ability to understand and express the intent of spoken words even if the language of the conversation partner is unknown.
Magic Perception enables users to be aware of their environment in battle even if blind or deaf and prevent a surprise attack.
Milim Eye: An ability which allows her to be able to see her target’s magical energy even if they try to hide it.
Thought Transmission: An improved version of Telepathy which allows for a network where many people can communicate telepathically, has a range of about a kilometer.
Wrathful King Satan: An ability which converts the user's wrath into magic power. So as long as the user is enraged, they will not run out of magic power. Without this ability, her energy is only 10% of that of a True Dragon, but with this ability, she can surpass True Dragons.
Dragon Nova: An ability which brightness easily surpassed that of the stars. The bright pellets created from the ability rains upon the earth and erases everything in sight. This ability is the ultimate perfected form of nuclear strike magic Gravity Collapse, which created a small black hole. Dragon Nova causes a supernova explosion with a super-high compression.
Multiple Barriers: An ability which surrounds the user with multiple barriers. Defensive barriers prevent the entry of magic power. Except for overwhelming the barrier with magical power, it is nearly impossible to break a barrier. Even the most basic barrier has more than two layers.
Resistances

Ultimate Skill User: As an ultimate skill user Milim understands the laws of the world is thus superior in using magic than everyone who doesn't possess an ultimate skill. Those who possess an ultimate skill are not affected by lower abilities. Every rule of the world is ultimately reduced to this unique level. In other words, they will not be affected by any form of magic–highest or not which gives them resistance to numerous abilities such as mind manipulation, death manipulation, matter manipulation, soul manipulation, etc. Ordinarily stealing an ultimate skill from its owner is impossible, as the skill is born from them, deep within their soul, and is etched into their nucleic heart which exists within their soul. Also, the abilities of ultimate skill users can't be analyzed by those with lower skills, in addition, ultimate skill users can know when someone is trying to analyze their abilities, and can even give fake information about their abilities
View All Quotes

https://i.redd.it/51tyusbtjqe71.gif

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/LinearLiquidLcont-max-1mb.gif

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ouZ8Pbyz0BA/XEdaqbHdtcI/AAAAAAABbA8/8osCR3EjgqQc0z3ST66RQlNTdvOJaA2jQCKgBGAs/s1600/Omake%2BGif%2BAnime%2B-%2BTensei%2BShitara%2BSlime%2BDatta%2BKen%2B-%2BEpisode%2B16%2B-%2BMilim%2BLikes%2BIt.gif

Physiology

Abilities

Resistances

You are a high school student with an upcoming test.  You prepare for the test, make flash cards, etc.  The day of the test comes and you're feeling pretty confident about it.  You walk into the classroom to find it has been converted into a posh bedroom with a massive bed in the middle and instead of other students or a teacher there is only your high school crush and your top 5 celebrity crushes in their prime all lying naked on the bed begging you to fuck their brains out.  Now, in that exact moment, how well are you going to remember what was on the flashcards?
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 3:43:55 PM EDT
[#33]

You are a high school student with an upcoming test.  You prepare for the test, make flash cards, etc.  The day of the test comes and you're feeling pretty confident about it.  You walk into the classroom to find it has been converted into a posh bedroom with a massive bed in the middle and instead of other students or a teacher there is only your high school crush and your top 5 celebrity crushes in their prime all lying naked on the bed begging you to fuck their brains out.  Now, in that exact moment, how well are you going to remember what was on the flashcards?
View Quote

Well said sir

I was going to quote this message type literally nothing and just post some fan art of Shalltear and Milim together which should be easy because obviously that should exist! ……. But apparently it does not …. So to the internet I must say I am Dissapoint
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 4:45:11 PM EDT
[#34]
The Overlord vs Slime argument went a little too TLDR for me.  Here is the short version, the Overlord crew is OP and they are good at Intel gathering and using covert ops + political maneuvering to defeat their opponents.  The Slime crew are OP and suck at Intel gathering, any sort of covert ops or political anything.

Ains would just have to send in Demiurge with some minions and a pile of resources.   Eventually all the OP characters from slime would kill each other before finally figuring out there is a 3rd party involved.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 7:02:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By mort:
The Overlord vs Slime argument went a little too TLDR for me.  Here is the short version, the Overlord crew is OP and they are good at Intel gathering and using covert ops + political maneuvering to defeat their opponents.  The Slime crew are OP and suck at Intel gathering, any sort of covert ops or political anything.

Ains would just have to send in Demiurge with some minions and a pile of resources.   Eventually all the OP characters from slime would kill each other before finally figuring out there is a 3rd party involved.
View Quote

That's basically what I said.  I also added that Ainz and his crew (with a few exceptions) are villains with no problem doing anything to win.  Kill innocents by the thousands, burn peaceful cities to the group, torture people (innocent or otherwise) for information, etc.  Rimuru wouldn't do that.

I think a lot of people don't fully grasp the insane amount of resources Nazarick has in both quality and quantity.  Ainz allowed a force of 5,000+ of his own troops to get wiped out like it was nothing just to teach one of his guardians a lesson.  Granted outside of one of them none were high levels, but still.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 7:14:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stitches1974] [#36]

That's basically what I said.  I also added that Ainz and his crew (with a few exceptions) are villains with no problem doing anything to win.  Kill innocents by the thousands, burn peaceful cities to the group, torture people (innocent or otherwise) for information, etc.  Rimuru wouldn't do that.

I think a lot of people don't fully grasp the insane amount of resources Nazarick has in both quality and quantity.  Ainz allowed a force of 5,000+ of his own troops to get wiped out like it was nothing just to teach one of his guardians a lesson.  Granted outside of one of them none were high levels, but still.
View Quote

Ainz already stated he won't torture innocents. Something he reinforced when Solution asked for innocent humans as a reward. And again, when Demiurge had 100,000 people kidnapped. Everyone who was innocent is to be given a swift death. Everyone who acted against Nazerick, was to be tortured.

The elder lich, Iguvua=41, wasn't a high level but was considered an unwanted loss. I forget Ainz's exact wording about him.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 7:22:06 PM EDT
[#37]

Ainz already stated he won't torture innocents. Something he reinforced when Solution asked for innocent humans as a reward.

The elder lich, Iguvua=41, wasn't a high level but was considered an unwanted loss. I forget Ainz's exact wording about him.
View All Quotes

Ainz already stated he won't torture innocents. Something he reinforced when Solution asked for innocent humans as a reward.

Ainz doesn't personally, but he does turn a blind eye (though maybe he's just oblivious) to his subordinates doing extremely brutal things to innocent humans and innocent demihumans.  Ainz told them "always act in the best interest of Nazarick" and that can be very open to interpretation.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 7:54:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stitches1974] [#38]

Ainz doesn't personally, but he does turn a blind eye (though maybe he's just oblivious) to his subordinates doing extremely brutal things to innocent humans and innocent demihumans.  Ainz told them "always act in the best interest of Nazarick" and that can be very open to interpretation.
View Quote

Can you point out a specific instance of that?

I know Shalltear was told by Ainz to only hunt criminals for martial arts skills, as they wouldn't be missed. When Demiurge asked Ainz why doesn't he just kill Tuare, Ainz replied that he doesn't like needless bloodshed, but then goes on to say repay violence with violence and kindness with kindness.

EDIT: He also tells Narberal and a few others to be nice to the humans, as well as telling Cocytus to lead the lizardmen by the carrot and not the stick.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 8:01:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brasscrossedrifles] [#39]
Vivy... the feels. Goddamn it.
View Quote

Most underrated show of the season.

ETA:Click To View Spoiler

I didn't realize until after that its the same author.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 8:03:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By brasscrossedrifles:

Most underrated show of the season.
View Quote

Which show is that?
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 8:06:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#41]

I know Shalltear was told by Ainz to only hunt criminals for martial arts skills, as they wouldn't be missed. When Demiurge asked Ainz why doesn't he just kill Tuare, Ainz replied that he doesn't like needless bloodshed, but then goes on to say repay violence with violence and kindness with kindness.

EDIT: He also tells Narberal and a few others to be nice to the humans, as well as telling Cocytus to lead the lizardmen by the carrot and not the stick.
View All Quotes

Demiurge's happy farm comes to mind.

And as far as Ainz telling telling Cocytus to lead the lizardmen by the carrot and not the stick: that came AFTER he first ordered Cocytus to "exterminate them."  All of them. Men, women, and children.

Link Posted: 8/9/2021 8:11:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stitches1974] [#42]

And as far as Ainz telling telling Cocytus to lead the lizardmen by the carrot and not the stick: that came AFTER he first ordered Cocytus to "exterminate them."  All of them. Men, women, and children.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/addafe8890b7692e67c19a86022606b8/tenor.gif?itemid=7928276
View All Quotes

https://media1.tenor.com/images/addafe8890b7692e67c19a86022606b8/tenor.gif?itemid=7928276

Correct, but exterminating them is not torturing innocents. What the hell is a happy farm? The only thing I know Demiurge has is the place where he makes spell scrolls. No mention at all on how the creatures he raises are killed.

torture people (innocent or otherwise) for information, etc.  

Link Posted: 8/9/2021 8:18:14 PM EDT
[#43]

Correct, but exterminating them is not torturing innocents.

View All Quotes

Correct, but exterminating them is not torturing innocents.

torture people (innocent or otherwise) for information, etc.  

I was just adding clarification to your statement.  Telling someone to exterminate a group of people and then changing your mind to rule them peacefully is a pretty big "but."

Regardless, Demiurge's happy farm is a prime example.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 8:20:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stitches1974] [#44]

I was just adding clarification to your statement.  Telling someone to exterminate a group of people and then changing your mind to rule them peacefully is a pretty big "but."

View Quote

Again, what is a happy farm? No mention of a "happy farm" in the anime.

Exterminating is not torture. The lizardmen that did die, were killed pretty quickly.

Also, I know why Monica Rial is so butch now. Larry Page killed her and took over her job.  

Link Posted: 8/9/2021 8:26:38 PM EDT
[#45]

What the hell is a happy farm? The only thing I know Demiurge has is the place where he makes spell scrolls. No mention at all on how the creatures he raises are killed.
View Quote

The scroll farms are one of the types farms Demiurge runs.  There he makes scrolls by skinning humans.  I think most of them are villagers.

There is also the Happy Farm (I think there's even more than one) where he forces humans, demihumans, and other races (some are very, very nasty) to breed with each other.  I'm sure there might be some that don't mind, but, for the most part, it's round the clock rape.

And then there are his experimental farms.  There he conducts all kinds of experiments like chopping off body parts of one person/creature and then attaching it to another  person/creature, mixing and matching all kinds of parts from living beings, etc.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 8:28:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Starting Girls Bravo. Been ages since I watched it, but it's pretty good.

Link Posted: 8/9/2021 8:30:16 PM EDT
[#47]

Exterminating is not torture. The lizardmen that did die, were killed pretty quickly.

Also, I know why Monica Rial is so butch now. Larry Page killed her and took over her job.  

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/1423711787623477256/joRsq3vM?format=jpg&name=small

https://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/external/lZVQlzZ-cuTTy8I6X3H_l1gnkl8Nq2xehyhdZXXkQg8/https/i.ytimg.com/vi/VY0Tomf000M/maxresdefault.jpg

View All Quotes

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/1423711787623477256/joRsq3vM?format=jpg&name=small

https://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/external/lZVQlzZ-cuTTy8I6X3H_l1gnkl8Nq2xehyhdZXXkQg8/https/i.ytimg.com/vi/VY0Tomf000M/maxresdefault.jpg

See above.

They didn't call it "Happy Farm" in the anime, but they did talk about the breeding experiments.

I never said exterminating was torture.  I just thought it was funny with the way you worded it a person unfamiliar with the anime might read that and think Ainz thought well of the Lizardmen when actually his original order was to wipe them out.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 8:30:52 PM EDT
[#48]

Which show is that?
View Quote

Vivy: Flourite Eye's Song

It's an idol anime, but its also cyberpunk, and time travel.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 8:31:36 PM EDT
[#49]

The scroll farms are one of the types farms Demiurge runs.  There he makes scrolls by skinning humans.  I think most of them are villagers.

There is also the Happy Farm (I think there's even more than one) where he forces humans, demihumans, and other races (some are very, very nasty) to breed with each other.  I'm sure there might be some that don't mind, but, for the most part, it's round the clock rape.

And then there are his experimental farms.  There he conducts all kinds of experiments like chopping off body parts of one person/creature and then attaching it to another  person/creature, mixing and matching all kinds of parts from living beings, etc.
View Quote

Nope! He makes scrolls by skinning chimera or ableone ( sp ) sheep. That was clearly stated and not by skinning humans.

As for the other so called farms, none of that was mentioned in the anime. I know at one point Mare, runs into a doctor and the doctor talks about interspecies breeding, but that's the only mention of it. Nothing else.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 8:34:20 PM EDT
[#50]

Nope! He makes scrolls by skinning chimera or ableone ( sp ) sheep. That was clearly stated and not by skinning humans.

As for the other so called farms, none of that was mentioned in the anime. I know at one point Mare, runs into a doctor and the doctor talks about interspecies breeding, but that's the only mention of it. Nothing else.
View All Quotes

I honestly can't tell if you're making a joke or being serious.
Page / 766
Who watches Anime? (Page 428 of 766)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top