Who watches Anime? (Page 501 of 763)
Page / 763
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 4:23:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 4:37:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: iliketatertots] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Darkstar117:
For those of us who are planning to chill like Rin whenever Japan actually opens the borders again.

The official Yuru Camp guide.
View Quote

I was just thinking about that show while looking at the Coleman Lantern thread that was posted the other day.  I need to rewatch it.  If I could afford the trip that would be a vacation I would actually enjoy. I love camping. And when I say camping I don't mean in a RV or cabin. I'm talking about a tent and sleeping bag.  It's been a long time since I've been able to do it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 8:51:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Commander_Keen:

If only I could read Japanese.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Darkstar117:
For those of us who are planning to chill like Rin whenever Japan actually opens the borders again.

The official Yuru Camp guide.

If only I could read Japanese.

Real world locations shown in Yurucamp, with Google Maps coordinates.

Some names are different from what is shown in the anime.

Google street view is available for many of them, while photo spheres are available for some others.

Season 1
Click To View Spoiler

Season 2
Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 2/15/2022 9:21:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 9:42:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: joe_sun] [#5]

Goes hand in hand with that hikikomori conversation we had. I want to be a total doof and have chicks just dig me. I mean going back to Tenshi he should have nailed Ryoko from day 1 I mean she would come hang out with him in the Onsen and then when Mayuka came around he needed to either kick Royko to the curb or brought her in on the action.. then maybe all harem anime would forever be different than they are
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 10:32:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Darkstar117] [#6]
[     ]
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 6:19:42 AM EDT
[#7]
How was your Valentines Day?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 12:16:04 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/16/2022 2:04:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:
What's the verdict on World's End Harem?  I've seen mixed reviews.

Also seeing comments about how the male MC is a spineless beta pussy is not promising for ANY anime, but especially for a ecchi harem anime.
View Quote

So far I've been enjoying it.

I get the hate for the MC but at this point he feels more based than spineless to me

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 2:36:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 2:36:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 3:15:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Rewatched some episodes of Outlaw Star on the treadmill this morning and now I have Suzuka's theme stuck in my head. I tried flushing it out by starting Kemono Michi but two episodes wasn't enough.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 3:30:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Rewatched some episodes of Outlaw Star on the treadmill this morning and now I have Suzuka's theme stuck in my head. I tried flushing it out by starting Kemono Michi but two episodes wasn't enough.
View Quote

My favorite song from Outlaw Star.

Outlaw Star - Ending A (High Definition)
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 5:03:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Stitches1974:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoxDY5G4LW8
View All Quotes

Same. I think many of the background drawings could make for quite interesting stories in and of themselves.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 5:12:44 PM EDT
[#15]

I think many of the background drawings could make for quite interesting stories in and of themselves.
View Quote

I agree. Always loved that slide show.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 5:21:08 PM EDT
[#16]
HxH gets a lot of attention (and rightfully so) for its fantastic soundtrack, but Overlord’s soundtrack is pretty fire too.

Overlord Full Score - Soundtrack by Shuji Katayama

What are your favorites?

Link Posted: 2/16/2022 5:24:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hesperus] [#17]

View Quote

I've been thinking about Outlaw Star a lot lately. In the context of SpaceX's Super Heavy Boosters. Perhaps using those to lift something like the XGP to orbit. It seems like a pretty good design for a somewhat realistic spaceship. Although full on grappler combat sounds a tad improbable.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I recall hearing somewhere that the XGP was based at least partly on the X-15.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 5:38:31 PM EDT
[#18]
HxH gets a lot of attention (and rightfully so) for its fantastic soundtrack, but Overlord's soundtrack is pretty fire too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MzPbuHXVYE

What are your favorites?

View Quote
My favorites are Mongolian Chop Squad and FLCL for soundtracks.

MCS has a lot of good music throughout the show.

Link Posted: 2/16/2022 5:48:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: joe_sun] [#19]
Not the best show but Macross 7 has the best soundtrack I've ever heard. I still listen to it and even my kids know the songs.

Macross 7 - Dynamite Opening

A huge reason is that Yoshiki Fukuyama is a freaking rock god, wrote many of the songs, played the guitar and did the vocals

Second would be Macross Frontier and it's one of my favorite anime.

Macross Frontier - What 'bout my star? @formo
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 6:02:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 6:11:58 PM EDT
[#21]
I’m not big into English covers of anime OPs, but I really like the OP for Overlord S3 and this cover has 11M views so I gave it a listen.

I gotta say, it’s pretty damn good.

Overlord III - "Voracity" (Opening) | ENGLISH Ver | AmaLee

Link Posted: 2/16/2022 6:29:02 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

I didn't even need to listen to know the song.  Many a cringe was spawned by me over this song back in high school.

Good times

I’m not big into English covers of anime OPs, but I really like the OP for Overlord S3 and this cover has 11M views so I gave it a listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZsvL7-ovGw

Ya that is pretty decent.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 6:34:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brasscrossedrifles] [#23]

View Quote

That chick is also a VA. She has been doing it for a while, mostly small roles, sometimes in big anime, but she recently got herself a big role in a big anime. I don't like dubs but I might actually rewatch this one. She is, after all, going to be best girl of the 20's.

The "My Dress-Up Darling" Dub Is Wild...
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 6:40:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Well if we are going over music.

I kinda got into some of the trap remixes and epic covers many creators have been doing.

Official Goku Drip Theme - Ultra Dripstinct

Cowboy Bebop - Tank! (Drill Remix) | [Musicality Remix]

Demon Slayer S2 Episode 10 OST: Tengen vs Gyutaro Final Fight Theme | EPIC HQ COVER

Bleach Trap Remix - Torn Apart / Invasion | (Musicality Remix)

ENEMY x MY WAR | ATTACK ON TITAN x ARCANE (Eren vs. Jinx) [MASHUP]
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 6:41:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By brasscrossedrifles:

That chick is also a VA. She has been doing it for a while, mostly small roles, sometimes in big anime, but she recently got herself a big role in a big anime. I don't like dubs but I might actually rewatch this one. She is, after all, going to be best girl of the 20's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ7oMXkGZUo
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 2/16/2022 6:58:38 PM EDT
[#26]

https://i.redd.it/ddlpv4s3z5g81.gif
View Quote

who bitch dis is
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 7:13:51 PM EDT
[#27]

who bitch dis is
View All Quotes

https://i.redd.it/ddlpv4s3z5g81.gif

who bitch dis is

Link Posted: 2/16/2022 7:51:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stitches1974] [#28]

View Quote

She plays Peipain in the second season of Show by Rock. She's the bassist in this video. ( blue hair )

Bud Virgin Logic Solitude of Judgement - English Scene Show by Rock!!

Her biggest role, that I know of, is Shea, in Arifureta. Damned horny bunny.

I know she's been in other anime, but I've only seen those 2.

Link Posted: 2/16/2022 8:06:34 PM EDT
[#29]

Her biggest role, that I know of, is Shea, in Arifureta. Damned horny bunny.

https://c.tenor.com/U285acc4Ly4AAAAC/arifureta-hajime.gif
View Quote

Arifureta is one the rare harem anime where I have no strong opinion on who best girl is.  All I know is it damn sure isn’t Kaori.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 11:55:31 PM EDT
[#30]
I gotta go with Yue, she’s strong, loyal, and actually has sex with the MC, unlike so many other isekai shows.

Really, the whole show reminds me of a remake of Konosuba, some of the characters are so similar, just a little less light hearted.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 12:13:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RustedAce] [#31]
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 12:34:46 AM EDT
[#32]
FLCL has a God tier soundtrack

Best song ever written. Ever.
The Pillows - Last Dinosaur | FLCL - English Sub [HD]

a few other tunes I like

?OP? ???†???? ?????? Hanaji by ????

Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko - OP/Opening FULL?Os-Uchuujin?by Asuka Oogame

One of the most beautiful EDs out there

Tetsuwan Birdy DECODE - Nirgilis
NIRGILIS - kiseki [Tetsuwan Birdy DECODE:02 OP]

mmmcoaltar of the deepers
Coaltar of the Deepers - DEAR FUTURE

Grey Wednesday. Penguin drum ED
Mawaru Penguindrum ED 03 -? Haiiro no Suiyoubi ?Triple H - ??????

Original is pretty cool. 1976
ARB Gray Wednesday ?????? ENG SUB + ESPAÑOL SUB

Luluco ED - Teddyloid remix
Teddyloid Ft. Bonjour Suzuki - Pipo Password (Pearl Grey Remix)
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 12:37:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Gunslinger808:
I gotta go with Yue, she’s strong, loyal, and actually has sex with the MC, unlike so many other isekai shows.

Really, the whole show reminds me of a remake of Konosuba, some of the characters are so similar, just a little less light hearted.
View Quote

I can go with that, though I just have a personal affinity for blue girls for some reason

Only gripe I can come up with on Arifureta is I guess how technical you want to get with the transmutation/alchemist magical capacity. A high schooler developing hand weapons, armor, prosthetics, even firearms from understanding the components and makeup, ok. Perhaps even a working humvee or bike. But basically an attack submarine?

Of course, the "It's magic, I ain't gotta explain shit!" excuse is always valid I suppose
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 12:37:57 AM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

Well, that's on the MC because they would ALL have sex with him if he wanted to.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 12:51:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gunslinger808] [#35]
Originally Posted By Agilt:

I can go with that, though I just have a personal affinity for blue girls for some reason

Only gripe I can come up with on Arifureta is I guess how technical you want to get with the transmutation/alchemist magical capacity. A high schooler developing hand weapons, armor, prosthetics, even firearms from understanding the components and makeup, ok. Perhaps even a working humvee or bike. But basically an attack submarine?

Of course, the "It's magic, I ain't gotta explain shit!" excuse is always valid I suppose
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Agilt:

Yeah, it’s one of those I rolled my eyes at but also enjoy.
And let’s not forget that submarine also works in lava!

Well, that's on the MC because they would ALL have sex with him if he wanted to.

At least he has sex, how many MCs have more a mortal fear of sex than they do of their enemies?
Take on the biggest baddest immortal with a firm jaw and steeled heart, but run screaming with a bloody nose at the sight of a pair of panties.

Link Posted: 2/17/2022 1:12:12 AM EDT
[#36]

At least he has sex, how many MCs have more a mortal fear of sex than they do of their enemies?
Take on the biggest baddest immortal with a firm jaw and steeled heart, but run screaming with a bloody nose at the sight of a pair of panties.
View All Quotes

Oh, I totally agree.  After having to endue pussy isekai MCs like Naofumi watching an isekai MC like Hajime is a breath of fresh air. I'm just saying for the "best girl" debate you can't really give Yue points for banging him when they ALL offer themselves to him.  He just hasn't taken them up on their offer(s).
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 1:21:43 AM EDT
[#37]

Oh, I totally agree.  After having to endue pussy isekai MCs like Naofumi watching an isekai MC like Hajime is a breath of fresh air. I'm just saying for the "best girl" debate you can't really give Yue points for banging him when they ALL offer themselves to him.  He just hasn't taken them up on their offer(s).
View Quote

Yet.

I think Yue sends mixed signals, some episodes she seems fine sharing him, others the daggers come out.
He is building quite the female following, not only Shea, Tio and Sensei,  now he’s got the girl from Japan and Myu’s mom as well.
I just hope it doesn’t lose the plot line in favor of estrogen drama.

Link Posted: 2/17/2022 1:39:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#38]

Yet.

I think Yue sends mixed signals, some episodes she seems fine sharing him, others the daggers come out.
He is building quite the female following, not only Shea, Tio and Sensei,  now he’s got the girl from Japan and Myu’s mom as well.

View All Quotes

Yet.

I really enjoy Arifureta, but at the same time it's not exactly a very deep show.  However, based on what we saw in the anime, I think Yue is okay Shea and Tio because she doesn't see them as a threat to her "bottom bitch" status.  She sees Kaori as a threat.  Or at least more of a threat than the other two.

Plus in a party setting Shea and Tio are very useful.  Kaori isn't.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 1:57:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gunslinger808] [#39]
View Quote

Send her to the lower levels to drink manna and fight/eat monsters!

ETA…
Thinking on that, they know how Hajime got so powerful, why has no one else thought to “level up” by doing that?
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 2:05:55 AM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

Hell, send his entire class down there individually.

Link Posted: 2/17/2022 2:12:36 AM EDT
[#41]

ETA…
Thinking on that, they know how Hajime got so powerful, why has no one else thought to “level up” by doing that?
View Quote

I think it was Hajime’s “weak” synergist talent that allowed him to survive.  I think pretty much all the others would be dead trying to pull that off solo in a similar position.  Especially if they tried it when they were at Hajime’s level when he did it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 2:19:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gunslinger808] [#42]
Good point, the others are already set in their ways.
Hajime was basically an un filled vessel.

Should be getting a new episode tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 2:26:55 AM EDT
[#43]
Good point, the others are already set in their ways.
Hajime was basically an un filled vessel.

Should be getting a new episode tomorrow.
View Quote

It cracked me up when his classmates in their big group were on floor 56 (or whatever) patting themselves on the back for “going deeper than anyone has before” and then they cut to Hajime on floor 87 (or whatever).
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 8:03:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Soo watching Kemono Michi yesterday and finished it up.  I have a question, Is the dumb vampire servant of the dragon girl a trap??  In the episode where Animal mask is training her to "fight" the higher ranked vampire you clearly hear her in the backround hollering no not there that's my Dick.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 8:12:01 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By treemydawg:
Soo watching Kemono Michi yesterday and finished it up.  I have a question, Is the dumb vampire servant of the dragon girl a trap??  In the episode where Animal mask is training her to "fight" the higher ranked vampire you clearly hear her in the backround hollering no not there that's my Dick.
View Quote

No. The blonde vampire alcoholic with the rack that’s obsessed with the dragon loli is not a trap.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 8:54:29 AM EDT
[#46]

Yet.

View All Quotes

Yet.

Should probably use spoilers tags in the future for those who have not watched season 2 yet.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 11:35:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: iliketatertots] [#47]

Should probably use spoilers tags in the future for those who have not watched season 2 yet.
View All Quotes

Yet.

If anything that would be a season one spoiler considering they were doing it in the hidden mansion thing they found and when they resurfaced he always refers to her as his lover.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 11:59:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Stitches1974] [#48]
Originally Posted By iliketatertots:

If anything that would be a season one spoiler considering they were doing it in the hidden mansion thing they found and when they resurfaced he always refers to her as his lover.
View Quote

Um there was no sex scene in season one. Not even hinted at. Yes, they referred to each other as lovers, but nothing happened.

EDIT: Unless this was something very poorly translated from the mange/ light novel, which I don't read.
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 2:24:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: iliketatertots] [#49]

Um there was no sex scene in season one. Not even hinted at. Yes, they referred to each other as lovers, but nothing happened.

EDIT: Unless this was something very poorly translated from the mange/ light novel, which I don't read.
View Quote

I think you need to rewatch it if think it wasn't hinted at.  Maybe you didn't pick up on it but it was definitely implied in the show that she seduces him in the bathtub scene in the hidden mansion.  Afterwards he refers to her as his lover. I don't know about how it is wherever you live but no one I have met, heard of, or watched on TV has ever referred to someone they are not sleeping with as their lover.  I don't know how they could have made it any clearer to the viewer that they are in a sexual relationship without having a sex scene.  

For the record I have never read the manga or novels for this show and it wasn't hard to figure out.  I also have not watched season 2
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 2:43:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By iliketatertots:

I think you need to rewatch it if think it wasn't hinted at.  Maybe YOU didn't pick up on it but it was HEAVILY implied in the show that she seduces him in the bathtub scene in the hidden mansion.  Afterwards he refers to her as his lover. I don't know about how it is wherever you live but no one I have met, heard of, or watched on TV has ever referred to someone they are not sleeping with as their lover.  I don't know how they could have made it any clearer to the VIEWER that they are in a sexual relationship without having a sex scene.  

For the record I have never read the manga or novels for this show and it wasn't hard to figure out.  I also have not watched season 2
View Quote

Have watched it twice and own the blue ray. I didn't see any hints like that.  
Page / 763
Who watches Anime? (Page 501 of 763)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top