User Panel

Site Notices
Who watches Anime? (Page 536 of 763)
Page / 763
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 12:51:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 10:45:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I was planning on watching both the sub and the dub for Spy x Family, but after watching about half of E1 for the dub I'll just be sticking with the sub for this one because that was a pretty shitty dub, IMO.  You'd think with as popular as the anime was projected to be they would have put more effort into it, but I guess not.  Oh, well, at least the sub is great.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 10:50:15 PM EDT
[#3]
@DprvdDgnrt (or anyone else who might know): what happened to Kanna's voice in the dub for S2 of Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid?  I read that it was Jad Saxton for both seasons, but it sounds very different from S1.  Almost like the VA is holding their nose when they are doing the voice or something.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 11:02:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:
@DprvdDgnrt (or anyone else who might know): what happened to Kanna's voice in the dub for S2 of Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid?  I read that it was Jad Saxton for both seasons, but it sounds very different from S1.  Almost like the VA is holding their nose when they are doing the voice or something.
View Quote

Yeah I noticed especially because I played episode 1 the other day when we were talking about the show …. But no not really sure why, how many episodes have you watched? Maybe it’s just towards the start I’d have to look again at other episodes at this point
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 11:15:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#5]
Originally Posted By DprvdDgnrt:

Yeah I noticed especially because I played episode 1 the other day when we were talking about the show …. But no not really sure why, how many episodes have you watched? Maybe it’s just towards the start I’d have to look again at other episodes at this point
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I'm about halfway through S2.  Just finished the episode where the oppai loli started working at the candy (or whatever) store.  Her meeting the owner's grandson was very amusing and having the dragon girls interact with a male character that wasn't gay or prepubescent was a nice change of pace.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 11:42:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 12:36:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Happy Easter!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/517465/D079EB5F-361D-42F9-95B7-EAC548106900_jpe-2352053.JPG

I feel like we never talk about Haruhi … I really liked it, almost like one of those shows that are basically required watching
View Quote

Thank you for mentioning this!

This is a perfect example of the older anime that I'm looking for. It's something that is definitely worth watching, but is old enough that it never gets discussed anymore.

This thread has been a wealth of information and great recommendations!
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 1:42:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By ConcernedCitizen:

This is a perfect example of the older anime that I'm looking for. It's something that is definitely worth watching, but is old enough that it never gets discussed anymore.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ConcernedCitizen:
Happy Easter!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/517465/D079EB5F-361D-42F9-95B7-EAC548106900_jpe-2352053.JPG

I feel like we never talk about Haruhi … I really liked it, almost like one of those shows that are basically required watching

It has been sitting in my CR watchlist for a long time.

Guess that I ought to actually get around to watching it.

Just started Hybrid x Heart Magias Academy Ataraxia - looks like a trashy ecchi harem offering - which is OK with me…

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 2:06:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 2:55:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Finally catching up on anime. Gotta say, Spy x Family is the best of the new season.

Was down for a few days replaying Witcher 3 in hopes of doing a new game + when the ps5 upgrade comes out. If it does
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 3:30:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Trust me, Spy will get even better, if you haven’t read the manga I’m not going to spoil it for you.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 3:35:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Liaztraht:
Finally catching up on anime. Gotta say, Spy x Family is the best of the new season.

Was down for a few days replaying Witcher 3 in hopes of doing a new game + when the ps5 upgrade comes out. If it does
View Quote

Probably my 2nd all time favorite single player game behind only Skyrim.

It’s a shame Netflix shit the bed with the Witcher show.  There was so much potential there and Henry Cavill was, surprisingly, great as Geralt.

What we deserved:

Attachment Attached File

What Netflix gave us:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 3:44:20 AM EDT
[#13]

It's a shame Netflix shit the bed with the Witcher show.  There was so much potential there and Henry Cavill was, surprisingly, great as Geralt.

What we deserved:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/540D181A-23DB-4C49-89A2-095B8EE5433B_jpe-2353110.JPG

What Netflix gave us:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/99ACC60F-2D75-4DC4-993C-19EEBF25A9C6_jpe-2353111.JPG
View All Quotes

It's a shame Netflix shit the bed with the Witcher show.  There was so much potential there and Henry Cavill was, surprisingly, great as Geralt.

What we deserved:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/540D181A-23DB-4C49-89A2-095B8EE5433B_jpe-2353110.JPG

What Netflix gave us:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/99ACC60F-2D75-4DC4-993C-19EEBF25A9C6_jpe-2353111.JPG
It's a shame what Netflix did. What we need is a quality anime adaption. Or maybe at least an isekai with the same lore and fantastic creature design. None of the brightly colored happy-go-lucky artwork or stories

I'm torn between Skyrim and Witcher 3 over which is better. Both still hold up nicely and both are very replayable. Though I enjoy Witcher's storyline better, Skyrim is just endless on possibilities.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 3:58:34 AM EDT
[#14]
It's a shame what Netflix did. What we need is a quality anime adaption. Or maybe at least an isekai with the same lore and fantastic creature design. None of the brightly colored happy-go-lucky artwork or stories
View All Quotes

What we deserved:

What Netflix gave us:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:04:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#15]

I'm torn between Skyrim and Witcher 3 over which is better. Both still hold up nicely and both are very replayable. Though I enjoy Witcher's storyline better, Skyrim is just endless on possibilities.
View All Quotes

What we deserved:

What Netflix gave us:

There are obviously different ways to take down monsters in Wild Hunt, but there’s not many different play styles.  Skyrim has a ton though.  My favorite is probably an archer/assassin build.  One of these days I’m going to do a pure mage build from start to finish, but it’s hard at the lower levels and the really high levels.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:26:19 AM EDT
[#16]

There are obviously different ways to take down monsters in Wild Hunt, but there's not many different play styles.  Skyrim has a ton though.  My favorite is probably an archer/assassin build.  One of these days I'm going to do a pure mage build from start to finish, but it's hard at the lower levels and the really high levels.
View All Quotes

What we deserved:

What Netflix gave us:

There are obviously different ways to take down monsters in Wild Hunt, but there's not many different play styles.  Skyrim has a ton though.  My favorite is probably an archer/assassin build.  One of these days I'm going to do a pure mage build from start to finish, but it's hard at the lower levels and the really high levels.
I have a hard time going with mage builds. Find it boring. I always end up maxing sneak, archery, and one handed. Every... single... time... twin daggers ftw

One hitting opponents that can't see you crouched right in front of them is too much fun.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:36:50 AM EDT
[#17]
I have a hard time going with mage builds. Find it boring. I always end up maxing sneak, archery, and one handed. Every... single... time... twin daggers ftw

One hitting opponents that can't see you crouched right in front of them is too much fun.
View All Quotes

What we deserved:

What Netflix gave us:

“Must have been the wind…”

You owe it yourself to reach level 100 conjuration at least once.  Being able to summon two Dremora Lords at the same time to do your bidding is pretty badass.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:41:26 AM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

Skyrim for me, with all the mods it’s not even the same game it was 10 years ago.
The only piss off was all the work I had to do to get it running again after the AE version glitched it so bad.

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 5:17:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Liaztraht] [#19]

"Must have been the wind"

You owe it yourself to reach level 100 conjuration at least once.  Being able to summon two Dremora Lords at the same time to do your bidding is pretty badass.

View Quote
The wind you say?
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Fart

Gets me every time.

Originally Posted By Gunslinger808:

Skyrim for me, with all the mods it's not even the same game it was 10 years ago.
The only piss off was all the work I had to do to get it running again after the AE version glitched it so bad.

View Quote
I've lost count of how many times I've beat it, modded it, done alternate starts, and even played Enderal (which is built on top of Skyrim).

Got it the night of release, and then beat the main story in one go. Argonian with sneak, one handed, and light armor only. Infact, that's where I came up with my user name for everything.

I named myself after a damed lizard

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 5:52:45 AM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

What we deserved:

What Netflix gave us:

Skyrim's great fault is that the stealth archer is so overwhelmingly powerful that it's difficult to force yourself to play any other build.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 12:22:29 PM EDT
[#21]

I loved that she was so out of pocket at that point.  No one cared that he showed up covered in blood.

Also that leg catch.  I would have married her too.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 12:28:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By TheOTHERmaninblack:

Skyrim's great fault is that the stealth archer is so overwhelmingly powerful that it's difficult to force yourself to play any other build.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheOTHERmaninblack:

What we deserved:

What Netflix gave us:

Yeah, stealth is pretty broken.  W/O using magic you shouldn't be able to just crouch down a couple of yards in front of someone looking right at you and disappear regardless of how stealthy you are.

And I wouldn't call it a "great fault," but I really wish they included Oblivion's ability to create spells.  That was a LOT of fun.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 12:29:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Bacon_Grease:

I loved that she was so out of pocket at that point.  No one cared that he showed up covered in blood.

View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 1:00:01 PM EDT
[#24]

I would change the top right to "muscle princess"

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 1:27:39 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

But...

His explanations were totally believable.

Totally...

(Not to mention that little slip-up.)

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 3:43:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brasscrossedrifles] [#26]

Technically Yor is a cake and a step mom.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 3:52:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Anyone watching "Ya boy Kongming"

Famous Ancient chinese three kingdoms tactician isekai'd to present day Japan to get involved in the Music Scene.

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:01:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Anyone watching "Ya boy Kongming"

Famous Ancient chinese three kingdoms tactician isekai'd to present day Japan to get involved in the Music Scene.

https://c.tenor.com/1Qd5i2VPbvgAAAAM/kongming-speed-boost.gif
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 4:04:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By targetworks:

But...

Totally...

View All Quotes

But...

Totally...

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 5:23:18 PM EDT
[#30]
What’s the hive think of Kotaro Lives Alone on Netflix?
I enjoyed it!
I hope it gets a second season.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:24:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ConcernedCitizen] [#31]
Originally Posted By mort:
But did you watch the 2nd season without skipping any episodes?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mort:
Happy Easter!

I feel like we never talk about Haruhi  I really liked it, almost like one of those shows that are basically required watching
But did you watch the 2nd season without skipping any episodes?

And suddenly, this comment makes perfect sense...

I must admit, the longer it went on, the more serious my sense of anxiety became. Definitely a bold move regarding the plot twist, but I think they pulled it off quite well in the end.

I can't imagine what it was like waiting for a new episode to drop each week!

The convoluted timeline was definitely an issue, though. I didn't know chronological order was so important going into it, so I may need to watch it again in the correct order, just to see how much it changes things.

Overall, definitely worth adding to my favorites list.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 12:43:30 AM EDT
[#32]
If it wasn’t for Kobayashi herself Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid could have found it’s way into my yearly rewatch rotation.  As it is though it was entertaining enough to enjoy once, but not good enough I’d ever want to rewatch it.  Unless maybe someone releases a version with Kobayashi cut out.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 3:45:36 AM EDT
[#33]
I thought Aharen-san was wholesome not "wholesome"

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 4:21:15 AM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

IIRC I didn’t get very far into ep. 2 before I dropped it - but I don’t remember what it was that caused me to lose interest that quickly.

Maybe the MC just grated on me, but maybe it was something else that just annoyed the hell out of me.

Interesting how opinions can vary so drastically.

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 4:25:11 AM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

The giant girl that’s easily frightened cracks me up.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 4:36:35 AM EDT
[#36]
I've only seen episode 1, but found it thoroughly meh. I found myself clicking away and listening to it in the background, which isn't something I normally do on a first watch.

I think it may be because there's no 'why' in the plot. The stated reasons for them to be together or for her actions just don't seem to be plausible.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 4:38:44 AM EDT
[#37]

IIRC I didn't get very far into ep. 2 before I dropped it - but I don't remember what it was that caused me to lose interest that quickly.

Maybe the MC just grated on me, but maybe it was something else that just annoyed the hell out of me.

Interesting how opinions can vary so drastically.

View Quote
To each their own.

I mean STOP HATING THINGS I LIKE / LIKING THE THINGS I HATE!

She is funny. I also enjoyed the death metal reference

Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:22:45 AM EDT
[#38]
If it wasn’t for Kobayashi herself Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid could have found it’s way into my yearly rewatch rotation.  As it is though it was entertaining enough to enjoy once, but not good enough I’d ever want to rewatch it.  Unless maybe someone releases a version with Kobayashi cut out.
View Quote

I’m pretty surprised by this take

Don’t get me wrong she isn’t my favorite character in the show but I think having her there for Tohru and the other Dragons to interact with worked pretty well especially since so many shows like this would have just put in bland male protagonist #863 in her place, to be fair she is pretty bland herself but a lot of the really whiny ones are a lot more annoying then Kobyashi was for me at least
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:49:34 AM EDT
[#39]

Don’t get me wrong she isn’t my favorite character in the show but I think having her there for Tohru and the other Dragons to interact with worked pretty well especially since so many shows like this would have just put in bland male protagonist #863 in her place, to be fair she is pretty bland herself but a lot of the really whiny ones are a lot more annoying then Kobyashi was for me at least
View All Quotes

I tuned in to watch funny, hot, and/or cute dragon girls do funny, hot, and/or cute dragon girl things.  Not to watch a boring, bland, homely, androgynous woman be a boring AF office drone. She was so off-putting it resulted in pretty much every scene Tohru fawned all over Kobayashi to cause me to become bewildered as to what truly caused Tohru to very, very quickly fall madly in love with her and why she remained so.  

It kinda reminded me of No Game No Life when Sora used the Pledges to make Stephanie fall in love with him right after they met only Kobayashi didn’t use any magic.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:27:41 AM EDT
[#40]

There's a live action Demon Slayer, complete with boobs-a-poppin on the pink haired Hashira?
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:35:47 AM EDT
[#41]

I tuned in to watch funny, hot, and/or cute dragon girls do funny, hot, and/or cute dragon girl things.  Not to watch a boring, bland, homely, androgynous woman be a boring AF office drone. She was so off-putting it resulted in pretty much every scene Tohru fawned all over Kobayashi to cause me to become bewildered as to what truly caused Tohru to very, very quickly fall madly in love with her and why she remained so.  

It kinda reminded me of No Game No Life when Sora used the Pledges to make Stephanie fall in love with him right after they met only Kobayashi didn’t use any magic.  
View All Quotes

Okay that makes a lot of of sense, the difference for me is I just didn’t find her to be actively off putting

I really enjoyed Monster Musune and To Love Ru for the same reasons as Dragon maid and I’ll take Kobyashi over their leads anyday of the week Yuki from To Love Ru is cringe as fuck at least Kobyashi can accidentally come in contact with one of the girls breasts without sperging out and having a stroke and I literally can’t remember anything what so ever about the character from monster musune maybe I liked him? Maybe he was annoying I genuinely can’t remember for the life of me but I feel like years later if someone asked my about dragon maid I could easily describe Kobyashi
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:40:56 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By PepePewPew:

There's a live action Demon Slayer, complete with boobs-a-poppin on the pink haired Hashira?
View All Quotes

That’s the rumor, but I’ve never seen it and all the things I know about it I gathered from memes.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 10:48:56 AM EDT
[#43]

Okay that makes a lot of of sense, the difference for me is I just didn’t find her to be actively off putting

I really enjoyed Monster Musune and To Love Ru for the same reasons as Dragon maid and I’ll take Kobyashi over their leads anyday of the week Yuki from To Love Ru is cringe as fuck at least Kobyashi can accidentally come in contact with one of the girls breasts without sperging out and having a stroke and I literally can’t remember anything what so ever about the character from monster musune maybe I liked him? Maybe he was annoying I genuinely can’t remember for the life of me but I feel like years later if someone asked my about dragon maid I could easily describe Kobyashi
View All Quotes

I can’t comment on To Love Ru.  I watched that a while ago and TBH I barely remember it.  The MC from Monster Musune was MUCH, MUCH better than Kobayashi, IMO.  Not only was he significantly less annoying, but it made more sense why the monster girls liked him than it did why Tohru was completely obsessed with and totally in love with Kobayashi a few hours after they met.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:16:27 AM EDT
[#44]

That’s the rumor, but I’ve never seen it and all the things I know about it I gathered from memes.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/7691FD86-A012-464A-BE13-4908609FB404_png-2354461.JPG
View Quote

Speaking of Demon Slayer, how many hours can you fight a couple of upper rank demons before the sun comes up and burns them to a crisp?

This one battle has been going on since February.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:27:35 AM EDT
[#45]

Speaking of Demon Slayer, how many hours can you fight a couple of upper rank demons before the sun comes up and burns them to a crisp?

View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/7691FD86-A012-464A-BE13-4908609FB404_png-2354461.JPG

It lasted the blink of an eye compared to Z Fighters vs Frieza.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:36:16 AM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

A few years ago, I stumbled onto a torrent site that dealt with not just anime, but also had live action Japanese TV shows.  Haven't got a clue if the site still exists, though.

If the live action version exists, it's probably on the internet, somewhere.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 1:52:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: iliketatertots] [#47]
Originally Posted By JPN:

A few years ago, I stumbled onto a torrent site that dealt with not just anime, but also had live action Japanese TV shows.  Haven't got a clue if the site still exists, though.

View All Quotes

Maybe I am misunderstanding but if you guys are talking about the actual movie those pictures are from you can find scenes from it very easily because it's a porn film.  Just Google Mitsuki Nagisa demon slayer.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 7:27:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By iliketatertots:

Maybe I am misunderstanding but if you guys are talking about the actual movie those pictures are from you can find scenes from it very easily because it's a porn film.  Just Google Mitsuki Nagisa demon slayer.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By iliketatertots:

Ah, that would be a bit different than what I was thinking of.

They did do a live action Horimiya series (not porn) in Japan.  I saw a subtitled version of the first episode and thought the cast was trying too hard (could have toned things down a bit).
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:43:21 PM EDT
[#49]
I think it may be two or three years old, but I’ve just come across it (on HiDive) - and judging by ep.1 at least, when it comes to mindless entertainment, it looks like Kandagawa Jet Girls may be in the running for a top spot.

The Tokyo girls are ‘adorbs’, the jet skis are hot and wet, and the competition (to see whose oppai are the bounciest, not to mention the water races themselves) is fierce.

As if that weren’t enough, there’s also competitive shooting involved - with what looks like precision high-powered assault squirt guns that the competitors use to shoot each other in the ass during the race in order to cause deliberate wardrobe malfunctions. What’s not to like?

I haven’t watched enough of it yet to figure out the scoring system - but I’m wondering whether it may have been influenced by the ne-plus-ultra-WTFness of Keijo, the boob-and-butt competition anime series, or perhaps vice-versa.

Biggest downside so far is the sacrilegious blurring of bare oppai - why, just why would they ruin it like that? Also, one of the MCs, a dorky country-bumpkin naïf who is visiting the big city for the first time, is pretty annoying at times - well, actually pretty annoying all of the time -  but her roommate-and-racing-partner is a cute ‘bijin’ who more than makes up for it.

Does it look like a great and memorable series? Nope, not even close. But I think that I’ll watch at least a few more episodes, if only to see just how far they will take it in the ecchi department.

Link Posted: 4/20/2022 12:38:46 AM EDT
[#50]
I think it may be two or three years old, but I’ve just come across it (on HiDive) - and judging by ep.1 at least, when it comes to mindless entertainment, it looks like Kandagawa Jet Girls may be in the running for a top spot.

The Tokyo girls are ‘adorbs’, the jet skis are hot and wet, and the competition (to see whose oppai are the bounciest, not to mention the water races themselves) is fierce.

As if that weren’t enough, there’s also competitive shooting involved - with what looks like precision high-powered assault squirt guns that the competitors use to shoot each other in the ass during the race in order to cause deliberate wardrobe malfunctions. What’s not to like?

I haven’t watched enough of it yet to figure out the scoring system - but I’m wondering whether it may have been influenced by the ne-plus-ultra-WTFness of Keijo, the boob-and-butt competition anime series, or perhaps vice-versa.

Biggest downside so far is the sacrilegious blurring of bare oppai - why, just why would they ruin it like that? Also, one of the MCs, a dorky country-bumpkin naïf who is visiting the big city for the first time, is pretty annoying at times - well, actually pretty annoying all of the time -  but her roommate-and-racing-partner is a cute ‘bijin’ who more than makes up for it.

Does it look like a great and memorable series? Nope, not even close. But I think that I’ll watch at least a few more episodes, if only to see just how far they will take it in the ecchi department.

View Quote

@targetworks

I don't know if you have figured out this trick on HiDive so I'll share it with you. Their interface is really odd and it's easy to miss.  If you go into the language option for the show you are watching and see the "home video" option most of the time it is the uncensored version. I checked real quick and it looks like the English dub of your series is uncensored because I saw some uncensored oppai complete with TKB in episode 3. I didn't check the sub version though but the home video version is there for it too.
Page / 763
Who watches Anime? (Page 536 of 763)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top