Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Who watches Anime? (Page 561 of 763)
Page / 763
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 12:55:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I just had 7 manga or LN pre-orders land in my queue.  Why did everyone seem to pick June 21 for all these releases?  Is this a publishing world thing or a fiscal year thing?
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 1:12:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Liaztraht:
Originally Posted By Seiran:
Binged Kaguya to the current episode and gotta say this season has me both laughing and screaming no at the screen
I enjoy that one very much

https://64.media.tumblr.com/1b74ba412bd17fb804683e08411dce8d/tumblr_pmb8ppyQYG1vgzd4so1_r1_400.gifv

Word is that the finale next week is a double length episode.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 1:36:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Bacon_Grease:
Just started Spriggan.  So far I like it. The explanation of things is certainly better than the movie.

I also like that Yu is more of a young impressionable kid who finds AR CAM's work fascinating.  Works better with the theme.

https://kawaiifu.com/wp-content/uploads/bfi_thumb/Spriggan-pqj7y5i0uecooskajw07sy2cki6itnjt7rv69xpt9c.jpg
View Quote
Based on your post, I gave it a try. Being netflix, I wasn't hopeful. Three minutes in and the first bad guy is a religious nutter doing "God's work." Cliche checks out for netflix.

Is the rest of it gonna be like this?
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 1:53:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#4]
Originally Posted By Keekleberrys:
Anyone heard from randomguy1911a1?

He hasn’t posted in 7 months almost. Kinda worried based on what he was saying at the time.
View Quote

Who was the poster that had a meltdown and said he wasn’t going to post again for at least a year?  He got upset that no one was talking about anime he liked and someone asked him to list some so maybe ppl here could watch it and then they’d talk about it.  His response was to start ranting about how he wasn’t going to waste his time telling us, we were a bunch of casuals because we weren’t watching 87 different anime during the current season like he was, etc.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 2:03:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 2:03:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:

Who was the poster that had a meltdown and said he wasn’t going to post again for at least a year?  He got upset that no one was talking about anime he liked and someone asked him to list some so maybe ppl here could watch it and then they’d talk about it.  His response was to start ranting about how he wasn’t going to waste his time telling us, we were a bunch of casuals because we weren’t watching 87 different anime during the current season like he was, etc.
View All Quotes

He hasn’t posted in 7 months almost. Kinda worried based on what he was saying at the time.

That was hilarious! He was trying to out-hipster everyone by bragging about how many different shows he was watching that no one had ever heard of.

Anime hipsters...
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 2:08:47 AM EDT
[#7]

Oh.

Maybe i had him confused with someone else. For some reason I thought he said he had cancer or some shit.  maybe im just a retard. Its fucking impossible to look up because the archives have been name stripped and  crippled.
View Quote
Randomguy1911 was not in good health (I don't know if he had cancer), and I don't think he was the dude that got all uppity about shows he watched. I hope he's alright.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 2:39:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By ConcernedCitizen:

That was hilarious! He was trying to out-hipster everyone by bragging about how many different shows he was watching that no one had ever heard of.

Anime hipsters...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ConcernedCitizen:

Anime hipsters...

It was BB868.  He also called us weebs after he just ranted about how he was watching 87 anime that season.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 2:42:43 AM EDT
[#9]

Oh.

Maybe i had him confused with someone else. For some reason I thought he said he had cancer or some shit.  maybe im just a retard. Its fucking impossible to look up because the archives have been name stripped and  crippled.
View All Quotes

Who was the poster that had a meltdown and said he wasn’t going to post again for at least a year?  He got upset that no one was talking about anime he liked and someone asked him to list some so maybe ppl here could watch it and then they’d talk about it.  His response was to start ranting about how he wasn’t going to waste his time telling us, we were a bunch of casuals because we weren’t watching 87 different anime this season like he was, etc.

Oh.

I was asking who the hipster doofus was. I didn't mean to imply I was claiming it was Randomguy1911.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 3:12:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By 2alpha-down0:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 2alpha-down0:
Originally Posted By Seiran:
Binged Kaguya to the current episode and gotta say this season has me both laughing and screaming no at the screen
I enjoy that one very much

https://64.media.tumblr.com/1b74ba412bd17fb804683e08411dce8d/tumblr_pmb8ppyQYG1vgzd4so1_r1_400.gifv

Hell yeah!

I've been waiting for it to finish airing. It's one of the ones I enjoy binging. Sounds like I have a fun night coming up!
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 3:14:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 3:18:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 3:19:50 AM EDT
[#13]
View All Quotes

I can see your new avatar now.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/21/2022 3:36:28 AM EDT
[#14]

I can see your new avatar now.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/nod-3.gif
View All Quotes
Yay!

Link Posted: 6/21/2022 3:45:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Liaztraht] [#15]
Finally got around to watching ID: Invaded, after it was posted a good few pages back.

I definitely enjoyed it. It was one that was hard to stop watching. If you enjoy Psycho-Pass, you'll enjoy this.

Fair warning though, for those that haven't seen it, miss Nails on a Chalkboard voices one of the main reoccurring characters in the dub, so watch it subbed

Link Posted: 6/21/2022 10:59:59 AM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

He's okay, I talk to him off of arfcom a little.

He actually went to an anime convention last week.

He just got sick of all the crap here.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 11:00:41 AM EDT
[#17]
@Keekleberrys
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 3:05:48 PM EDT
[#18]
If Discord Was An Anime | Discord Girls

Someone else post this yet?
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 3:09:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Wife unit and I finished the new Ghost in the Shell on Netflix. Genuinely enjoyed it, which is a first for her. I know it’s training-wheels anime but it’s a start. Only took 30 years.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 4:30:52 PM EDT
[#20]

I was asking who the hipster doofus was. I didn't mean to imply I was claiming it was Randomguy1911.
View All Quotes

Who was the poster that had a meltdown and said he wasn’t going to post again for at least a year?  He got upset that no one was talking about anime he liked and someone asked him to list some so maybe ppl here could watch it and then they’d talk about it.  His response was to start ranting about how he wasn’t going to waste his time telling us, we were a bunch of casuals because we weren’t watching 87 different anime this season like he was, etc.

Oh.

@RandomGuy1911A1

I remember him as having the Freakazoid avatar for a long time. Shows he hasn’t posted since December 13th or so.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 4:41:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Agilt:

@RandomGuy1911A1

I remember him as having the Freakazoid avatar for a long time. Shows he hasn’t posted since December 13th or so.
View All Quotes

Oh.

@RandomGuy1911A1

Speaking of MIA members: DprvdDgnrt hasn't posted anywhere in two weeks.  He was pretty active too.

I wish the site didn't do away with "last logged on date."
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 4:47:29 PM EDT
[#22]

Speaking of MIA members: DprvdDgnrt hasn't posted anywhere in two weeks.  He was pretty active too.

View All Quotes

Who was the poster that had a meltdown and said he wasn't going to post again for at least a year?  He got upset that no one was talking about anime he liked and someone asked him to list some so maybe ppl here could watch it and then they'd talk about it.  His response was to start ranting about how he wasn't going to waste his time telling us, we were a bunch of casuals because we weren't watching 87 different anime this season like he was, etc.

Oh.

@RandomGuy1911A1

I remember him as having the Freakazoid avatar for a long time. Shows he hasn't posted since December 13th or so.

Ay! Yo! @DprvdDgnrt you okay?

Link Posted: 6/21/2022 5:00:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Just talked to RandomGuy1911A1.

He says thank you for thinking of him.

He's gearing up for Anime Matsuri in Houston now. And he met Brittney Karbowski at the last convention, and she was cool in person.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 5:06:24 PM EDT
[#24]
View All Quotes

Who was the poster that had a meltdown and said he wasn't going to post again for at least a year?  He got upset that no one was talking about anime he liked and someone asked him to list some so maybe ppl here could watch it and then they'd talk about it.  His response was to start ranting about how he wasn't going to waste his time telling us, we were a bunch of casuals because we weren't watching 87 different anime this season like he was, etc.

Oh.

@RandomGuy1911A1

I remember him as having the Freakazoid avatar for a long time. Shows he hasn't posted since December 13th or so.

https://v5a5f8p9.stackpathcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Miss-Kobayashis-Dragon-Maid-S-Episode-1-Ilulu-Jiggles.gif

I tagged about a week ago with a One Piece post.  Now you tagged him with a Ilulu gif.  If he still doesn't respond maybe in another week someone could try tagging him with a trap post.  Also, oppai lolis are abominations.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 5:07:41 PM EDT
[#25]

I tagged about a week ago with a One Piece post.  Now you tagged him with a Ilulu gif.  If he still doesn't respond maybe in another week someone could try tagging him with a trap post.  Also, oppai lolis are abominations.
View All Quotes

Oh.

@RandomGuy1911A1

https://v5a5f8p9.stackpathcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Miss-Kobayashis-Dragon-Maid-S-Episode-1-Ilulu-Jiggles.gif

Unfortunately... not sure I know how to check on  DprvdDgnrt.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 5:08:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:
Just talked to RandomGuy1911A1.

He says thank you for thinking of him.

He's gearing up for Anime Matsuri in Houston now. And he met Brittney Karbowski at the last convention, and she was cool in person.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/21/2022 5:22:13 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote
Gotta bait 'em in to the thread

View Quote
Hope he's good. Weebs together strong.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 8:23:13 PM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes

Oh.

@RandomGuy1911A1

DprvdDgnrt has been perma-banned. He asked me to post here letting you guys know. He will no longer be able to participate in the weekly Hentai circle-jerks.

Goodbye anime weirdos…
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 8:25:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By French1966:

DprvdDgnrt has been perma-banned. He asked me to post here letting you guys know. He will no longer be able to participate in the weekly Hentai circle-jerks.

Goodbye anime weirdos
View Quote
So long and thanks for all the traps.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 10:46:00 PM EDT
[#30]

Goodbye anime weirdos…
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/21/2022 10:49:05 PM EDT
[#31]
wait it does not show that he is banned

maybe just form GD?
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 12:14:05 AM EDT
[#32]
They removed the ability to see if a member was banned.

Also, and I’m sort of afraid to ask, why did he get banned?
Not trying to start anything, just curious.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 12:23:43 AM EDT
[#33]

Goodbye anime weirdos…
View All Quotes

Oh.

@RandomGuy1911A1

Goodbye anime weirdos…

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 1:43:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Liaztraht] [#34]
Originally Posted By Gunslinger808:

Also, and I'm sort of afraid to ask, why did he get banned?
View Quote
I did a bunch of site searching, including by post and with key words like "coc". Found an old post of his still up with a coc 2 violation, but that was months ago...

Probably something in a nuked thread.

May he rip in peace

Attachment Attached File

ETA, his page says last post on the 7th, and I found a deleted post in a "cops ambush innocent man" thread... his last one
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/22/2022 2:32:41 AM EDT
[#35]

DprvdDgnrt has been perma-banned.
View Quote
That is very uncouth.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 3:02:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By odiedodi:
That is very uncouth.
View Quote

Not elegant.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 3:16:09 AM EDT
[#37]
On a lighter note, CR shows in the updated list that they now have No Guns Life  and Soul Eater .

So that's something.

Link Posted: 6/22/2022 3:22:03 AM EDT
[#38]
I did a bunch of site searching, including by post and with key words like "coc". Found an old post of his still up with a coc 2 violation, but that was months ago...

May he rip in peace

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/504436/x206ias4q9i81_jpg-2426610.JPG

ETA, his page says last post on the 7th, and I found a deleted post in a "cops ambush innocent man" thread... his last one
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/504436/SmartSelect_20220621-224929_Chrome_jpg-2426614.JPG
View All Quotes

May he rip in peace

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/504436/SmartSelect_20220621-224929_Chrome_jpg-2426614.JPG

I'm curious what he said to get perma banned for it.  Especially considering every time I've seen DprvdDgnrt post he seemed like a pretty lax guy.  
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 3:32:30 AM EDT
[#39]

I'm curious what he said to get perma banned for it.  Especially considering every time I've seen DprvdDgnrt post he seemed like a pretty lax guy.  
View All Quotes

May he rip in peace

For real.

I once got a pp slap for posting an inappropriately titled song in a political thread. Well... thinking back, it's probably not appropriate at anytime these days  

Could be a similar thing, or something made him snap. That seems to be common now.

Hope he's off enjoying guns and anime.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 3:36:23 AM EDT
[#40]
For real.

I once got a pp slap for posting an inappropriately titled song in a political thread. Well... thinking back, it's probably not appropriate at anytime these days  

Could be a similar thing, or something made him snap. That seems to be common now.

View All Quotes

May he rip in peace

For real.

DprvdDgnrt could still end up returning though.

There's another poster (not in this thread) that got perma banned after he had already received over half a dozen warnings and multiple temp bans.  When he finally got the ban hammer multiple mods and members of site staff made comments like "his perma ban was a long time coming" and "he more than earned it."

And then a few months later the poster was back and shitposting again.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 3:42:16 AM EDT
[#41]

There's another poster (not in this thread) that got perma banned after he had already received over half a dozen warnings and multiple temp bans.  When he finally got the ban hammer multiple mods and members of site staff made comments like "his perma ban was a long time coming" and "he more than earned it."

View All Quotes

May he rip in peace

For real.

Pour one out for the homie

Attachment Attached File

And one for the heart

Link Posted: 6/22/2022 6:35:01 AM EDT
[#42]
View All Quotes

Oh.

@RandomGuy1911A1

Goodbye anime weirdos…

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/A5EA8D2C-4BB6-4B91-ABCC-56A321223A84_jpe-2426585.JPG

Damn.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 7:21:17 AM EDT
[#43]

Not elegant.
View Quote
I'm not trying to be cute, but my honest thoughts would probably either get this thread locked or myself banned too, or both. I'm not a fan of this. I think I'm allowed to say that at least.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 10:26:19 AM EDT
[#44]
+
Originally Posted By LittlePony:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LittlePony:

Goodbye anime weirdos…

Another one bites the dust.  

This place gets more mundane every week.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 12:33:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Agilt] [#45]
I'm not trying to be cute, but my honest thoughts would probably either get this thread locked or myself banned too, or both. I'm not a fan of this. I think I'm allowed to say that at least.
View All Quotes

Not elegant.

Indeed. I, and I’m sure others, are careful in what we write not just because the site is monitored but because the internal moderating sometimes seems quite heavy handed and arbitrary at times. Particularly in anything related to police. Those threads are just better to avoid making any significant comments in.

It’s certainly not an ideal situation but it’s what we’re faced with at this point.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 7:06:56 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

Sadness is many of you remember the “good ol’ days” here when almost anything was good to go.
Problem is with such an influx of trolls, shitheads, and rabble rousers, understandably moderation was turned up to 11, and good people are getting banned for what used to be wouldn’t even raise an eyebrow.
I tread carefully as I don’t want to be banned (again), maybe he can plead his case to a sympathetic staff member and get unlocked like I did.
I hope that’s the case as I enjoyed a lot of his post and never found him to be even the slightest bit offensive.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 7:30:57 PM EDT
[#47]

Indeed. I, and I’m sure others, are careful in what we write not just because the site is monitored but because the internal moderating sometimes seems quite heavy handed and arbitrary at times. Particularly in anything related to police. Those threads are just better to avoid making any significant comments in.

It’s certainly not an ideal situation but it’s what we’re faced with at this point.
View All Quotes

Not elegant.

I typed up a decent size post, thought about it a bit, and hit cancel.  There was nothing I would think would even be close to a CoC violation, but these days its hard to tell for sure.  I'll just say I agree.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 7:31:50 PM EDT
[#48]
View All Quotes

Not elegant.

I too am not a fan of this.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 7:48:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By TheOTHERmaninblack:
Based on your post, I gave it a try. Being netflix, I wasn't hopeful. Three minutes in and the first bad guy is a religious nutter doing "God's work." Cliche checks out for netflix.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheOTHERmaninblack:
Originally Posted By Bacon_Grease:
Just started Spriggan.  So far I like it. The explanation of things is certainly better than the movie.

I also like that Yu is more of a young impressionable kid who finds AR CAM's work fascinating.  Works better with the theme.

https://kawaiifu.com/wp-content/uploads/bfi_thumb/Spriggan-pqj7y5i0uecooskajw07sy2cki6itnjt7rv69xpt9c.jpg

The noah's ark episode is a bit like that as well.  but for the most part no.

The general concept is that mythical stuff from history is actually super advanced technology for a long extinct ancient human civilization. So when it's a religiously significant artifact some of the dialogue gets a little spiritual. The civilizations language for the most part is ancient Hebrew which also adds a more spiritual tone.  So many of the villains are megalomaniacs and dudes with god complexes.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 10:00:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Finished Nagatoro

Wasnt really interesting in the first few episodes but it got better around 3
Page / 763
Who watches Anime? (Page 561 of 763)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top