Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Who watches Anime? (Page 574 of 763)
Page / 763
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 4:17:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Even brownells supports flatness. We can't stop winning, bros!
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 4:25:40 PM EDT
[#2]
booooooo
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 4:32:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

Let's please not get this thread locked with boobs/cleavage/bikini pictures.

The regular GD rules do also apply to anime images.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/17/2022 4:41:40 PM EDT
[#4]
If anyone had a shot at beating Yor for Best Girl of the Season it was going to be the waifu of all waifus:

Kurumi Tokisaki

Attachment Attached File

However, Yor does have 13 more episodes coming out this Fall so she’s definitely the frontrunner for Best Girl of the Year.

Link Posted: 7/17/2022 4:57:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Watched the first couple episodes of Call of the Night.

It's cute.
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 5:03:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:
Watched the first couple episodes of Call of the Night.

It's cute.
View Quote

Even with the “ehh” art style and animation I am still enjoying it.

The ED has been stuck in my head for days I don’t even mind.

Call of the Night ED / Ending?UHD 60FPS?
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 5:18:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0PDayTUnRA
View Quote

Full Length

I have been listening to it for about a year when the artist posted it on Twitter. Creepy Nuts music is pretty interesting.

Link Posted: 7/17/2022 5:31:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: beitodesstrafe] [#8]
Originally Posted By ToledoXJ:

Full Length

I have been listening to it for about a year when the artist posted it on Twitter. Creepy Nuts music is pretty interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6_zbnfxoBA
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ToledoXJ:

Full Length

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6_zbnfxoBA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0PDayTUnRA

The ED is definitely bangin'

I figure the show will pick up in ecchi humor, depending where the "watch" reveal goes.

I like the art a lot. And the MC girl's design (definitely Dagashi, lol).

I think it will be a good show.
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 5:32:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Liaztraht:
It's kind of like Psycho-Pass in a one aspect , but way less serious. And way more dirty

https://i.gifer.com/8RsT.gif
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ConcernedCitizen:
Another good long one that let's you know exactly what is about

Shimoneta: A Boring World Where The Concept Of Dirty Jokes Doesn't Exist

https://c.tenor.com/advVQly24v4AAAAC/shimoneta-to-iu-gainen-ga-sonzai-shinai-taikutsu-na-sekai-shimoneta.gif

Thanks for mentioning that one! I remember seeing it mentioned before, but forgot to add it to the queue.
It's kind of like Psycho-Pass in a one aspect , but way less serious. And way more dirty

I finally got around to watching the first episode, and I don't think I've laughed this hard in a long time!

Link Posted: 7/17/2022 5:32:55 PM EDT
[#10]

I finally got around to watching the first episode, and I don't think I've laughed this hard in a long time!

View All Quotes
Another good long one that let's you know exactly what is about

Shimoneta: A Boring World Where The Concept Of Dirty Jokes Doesn't Exist

https://c.tenor.com/advVQly24v4AAAAC/shimoneta-to-iu-gainen-ga-sonzai-shinai-taikutsu-na-sekai-shimoneta.gif

Thanks for mentioning that one! I remember seeing it mentioned before, but forgot to add it to the queue.

Shimoneta?

You are in for a fucking treat.
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 5:41:18 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote
Catch the Psycho-Pass esque reference?

Shimoneta?

View Quote
I greatly enjoy it. It pleases my simple male mindset.
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 5:46:33 PM EDT
[#12]
View All Quotes

Shimoneta?

I re-watched it with my partner. She loved it too.
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 5:48:07 PM EDT
[#13]
#LoveNectar
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 5:51:54 PM EDT
[#14]

I re-watched it with my partner. She loved it too.
View Quote

#LoveNectar
View Quote
I would arrested in like .087 seconds
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 5:59:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 6:04:56 PM EDT
[#16]
If anyone had a shot at beating Yor for Best Girl of the Season it was going to be the waifu of all waifus:

Kurumi Tokisaki

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/57B65034-1171-4B0A-91CB-34C6A744CB9C_png-2456569.JPG

However, Yor does have 13 more episodes coming out this Fall so she's definitely the frontrunner for Best Girl of the Year.

View Quote
How is Shikimori even on the list?  She should be lower than the Trash Panda.  And the Trash Panda at least has the excuse for her character flaws that she is like 10 years old and traumatized.
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 6:30:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ConcernedCitizen] [#17]
View Quote

It's like some weird combination of Psycho-Pass, Demolition Man, and Fahrenheit 451.
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 6:35:50 PM EDT
[#18]

It's like some weird combination of Psycho-Pass, Demolition Man, and Fahrenheit 451.
View All Quotes

A great take on the dystopian future
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 6:38:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By mort:
How is Shikimori even on the list?  She should be lower than the Trash Panda.  And the Trash Panda at least has the excuse for her character flaws that she is like 10 years old and traumatized.
View All Quotes

Kurumi Tokisaki

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/57B65034-1171-4B0A-91CB-34C6A744CB9C_png-2456569.JPG

However, Yor does have 13 more episodes coming out this Fall so she's definitely the frontrunner for Best Girl of the Year.

For formats that only allow one vote there’s not much validity in the rankings after the top few spots.  For example: 96% of voters could have Komi over Shikimori, but because of the one vote format Shikimori could still be ranked higher.
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 7:31:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JPN] [#20]
View All Quotes

Kurumi Tokisaki

Probably a mix of things.

People having read the manga and know she was a bit better in that format (didn't change her history to condense the storytelling).

People who haven't had a lot of experience with someone that has her biggest character flaw, so they don't know how much of a pain in the ass it can be to deal with.
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 8:04:28 PM EDT
[#21]

lol

Not a phrase you'd often hear.
View All Quotes

The ED is definitely bangin'

lol

Not a phrase you'd often hear.

🤣🤣
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 8:51:44 PM EDT
[#22]

Kurumi Tokisaki

However, Yor does have 13 more episodes coming out this Fall so she’s definitely the frontrunner for Best Girl of the Year.

View Quote

We just have completely different tastes in shows, I got though the first episode of Date Alive and didn't like it at all.

On a side note, what weird ass pedo would put Anya as best girl?
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 9:44:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Not a joke this time.
?Debut PV?Adventurer's Guild TEMPUS?#holoTEMPUS?

It will be interesting to see the numbers in comparison to the girls.
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 11:08:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: iliketatertots] [#24]
Originally Posted By joe_sun:

We just have completely different tastes in shows, I got though the first episode of Date Alive and didn't like it at all.

View Quote

I have never watched Spy X Family and I don't care about those lists because they are all just dumb popularity contests.  That said...

To every person I know the term "best girl" means favorite female character.  There is nothing sexual about it.  Just food for thought.

Link Posted: 7/18/2022 12:18:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By iliketatertots:

I have never watched Spy X Family and I don't care about those lists because they are all just dumb popularity contests.  That said...

To every person I know the term "best girl" means favorite female character.  There is nothing sexual about it.  Just food for thought.

View All Quotes

It seems to be about 50% of people who view “best girl” in the same (or at least similar) vein as “waifu” which of course is sexual.  I just stick to calling characters like Anya “best daughter” to avoid any confusion.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 7:06:11 AM EDT
[#26]

It seems to be about 50% of people who view “best girl” in the same (or at least similar) vein as “waifu” which of course is sexual.  I just stick to calling characters like Anya “best daughter” to avoid any confusion.
View All Quotes

I am well aware that some people use that term in that context. I was just putting out there that not everyone uses that definition and maybe casually throwing around the word pedo is a bit messed up.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 1:42:50 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

IME it was always who the poster would want to hook up with if they were the MC so yeah the waifu and best girl were synonymous. Favorite character was always just that.. she's my favorite character. Admittedly nowadays I mostly avoid other anime fans both online and IRL because I don't relate to most of them politically or socially so my perspective is limited to 20+ years ago when I was more heavily involved in the community with IRC and email groups and forums.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 2:16:52 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 2:17:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Lol!
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 2:22:38 PM EDT
[#30]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By brasscrossedrifles:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/116701/nazuna_hands_up_gd_safe_jpg-2457632.JPG

Speaking of censoring, watched the Devil is a part timer season opener over lunch… wtf in censoring a roach!?

Either there’s a joke there that I didn’t get or everyone’s retarded. About 50/50 shot for either I guess.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 2:31:03 PM EDT
[#31]

IME it was always who the poster would want to hook up with if they were the MC so yeah the waifu and best girl were synonymous. Favorite character was always just that.. she's my favorite character. Admittedly nowadays I mostly avoid other anime fans both online and IRL because I don't relate to most of them politically or socially so my perspective is limited to 20+ years ago when I was more heavily involved in the community with IRC and email groups and forums.
View All Quotes

And suddenly you quitting Date A Live after just one episode makes a little more sense.

Link Posted: 7/18/2022 2:36:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Agilt:

Speaking of censoring, watched the Devil is a part timer season opener over lunch… wtf in censoring a roach!?

Either there’s a joke there that I didn’t get or everyone’s retarded. About 50/50 shot for either I guess.
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/116701/nazuna_hands_up_gd_safe_jpg-2457632.JPG

Whatever the reason, that was, IMO, a pretty underwhelming premiere after a 9 year hiatus.  The new art style is a downgrade (not DxD level bad, but still a very noticeable downgrade) and I don’t think I even chuckled once.  Hell, about half the episode was about Lucifer doing house chores.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 2:38:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: beitodesstrafe] [#33]

View All Quotes

I've seen roaches censored in other shows.

I've always assumed it was a poke at Terraformars and how much censorship got out of hand with that show.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 2:42:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Agree it wasn’t an amazing comeback or anything like that, but I’m not going to condemn it after one episode after nearly a decade of idle. And it certainly wouldn’t be the only show that takes a couple of episodes to get a roll going.

I’d have to go back and watch a couple of the older episodes to compare the art. It didn’t stick out as a particularly egregious downgrade or change though to me.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 3:23:30 PM EDT
[#35]

I've always assumed it was a poke at Terraformars and how much censorship got out of hand with that show.
View All Quotes

Ahh, maybe so.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 3:33:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Agree it wasn’t an amazing comeback or anything like that, but I’m not going to condemn it after one episode after nearly a decade of idle. And it certainly wouldn’t be the only show that takes a couple of episodes to get a roll going.

I’d have to go back and watch a couple of the older episodes to compare the art. It didn’t stick out as a particularly egregious downgrade or change though to me.
View Quote

It could be worse.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/18/2022 4:20:05 PM EDT
[#37]

Mio Naruse?
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 4:30:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By PepePewPew:

Mio Naruse?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PepePewPew:

Mio Naruse?

You're gonna make some people mad.

(Rias Gremory)
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 4:33:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: odiedodi] [#39]
Originally Posted By m0388:
Not a joke this time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jar19J3HXQY
It will be interesting to see the numbers in comparison to the girls.
View Quote
It depends. Nijisanji's guys have been successful. Not like number one on youtube successful, but they still have impressive numbers. Hololive handles guys very differently from Nijisanji though, and their male division's numbers are really bad by comparison. They don't promote them well (Besides Roberu, I couldn't name any other one without looking them up), the girls mostly either don't like collabing with them or have no desire to collab with them, and most JP fans at least don't want the girls interacting with the guys because it ruins their parasocial relationship . If they treat their English holostars like their JP holostars, they'll probably flop, but I hope that doesn't happen and I wish them well.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 7:26:16 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

Roaches, centipedes, and I think I've seen a sea cucumber censored.  Pretty sure it's done for some comedy reason, but I don't recall seeing it explained.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 8:05:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: targetworks] [#41]
I started watching the first few episodes of Classroom of the Elite, Season 2.

Why Season 2 and not Season 1?

Good question.

According to my Crunchyroll watchlist, I have already viewed all of the Season 1 episodes.

Yet I don’t remember a single thing about it. Was Season 1 really so uneventful that it left no traces in my memory, or is that just a sign that my memory just ain’t what it used to be as I’ve gotten older? Whatever the case, Season 1 is a blank slate for me.

Judging by what I’ve seen so far of Season 2, it looks like strategic thinking is an important element of the plot. It also looks like I’ll be missing out on not only some subtleties but also on truly understanding the plot if I don’t have a good grasp of whatever came before - the main characters and their personalities and their conflicts and rivalries and alliances and achievements, the premise behind the school and its strange rules, well, everything that was covered in Season 1.

So I’ve gone back and rewatched Season 1 episode 1.

Is it worth the effort to rewatch the entire set of Season 1 episodes? It got a second season, so it must have had at least something going for it, right?

Link Posted: 7/18/2022 8:15:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By targetworks:

Good question.

According to my Crunchyroll watchlist, I have already viewed all of the Season 1 episodes.

Yet I don’t remember a single thing about it. Was Season 1 really so uneventful that it left no traces in my memory, or is that just a sign that my memory just ain’t what it used to be as I’ve gotten older? Whatever the case, Season 1 is a blank slate for me.

Judging by what I’ve seen so far of Season 2, it looks like strategic thinking is an important element of the plot. It also looks like I’ll be missing out on not only some subtleties but also on truly understanding the plot if I don’t have a good grasp of whatever came before - the main characters and their personalities and their conflicts and rivalries and alliances and achievements, the premise behind the school and its strange rules, well, everything that was covered in Season 1.

Is it worth the effort to rewatch the entire set of Season 1 episodes? It got a second season, so it must have had at least something going for it, right?

View Quote

I really liked it. I bought all the light novels and am currently reading Volume 8. I would definitely watch season 1 if you are planning on watching season 2 because I doubt you'd get the complete picture of who the characters are otherwise.  I can say it definitely isn't for everyone though and if it didn't leave an impression on you the first time I'm not sure it would be worth it to you.  I don't think I've seen much discussion about it here either.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 8:41:37 PM EDT
[#43]

I really liked it. I bought all the light novels and am currently reading Volume 8. I would definitely watch season 1 if you are planning on watching season 2 because I doubt you'd get the complete picture of who the characters are otherwise.  I can say it definitely isn't for everyone though and if it didn't leave an impression on you the first time I'm not sure it would be worth it to you.  I don't think I've seen much discussion about it here either.
View All Quotes

Good question.

I guess that I’ll give it a try, unless or until I lose interest.

I have the benefit of being able to binge watch Season 1 now - maybe it didn’t make a major impression on me the first time around because I originally watched it week by week as they released each new episode (but then there are plenty of other series that I have watched week by week as each new episode was released that did stick with me).

We shall see…

Link Posted: 7/18/2022 8:57:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Got through the first two episodes of Call of The Night.

Seems like it could be fun. I like the color palette they have going, the skies are particularly nice looking.

Link Posted: 7/19/2022 12:18:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: targetworks] [#45]
Watched the first couple episodes of Dropkick on My Devil!!! X

IMHO it got off to a slow-ish start but then rapidly picked up the pace.

It has mostly consisted of self-aware (but non-ecchi) fan service, such as gratuitously demolishing ‘the fourth wall’, while serving up a nearly-nonstop overload of expected but welcome physical comedy.

I am really enjoying it.

It’s good to see the regular cast of characters again, each with their own shtick honed to near-perfection, along with the introduction of some new players (I’ll never look at a green onion or a game of karuta anymore in quite the same way as before).

The writers clearly had as much fun creating it as the viewers are having while watching it.

If you haven’t taken in the first two seasons yet, but your sense of humor is a bit skewed toward the juvenile and slapstick is ‘your thing’, then you’ve got to make an effort to binge watch it, so that you can fully appreciate the new season of ‘X’.

[Disclaimer: Medusa is my waifu.]

Link Posted: 7/19/2022 12:21:08 AM EDT
[#46]

It has mostly consisted of self-aware (but non-ecchi) fan service, such as gratuitously demolishing ‘the fourth wall’, while serving up a nearly-nonstop overload of expected but welcome physical comedy.

I am really enjoying it.

It’s good to see the regular cast of characters again, each with their own shtick honed to near-perfection, along with the introduction of some new players (I’ll never look at a green onion or a game of karuta anymore in quite the same way as before).

The writers clearly had as much fun creating it as the viewers are having while watching it.

If you haven’t taken in the first two seasons yet, but your sense of humor is a bit skewed toward the juvenile and slapstick is ‘your thing’, then you’ve got to make an effort to binge watch it, so that you can fully appreciate the new season of ‘X’.

View Quote

We watched both available episodes tonight, lol.

They were great.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 12:31:23 AM EDT
[#47]
I thought Space Battleship Tiramisu episodes were short, until I stumbled across Kawashiri Kodama.

The intro is actually longer than the episode!

It has a 90 second intro (with a very catchy tune, I might add), followed by a 60 second episode, during which they scroll the end credits over the last 20 seconds. 2-1/2 minutes, start to finish.

On the plus side, I really like the intro song, and the show has some of the best sound effects ever!

I'm still not quite sure what I just watched, but at least it was amusing.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 12:48:59 AM EDT
[#48]
Just finished the second episode of Yakuza guide to babysitting.
Ummm, wow, I really like it.
It rates up there as one of the better ones to come out this year, and certainly different from the usual humorous, T&A that’s on.
It’s pretty much a slice of life type that does have humor, but it’s certainly not the driving force.
So far despite a few scenes of violence it’s so wholesome it’ll even leave HunterKiller with a tear in his eye!
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 3:12:31 AM EDT
[#49]

I am really enjoying it.

[Disclaimer: Medusa is my waifu.]

View Quote

Is that the one where there’s no real introductions to the characters and it just dumps you into the story as if you already knew who everyone is?  I had to check multiple sources what the first episode was because I was convinced I must have missed some episodes.
Link Posted: 7/19/2022 3:13:58 AM EDT
[#50]
Got through the first two episodes of Call of The Night.

Seems like it could be fun. I like the color palette they have going, the skies are particularly nice looking.

View Quote

I’m looking forward to hopefully seeing jealous vamp girl this week.
Page / 763
Who watches Anime? (Page 574 of 763)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top