BCM
User Panel

Who watches Anime? (Page 576 of 763)
Page / 763
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 9:15:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Gunslinger808:
Dang, I’m really liking Isekai Ojisan (Uncle from another world).
The dry humor, and quick turns are great.
View Quote

I don't know which is funnier... How socially inept he is, or his undying love for SEGA.

Link Posted: 7/23/2022 9:20:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By TheOTHERmaninblack:
I have now determined that "Don't Hurt Me, My Healer!" is absurd. That is all.
View Quote

Absurd, you say?

SOLD!

Link Posted: 7/23/2022 12:31:35 PM EDT
[#3]
The hardest I laughed watching One Piece so far came from a scene in E98 that wasn't even supposed to be funny.

The woman is bitching to the princess about how her small town went under.

"The king never came to help us."

"Every town in the country was going through the same thing. We were dealing with a nationwide crisis and we didn't have the resources to..."

"I DON'T WANT TO HEAR YOUR EXCUSES!!!"
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 1:39:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:
The hardest I laughed watching One Piece so far came from a scene in E98 that wasn't even supposed to be funny.

The woman is bitching to the princess about how her small town went under.

"The king never came to help us."

"Every town in the country was going through the same thing. We were dealing with a nationwide crisis and we didn't have the resources to..."

"I DON'T WANT TO HEAR YOUR EXCUSES!!!"
View Quote

It's a very interesting arc.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 3:40:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By brasscrossedrifles:
I'm going to keep watching the adaptation of Yofukashi No Uta, but only because I already know I like the story. The anime is kinda meh. It has good points, like the VAs for Nazuna and Ko are both doing great, and the background art is beautiful. The character animation is just not doing it for me.

Lycoris Recoil, however, holy shit. They had me at

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

I would say "don't let the animation ruin it for you", but the animation ruined Estab Life for me
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 3:47:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 4:53:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Today's Lycoris Recoil is mostly about pantsu!
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 5:57:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#9]
The Maid I Hired Recently Is Mysterious had an okay premiere.  It was good enough that I’ll keep watching, but I’m not exactly on the edge of my seat to see what happens next either.

It’s from the same group that did Jahy and the maid even kinda looks like adult Jahy.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 12:32:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By ConcernedCitizen:

I don't know which is funnier... How socially inept he is, or his undying love for SEGA.

View Quote

I’m going with the inept,  waiting for him to figure out what tsundere is all about.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 1:17:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 3:44:05 AM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 7/24/2022 4:18:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 4:44:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By mort:
View Quote

The voice actor who plays Chisato sounded very familiar - especially when her character’s role has her being ‘playful’, which I guess is most of the time - her name is Chika Anzai and she has had quite a lot of roles in series that I have either watched or that I am familiar with - but I’m thinking that most likely I recognize her voice from either or both of Kandagawa Jet Girls or SSSS.Dynazenon (both of which I generally enjoyed). Hey, she even managed to toss in a few words in French in this ep.

But this ep. also reminded me that it has been a long, long time since I last had pistol target practice at an indoor range - I never had mad skillz like Takina’s to begin with, but in light of my changing eyesight I’m thinking that I had better ditch the iron sights and instead jump onboard the pistol red dot train.

Pantsu, shitagi, whatever, it was a fun episode…

Link Posted: 7/24/2022 7:58:53 AM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

I'm currently playing PUBG and LoLed at that "Winner Winner Chicken Dinner"  reference  

Link Posted: 7/24/2022 11:05:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By targetworks:

The voice actor who plays Chisato sounded very familiar - especially when her character's role has her being 'playful', which I guess is most of the time - her name is Chika Anzai and she has had quite a lot of roles in series that I have either watched or that I am familiar with - but I'm thinking that most likely I recognize her voice from either or both of Kandagawa Jet Girls or SSSS.Dynazenon (both of which I generally enjoyed). Hey, she even managed to toss in a few words in French in this ep.

But this ep. also reminded me that it has been a long, long time since I last had pistol target practice at an indoor range - I never had mad skillz like Takina's to begin with, but in light of my changing eyesight I'm thinking that I had better ditch the iron sights and instead jump onboard the pistol red dot train.

Pantsu, shitagi, whatever, it was a fun episode

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

The voice actor who plays Chisato sounded very familiar - especially when her character's role has her being 'playful', which I guess is most of the time - her name is Chika Anzai and she has had quite a lot of roles in series that I have either watched or that I am familiar with - but I'm thinking that most likely I recognize her voice from either or both of Kandagawa Jet Girls or SSSS.Dynazenon (both of which I generally enjoyed). Hey, she even managed to toss in a few words in French in this ep.

But this ep. also reminded me that it has been a long, long time since I last had pistol target practice at an indoor range - I never had mad skillz like Takina's to begin with, but in light of my changing eyesight I'm thinking that I had better ditch the iron sights and instead jump onboard the pistol red dot train.

Pantsu, shitagi, whatever, it was a fun episode

Takina's japanese VA also voiced Destiny from Takt Op.  To9k me a bit to figure it out without searching the internets.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 1:40:07 PM EDT
[#17]
https://i.redd.it/1b73lp4pw9d91.gif
View Quote

Ep 3 is awesome.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 5:51:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Went back to the beginning of season 1 of Classroom of the Elite to figure out what I had missed the first time that I watched it.

It does require being somewhat attentive as the strategies and the plans within plans within plans roll out. But even with plenty of foreshadowing in the script, figuring out where it’s going and how it’s going to get there is no easy task.

Everything clearly is not quite what it seems, and the protagonist Ayanokoji is even more manipulative and maybe even evil than I initially (mis-)understood.

“It takes a great talent and skill to conceal one’s talent and skill” was the operative quote right at the beginning - and even though the viewer as well as his classmates are beginning to understand that something is going on, it’s not at all clear that we’ve even scratched the surface of what’s in store for us and them.

Even Ayanokoji himself has been blindsided by mistaken assumptions (such as the unexpected dark side that a classmate revealed), and no doubt both he and his classmates (as well as the viewers) are going to get tripped up again and again going forward even though by now we mistakenly think that we’ve been sufficiently warned to expect the unexpected.

So, I’m now looking forward to how it will all go down in season 2…

Link Posted: 7/24/2022 8:49:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: iliketatertots] [#19]
Went back to the beginning of season 1 of Classroom of the Elite to figure out what I had missed the first time that I watched it.

It does require being somewhat attentive as the strategies and the plans within plans within plans roll out. But even with plenty of foreshadowing in the script, figuring out where it’s going and how it’s going to get there is no easy task.

Everything clearly is not quite what it seems, and the protagonist Ayanokoji is even more manipulative and maybe even evil than I initially (mis-)understood.

“It takes a great talent and skill to conceal one’s talent and skill” was the operative quote right at the beginning - and even though the viewer as well as his classmates are beginning to understand that something is going on, it’s not at all clear that we’ve even scratched the surface of what’s in store for us and them.

Even Ayanokoji himself has been blindsided by mistaken assumptions (such as the unexpected dark side that a classmate revealed), and no doubt both he and his classmates (as well as the viewers) are going to get tripped up again and again going forward even though by now we mistakenly think that we’ve been sufficiently warned to expect the unexpected.

View Quote

Ayanokouji is not "evil" but his actions can seem to be. Once they get further into his background you will understand more about who and what he is.  And the only thing that trips him up is dealing with other people on a personal level.

A good description of what he actually is.  This is a MAJOR character spoiler so do not click the tag unless you want to know more about his past that may or may not be part of season 2.  I don't know how far the anime will get so I won't get too specific about what happens at school.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 2:25:36 AM EDT
[#20]
The first episode of S4 for Overlord dub:

Overlord IV Ep. 1 | DUB | Sorcerer Kingdom Ains Ooal Gown: Ains Ooal Gown Nation of Leading Darkness
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 2:33:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 2:37:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Keekleberrys:
Ill buy you a bronze membership if you  change your avatar text to dub lord.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/25/2022 3:16:26 AM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/25/2022 3:18:49 AM EDT
[#24]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Liaztraht:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/504436/Sub_v_Dub_jpg-2464858.JPG

What cracks me up is I’ve said many times that I enjoy both subs and dubs, there are multiple people here who say subs suck and they refuse to watch them under any circumstances, and yet in his mind I’m the “dub lord” of the thread.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 3:20:35 AM EDT
[#25]

What cracks me up is I've said many times that I enjoy both subs and dubs, there are multiple people here who say subs suck and they refuse to watch them under any circumstances, and yet in his mind I'm the "dub lord" of the thread.
View All Quotes

What cracks me up is I've said many times that I enjoy both subs and dubs, there are multiple people here who say subs suck and they refuse to watch them under any circumstances, and yet in his mind I'm the "dub lord" of the thread.
I've stated I enjoy both as well, but here we are again
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 3:32:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 3:34:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#27]
View All Quotes

TBH, I don’t really get it.  I enjoy a ribeye more than a strip, but if some rando on the internet says he enjoys a strip more it wouldn’t bother me in the least.  It doesn’t take away from my enjoyment of a ribeye knowing someone enjoys a strip more.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 3:34:54 AM EDT
[#28]
It's impossible to enjoy a dub in this day and age,
View Quote
I can't read arfcom and subs at the same time.

If I've already seen an anime once, and there's a dub, I will play the dub while I shitpost
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 3:39:59 AM EDT
[#29]

TBH, I don't really get it.  I enjoy a ribeye more than a strip, but if some rando on the internet says he enjoys a strip more it wouldn't bother me in the least.  It doesn't take away from my enjoyment of a ribeye knowing someone enjoys a strip more.
View All Quotes

TBH, I don't really get it.  I enjoy a ribeye more than a strip, but if some rando on the internet says he enjoys a strip more it wouldn't bother me in the least.  It doesn't take away from my enjoyment of a ribeye knowing someone enjoys a strip more.

I personally prefer a good burger more than steak. I'll still eat a steak if it's offered.

Link Posted: 7/25/2022 3:50:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 3:58:50 AM EDT
[#31]
With all the piss poor acting and script writing in movies, I find some Anime refreshingly entertaining. All the Ghost in a Shell series has been fantastic.  A lot of Anime is way too juvenile but that is the audience it is aimed for. Kaze No Stigma is interesting too.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 4:39:57 AM EDT
[#32]

I personally prefer a good burger more than steak. I'll still eat a steak if it's offered.

https://c.tenor.com/o0q2KTZe_tUAAAAd/burger-anime.gif

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 7/25/2022 7:18:24 AM EDT
[#33]
The geek in me is enjoying parallel world pharmacy.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 7:26:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Natsume's Book of Friends is looking good so far.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 9:19:07 AM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

@Liaztraht

Do you happen to know what show that gif is from?
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 9:46:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Agilt:

@Liaztraht

View All Quotes

@Liaztraht

I do not, and I would like to know as well
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 11:04:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Chisum:
With all the piss poor acting and script writing in movies, I find some Anime refreshingly entertaining. All the Ghost in a Shell series has been fantastic.  A lot of Anime is way too juvenile but that is the audience it is aimed for. Kaze No Stigma is interesting too.
View Quote

At times anime will get into something of a rut, with multiple shows being produced that seem to be attempts to copy a rather successful show, and at times some of them will seem to push some political agenda, but they don't take it to anywhere near the extreme that woke Hollywood does.  Then there will be shows that push back against that rut, by trying to find a new angle (the isekai world where the church had forbidden summoning people from other worlds, and sent people to assassinate summoned people before they could do any damage, being one example).

Not an anime (at least not yet), but in recent weeks I stumbled onto a manga, then went looking for information on it and found out it was already a series of light novels - Otome Game no Heroine de Saikyou Survival.  Typical 'reincarnated into an otome game world' concept, with people from Japan being reincarnated into that world at a point before the game's timeline (where the main characters go to the magic academy that all teenage nobles go to) begins, but rather than putting themselves into positions that give them an advantage, the reincarnators make their positions worse when they try to use their knowledge of 'the future', even screwing things up to the point that the game's heroine rejects the path that would result in her even going to the academy where she would become the Saintess with various noble guys trying to woo her, choosing instead the path that would make her 'the princess of slaughter' and the world turns out to be much darker than the otome game.  Would be interesting to see it made into an anime.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 11:13:41 AM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

I consulted the googles, and it looks like it’s probably a one off of an actual Americanish style diner in Japan

https://www.regondiner.com/contents/informap.html

https://www.takemachelin.com/2022/07/reg.html?m=1

Attachment Attached File

Interesting, but I’m slightly disappointed too
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 12:21:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By iliketatertots:

Ayanokouji is not "evil" but his actions can seem to be. Once they get further into his background you will understand more about who and what he is.  And the only thing that trips him up is dealing with other people on a personal level.

A good description of what he actually is.  This is a MAJOR character spoiler so do not click the tag unless you want to know more about his past that may or may not be part of season 2.  I don't know how far the anime will get so I won't get too specific about what happens at school.

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By iliketatertots:

Click To View Spoiler

I don't mind the major spoilers, so thanks...

The series is worth watching just to see how the plot gets unveiled. I understand now why my initial reaction to season 1 was underwhelming, because it didn't seem to 'go' anywhere, or at least it didn't seem to go to a logical ending point. But, just looking at how far they got (or, rather, didn't get) in season 1 makes me wonder whether season 2 will wrap things up or whether it will just present another part of a grander epic.

Link Posted: 7/25/2022 12:54:28 PM EDT
[#40]
What was the one that featured a chick with a chainsaw sticking out of her ass?

I'm thinking it was live action, or anime accompanied by a live action movie.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 2:09:05 PM EDT
[#41]

I consulted the googles, and it looks like it's probably a one off of an actual Americanish style diner in Japan

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/96732/9D9770A0-E5C8-4243-9AA7-AC6017A5CB86_jpe-2465032.JPG

Interesting, but I'm slightly disappointed too
View All Quotes

I consulted the googles, and it looks like it's probably a one off of an actual Americanish style diner in Japan

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/96732/9D9770A0-E5C8-4243-9AA7-AC6017A5CB86_jpe-2465032.JPG

Interesting, but I'm slightly disappointed too
Damn. I googled "anime burger" and used the gif filter for my response
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 2:20:27 PM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 7/25/2022 2:24:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 2:28:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 2:32:20 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EthAbe6WYAAWwla.jpg
View Quote
Just let the anime girls enjoy their burgers

Link Posted: 7/25/2022 2:38:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 2:55:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Baber borgar

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 3:06:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 3:10:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 763
Who watches Anime? (Page 576 of 763)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top