Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Who watches Anime? (Page 731 of 763)
Page / 763
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 4:23:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I think my favorite VA is Laura Bailey, she does a lot with not just anime, but an impressive list in video games as well.
Probably best known as the voice of Serana in Skyrim.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 4:44:52 PM EDT
[#2]
The best dub anime original song brought to you by Brittney “Auditory Butter” Karbowski:

Heaven's Lost Property- I'm Falling Down

Link Posted: 1/6/2024 5:14:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool, Mashle is back for season 2, first was sort of dumb, but I liked it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 5:20:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Agilt:

Yeah music is where I first ran across her as well. She did Zero in Grimoire of Zero, also a good performance.  I think this last year she really leaned into the vtuber thing, so not a whole lot of new stuff.
View Quote

I was going to mention Grimoire of Zero, but I actually thing the Japanese VA fits the character a lot better.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 5:21:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Gunslinger808:
I think my favorite VA is Laura Bailey, she does a lot with not just anime, but an impressive list in video games as well.
View Quote

I really like how there's a lot of crossover between video game and anime voice actors.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 7:30:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Cool, Mashle is back for season 2, first was sort of dumb, but I liked it.
View Quote

Season 1 was dumb, but funny and enjoyable.

Ep. 1 of season 2 was just plain dumb.

Link Posted: 1/6/2024 9:02:04 PM EDT
[#7]
And Solo Leveling is out, just dropped today.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 9:19:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Heck of a start, didn’t expect to see her friend ripped to pieces.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By xviperx420:
So how about that opening episode of Ishura?

Heck of a start, didn’t expect to see her friend ripped to pieces.

Same.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 9:26:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By xviperx420:

Same.
View Quote

Sort of has a Demon Slayer vibe to it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 9:50:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Liaztraht] [#10]
And Solo Leveling is out, just dropped today.
View Quote
Just got back from getting groceries, starting with this.

So far animation and violence are nice.

The Wrong Way to Use Healing Magic and The Unwanted Undead Adventurer are off to good starts too.

ETA: speaking of Korean stories, there are a couple manhwa I would like to see animated. The Lazy Lord Masters the Sword and The Skeleton Soldier Failed to Defend the Dungeon

Both have cool stories

Link Posted: 1/6/2024 10:43:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Liaztraht:
That was the only exception I could think of.

Pretty sure it's the only time she wasn't screeching
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:
Originally Posted By brasscrossedrifles:
Too often a girl I like ends up getting dubbed by Monica Rial. ETA: I just realized a couple of those are actually her sister Natalie.

Even if they don't, Monica Rial often gets cast as a character with just as much or more lines.

Monica "Nails on a Chalkboard" Rial being cast as a major character is ALWAYS an auto-pass on the dub for me.

EASILY the most egregious casting was for Vermeil in Gold.  I mean seriously, who heard that screeching voice and thought "wow, that is exactly what we're looking for to voice the titular voluptuous MILFy succubus"?

Thankfully, I had already watched the sub before I even learned about it.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/IMG_4786_jpeg-3083880.JPG
Honestly, in TSUKIMICHI, she wasn't bad as Tomoe. She did a huskier voice, which is all she should stick to

I'm happy for those of you that can tolerate her.  For me though, hearing her voice makes my skin crawl and as such I will never, under any circumstances, watch a dub where she voices a major character.

I still have PTSD from when I clicked on a Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out clip on YouTube that was NOT labeled "dub" and my ears were immediately assaulted by that screeching voice.

Think I've mentioned it on here before, but her Momoko Koigakubo (the really religious girl) in the "dub" of Ghost Stories is actually pretty good.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 10:56:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By XeroSygnal:

Think I've mentioned it on here before, but her Momoko Koigakubo (the really religious girl) in the "dub" of Ghost Stories is actually pretty good.
View All Quotes
Too often a girl I like ends up getting dubbed by Monica Rial. ETA: I just realized a couple of those are actually her sister Natalie.

Even if they don't, Monica Rial often gets cast as a character with just as much or more lines.

Monica "Nails on a Chalkboard" Rial being cast as a major character is ALWAYS an auto-pass on the dub for me.

EASILY the most egregious casting was for Vermeil in Gold.  I mean seriously, who heard that screeching voice and thought "wow, that is exactly what we're looking for to voice the titular voluptuous MILFy succubus"?

Honestly, in TSUKIMICHI, she wasn't bad as Tomoe. She did a huskier voice, which is all she should stick to

I'm happy for those of you that can tolerate her.  For me though, hearing her voice makes my skin crawl and as such I will never, under any circumstances, watch a dub where she voices a major character.

I still have PTSD from when I clicked on a Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out clip on YouTube that was NOT labeled "dub" and my ears were immediately assaulted by that screeching voice.

I still haven't seen it
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 10:57:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Just got back from getting groceries, starting with this.

So far animation and violence are nice.

The Wrong Way to Use Healing Magic and The Unwanted Undead Adventurer are off to good starts too.

ETA: speaking of Korean stories, there are a couple manhwa I would like to see animated. The Lazy Lord Masters the Sword and The Skeleton Soldier Failed to Defend the Dungeon

Both have cool stories

View Quote

Thanks for mentioning The Wrong Way to Use Healing Magic. I was looking forward to this one after I read the manga last season, but completely forgot about it.

I can't wait to see what the Rescue Squad looks like in action.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 10:59:41 PM EDT
[#14]
I still haven't seen it
View All Quotes

I still haven't seen it

You're missing out! It is seriously one of the most hilariously offensive animes I've seen yet.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 11:12:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By ConcernedCitizen:

You're missing out! It is seriously one of the most hilariously offensive animes I've seen yet.
View All Quotes

I still haven't seen it

I know it's supposed to be, but for some reason I keep putting it off.

I'll get around to it eventually.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 11:20:48 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

She's great I always think of her as Maka from Soul Eater

She's also great at Tohru from Fruits Basket
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 11:26:53 PM EDT
[#17]
One of Monica's only good roles (dark haired one).... because she's supposed to sound like an asshole

Stocking Anarchy Funny Moments Compilation!!!
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 11:50:44 PM EDT
[#18]
I just started watching The Strongest Tank's Labyrinth Raids -A Tank with a Rare 9999 Resistance Skill Got Kicked from the Hero's Party

Right off the bat they led with what seems to be becoming a very common trope - the MC has a younger sister with an incurable disease.

In the just-ended season it was the underlying motivation for the MC in Protocol Rain - but I'm sure that I've seen it in a lot of other recent shows.

And in Solo Leveling, the MC needs to earn money to pay for his younger sister's college education.

Can't they even mix it up just a bit for the sake of variety?

Link Posted: 1/6/2024 11:57:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By targetworks:
I just started watching The Strongest Tank's Labyrinth Raids -A Tank with a Rare 9999 Resistance Skill Got Kicked from the Hero's Party

Right off the bat they led with what seems to be becoming a very common trope - the MC has a younger sister with an incurable disease.

In the just-ended season it was the underlying motivation for the MC in Protocol Rain - but I'm sure that I've seen it in a lot of other recent shows.

And in Solo Leveling, the MC needs to earn money to pay for his younger sister's college education.

Can't they even mix it up just a bit for the sake of variety?

View Quote
No. They can't. It's the current thing, so expect another 5 just like it
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 12:05:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Man, I can't wait for the new season of Banished from the Hero's Party. I've been waiting for that forever.

Also, Frieren is still holding strong to the manga, so we got a bit more slow burn before another awesome boom.

I still can't get over how well it's written and how it flows.

I also still can't get over this

Link Posted: 1/7/2024 12:12:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: targetworks] [#21]
Man, I can't wait for the new season of Banished from the Hero's Party. I've been waiting for that forever.

Also, Frieren is still holding strong to the manga, so we got a bit more slow burn before another awesome boom.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/002/698/775/821.gif
View Quote

If they had an award for "anime scene of the year", that would easily take the prize.

Certain scenes are just soooo memorable.

Like the 'big smush' in Little Miss Clueless Gundam of Mercury.

Link Posted: 1/7/2024 12:41:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Liaztraht] [#22]

If they had an award for "anime scene of the year", that would easily take the prize.

View All Quotes

I enjoyed that scene so much, I wish to petition the site staff to allow larger .gif avatars so I can make Aura offing herself as my avatar.

I can't get the file small enough by cutting frames without killing the vibe
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 12:57:54 AM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

Both of those scenes aired in the 2023 calendar year.

Sulleta making earthian creole made me laugh the hardest.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 12:59:46 AM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

Gangster AF
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 1:02:07 AM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

Apparently you can get sus'ed on x for posting the screen shot even without the subtitles, kind of like how a certain screen shot of a certain pewdiepie stream will get you a warning on arfcom.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 1:08:36 AM EDT
[#26]

Apparently you can get sus'ed on x for posting the screen shot even without the subtitles, kind of like how a certain screen shot of a certain pewdiepie stream will get you a warning on arfcom.
View All Quotes

Hopefully Arfcom doesn't follow X on that...

It's not like it shows any gore, just Aura's POV

(And technically it wasn't self die either)

Frieren deserves anime of the year, in my opinion, but I would accept SLF instead.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 1:10:16 AM EDT
[#27]

Gangster AF
View All Quotes

Gangster AF
And after that scene, I picked up the manga.

Worth it

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/7/2024 1:12:30 AM EDT
[#28]
I know it's supposed to be, but for some reason I keep putting it off.

I'll get around to it eventually.
View Quote

You need to see it, it's one of the most offensively hilarious shows I have seen in my life.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 1:28:16 AM EDT
[#29]
“86” is a good mecha anime series.
View Quote

I ended up binging this. It was over way to goddamn fast. A1 needs to get another season or 3 out pronto.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 5:43:40 AM EDT
[#30]

I like it so far, and actually like his laid-back attitude.

Playing video games until the girl calmed down enough to talk rationally was totally a boss move.

I also like some of the foreshadowing and plot twists you guys are discussing.

Click To View Spoiler

Looks like fun to me!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JPN:
Originally Posted By JPN:
The MC of My Instant Death Ability is Overpowered is kind of a dick.

I haven't watched it yet, and it's been a while since I read the manga, so I can't remember if the first episode would likely explain the root cause of that.

Click To View Spoiler

He's got something going on with his hair.

There are a couple of blue curls, one on the left of his head and one on the right, that look almost like horns.

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

I like it so far, and actually like his laid-back attitude.

Playing video games until the girl calmed down enough to talk rationally was totally a boss move.

I also like some of the foreshadowing and plot twists you guys are discussing.

Click To View Spoiler

Looks like fun to me!

You're not being open minded enough about the possible backgrounds of the other students.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 5:48:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Echd:

The manga is just extremely deranged ecchi. Nipple clamps and car battery torture played for laughs ecchi. It's not a particularly serious series.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Echd:

Haha, that premise sounds like it has potential.  How was it?

The manga is just extremely deranged ecchi. Nipple clamps and car battery torture played for laughs ecchi. It's not a particularly serious series.

Hopefully this series will be able to maintain (or maybe exceed?) the level that was set in the first episode.  Even after the discussion here and having seen a preview or two, how far they took things in the first episode caught me a little off guard.  I was kinda expecting it, but not expecting it to be quite at the level they went for.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 9:36:49 AM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

Yeah from what I've seen so far it's basically right on scene to panel

I've finished up to ch37

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 11:05:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By arilulu14:

I've finished up to ch37

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By arilulu14:

I've finished up to ch37

Click To View Spoiler
I ran out of official releases, so I switched to scanlations until more English volumed get released

Left of on chapter 116.

The section you mentioned was pretty cool. Not as spicy as the Aura fight, but gets kicked up a notch with good back story sprinkled in.

Only spoiling a name
Click To View Spoiler

Kanehito Yamada knows how to write a good story, and Tsukasa Abe has a nice art style.

And of course Madhouse getting involved makes for a great combo. Seeing as they've done many anime favorites like Trigun, Gunslinger Girl, Black Lagoon, Highschool of the Dead, Parasyte -the Maxim, and Monster
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 12:32:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 6:50:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: joe_sun] [#35]

View Quote

I got 6 minutes into the show and had to stop it to double check I actually watched the first season. I remember absolutely nothing and none of the characters at all. Usually after a few min things come back to me but with this one I'm totally blank. How long ago was the first season?

Frieren is a great show.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 6:53:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By joe_sun:

I got 6 minutes into the show and had to stop it to double check I actually watched the first season. I remember absolutely nothing and none of the characters at all. Usually after a few min things come back to me but with this one I'm totally blank. How long ago was the first season?

Frieren is a great show.
View All Quotes

Frieren is a great show.
I belive it came out in 21.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 7:19:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Episode 1 of 7th Time Loop: The Villainess Enjoys a Carefree Life Married to Her Worst Enemy! was surprisingly well done - the writers have done a skillful job of world building, including the way that they laid out the MC's past lives as prelude to the main story.

It may be a 'keeper' - I'm looking forward to where it's going.

Link Posted: 1/7/2024 7:23:49 PM EDT
[#38]
I belive it came out in 21.
View Quote

By the end of episode 1 I remember a bit about it but that was a spastic episode to start a new season with no recap.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 4:33:34 AM EDT
[#39]

View Quote
You know Frieren's going to win so they just build up the suspense on how bad she's gonna fuck up Aura all episode. Then you get that "holy shit" ending right into the ED. She was not alright.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 8:06:33 AM EDT
[#40]
I was watching the Jujutsu kaisen dub over the weekend with 2 ep to go man that sure took a dark turn for the main characters!!!
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 3:26:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By treemydawg:
I was watching the Jujutsu kaisen dub over the weekend with 2 ep to go man that sure took a dark turn for the main characters!!!
View Quote

I've been watching the show and what I thought was going to be a supernatural My Hero is far from it. While it started like that it's gone freaking crazy and I have no idea what's even going on anymore.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 3:35:35 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

It gets worse before it gets worse

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 4:08:45 PM EDT
[#43]

I've been watching the show and what I thought was going to be a supernatural My Hero is far from it. While it started like that it's gone freaking crazy and I have no idea what's even going on anymore.
View All Quotes

Join the club

But enjoy the ride nevertheless...

Link Posted: 1/8/2024 4:23:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Shangri-La Frontier continues to impress. It's the only show that I'm watching where every episode ends and I think... it's over already???

I should have known it was gonna be good when I saw the giant ad at the Shibuya scramble crossing back in September

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 8:16:20 PM EDT
[#45]
In the "not quite what I was expecting" department - 'Tis Time for "Torture," Princess is a comedy of the absurd.

It's silly. It's nonsensical. Have I mentioned that it's absurd?

It's about a (not-so) typical princess. A princess who is a leader and a powerful and skillful combatant on the battlefield. A princess who is delighted that she was able to dispatch a terrible monster quickly so that she can get back to her beloved video games.

Somehow she was captured by the demon king's army and thrown into a prison cell with her sentient sword, whereupon the demon king's savage grand inquisitor uses cruel and inhuman methods to torture her into revealing state secrets, by...

Click To View Spoiler

Not sure where it's going, but ep. 1 was funny enough. Are they really going to milk that same gag for the whole season?

I guess that I'll have to watch some more episodes to find out.

Link Posted: 1/8/2024 8:36:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Whippet06:
You know Frieren's going to win so they just build up the suspense on how bad she's gonna fuck up Aura all episode. Then you get that "holy shit" ending right into the ED. She was not alright.
View Quote

I take it Season 2 started last week?
We had an off week after Ep16, then Ep17 had new OP and ED.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 11:12:52 PM EDT
[#47]
FWIW there are IMHO a few stinkers in the new season so far, for example...

Couldn't even make it all the way through ep. 1 of The Foolish Angel Dances with the Devil. 'Stupid and unfunny' is just not my cup of tea, I guess.

Also not particularly impressed by Hokkaido Gals are Super Adorable! - the MC is a sniveling wimp, and the first Hokkaido 'gal' that he bumps into is more 'skanky' than 'adorable'.

I'm not really all that impressed by benevolent monsters, yakuza, or villains - so Mr. Villain's Day Off also dropped off of my watchlist before I reached the end of ep. 1.

And, although I watched the entire first episode of The Strongest Tank's Labyrinth Raids -A Tank with a Rare 9999 Resistance Skill Got Kicked from the Hero's Party, I'm not feeling any enthusiasm for the either the 'tank' character (his former party members are assholes, but he comes across as an insufferable twerp, so maybe he deserved to be dumped) or for the stray petit homunculus that he picked up, so that one may not stay on my watchlist much longer either.

Link Posted: 1/9/2024 9:26:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Villainess Level 99: I May Be the Hidden Boss But I'm Not the Demon Lord started out like a lot of MC gets reincarnated and isekaied into a game that they are intimately familiar with because they played it when they were alive in their original world - but with a twist.

Will that twist be enough to rise above all of the other shows where OP is living in a game world while retaining their past life's memories?

Maybe...

Link Posted: 1/9/2024 9:38:01 PM EDT
[#49]
The Hokkaido Gal anime is funny.

It's not going to win any awards. The art style is mid. The MC kinda sucks. Hot girls don't act like the feMC to guys that act the way the MC does. The attempts at fan service aren't even good.

Then there's the subs. I still use subs as a crutch a lot, and this show seem like it will have a lot of the two biggest reasons for me to need them: regional dialect and subculture slang. I can still tell without needing to be told that whoever is doing the subs deserves to be replaced with AI tomorrow.

And I don't care about any of that. It made me chuckle.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 9:51:32 PM EDT
[#50]
In the "not quite what I was expecting" department - 'Tis Time for "Torture," Princess is a comedy of the absurd.

It's silly. It's nonsensical. Have I mentioned that it's absurd?

It's about a (not-so) typical princess. A princess who is a leader and a powerful and skillful combatant on the battlefield. A princess who is delighted that she was able to dispatch a terrible monster quickly so that she can get back to her beloved video games.

Somehow she was captured by the demon king's army and thrown into a prison cell with her sentient sword, whereupon the demon king's savage grand inquisitor uses cruel and inhuman methods to torture her into revealing state secrets, by...

Click To View Spoiler

Not sure where it's going, but ep. 1 was funny enough. Are they really going to milk that same gag for the whole season?

I guess that I'll have to watch some more episodes to find out.

View Quote

The Manga does it for 200+ chapters and it's still pretty great
Page / 763
Who watches Anime? (Page 731 of 763)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top