Rhodesian FAL - with Larry Vickers

Link Posted: 11/13/2022 9:38:30 PM EDT
[#2]
OST for DSA accusations
Link Posted: 11/13/2022 9:38:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
DSA is a shit company that tries to steal other people's work.

May fucks be upon them.
View Quote
You will surely be importing new contract made FALs (from God knows where) at reasonable prices for all of us.

Im confident you will do this and will stay tuned to your channel.

Link Posted: 11/13/2022 9:40:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Attachment Attached File

I'm still going to buy stuff from DSA
Link Posted: 11/13/2022 9:41:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/13/2022 9:41:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Pat jones and barrels, need I continue?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So let’s hear your claims have some guts and post them if your going to talk sh** , if they are real claims fine but have the balls to state them at least

??
Link Posted: 11/13/2022 9:51:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn this got interesting
Link Posted: 11/13/2022 9:54:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Consider this, with that rifle you could make the cover of Soldier of Fortune magazine turning you into a pussy magnet.

Link Posted: 11/13/2022 9:55:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/13/2022 9:59:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Wow that omg

We were given a print from another vendor that got prints from Pat which btw he got those prints from lithgow it was not his design or print. So what we had here was a guy who got prints and gave them to a company to make barrels and that company gave us the prints because we make FALs to quote and make barrels for the L1A1 which we did. We didn’t know Pat gave the prints he got from Lithgow to a vendor and then that vendor came to us we were just make a part for them.

BTW I was close to Pat and was with him 2 days before we died you uninformed POS

Come on bring something real here you sh** stirrer
View Quote

The story I was told directly from Pat was that he put a flaw in the drawings on purpose in case the drawings were shared and when he called out DSA about it y'all denied it.
Link Posted: 11/13/2022 10:02:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I’m with spray paint.

Sponge paint jobs all look like ass to me though. It reminds me of that splatter paint all the housewives used back in the 90’s, which is not a good look.

ETA: Dang. Just saw the other posts. I think DSA is one of the best companies around. Pretty rough accusation that I’d find hard to believe.
Link Posted: 11/13/2022 10:04:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/13/2022 10:10:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The Bush Tracker is our take on the rifle using our parts and our methods. we wanted to make a production rifle that is repeatable and can be produced in a timely fashion. The Bush Tracker is a loose facsimile of the Rhodie not a 100% clone.

We will not be changing the camo pattern this is a mass market product we are not looking to spend access time and labor on camo. We also wanted the chipped worn paint look as well.

Also our customer LOVE CARRY HANDLES AND SLING MOUNTS. Yes 1% of customers would like a carry handle cut down and removal of the sling months but we have to consider the 99% of our customers first.

Again it’s a loose facsimile

Thanks for your interest
View Quote
I, for one, wish I had the funds to buy one - I like it.
Link Posted: 11/13/2022 10:26:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

We made to the print the vendor gave us and never denied anything we were a middle man on this and this wasn’t even a design or print Pat or the other vendor owned or this is a nothing deal. Your spreading rumors like the troll you are. We had many transactions with Pat after he found out the truth about the other vendor. We bought and sold many items with Pat up till his death and after his death bought a couple L1a1s from his estate as well.

View Quote

Agree to disagree, at this point it's not like he's gonna call me and tell me any different.
Link Posted: 11/13/2022 10:35:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/13/2022 10:38:00 PM EDT
[#16]
I like Ian and his videos, but he demonstrates an inaccurate understanding that is fairly fundamental in the statement as shown.
There was no "apartheid" government in Rhodesia.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

That being said, I would likely also become a bit tongue tied if presenting in a video with the LAV. Its just sad, when you want to rely on someone else's research and "facts" and they turn out to be easily disproven and inaccurate.
Link Posted: 11/13/2022 10:46:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Sorry I don’t agree with you floating rumors for virtue signaling.
View Quote

Virtue signaling? I don't think that word means what you think it means. But then again you also keep saying troll when no trolling has happened. Maybe you should stick to your industry forum because your mark larue is showing.
Link Posted: 11/13/2022 10:51:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/13/2022 11:02:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Agree to disagree, at this point it's not like he's gonna call me and tell me any different.
View Quote

::You’re lying scum and a shit company because you’re thieves!::

::That’s not at all true and here’s why::

::Oh well.  Agree to disagree. Cheers::

What the fuck???

Link Posted: 11/13/2022 11:08:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

What the fuck???

View Quote

Yeah, that's way over the line.  

Link Posted: 11/13/2022 11:12:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

vir·tue sig·nal·ing
Learn to pronounce
noun
the action or practice of publicly expressing opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue.
"it's noticeable how often virtue signaling consists of saying you hate things"

Kolat you come out with nothing more to say than bullsh** rumors. I see you as a troll and at that point not a customer so f it

View Quote

So now that you know the definition what of my posts have made any demonstration regarding my character?  Or is your argument regarding my belief that it's morally wrong to piggyback on other people's work?

If it's the second then why would you think it's morally ok?

The real question here really should be why are you arguing on the internet instead of watching the yellowstone season premiere?
Link Posted: 11/13/2022 11:17:05 PM EDT
[#22]
I like the rifle the way it is.  If I had the money, I would buy it.   I should just paint my DSA Para, but she is too sexy right now.  Need to put some scratches and shit on her before I decide to paint her.   I had been wanting a Para since the late 80's and was able to score a nice used one in 2019.  Paid way too much for it, but it is what it is.  

It's all SOF's fault.   I think I was one of the only 13 year olds buying SOF religiously from the store.

Be a Man among Men.   Not a rumor spreading troll.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

And this my friends, is the best looking, hard used, FAL I've seen in a long time.  This is how I'm actually going to do mine.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/13/2022 11:20:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Dipshit troll aside, I really like the way this FAL came out.

I might have to order one.
Link Posted: 11/13/2022 11:21:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

What the fuck???

View Quote

At this point it's he said she said. The person who could settle it is dead. Continuing the argument is moot, and there's no way for either side to prove conclusively that their side is correct.
Link Posted: 11/13/2022 11:21:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Wow that omg

We were given a print from another vendor that got prints from Pat which btw he got those prints from lithgow it was not his design or print. So what we had here was a guy who got prints and gave them to a company to make barrels and that company gave us the prints because we make FALs to quote and make barrels for the L1A1 which we did. We didn’t know Pat gave the prints he got from Lithgow to a vendor and then that vendor came to us we were just make a part for them.

BTW I was close to Pat and was with him 2 days before we died you uninformed POS

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow that omg

Link Posted: 11/13/2022 11:22:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Seems like you could remove that paint pretty easily and apply your own.
Link Posted: 11/13/2022 11:32:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I like Ian and his videos, but he demonstrates an inaccurate understanding that is fairly fundamental in the statement as shown.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/201992/Screenshot_20221113-182948_2_png-2599307.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/201992/Screenshot_20221113-182954_2_png-2599308.JPG

That being said, I would likely also become a bit tongue tied if presenting in a video with the LAV. Its just sad, when you want to rely on someone else's research and "facts" and they turn out to be easily disproven and inaccurate.
View Quote

While Rhodesia didn't use the term 'apartheid' (because they didn't speak Afrikaans), they plenty of the same laws. I'd call it a fair characterization.
Link Posted: 11/13/2022 11:46:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

me too
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 12:12:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Probably to give it that worn, flaky look without the colors actually wearing and flaking off.  I think it looks good.
View Quote

Agreed.  I think it looks better than paint brushed, and as they said, it’s loosely based on it, not an exact replica.
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 1:38:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

While Rhodesia didn't use the term 'apartheid' (because they didn't speak Afrikaans), they plenty of the same laws. I'd call it a fair characterization.
View Quote

Yeah, sorry, no.
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 1:50:43 AM EDT
[#31]
I just want some metal fal magazines.
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 1:57:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

note: bolded text above mine.

you aren't aware of what facsimile means, are you?

https://i.ibb.co/rbN9Khd/Fire-Shot-Screen-Capture-190-facsimile-Google-Search-www-google-com-search-q-facsimile.jpg

exact copy.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 2:04:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/201992/Screenshot_20221113-182948_2_png-2599307.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/201992/Screenshot_20221113-182954_2_png-2599308.JPG

So did the American South at the time, lol.  

Yeah, they had some of the same stuff as petty apartheid, but not nearly as bad.  Doesn't justify ending settler rule, of course (not in South Africa, either, really; the irony is that ending apartheid introduced far worse tyranny and just reversed racism by the government).  Apartheid, though, mainly was a reference to the policy of grand apartheid, which is not something that was characteristic of Rhodesia.  Israel keeping the Palestinian areas separate is much closer to grand apartheid than anything Rhodesia did, although I think grand apartheid can't be easily condemned as wrong or immoral, unlike petty apartheid.  Right or wrong, there is a legitimate case for it, even now.
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 2:12:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I like the rifle the way it is.  If I had the money, I would buy it.   I should just paint my DSA Para, but she is too sexy right now.  Need to put some scratches and shit on her before I decide to paint her.   I had been wanting a Para since the late 80's and was able to score a nice used one in 2019.  Paid way too much for it, but it is what it is.  

It's all SOF's fault.   I think I was one of the only 13 year olds buying SOF religiously from the store.

Be a Man among Men.   Not a rumor spreading troll.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/164656/hellyeah_jpg-2599326.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/164656/hell_yeah_jpg-2599327.JPG

And this my friends, is the best looking, hard used, FAL I've seen in a long time.  This is how I'm actually going to do mine.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/164656/helllll_yeah_jpg-2599328.JPG
View Quote

I eventually want to do a clone of Bruce Leslie's rifle.

It's a SADF contract paratroop rifle that had its original receiver replaced by a Type 2 for whatever reason and had its barrel cut down to 16.5" or so and its original vertical frame lock lever replaced with a horizontal one (with the serial number on the lower restamped by hand below the rear sight).  Many of these were painted in the Rhodie dark green color only before eventually being spray painted in various camo patterns like this one (over both the Rhodie green paint and the original black paint over park finish).  They also got those DSA scope mounts and had the carry handles chopped off, leaving just the ring behind as a spacer.

It's unique in that the folding stock hinge has no provision for a sling swivel in the usual position, and has it installed towards the bottom instead.  The top is relieved to accommodate the tangent sight used on fixed-butt rifles.  Only paras made for this contract were in this configuration.  I think only a few thousand were made, and most were destroyed during Operation Mouflon.
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 2:18:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Well this one got unexpectedly spicy.

I dig it man, good lucking rifle.
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 2:30:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Those were surplus rifles they chopped-up for parts kits. Ian explains it in his video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkqVnc0GTqw
View Quote

One of these days I'll finish building my imbel kit on my gear logo receiver, it's only been sitting in boxes for 19 years.
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 2:44:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Yeah, sorry, no.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yeah, sorry, no.

What would you consider characteristic of apartheid which did not exist in Rhodesia?

Quoted:

So did the American South at the time, lol.  

Yeah, they had some of the same stuff as petty apartheid, but not nearly as bad.  Doesn't justify ending settler rule, of course (not in South Africa, either, really; the irony is that ending apartheid introduced far worse tyranny and just reversed racism by the government).  Apartheid, though, mainly was a reference to the policy of grand apartheid, which is not something that was characteristic of Rhodesia.  Israel keeping the Palestinian areas separate is much closer to grand apartheid than anything Rhodesia did, although I think grand apartheid can't be easily condemned as wrong or immoral, unlike petty apartheid.  Right or wrong, there is a legitimate case for it, even now.

If you called the segregationist South apartheid states, I wouldn't object.

I have trouble seeing how the Land Tenure Act/Land Apportionment Act don't count as grand apartheid.
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 7:06:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I eventually want to do a clone of Bruce Leslie's rifle.

It's a SADF contract paratroop rifle that had its original receiver replaced by a Type 2 for whatever reason and had its barrel cut down to 16.5" or so and its original vertical frame lock lever replaced with a horizontal one (with the serial number on the lower restamped by hand below the rear sight).  Many of these were painted in the Rhodie dark green color only before eventually being spray painted in various camo patterns like this one (over both the Rhodie green paint and the original black paint over park finish).  They also got those DSA scope mounts and had the carry handles chopped off, leaving just the ring behind as a spacer.

It's unique in that the folding stock hinge has no provision for a sling swivel in the usual position, and has it installed towards the bottom instead.  The top is relieved to accommodate the tangent sight used on fixed-butt rifles.  Only paras made for this contract were in this configuration.  I think only a few thousand were made, and most were destroyed during Operation Mouflon.
View Quote

Seriously, describe it and no pics?    No one likes a tease. :)

Apologies, a quick google shows it is the third pic above, so already posted.  That is nice; the picture even hilights how well those colors work.
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 7:13:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The Bush Tracker is our take on the rifle using our parts and our methods. we wanted to make a production rifle that is repeatable and can be produced in a timely fashion. The Bush Tracker is a loose facsimile of the Rhodie not a 100% clone.

We will not be changing the camo pattern this is a mass market product we are not looking to spend access time and labor on camo. We also wanted the chipped worn paint look as well.

Also our customer LOVE CARRY HANDLES AND SLING MOUNTS. Yes 1% of customers would like a carry handle cut down and removal of the sling months but we have to consider the 99% of our customers first.

Again it’s a loose facsimile

Thanks for your interest
View Quote

Don't you still carry the washer to replace the carry handle? I think I still have one or two lying around.
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 7:18:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Lame sponge camo is lame, but I’d take one.
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 7:30:01 AM EDT
[#41]
Don't care for the baby poop color, but that's a nice rifle.

Don't care for the troll, either.
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 7:51:47 AM EDT
[#42]
What is a "sanitation hole" and what purpose does it serve?
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 8:30:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

me too
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

me too

I am not a huge Fal fan, but if I had the extra money I would buy one for nostalgia.
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 10:05:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
What is a "sanitation hole" and what purpose does it serve?
View Quote

South African FALs given to Rhodesia had their crests and proof marks removed, or sanitized, for deniability. Removing the crest left a hole in the magwell: a sanitation hole.
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 10:30:24 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I am not a huge Fal fan, but if I had the extra money I would buy one for nostalgia.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

me too

Not a huge fan either but an FAL is on my short list to round out my collection. I just need to finish my BRN180 first. Then I'm getting a Para FAL, plus I like DSA as a company. I like them even more now after this thread...
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 10:36:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

At this point it's he said she said. The person who could settle it is dead. Continuing the argument is moot, and there's no way for either side to prove conclusively that their side is correct.
View Quote

Your post was childish and bizarre. Take your L and move on.
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 9:35:26 PM EDT
[#47]

Link Posted: 11/14/2022 9:38:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 9:50:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
You will surely be importing new contract made FALs (from God knows where) at reasonable prices for all of us.

Im confident you will do this and will stay tuned to your channel.

View Quote

Is there a legitimate reason IMBEL's can't be imported as pistols like JDI, B&T, MKE and Hello Kitty?

Link Posted: 11/14/2022 10:13:29 PM EDT
[#50]
I love it when companies take something that's neat because it's rare, and try to capitalize on it by mass producing it.

That makes it un-neat, and then the world is a less neat place.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top