Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/10/2023 6:14:56 PM EDT
Since this is medicaladvice15.com, I figured I'd post it here.
It's almost like they are thinly sliced at a 45 degree angle. Not deep enough to bleed or anything but they're angled in a way that walking like in a water park is painful at the end of the day because the rolling of my foot makes the split worse.

It only does it on my first and second toes, and the balls of my feet.
Google image searching doesn't turn up a name or condition, WTF causes it?
I'm wondering if it's my socks or maybe my shoes are too loose.
I dunno
Maybe I'm turning into a fish person or something.

Ready for the inevitable flaming that will come in hopes of someone knowing WTF this is
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 6:18:02 PM EDT
[#1]
A few of my toes do the same thing. I work outside and swear a lot so I assumed moisture in my sock had something to do with it idk. Never bothered me enough to look into it.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 6:20:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I used to get that frequently when wearing boots combined with my feet sweat real bad.

For me, the problem reduced about 90% when I joined the self-employed master race, and now wear footwear that is breathable and dries out easily throughout the day.

Link Posted: 7/10/2023 6:22:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Note to self :

STAY AWAY FROM THE WATER PARK !

Link Posted: 7/10/2023 6:23:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A few of my toes do the same thing. I work outside and swear a lot so I assumed moisture in my sock had something to do with it idk. Never bothered me enough to look into it.
View Quote

Hmm, I wear running shoes to work every day, they're plenty breathable.I'm wondering if it's my socks, maybe they have too much synthetic in them.
Maybe I should switch to all cotton ones
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 6:23:36 PM EDT
[#5]

It’s started to activate.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 6:23:59 PM EDT
[#6]
There’s a fungus amount us.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 6:28:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 6:34:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.

Lotrimin will clear it up in a week or two and your toes will heal.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 6:36:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Makes me wonder which way is the proper way to count your fingers and toes.

I'd do left to right.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 6:37:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Those are definitely gills.

Research the documentary Waterworld.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 6:38:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This.

View Quote

you think it's foot fungus? if it were wouldn't it be all between my toes and stuff? I have a nail fungus on one toenail, but it's the 4th one, not near where those two are, and the third toe is perfectly fine.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 6:39:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

This.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

A foot fungal infection sucks. I had one that took months to clear (camped in wet shoes)

Scrubbed feet everyday 2-3 times, changed socks multiple times, tossed out shoes, etc.

Or see a doc, they can give you good shit.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 6:41:10 PM EDT
[#13]
You need to take pressure off that and let it heal.  I suggest using only your right three toes for support while walking or running, for the next two weeks.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 6:45:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

you think it's foot fungus? if it were wouldn't it be all between my toes and stuff? I have a nail fungus on one toenail, but it's the 4th one, not near where those two are, and the third toe is perfectly fine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

See that dead skin?  That’s food for the fungus. Best get that taken care of by a doc.

A blood fungal infection can kill you.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 6:46:27 PM EDT
[#15]
I have the exact same problem and would love to know why it happens.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/10/2023 6:47:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you would stop swearing it would probably go away.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 6:50:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP, how's your potty mouth?
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 6:54:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

It's been a while but I've had the same splitting / cutting problem like that on the bottom of my toes. I've also had flaking/peeling between my toes.

I have a few doctors in the family and one told me to try lotrimin and if that doesn't fix it go to my doc and they could get me something more powerful, but the lotrimin knocked it out quickly.

Haven't had any issues in a while but I switched to wearing flipflops or going barefoot when I'm home, and wear merino wool socks when I'm wearing my boots.

Link Posted: 7/10/2023 6:54:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

OP, how's your potty mouth?
View Quote

I try not to swear, I think it sounds trashy
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 6:58:09 PM EDT
[#20]
In for more feet pics

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 6:58:44 PM EDT
[#21]
You got digger!  

Lamisil - It's Alive (2003, USA)
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 7:13:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Have someone record your gate (or you can do it yourself). Have them hold the phone low to the ground and record your feet as you walk. Do it from the front, the rear, and the side. Each time, walk at least 10 steps.

Then, watch the videos of yourself walking. Do your feet turn a bit as you walk and are on the balls of your feet? You may be doing it and not notice it when you walk.

I'm no doctor, but I've had one watch me as I walked and I found out that I my feet were rolling inward as I walked. I never noticed it. But I sure noticed it when I started wearing different shoes and orthotic insoles. But recording your gate can tell you a lot about your feet.
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 8:39:37 PM EDT
[#23]
It's a potential sign of retardation. Here is another, for awareness:

(Just kidding, I get weird stuff on my feet too and would like to know)
Link Posted: 7/10/2023 8:42:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Man am I glad you don't have hemorrhoids.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 12:07:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

See that dead skin?  That’s food for the fungus. Best get that taken care of by a doc.

View Quote

@spidey07
you were 1000% right. I didn't have any lotramin and the store here is sold out, so I had some terbinafine hydrochloride antifungal (for athletes foot) and have been using that on the bottom of my feet daily for the last 4 days, and there is a marked improvement
turns out that stuff was called scaling and it is definitely some kind of fungus, the balls of my feet and big toes are almost healed and looking back to normal.
thanks for your info, it is helping out tremendously

@Gunslinger03R6 since you were curious as well
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 12:12:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

@spidey07
you were 1000% right. I didn't have any lotramin and the store here is sold out, so I had some terbinafine hydrochloride antifungal (for athletes foot) and have been using that on the bottom of my feet daily for the last 4 days, and there is a marked improvement
turns out that stuff was called scaling and it is definitely some kind of fungus, the balls of my feet and big toes are almost healed and looking back to normal.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@spidey07

Nice!  Keep on it. It takes weeks to really kill it. Change shoes and socks often as well.  Twice daily even better.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 5:57:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Them little piggies want to go to market!
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 7:00:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

What would language have to do with flesh on your foot?????    
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 8:28:40 PM EDT
[#29]
I get that too.  Usually after swimming in pools or after walking a lot in work boots that don't fit perfectly.  Doc said people that go barefoot get it a lot due to friction between their foot and the surface they are walking on - can be bad on rough concrete and rough swimming pool surfaces.  Also said it happens unevenly on your toes depending on how you walk/roll your feet.

When I get it, I try to cut the excess flaps and use an anti bacterial creme at night to speed healing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top