Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2023 8:31:03 PM EDT
Biden's decision to try and appease China by accepting their overflight of balloons is not surprising.  And apparently China thinks balloons are a threat to no one.  So why don't we launch our own instead?  It would be entertaining.

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 8:39:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Biden's decision to try and appease China by accepting their overflight of balloons is not surprising.  And apparently China thinks balloons are a threat to no one.  So why don't we launch our own instead?  It would be entertaining.

View Quote

We did!
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 8:42:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Biden is launching some this weekend, just waiting for Amazon to deliver them.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 8:47:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Because in a few days we'll have another thing scroll across our news feed to distract us from the important things.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 8:49:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd be OK with launching our own balloons over china if they were attached to some canned sunshine. Fuck china. That shithole should have been nuked in 1945.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 8:49:02 PM EDT
[#5]
If we only had a way to put cameras up high in the air and make them fly around the world looking at whatever we want to see. Then we wouldn't need balloons.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 8:49:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't care about launching our own. I'm curious as to why the chicken dick little bitches who are charged with keeping this country safe haven't made a move to get that 'weather balloon" out of the sky.
The feckless cowards are so worried about inclusion and social justice that security of the United States doesn't even rate an afterthought.
Pussies.
Edit: not calling Arfcomers pussies. I'm calling the establishment assholes in D.C. pussies.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 8:49:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If we only had a way to put cameras up high in the air and make them fly around the world looking at whatever we want to see. Then we wouldn't need balloons.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 8:50:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Dude... You should totally contact Elon about this idea. I bet he'd figure something out.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 8:50:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't care about launching our own. I'm curious as to why the chicken dick little bitches who are charged with keeping this country safe haven't made a move to get that 'weather balloon" out of the sky.
The feckless cowards are so worried about inclusion and social justice that security of the United States doesn't even rate an afterthought.
Pussies.
View Quote

Also this
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 8:50:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'd be OK with launching our own balloons over china if they were attached to some canned sunshine. Fuck china. That shithole should have been nuked in 1945.
View Quote

What did they do in 1945?
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 8:51:21 PM EDT
[#11]
We launched our balloons already to surveil our own people.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/aug/02/pentagon-balloons-surveillance-midwest
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 8:53:12 PM EDT
[#12]
I am just here to say Fuck Joe Biden and fuck your feelings
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 8:54:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Pussies.
View Quote

Joe has never had the balls to take action… Remember he was the one arguing for us not to go get bin Ladin.  He is exactly the kind of weak willed man that will force us into something more serious through appeasement.

-Mike
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 8:56:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Anyone that thinks this balloon is seeing something that their satellites hasn't already seen is wrong.

Hell. Google Earth shows you everything already.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 8:56:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're fucking communists then and they're fucking communists now.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 8:58:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Anyone that thinks this balloon is seeing something that their satellites hasn't already seen is wrong.

View Quote

It’s not seeing.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 8:59:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Honestly the data they collect is not the point.  

Are we really ok with letting another country put spy aircraft in our airspace?

-Mike
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 8:59:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Testing our reaction. Probably has receiving equipment to record our interrogation and jamming electronic signals. And the balloon is more than likely fitted with an altitude sensitive destruction device on it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 9:01:35 PM EDT
[#19]
I think Arfcom should put a Surveillance balloon up to monitor the FIB and AFT.   The shitheads in government already said they couldn't do anything about it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 9:05:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

-Mike
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Mike

I get it. We know it was never about real time intel other than what the reaction would be to the action.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 9:37:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Joe has never had the balls to take action  Remember he was the one arguing for us not to go get bin Ladin.  He is exactly the kind of weak willed man that will force us into something more serious through appeasement.

-Mike
View Quote
Not even just that perverted asshole.
Why are Generals (think Patton) and Admirals ( think Marcenko, although I can't remember if he made Admiral) not standing on tables and stomping up and down? Why the hell are we clutching pearls when we should be scrambling jets?
I am not ragging on the American fighting man. I'm dogging on the dumbasses that are leading our bravest.
To our millitary leaders, Fuck China! Man the fuck up and stop this threat, curs.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 9:44:47 PM EDT
[#24]
BALLOON THREAD!!!
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 11:53:39 PM EDT
[#25]
We don't need balloons, we have satellites that were not made by Harbor Freight.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 11:54:37 PM EDT
[#26]
They could make us a deal on one and save on shipping
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 11:59:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sounds like science fiction.   They'd hit the firmament before they got high enough.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 12:01:38 AM EDT
[#28]
We need a balloon forum.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 12:02:13 AM EDT
[#29]
WE gave them all to Ukraine
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 12:02:25 AM EDT
[#30]
We'll get bigger balloons with bigger nails until we create a balloon so big it will destroy the world.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 8:21:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Air currents

They don't flow west.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 8:24:03 AM EDT
[#32]
BALLOON WARS
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 8:30:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Air currents

They don't flow west.
View Quote
This....

Lol.

Would have some explaining to do as it passes over Europe, the Middle East, maybe even parts of Russia first.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 8:48:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Sentient satellites are more our speed.

Link Posted: 2/4/2023 9:09:36 AM EDT
[#35]
We don't launch balloons because we have satellites. The thing is, China also has satellites. So, why the hell are they flying balloons?
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 3:37:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
We don't launch balloons because we have satellites. The thing is, China also has satellites. So, why the hell are they flying balloons?
View Quote
Satellites are predictable.

But a lumbering balloon kinda is also....so not sure.

China isn't denying it, from what I can tell. However the timing of the visit to China and the balloon is alightly suspect.

Again, I wouldn't doubt us re-using a previously captured balloon and releasing it to stir the pot.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 3:46:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Because which ever country we would launch them over would shoot them down making us look even weaker.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 3:49:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Counter assault balloons are being staged

Link Posted: 2/4/2023 3:59:47 PM EDT
[#39]
We have plenty of eyes in the sky already.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:06:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Came here to post a sarcastic clip from "V the final Battle" you know the scene where they used hot air balloons to drop red dust into the air?

I just watched it a few weeks ago but now it's nowhere to be found on YouTube.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:14:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Cause we have these

Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:16:04 PM EDT
[#42]
The situation is ballooning out of control
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:16:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:19:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:31:05 PM EDT
[#45]
81,000,000 red luft balloons
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:34:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:37:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Joe has never had the balls to take action… Remember he was the one arguing for us not to go get bin Ladin.  He is exactly the kind of weak willed man that will force us into something more serious through appeasement.

-Mike
View Quote

I'm glad you posted that, a lot of folks don't know that

he has been a worthless liar and dipshit from birth
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 4:46:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Surprised no mention of Japan's balloon warfare in WWII against the US. They did proof of concept with the balloons carrying incindaries. They threatened biowarfare agents onboard next to bring about a peace settlement.

Jet stream goes west to east. The balloons were small hot air. China is capable of doing the same.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top