Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 5/2/2024 5:08:29 PM EDT
I want to like Sig as a manufacturer, but they sure have a lot of black eyes these days and the fanbois still run rampant.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:09:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Poll missing Indian sandal wearing stray dog sniffing safety squints parts
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:10:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Never_A_Wick] [#2]
If you know anything about R/C, they’re the Traxxas of gun makers.

Bunch of dumb gimmicks to sell to the dumb.

ETA Bruce Gray is an insufferable boomer.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:12:14 PM EDT
[#3]
After my friend shipped his 5 moa 716 back to Sig and they told him it was within spec. He disclosed it and sold it. He bought a Knights. Years ago Sig had the frame rail wear chart for the aluminum framed guns and will not warranty those that wore out. I sold my 228 when the rails started showing wear.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:13:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I like Sig. never an issue. Reliable and accurate.

Same with Glock.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:13:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Sig invented the pistol brace. Sig had introduced a compensator that was essentially a mono core suppressor without the outer tube. Sig gives the FBATFE the middle finger constantly. That makes them good people.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:14:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I thought firearms instructors were required to know about guns.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:15:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By timeless:
View Quote
Maybe that's what brings me here.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:16:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Their habit of beta testing in production recently has tarnished them more than anything.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:16:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By colklink:
Sig invented the pistol brace. Sig had introduced a compensator that was essentially a mono core suppressor without the outer tube. Sig gives the FBATFE the middle finger constantly. That makes them good people.
View Quote

Sig did NOT invent the pistol brace.

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:17:36 PM EDT
[#10]
My opinion is Sig has turned into Bose.

Bose was a good brand or sorta was thought to be.... didn't matter what the actual sound of the product was.

When you could all of a sudden get a Bose setup at Sears, it became not so much of a wanted item.

Sig is just so into everything these days it feels cheep to me. Cheese ball little plastic $100 red dots? WTF why do that to your brand?
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:17:39 PM EDT
[#11]
HK level arrogance, Olympic level QC, a willingness to orphan products at the drop of a hat, and the tendency to use the end user as the beta tester
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:18:12 PM EDT
[#12]
My 320 Hindu nothin!

But in all seriousness it’s a combination of the executive mismanagement, the super cheesy gazillion variants of guns they make, the 320 issues, the discontinued models and lack of factory support, and multiple other things.

Glock and HK get my handgun business and I don’t see that changing any time soon
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:19:40 PM EDT
[#13]
I like what Sigs been doing with rifles and PCCs. I can over look problems when you’re innovating and not putting out a stagnant product line.

Their handguns never interested me much, only one I ever bought had a shitty soft metal decocker bar that would bend and fail anytime you actually tried to use it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:25:57 PM EDT
[#14]
SIG USA is a trash company with zero commitment to quality.  I'm mystified as to why people buy the garbage they sell and act surprised when it shits the bed.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:26:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Efl15] [#15]
If SIG has lost any customers, I’ll accept your 5.56 NATO, 9mm, or .22 LR SIG guns for proper disposal.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:28:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: timeless] [#16]
Originally Posted By DernHumpus:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DernHumpus:
Originally Posted By timeless:

Unfavorable? They make the most popular CCW pistol in the world.

Not to mention the P226 which the best shooting handgun I have ever owned.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:28:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Numerous P320 lawsuits haven't done them any favors.

I carry a P365 XL and love it. Definitely not a fanboy, though, of any gun company really. (Only exception would be the original Springfield Armory gov't arsenal.)

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:29:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Shitty customer service from sig over 20 years ago is why I will never buy another gun from them.
I have that same deal with apple.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:29:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Because Ron Cohen values quantity over quality
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:31:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Whiskey1Alpha] [#20]
Too focused on doing whatever to get a gov contract as opposed to doing whatever to make something better.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:32:01 PM EDT
[#21]
My only real gripe about Sig is their lack of product support.  

They focus too heavily on getting new shit cranked out, then not supporting the Legacy products.  

Case in point- the Sig 556R.  That was the 556 platform that took x39 mags and shot x39.  

How bad ass is that.  What did Sig do?   Drop it and ALL support and move on.  

I love my Sigs, have yet to have one thats not a shooter.  

But the lack of support for Legacy products is mind numbing.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:34:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Because after they made my 1995 P220, that I bought new then, they lost their "To Hell And Back Reliability". That is all.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:35:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Middleofthemgmt:
Their habit of beta testing in production recently has tarnished them more than anything.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:36:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By TZLVredmist:
Bose was a good brand or sorta was thought to be.... didn't matter what the actual sound of the product was.

When you could all of a sudden get a Bose setup at Sears, it became not so much of a wanted item.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TZLVredmist:

Good analogy.

Sig is just so into everything these days it feels cheep to me. Cheese ball little plastic $100 red dots? WTF why do that to your brand?
Because cheap entry-level products are what sells nowadays, and what nets the most profit when obtained in bulk from China & India. (That's what corporate thinks, anyway.)

SIG still makes some good stuff, but prior to about 2005 it was all good stuff (just less products).

Idk who their "special edition/flavor of the year" type pistol products appeal to, but that marketing strategy came straight from Kimber.

They switched over to offering their Legion stuff like "You're in the Legion club now" and maybe that's working better for them? Idk.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:37:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Shit
Indian
Guns
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:38:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By colklink:
Sig invented the pistol brace.
View Quote

They did?

I thought a veteran invented it with SB Tactical being the first company to bring them to actual market.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:38:43 PM EDT
[#27]
They used to do this :Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:39:38 PM EDT
[#28]
The Mosquito was a POS. The 556 was nothing special. The 320 does nothing for me.

That said, I dig my P365 and like the P226 (although not enough to buy one).

So for me they are a mediocre company with an outsized reputation.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:40:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarlosC] [#29]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:
I like Sig. never an issue. Reliable and accurate.

Same with Glock.
View Quote

Same here. I only own their classic pistols though - P-220, P-226 Mk25, and P-228. I also do have a 2022. No issues with any of them.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:40:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Sig has a lot of products... which is good.... unfortunately not all of them are good.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:41:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Because they called my employer and told them to have me stop posting on arfcom.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:41:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Grendelsbane:
HK level arrogance, Olympic level QC, a willingness to orphan products at the drop of a hat, and the tendency to use the end user as the beta tester
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:42:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By RamaSita:
Poll missing Indian sandal wearing stray dog sniffing safety squints parts
View Quote

View Quote

Harsh, but fair/accurate.

I wanted to like Sig. I really did. But after 3 tries and 3 fails (including a 226 SAO legion), I just realized they're not for me.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:42:46 PM EDT
[#34]
FPNI.

Sigs used to be great...  Cohen may have made them more profitable, but after ditching a reasonable level of quality control.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:42:55 PM EDT
[#35]
It has become obvious SIG hires retired high ups to get contracts? Or favored brands lose them? Who knows.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:42:58 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

This is mostly it in a single sentence.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:43:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Pair_of_ACES:
My 320 Hindu nothin!

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:44:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PRasko] [#38]
Buy old sigs, not new.

That's my stance on the company.

Same with s&w. They can keep their shitty new pistols and I'll keep using my old revolvers and 5906 tsw.

God i sound like a fking Fudd, I swear I'm not a fking fudd..
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:47:07 PM EDT
[#39]
It’s hard to overcome the reputation they had 30+ years ago (P226 and older) in the face of the cost cutting 1990-2000’s environment when things were simply built cheaper. It’s now a whole new generation and they have done a good job innovating to remain relevant. Their military contracts go a long way in maintaining their reputation.

I’m annoyed they seem to make something new and stop supporting the previous generation every few years and that they are in the Northeast (generally anti-2a market) but those are minor grievances.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:47:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Poll fail: no button for “I don’t have any problem with SIG.”

Three SIG products here and not a bit of trouble with any of them.  Didn’t go off by themselves, disassemble spontaneously, burst into flames, or fail in any manner.

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:48:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Sounds like the poors are chiming in......
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:48:26 PM EDT
[#42]
I want to like Sig USA because they're obviously on our side of things and I love the "almost a suppressor muzzle break" PCC they were going to sell, braces, etc.  But they seem to also make some of the most frustratingly stupid decisions like the 556 coming out as a tapcofucked AR stocked abortion vs the "nearly 550 clone" everyone wanted combined with FN-like product life cycles making one wonder if there will even be magazine availability 1-2 years down the road, much less factory support.

Probably the company I love/hate the most if that makes sense.  I mean, I like Ruger well enough, they just never do anything that surprises me, gets me excited or makes me think "what fucking crackhead made that decision?"

SIG seems only capable of one extreme or the other.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:49:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By GenYRevolverGuy:

Sig did NOT invent the pistol brace.

View Quote

Ok, who did? First pistol brace I had ever heard about was on a Sig AR.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:49:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Their products have been interesting but quality issues and effectively beta testing designs when they are launched, resulting in Gen 2+ variants that aren't backwards compatible and leaving owners of Gen 1's holding the bag in some of those cases, left a bad impression on folks.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:50:03 PM EDT
[#45]
I’m just here to show off my new appendix carry rig
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:50:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Media_Noche:
The Mosquito was a POS. The 556 was nothing special. The 320 does nothing for me.

That said, I dig my P365 and like the P226 (although not enough to buy one).

So for me they are a mediocre company with an outsized reputation.
View Quote

I own a Mosquito despite all the bad press. I only gig them half for it as it's a Turkish made gun with their name on it. And it excels at teaching immediate/remedial actions.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:51:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Never_A_Wick:

They did?

I thought a veteran invented it with SB Tactical being the first company to bring them to actual market.
View Quote

Evidently I was mistaken on that.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:52:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By 03RN:
Because they called my employer and told them to have me stop posting on arfcom.
View Quote

We’re going to need more details on this one.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:53:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By WhisperPickle:
I’m just here to show off my new appendix carry rig
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/115870/IMG_5335_jpeg-3203978.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:53:39 PM EDT
[#50]
I own five pistols and 4 of them are Sigs. I'm contemplating a P365XL or Macro. They fixed my 18 year old P220 under warranty for free. No complaints from me.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Top Top