[#3]
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 9:48:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 9:50:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
WHO IS THE SHOOTER?

There is some unsubstantiated rumor, posted in the other thread, to the effect that "sources familiar" told NPR some sort or hearsay that it was "senior Capitol Police Officer."

If this is true, WHERE IS THE CORROBORATION?
View Quote

According to congressman Massie, it was likely a member of the house chamber's sergeant at arms' protection staff, who were protecting a house chamber which still had congressmen inside it - unlike the senate chamber. They never breached the house chamber which had this security separate and apart from capitol police.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 9:54:21 AM EDT
[#6]
This is the Twitter account of the person who took the video...

https://twitter.com/thejaydenxander
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 9:54:31 AM EDT
[#7]

RIP Ashli

No Justice No Peace

Hands up don't shoot

WLM
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 10:02:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Well sure looked like mr secret service guy murdered her. Took careful aim and shot her while she was stuck in the door. Fucking murder pure and simple
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 10:05:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

My best guess is ND based on the video I've seen.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why did they shoot her?

My best guess is ND based on the video I've seen.

I said in the other thread yesterday that this makes the most sense. Either it was a super fucked up bad shoot like so bad it looked unintentional, or it was unintentional. When it happened everyone was just confused. Even the cop with the rifle didn’t know what just happened. That doesn’t excuse it, but it helps understand it. Of course I don’t know if it’s what happened or not either though.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 10:10:54 AM EDT
[#10]
The idiot shooter looked to be totally overwhelmed with stress pissing his pants. All he had to do was walk up and give her a shove back. Plus the lady had a fucking SWAT team calmly walking up behind her.

If that idiot was aa street cop, he would last maybe 10 seconds. Would probably shoot the watch commander at role call!

Also, who's idiot idea was it to break into offices and try to storm past panicking "cops"? Was this all planned? WTF was the goal besides take selfies in burglarized congessional offices? What a shit show!
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 10:11:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
This is the Twitter account of the person who took the video...

https://twitter.com/thejaydenxander
View Quote

Put that video on ABC News, and a murder charge is guaranteed.

Link Posted: 1/7/2021 10:17:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
https://streamable.com/3uoocq

Video clearly shows who the shooter is. If someone can walk me through saving it, let me know.

View Quote

In ways it looks like Schumer!
RIP Ashli
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 10:18:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The idiot shooter looked to be totally overwhelmed with stress pissing his pants. All he had to do was walk up and give her a shove back. Plus the lady had a fucking SWAT team calmly walking up behind her.

If that idiot was aa street cop, he would last maybe 10 seconds. Would probably shoot the watch commander at role call!

Also, who's idiot idea was it to break into offices and try to storm past panicking "cops"? Was this all planned? WTF was the goal besides take selfies in burglarized congessional offices? What a shit show!
View Quote

No one walking in the background hallway even seems to care.  He's the only one close.  

He's hiding off to the side, instead of confronting her face to face.  I can't hear any verbal warnings.  Overall, it definitely seems like the shooter is untrained.  

Yes, it was a dumb idea.  But many others walked through the capitol without getting whacked.  Does trespassing on government property justify murder?  We're about to find out.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 10:20:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

@Charging_Handle
If you have a good letter, please share it.  That's probably what it's going to take to make anything happen.

Based on the video, the shooter deserves to be charged with murder, and a trial by jury.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am sitting here right now drafting a letter to my elected representative and senators demanding a full investigation as to why an unarmed American patriot was shot down today in our nation's Capitol while peacefully protesting for a cause she believed was right. I have sat at home and watched inner city rabble and ANTIFA loot, destroy, threaten and burn all across this nation for most of the previous year. Yet I didn't see any of them gunned down by police. I want my elected representatives to justify to me how this happened now and what they intend to do about it. I hope all of you do likewise. And if we don't get the response we want, there may be a need for additional protests in the near future. That American patriot, who served her nation abroad and did 4 tours of duty in Afghanistan deserves at a minimum the same attention and respect afforded to George Floyd. We cannot and must not allow this act to go unchallenged.

@Charging_Handle
If you have a good letter, please share it.  That's probably what it's going to take to make anything happen.

Based on the video, the shooter deserves to be charged with murder, and a trial by jury.

Yes please and if the arfcom lawyers would draw up a form letter it needs it’s own thread.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 10:25:45 AM EDT
[#15]
The SWAT team was coming up the stairs from below the 2nd floor level

Link Posted: 1/7/2021 10:43:53 AM EDT
[#16]
RIP Ashli Babbit
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 10:49:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Does anyone know if Ashli is a mom? Just wondering...
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 10:53:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yes please and if the arfcom lawyers would draw up a form letter it needs it’s own thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am sitting here right now drafting a letter to my elected representative and senators demanding a full investigation as to why an unarmed American patriot was shot down today in our nation's Capitol while peacefully protesting for a cause she believed was right. I have sat at home and watched inner city rabble and ANTIFA loot, destroy, threaten and burn all across this nation for most of the previous year. Yet I didn't see any of them gunned down by police. I want my elected representatives to justify to me how this happened now and what they intend to do about it. I hope all of you do likewise. And if we don't get the response we want, there may be a need for additional protests in the near future. That American patriot, who served her nation abroad and did 4 tours of duty in Afghanistan deserves at a minimum the same attention and respect afforded to George Floyd. We cannot and must not allow this act to go unchallenged.

@Charging_Handle

Who's paying?
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 11:02:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Who's paying?
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/7/2021 11:22:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Judging by his profile he is certainly the opposite of a Conservative.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 12:24:19 PM EDT
[#21]
VIDEO

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/ks8gtj/clearest_view_of_a_terrorist_attempting_to_breach/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/ks8gtj/clearest_view_of_a_terrorist_attempting_to_breach/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Screen capture

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/7/2021 12:35:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Her name was Ashli Babbit.

Woman Killed in U.S. Capitol Siege was Air Force Veteran Ashli Babbitt of San Diego
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 12:35:46 PM EDT
[#23]
I was searching the web for Ashli Babbit and a DU link was one of the first results.

Ive never been to DU so this is a "duh" type remark;

Those people are insane. Like truly dilusional, evil, idiotic scum.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 12:38:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

No one walking in the background hallway even seems to care.  He's the only one close.  

He's hiding off to the side, instead of confronting her face to face.  I can't hear any verbal warnings.  Overall, it definitely seems like the shooter is untrained.  

Yes, it was a dumb idea.  But many others walked through the capitol without getting whacked.  Does trespassing on government property justify murder?  We're about to find out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If her and the crowd deserved to be shot for trespassing why dont the 4 armed cops right behind (not getting attacked) her start mowing down the unarmed crowd with their ARs? It would have been quite easy...
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 12:38:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Who's paying?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Charging_Handle

Who's paying?

What’s your fee? $150.00 hour? One hour should suffice? IM me I will pay if it does just a little good and gives well thought out words for us who are to emotional to form a well written request letter.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 12:39:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
What did she do?
Did she have a gun?
Did she try to disarm someone with a gun?
What was the reason for use of lethal force?
View Quote

The reason for the use of lethal force is that she was personification of patriotism in that moment and imminently threatened tyrannical power. They'd shoot all of us to protect that power make no mistake!
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 12:40:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

What’s your fee? $150.00 hour? One hour should suffice? IM me I will pay if it does just a little good and gives well thought out words for us who are to emotional to form a well written request letter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Charging_Handle

Who's paying?

Once they see the word "....patriot..." its going in the shredder.

Just ask why someone was killed for trespassing while shop owners were arrested all summer for the same or just pointing a gun at looters.

Should there be a double standard?
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 12:42:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Charging_Handle

Who's paying?

So you have done given up? My district Rep maintained the objection. I think he needs well written support at this moment.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 12:48:50 PM EDT
[#29]
RIP Ma'am, we all thank you for your service to this ONCE great country, it's ashamed you were murdered for exercising your rights, and by an over zealous poor trained piece of shit. As some have mentioned, to think that piece of trash George Floyd was hoisted up on that pedestal and made out to be some sort of hero, when he was a Grade A shitbag, a convicted violent felon and drug addict, while you ma'am will be referred to as a "pro Trump rioter". We need to burn this shit down, if we don't we ALL know what will become of us.

RIP Ma'am, my prayers are with you and your family and friends, I promise your death will not be in vain.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 12:49:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

This must be sarcasm.  You know the video will be twisted to show justification of deadly force.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 12:54:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
How about some Context..?

Was she inside the Capitol building ?
Was she attempting to gain further access within that building ?
Was she shot by Security ?

Anyone that breached the Entrance to the Capitol building should expect deadly force to be used if their goal is disrupting the proceedings or other occupation of the building.

Flat out unacceptable to breach the building during during these proceedings.
View Quote

I'd love your take on the American Revolution, firearms confiscation from Jews in prior to WWII in Germany? When in your mind would it be acceptable to do what she did?
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:00:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not sure and part of me hopes she was and wasn't. My heart aches for her family and if she does have a children. If she does they will know their Mom died a hero fighting for America!
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:12:54 PM EDT
[#33]
After seeing the new video that shooting has to be moved from the probably an ND column to the completely irrational category.

Congressional security not Capitol Police?  Is that a plum job on a Congressman's staff given out to cronies or is it a position with qualifications?
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:17:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

I read she has 4 children

Link Posted: 1/7/2021 3:11:04 PM EDT
[#35]
BTT

How many times have you shared the videos?
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 3:46:26 PM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 1/7/2021 4:36:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

This must be sarcasm.  You know the video will be twisted to show justification of deadly force.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Somehow I thought it would be common sense

After some time on twitter, I realize common sense is fading pretty freaking fast
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 6:48:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 11:16:59 PM EDT
[#39]
OK streamable.com shit canned the video so new link and downloadable.

Video of shooter saved off twitter to mega in case it disappears.  

VIDEO: Shooter Video HD 1080 with sound saved

Link Posted: 1/7/2021 11:46:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Probably that whole thing about needing to be able to articulate ability, opportunity, manifest intent, immediate jeopardy, and having no other good alternatives at the moment the shot was fired.

Lethal force is justified by an immediate exigency...as in, in the moment the shot is fired the officer firing the shot has to have an objectively reasonable claim that they were presented with an immediate lethal threat and didn't have a good alternative to using lethal force.

There are some places in the US where merely being there without authorization is sufficient to justify the use of lethal force, but those places are exceedingly few and we're talking about the most dangerous sorts of locations. If you make it into a nuclear weapons site, for example, past a certain point you can only have gotten there because you've undertaken an act of war or terrorism. That isn't what we're seeing here.

Hell, when people have broken into the White House and were heading into the residential quarters...meaning the place where the president lives that doesn't have security posted in it...they still didn't just shoot the guy. Because even in those super rare cases where someone gets access to a sensitive location the most sensible thing to do is to try and not kill people unless you are presented with an immediate lethal threat.

No such threat was evident in that shooting.

My best guess is sympathetic nervous response combined with some truly shitty gun handling.

But looking at the latest video, that could just as easily have been a deliberate shot. It's hard to say.

Either way, her death is an actual criminal act. Either criminal because that shooting was not justified by the circumstances or criminally negligent by someone who was violating multiple laws of safety.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If her and the crowd deserved to be shot for trespassing why dont the 4 armed cops right behind (not getting attacked) her start mowing down the unarmed crowd with their ARs? It would have been quite easy...

Probably that whole thing about needing to be able to articulate ability, opportunity, manifest intent, immediate jeopardy, and having no other good alternatives at the moment the shot was fired.

Lethal force is justified by an immediate exigency...as in, in the moment the shot is fired the officer firing the shot has to have an objectively reasonable claim that they were presented with an immediate lethal threat and didn't have a good alternative to using lethal force.

There are some places in the US where merely being there without authorization is sufficient to justify the use of lethal force, but those places are exceedingly few and we're talking about the most dangerous sorts of locations. If you make it into a nuclear weapons site, for example, past a certain point you can only have gotten there because you've undertaken an act of war or terrorism. That isn't what we're seeing here.

Hell, when people have broken into the White House and were heading into the residential quarters...meaning the place where the president lives that doesn't have security posted in it...they still didn't just shoot the guy. Because even in those super rare cases where someone gets access to a sensitive location the most sensible thing to do is to try and not kill people unless you are presented with an immediate lethal threat.

No such threat was evident in that shooting.

My best guess is sympathetic nervous response combined with some truly shitty gun handling.

But looking at the latest video, that could just as easily have been a deliberate shot. It's hard to say.

Either way, her death is an actual criminal act. Either criminal because that shooting was not justified by the circumstances or criminally negligent by someone who was violating multiple laws of safety.

That is a textbook deliberate shot, not a ''whoops, I f'ed up.''
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 12:28:27 AM EDT
[#41]
I've typed and deleted things for about ten minutes. Nothing I have to say is within COC or even basic human decency, not that the murderer deserves any measure of decency but..
Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top