This will lead to......

WE
View Quote

WUZ
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 4:22:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I’m a Nuclear Engineer.  Tell me again about isotopes and my scientific illiteracy?  Oh yeah, I’m not.

One guy, one unreviewed paper.  Referencing his own papers a bunch of times.  Sorry, do you know how conferences work?  Pay your money, and cranks can get stuff submitted.  Wake me when a reputable journal gets his stuff past peer review.  @VaultBoy
View Quote

Ok, then. Where does Xe129 come from?
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 4:25:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You don't know fuck about shit.

But we do know shit about fuck.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We don't know shit about fuck.

We think we know everything, but that's our own ego.

You don't know fuck about shit.

But we do know shit about fuck.

Link Posted: 6/12/2020 4:26:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
radioactive isotopes
alloys
ceramics
organics (plastics)

All of those would have been found in a mine by now.
View Quote

this

any many other footprints
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 4:45:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Ok, then. Where does Xe129 come from?
View Quote

You mean besides the goodly percentage of Xenon already existent here pre-nuclear power?  Decay of nuclear isotopes from the formation of the planets?

There are still questions and theories on the exact mechanism of planet formation.  Questions on how elements were distributed amongst the planets and where they came from.  I took a class under this guy https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harrison_Schmitt, the last man to walk on the moon and only scientist to do so, addressing resource distribution in the solar system.  Kinda an expert there.  There’s a lot not yet entirely certain, and you want to tell me we KNOW the distribution of XE-129 must be from nuclear weapons?

Tell me another.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 4:57:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Exactly. Pyramids are naturally occurring shapes. Every pile of dirt is a pyramid.

https://jooinn.com/images/pile-of-dirt.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I believe there is a chance a civilization more advanced than we give credit for (think Iron Age) may have been around thousands of years prior to what we currently document.

The consistency in architecture (stone blocks) between different continents is staggering.  There was contact between ancient people.  We can't figure out how they made certain stone structures, yet multiple civilizations thfousands of miles apart independently developed the same method?  Okay.

Um, people all developed "stone blocks" because geometry and physics are constants.  Just like pyramids are the most stable and simple structure to construct.
Exactly. Pyramids are naturally occurring shapes. Every pile of dirt is a pyramid.

https://jooinn.com/images/pile-of-dirt.jpg

Is every pile of dirt aligned to true North within 1/20th of a degree?
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 5:10:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You mean besides the goodly percentage of Xenon already existent here pre-nuclear power?  Decay of nuclear isotopes from the formation of the planets?

There are still questions and theories on the exact mechanism of planet formation.  Questions on how elements were distributed amongst the planets and where they came from.  I took a class under this guy https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harrison_Schmitt, the last man to walk on the moon and only scientist to do so, addressing resource distribution in the solar system.  Kinda an expert there.  There’s a lot not yet entirely certain, and you want to tell me we KNOW the distribution of XE-129 must be from nuclear weapons?

Tell me another.
View Quote

Read. All that is addressed in the research.https://www.researchgate.net/publication/340952315_EVIDENCE_OF_A_MASSIVE_THERMONUCLEAR_EXPLOSIONS_ON_MARS_IN_THE_PAST_The_Cydonian_Hypothesis_and_Fermi
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 5:46:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

It’s also almost exactly on the 30 degree parallel.

And what’s really fucky is that ancient stone structures in the eastern hemisphere are almost always due north or rotated slightly counter clockwise. In the Western Hemisphere, there’s due north or slightly clockwise. If you take and draw lines where all those orientations intersect, you’ll get five “hot spots” where most of them intersect. Due North or four spots over Greenland. Take the distance between those points and they correlate with the warm periods in the ice records over the last 500,000 years.

Go one step further and measure the distance from Teotihuacan to where it’s orientation intersects over Greenland and it’s almost exactly 60 degrees, which if you humor yourself and say true north used to be over Greenland, would put that complex at the same latitude of the Giza Plateau. Also, the distance of the edges of the prehistoric glacial areas is more uniform from Greenland than from True North.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 5:49:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

And what’s really fucky is that ancient stone structures in the eastern hemisphere are almost always due north or rotated slightly counter clockwise. In the Western Hemisphere, there’s due north or slightly clockwise. If you take and draw lines where all those orientations intersect, you’ll get five “hot spots” where most of them intersect. Due North or four spots over Greenland. Take the distance between those points and they correlate with the warm periods in the ice records over the last 500,000 years.

Go one step further and measure the distance from Teotihuacan to where it’s orientation intersects over Greenland and it’s almost exactly 60 degrees, which if you humor yourself and say true north used to be over Greenland, would put that complex at the same latitude of the Giza Plateau. Also, the distance of the edges of the prehistoric glacial areas is more uniform from Greenland than from True North.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is all that true?

First I've heard of that. Astronomical alignment of ancient structures never fails to blow my mind.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 6:01:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

We didn't even know about one of the 4 currently known ancient civilizations until like 100 years ago.

View Quote

Exactly. And look at what we have discovered/been able to do in the last 50 years. 50 years is literally nothing compared to 4 billion. The amount of erosion, volcanoes, earthquakes, tsunamis, asteroid/comet impacts, etc that have occurred over the last 2 billion years would completely erase anything manmade.

There have been things found in mines that are clearly not natural that date to millions of years old.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 6:03:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Is all that true?

First I've heard of that. Astronomical alignment of ancient structures never fails to blow my mind.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is all that true?

Yes. Blew my fucking mind. I became obsessed with it and built a computer with hundreds of GPU cores and severa terabytes of SSD storage to compute the entire world database to see if the data I was shown was cherry picked. It wasn’t.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 6:24:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Is that supposed to be beyond our current knowledge of stonework?
View Quote

It’s beyond the knowledge of many observers today who are neither stonemasons nor historians. Thus, aliens.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 7:10:03 PM EDT
[#13]

A scientific social network.  Self-published papers.  Dude...do you even science?  Writing something and self-publishing it isn’t peer-reviewed journal.  I demand the latter.  And, again, there is a lot we don’t know.  Insisting high levels of XE-129 could only be from a nuclear war is tin foil hat BS.  It exists naturally, ergo there could be other explanations.  Show evidence of things that aren’t present naturally and I will believe you.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 9:49:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The Giza Plateau sits on bedrock and the water damage on the Sphinx is indicative that it has been around AT LEAST since the region was a wet semi-tropical climate. There's no doubt the head was re-carved at least once and it was most likely a lion overall.

View Quote

Lol.  You know the nile flooded, right?  And it's limestone?

Anyone telling you they can date it on erosion is a liar.

Khafre had it carved.  Prove me wrong.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 9:53:27 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

Here, let me help, lol.

Link Posted: 6/12/2020 10:01:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Giza Plateau sits on bedrock and the water damage on the Sphinx is indicative that it has been around AT LEAST since the region was a wet semi-tropical climate. There's no doubt the head was re-carved at least once and it was most likely a lion overall.

you do know there's a difference between rain erosion and flooding erosion, right?
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 10:02:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 10:20:57 PM EDT
[#18]
I’ve been drinking so I’m probably not going to articulated this very well but, I think there has been more than one past advanced civilization. Possibly way more advanced. As a poster said earlier, tectonics, etc. We have no clue what types of technologies the past inhabitants discovered. Could be way past our wildest imaginations. What kills me is we are so lucky to be here in this small blip of time, and yet we are squandering it on wars this left vs right bullshit.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 10:22:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why would the fact that native peoples around the world aligned some of their structures to the one universal direction (highlighted by the only stationary star in the northern sky) that all of them could reference be a mystery?  True North was the foundation of astronomy/astrology.  You can't identify the exact timing of the equinoxes (useful for agricultural planning) or set a useful calendar without the reference of true north from which to mark your observations.

Mike
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 10:27:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Why would the fact that native peoples around the world aligned some of their structures to the one universal direction (highlighted by the only stationary star in the northern sky) that all of them could reference be a mystery?  True North was the foundation of astronomy/astrology.  You can't identify the exact timing of the equinoxes (useful for agricultural planning) or set a useful calendar without the reference of true north from which to mark your observations.

Mike
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mike

You don't need true North for equinox planning.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 10:37:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Industrial civilization? I seriously doubt one existed prior to ours.

But one the equivalent of an advanced Iron-Age civilization, like the Roman Empire of 300AD?  I could easily believe such a thing existed 10,000-15,000 years ago when sea levels were 300ft lower, and the evidence is now under the ocean sands off the coast.  Pre-industrial people tended to inhabit coastlines and rivers where food and transportation were easier.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 10:37:42 PM EDT
[#22]
The mineral consumption of an even proto-industrial age society from the low hanging fruit in the upper crust would have been noted.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 10:39:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

you do know there's a difference between rain erosion and flooding erosion, right?
View Quote

What are the odds that the rock was already eroded greatly when the Sphynx was carved, such that much of that weathering was still evident the day it was finished?  Such weathered features might have been filled with plaster or other material at the time that did not survive until the present.

Mike
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 10:41:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

What are the odds that the rock was already eroded greatly when the Sphynx was carved, such that much of that weathering was still evident the day it was finished?  Such weathered features might have been filled with plaster or other material at the time that did not survive until the present.

Mike
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mike

Zero.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 10:43:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

How do you get a distance associated with time periods?  That isn't science - it barely qualifies as quackery.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 10:44:43 PM EDT
[#26]
The Clacton Spear is 450,000 years old and is nothing more than a fire hardened piece of wood that survived because of random events.

If there was some ancient industrial civilization, there is a close to 100% chance artifacts would have survived for us to find. Whether we ever find them is another matter.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 11:00:11 PM EDT
[#27]
If it hasn't been covered.

Younger Dryas Boundary Impact Hypothesis. Sea level is 400 feet on average than it was 13500 years ago. There was a society there HOW advanced???  I figure about late 1860's level of tech Maybe. At the earliest maybe 1810-1830's level of tech.  No planes no cars. Steam engines MAYBE.

Atlantis really did exist I think. Follow Plato's writings on it and the Azores are the only logical conclusion.
Randal Carlson's work on YDBIH and Atlantis makes me think YEAH he's right along with others.

Link Posted: 6/12/2020 11:07:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
10 mm sockets
View Quote

OK. That was good.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 11:12:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

How do we date a stone carving?
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 12:09:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Industrial civilization? I seriously doubt one existed prior to ours.

But one the equivalent of an advanced Iron-Age civilization, like the Roman Empire of 300AD?  I could easily believe such a thing existed 10,000-15,000 years ago when sea levels were 300ft lower, and the evidence is now under the ocean sands off the coast.  Pre-industrial people tended to inhabit coastlines and rivers where food and transportation were easier.
View Quote

Doggerland kind of thing.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 12:28:19 AM EDT
[#31]
The scalloped stone carvings seem to me to be rough finishing cuts on stone intended for something important.  There's no lip raised like ice cream, there's intersecting zones of stone on stone abrasion.  The unfinished obelisk quarry in Aswan is what I posted pics of.  I took those pics.  That stone was worked all throughout that city, it's all one big quarry.

There's only "liquefied rock" bullshit if you want there to be.

Shadow being your humble narrator:

Link Posted: 6/13/2020 12:34:30 AM EDT
[#32]
The wonders of truly ancient civilization are incredible enough without aliens and bullshit.  Go see them, then come talk to me.  
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 12:44:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

How do you get a distance associated with time periods?  That isn't science - it barely qualifies as quackery.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, forget the ice periods for a bit and explain why ancient structures that are all over the world and not oriented due north would have orientations that point somewhere else with consistency?

And, unrelated, what’s in the bag?

Link Posted: 6/13/2020 12:51:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

So, forget the ice periods for a bit and explain why ancient structures that are all over the world and not oriented due north would have orientations that point somewhere else with consistency?

And, unrelated, what's in the bag?

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/59/cb/b0/59cbb009e5c3420eee76febe61e21529.png

View Quote

Chamber pot ?
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 1:02:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The wonders of truly ancient civilization are incredible enough without aliens and bullshit.  Go see them, then come talk to me.  
View Quote

Haven’t been to as many places as you, but what I saw in Europe and Asia while traveling a few times, and at museums in the US, was fantastic.  Roman ruins, ancient burial mounds, relics and carvings.  People have been around an insanely long time, and we always leave detritus behind.  At the very least broken crockery and poop, always a popular choice.  Plus we’re far cleverer (and crueler) than we give ourselves credit for or like to admit - we’ve done a lot with very rudimentary tools (and slave labor from time to time, though artisans too), and left things that survive the millennia.  Moved stones over vast distances and baffled ourselves as to how (generally realizing at some point we don’t give ourselves enough credit, or realize how cruel we can be to each other if we have an end in mind, or both).  Then decide aliens must’ve done it because who would be crazy enough to move stones vast distances to put up in a giant circle, or to carve into big heads or ceremonial money?  That’s right, us.

I’m not a humanist by any stretch of the imagination but we seem at turns to overestimate our abilities (“if we just tried socialism hard enough we could make a world run by good vibes, rainbows, and unicorn farts!”), or underestimate how damned hard we’ll work at things (I can argue ancient structures, but for something no one can argue look at cathedrals.  They could take generations to finish.  Very poor people would willingly contribute and work on things they knew they’d never see the end of.  With tools people today wouldn’t even buy, or use if they were given for free, unless they were one of those SCA types.  And that would then last.  And last.  And last.).
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 1:11:26 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

You do realize humanity comes from a common origin point (per our latest scientific knowledge) and likely brought their religions with them as they moved on, right?  Makes such stuff (and shared religious themes) unsurprising.  As does a shared obsession with seasons and stars around the world.

Again, we don’t always really think about how long civilization of some sort has been around.  Not industrialized, but ritualized burials, indicating likely religious practice.  That stuff sticks with people.  And did.  Aliens make for nice History Channel specials.  That people hand stories and ideas down the generations is far more boring, but also more sensible.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 1:46:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Haven’t been to as many places as you, but what I saw in Europe and Asia while traveling a few times, and at museums in the US, was fantastic.  Roman ruins, ancient burial mounds, relics and carvings.  People have been around an insanely long time, and we always leave detritus behind.  At the very least broken crockery and poop, always a popular choice.  Plus we’re far cleverer (and crueler) than we give ourselves credit for or like to admit - we’ve done a lot with very rudimentary tools (and slave labor from time to time, though artisans too), and left things that survive the millennia.  Moved stones over vast distances and baffled ourselves as to how (generally realizing at some point we don’t give ourselves enough credit, or realize how cruel we can be to each other if we have an end in mind, or both).  Then decide aliens must’ve done it because who would be crazy enough to move stones vast distances to put up in a giant circle, or to carve into big heads or ceremonial money?  That’s right, us.

I’m not a humanist by any stretch of the imagination but we seem at turns to overestimate our abilities (“if we just tried socialism hard enough we could make a world run by good vibes, rainbows, and unicorn farts!”), or underestimate how damned hard we’ll work at things (I can argue ancient structures, but for something no one can argue look at cathedrals.  They could take generations to finish.  Very poor people would willingly contribute and work on things they knew they’d never see the end of.  With tools people today wouldn’t even buy, or use if they were given for free, unless they were one of those SCA types.  And that would then last.  And last.  And last.).
View Quote

There's a rock between the paws of the Great Sphinx, it's the Dream Stele.

The shitty wikipedia text gives the general idea:
""Now the statue of the very great Khepri [the Great Sphinx] rested in this place, great of fame, sacred of respect, the shade of Ra resting on him. Memphis and every city on its two sides came to him, their arms in adoration to his face, bearing great offerings for his Ka. One of these days it happened that prince Thutmose came travelling at the time of midday. He rested in the shadow of this great god. [Sleep and] dream [took possession of him] at the moment the sun was at zenith. Then he found the majesty of this noble god speaking from his own mouth like a father speaks to his son, and saying: "Look at me, observe me, my son Thutmose. I am your father Horemakhet-Khepri-Ra-Atum. I shall give to you the kingship [upon the land before the living]....[Behold, my condition is like one in illness], all [my limbs being ruined]. The sand of the desert, upon which I used to be, (now) confronts me; and it is in order to cause that you do what is in my heart that I have waited."

1401BC.  

But it's talking about the Sphinx being in a bit of decrepitude.  It's buried in the desert's sands.  It's limbs are broken.  It's a thousand fucking years old by that point.  Egypt has been through not one but two of its "intermediate periods" where shit's all gone to hell.  He digs that fucker out, probably repaints it, maybe plaster, maybe carving, and it makes him Pharaoh.  Yay Thutmose III.

We've got his head!

...and a portrait from less dead times:

Point being, "ancient egypt" went long enough and included enough periods of dark chaos that making claims about the age of the Sphinx based on its condition is probably silly.  Contextually, it fits in with Khafre's staggeringly incredible old kingdom monstrosity of a pyramid complex.  He perhaps did this to draw attention from his grandfather (?)  Khufu's truly epic example of the art which had been perfected by Sneferu a short time before.  All that crap got worked over by desert and floods and looters and the collapse of society a few times.  
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 2:06:42 AM EDT
[#38]
I really have no clue, education on it but I am going to shit post anyhow.

The earth is 4.543 billion years old.
The Mesozoic era was between 66 and 245 million years ago.

It takes glass 1 million years to decompose.

So what I would call less than a brief fart in the time of the earth that we have been here, we have a hard time finding evidence of some civilizations.

Look whats left of the roman civilization. In 2 million years, there will more than likely be 0 left if its even remembered.

So, if there was some sort of civilization 500 million, 1 billion years ago then there might be no clue.

or

The earth was filled with nazi's and lizard people 1 billion years ago and they now live in the core. I don't fucking know and we will probably never know in our life times.

Link Posted: 6/13/2020 2:49:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
radioactive isotopes
alloys
ceramics
organics (plastics)

All of those would have been found in a mine by now.
View Quote

Yep, and if "they" went to the industrial level, "they" would have also gone global, just as our ancestors did.  Going to the level of European development would not even be necessary.  Hell, look how far the ancestors of the Polynesians went with navigation with only naturally occurring materials, sharp minds and pure resolve. BTW, that shit has fascinated me more than my white ancestors on tall ships. Their maps, sextants and compasses were in the head of some old geezer on deck.

These million year old industrialists would have had to have been a branch off our ancestral tree. Seems to me the calamitous end that killed them off would have also taken out our lineage, too.

If the theory goes in to some cross pollination of tech from some visiting alien race, I call BS on that avenue. We dream of benevolent Vulcans making first contact, to nurture our survival. If travel between point A and point B is actually throttled by Einstein's theories, our planet's inhabitants will have been spawned, lived their  course and died without any detection from any other possible intelligent life in just our galaxy. We are very small and brief in intergalactic scale of things. Like the single flash of a single lightning bug in a very, very large swamp. There are likely a species of Vulcans on some planet, out in interstellar space, if you work out the mathematics, but they are also a single flash, stuck in their part of the swamp like we are. There needs to be a new word for space. One that more adequately conveys just how freaking large, sparse, hostile and scattered it is.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 2:50:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

There's a rock between the paws of the Great Sphinx, it's the Dream Stele.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d9/Great_Sphinx_with_Stelae.jpg/1024px-Great_Sphinx_with_Stelae.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/e8/e4/9b/e8e49bc9143caa9ebbb7479aece3aa0c.jpg

The shitty wikipedia text gives the general idea:
""Now the statue of the very great Khepri [the Great Sphinx] rested in this place, great of fame, sacred of respect, the shade of Ra resting on him. Memphis and every city on its two sides came to him, their arms in adoration to his face, bearing great offerings for his Ka. One of these days it happened that prince Thutmose came travelling at the time of midday. He rested in the shadow of this great god. [Sleep and] dream [took possession of him] at the moment the sun was at zenith. Then he found the majesty of this noble god speaking from his own mouth like a father speaks to his son, and saying: "Look at me, observe me, my son Thutmose. I am your father Horemakhet-Khepri-Ra-Atum. I shall give to you the kingship [upon the land before the living]....[Behold, my condition is like one in illness], all [my limbs being ruined]. The sand of the desert, upon which I used to be, (now) confronts me; and it is in order to cause that you do what is in my heart that I have waited."

1401BC.  

But it's talking about the Sphinx being in a bit of decrepitude.  It's buried in the desert's sands.  It's limbs are broken.  It's a thousand fucking years old by that point.  Egypt has been through not one but two of its "intermediate periods" where shit's all gone to hell.  He digs that fucker out, probably repaints it, maybe plaster, maybe carving, and it makes him Pharaoh.  Yay Thutmose III.

We've got his head!

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ee/Thutmose_III_Head.jpg

...and a portrait from less dead times:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/57/Thutmosis_III_wien_front.jpg

Point being, "ancient egypt" went long enough and included enough periods of dark chaos that making claims about the age of the Sphinx based on its condition is probably silly.  Contextually, it fits in with Khafre's staggeringly incredible old kingdom monstrosity of a pyramid complex.  He perhaps did this to draw attention from his grandfather (?)  Khufu's truly epic example of the art which had been perfected by Sneferu a short time before.  All that crap got worked over by desert and floods and looters and the collapse of society a few times.  
View Quote

. Cool!  Hadn’t studied it in detail, but it’s cool to find out more.  And the amount of renovation, forgetting, and rediscovery in history is hard to fathom.  Hence. “Aliens!”
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 2:58:00 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

We think we know everything, but that's our own ego.
View Quote

One trait that got us to this point of development is ego. I give that to us humans. If it would have been absent, our ancestors would have just jumped from the shelter of our trees and let the lions chow down. Saw a video of some Maasai tribesmen, three of them, armed only with spears, bulldog a pride of lions off a kill and take some meat. It was totally badass and beautiful. Wish I had balls that big.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 3:00:16 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
There needs to be a new word for space. One that more adequately conveys just how freaking large, sparse, hostile and scattered it is.
View Quote

Probably should be.  “Space” sounds like a room or something.  Trying to convey that just getting to the moon involves massive feats, and going to another planet in our own solar system involves risking solar storms, micrometeorites, and sterilizing radiation, not to mention a complete lack of atmosphere and extremes of temperature...yeah, need something that sounds more like the ancient view of the sea than just “space”.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 4:12:50 AM EDT
[#43]
atlantis is real?

i want to believe.

Link Posted: 6/13/2020 6:34:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A bottle of cheap wine and a full tank of gas.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 7:35:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

They looked kinda like 6ft pineapples with tentacles and wings.

We were genetically engineered by them for food and labor.

Their headquarters were in the mountains of Antarctica.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well first we'd have to figure out which species would be capable of such a civilization as millions of years ago is outside the range of homo sapiens.

They looked kinda like 6ft pineapples with tentacles and wings.

We were genetically engineered by them for food and labor.

Their headquarters were in the mountains of Antarctica.

That's Madness.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 7:50:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Yes it would. For an industry you need roads and solid foundations to mount your "industry" upon. You need huge infrastructure. think railroads and ports, to feed your "industry". These huge man made structures would be obvious in a geologic record. Unless they were under the ocean.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 9:00:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Yes it would. For an industry you need roads and solid foundations to mount your "industry" upon. You need huge infrastructure. think railroads and ports, to feed your "industry". These huge man made structures would be obvious in a geologic record. Unless they were under the ocean.
View Quote

We are in an incredibly calm geological period, but we’ve seen what a hurricane, tornado or tsunami can do, and we only have videos of the last, maybe 60 years and we would rebuild afterwards. Now, make it so humans are not in an area for not just 1,000, but 50,000 years, and tell me how much would be left.

Link Posted: 6/13/2020 9:15:28 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The presence of large amounts of xenon 129 in Mars atmosphere indicates a planet killing nuclear war in the very distant past. Seriously.
View Quote

except that xenon 129 is a natural decay product of iodine 129. Another natural isotope.

"131mXe, 133Xe, 133mXe, and 135Xe are some of the fission products of both 235U and 239Pu, so are used as indicators of nuclear explosions."  wiki quote
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 11:55:30 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Proof from antiquity that the Dikfer is real.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 12:13:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
There's a lot we don't know about pre-history.

Up until a few years ago, the ancient Finnish Empire was considered a myth, but these days we know better.

https://i.imgur.com/bFPbqsr.jpg
View Quote

Oreally?      .  Interesting, if true.  
Gonna have to read up on that.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top