Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2024 3:50:54 PM EDT
Hey fellas this might be the wrong section but hoping someone might be of help. Trying to figure out the kids Xbox.

My kid has a Xbox 1 x and is having trouble with two ea games madden 24 and nba 2k24. He has had madden for a while and it has worked fine, just got the nba game and downloaded it. Now neither game will work.  When you select the game from the main menu it shows up with the splash screen(? Start up screen) then goes black and shows no signal message. You have to power the Xbox off and back on to get it to start over.

We deleted and reloaded the games.
Checked the hdmi cable
Reset the console and reloaded it with saved games.
Unplugged it, plugged it in held the power and eject button down to reset the screen settings
Everything shows up to date, all the system checks are green.
Plenty of hard drive space and other games like Fortnite and cod still work fine.

It doesn’t show any error codes and Google doesn’t show any issues with servers or anything. Tried everything I can find via Reddit, YouTube Google ect.

I’m not a gamer and have little knowledge or care about it but trying to help my frustrated kid.
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 3:58:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Try a different TV.  Could be a Dolby Vision issue, disable it if you have it enabled (on a DV TV).  

Could be the HDMI cable itself (you checked the cable, did you try another?)

Could be the system overheating.

Could be the system failing.

Could be a lot of things.  But those are the main reasons the HDMI handshake wouldn't be happening.
Link Posted: 9/22/2024 4:16:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I have not tried a different cable yet. I assumed it was ok because of working on different games but will give it a try.

I also remember checking something with the Dolby version but can’t remember exactly what. I’ll have to check later. I remember when it tried to reset the  resolution it wouldn’t accept the 4K because of something with Dolby.
Link Posted: 9/23/2024 12:21:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Well seems we over complicated it. It ended up being a bad hdmi cable. I still don’t completely understand why it works for games like cod and fortnight  but crashes for madden. Also seems odd it just went bad without being messed with, but glad to have it resolved. I’m really starting to feel old messing with my kids Xbox issues.
Link Posted: 9/23/2024 1:36:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bimmertech87:
Well seems we over complicated it. It ended up being a bad hdmi cable. I still don’t completely understand why it works for games like cod and fortnight  but crashes for madden. Also seems odd it just went bad without being messed with, but glad to have it resolved. I’m really starting to feel old messing with my kids Xbox issues.
View Quote

Different games cause the game to use different signals in the cable.  Games like Fortnite don't push the system so much that the HDMI cable needs the total signal.

Only guess I have.

Glad you found the issue
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top