Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2024 9:40:54 AM EDT
The more I read these threads, the less I know about which one I need.  What would be your choice for a budget camera?  I am looking for something that can be hardwired and unobtrusive in the future, but can be temporarily and easily moved between vehicles in the mean time.  I guess budget would mean below $150.
Thanks
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 10:21:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Viofo A119 is what I have and what a lot of people will recommend.
Hardware, software, and chips are much more current version.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 10:31:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a cheap ( Rove 4k  ) one that has been rock solid in two cars since Feb 2023.

How the video looks:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/18/2024 11:16:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I've had good luck with the Rove.

Parking mode won't run indefinitely; usually shuts off after 12 hours or so for me. Daily driving, no problem. Let the car sit a bit, it's dead. Also doesn't seem to like extreme heat; will shut off in parking mode if too hot.

Interface is a little clunky, but for what you pay, it's actually pretty decent.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 3:19:08 PM EDT
[#4]
When you say hardwired do you mean the power supply?
Mine is on a fuse box tap and ran the wire behind the windshield trim but it still unplugs.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 3:27:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I mean not plugged in through the cigarette lighter/ USB plug.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 3:50:13 PM EDT
[#6]
The USB source is just 12vdc so you could hardwire almost any of them if desired. I did my co-workers that was and hid the wire and just tied into one of his fuses.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 8:44:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 5:16:16 PM EDT
[#8]
What make/model are your vehicles?  Powered mirrors would make it easier to hardwire.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top