Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2023 2:22:21 PM EDT
You guys are driving and stop at a rundown gas station .

Would you listen to guy and follow his directions or stay on the main road ?

The Sighting Official Trailer 1 (2016) - Horror Movie HD
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 2:26:23 PM EDT
[#1]
YOU

SHOULD

HAVE

BOUGHT

A

SQUIRREL
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 2:51:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Ah wouldn’t gah dahn that rudd….
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 3:01:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Around here?  You better know what the fuck you're doing, the desert is quite unforgiving.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 3:02:13 PM EDT
[#4]
The hills have eyes.

And thighs…
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 3:13:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, let's follow the advice from this dude that's straight out of our worst Deliverance nightmare...
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 3:15:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Are they looking for Aintry?
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 3:15:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Man I don't even listen to shortcuts from good friends. And I quote from the last time one sent me down a supposedly faster route: "Oh yeah I guess that bridge was taken out ten years ago".
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 3:16:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Can I hear banjo music?
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 3:17:16 PM EDT
[#9]
This time of year in rural upper Midwest? Listen to the local. They are more likely to keep you on the main road than GPS.

This time of year spring thaw and rain turn a lot of farm roads to mush. It isn't uncommon for a city driver to get stuck on a road they never should have gone down. Usual reason is GPS  took them that way.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 3:17:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Such things are largely obsolete in the era of gps guidance systems.

Largely obsolete, I wound up going down the wrong country road in New Mexico a week or so ago. My guidance system had no idea where we were. Fortunately I knew which way to go.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 3:29:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 3:34:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Sure, what could go wrong?

Link Posted: 5/3/2023 3:38:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 4:06:10 PM EDT
[#14]
LoL.  I trust the locals more than the GPS sometimes.

I had one of the early gen Garmin units.  I was in hillbilly land somewhere in SW Georgia.  I was trying to make my way to the highway to head back home.  The Garmin was telling me to turn on to some gravel road.  Then onto another gravel road.  Then onto some dirt road.  I was starting to hear banjos.  Then onto another dirt road.  Next turn was onto the highway.  I was deep into nothing but woods, and an occasional single wide trailer.  I get to the end of the road.  Dead end.  I could see the highway through a line of trees.  But no way to get there.  Fuck.  The Garmin didn't want to give me directions to back track.  I spent 4 hours before I got back on a paved road.  The joys of technology.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 4:07:45 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't trust anyone, obviously I'd have just stayed on the main road.

Link Posted: 5/3/2023 4:08:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Wrong Turn.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 4:13:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
YOU

SHOULD

HAVE

BOUGHT

A

SQUIRREL
View Quote
This was my first thought too.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 4:22:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Around here?  You better know what the fuck you're doing, the desert is quite unforgiving.
View Quote

I was at Maverick gas and was about to leave , but knew the interstate was blocked due to a bad accident.  
   Lot of people there and waiting.  I saw as much and asked a couple next to me if they were waiting for the road to clear .  

They were and I told them I lived on the other side of the wreck and I was going the back way around  and they could follow if they liked.

They couldn't believe why someone would bother to mention it or help.  

Hey just me man. I see your stuck,  Utah plate and sitting in your car and I saw the wreck on the way in , it's going to be awhile.  
       I doubt that road ever saw so much traffic.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 4:28:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Seen the Various "The Hills have Eyes"...

No Thanks!

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 4:33:49 PM EDT
[#20]
with yankee tags on your car I wouldn't ask to many locals around here for directions  
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 4:35:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 4:37:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Is he giving me directions based on roads and permament landmarks or is he telling me things only a local would know?

"Go 5 miles down the road and take a left where Fred's barn used to be, take a right where Steve's boy shot that big buck 20 years ago..."

My father in law is good at directions like that. Or, "Meet me at Jake's farm."

All I can say is Who the fuck is Jake?
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 4:39:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I was at Maverick gas and was about to leave , but knew the interstate was blocked due to a bad accident.  
   Lot of people there and waiting.  I saw as much and asked a couple next to me if they were waiting for the road to clear .  

They were and I told them I lived on the other side of the wreck and I was going the back way around  and they could follow if they liked.

Hey just me man. I see your stuck,  Utah plate and sitting in your car and I saw the wreck on the way in , it's going to be awhile.  
View Quote

Anybody ever find those bodies?
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 4:43:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
You guys are driving and stop at a rundown gas station .

Would you listen to guy and follow his directions or stay on the main road ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyJVkCxeT2U
View Quote

Considering I go on roads WAAAAY worse than that, of course. Usually well armed and dont drive like an idiot. Hell, I might find a side road that is nothing but ruts and rocks and take that in my daily driver
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 4:45:35 PM EDT
[#25]
If you are getting road head, dont you want to drive the long way?
South Park™ - You Don't Wanna Go Down that Road...
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 4:46:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 4:47:45 PM EDT
[#27]
IIRC, the Donner Party was doing OK until a they made a similar decision.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 4:47:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Old Farmer | South Park: The Fractured But Whole
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 4:49:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
YOU

SHOULD

HAVE

BOUGHT

A

SQUIRREL
View Quote

First thing I thought of
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 4:50:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The hills have eyes.

And thighs…
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/3/2023 4:53:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Vacation - Rat on Shoulder Scene
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 5:00:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

One they found buried a few miles from me . The wife and boyfriend put him in a shallow grave according to a landowner .  

Some old guy traveling ,car left at a turnout is still missing far as I know.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 5:12:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And how did you end up with so many new cars?
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 7:15:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Buttfuck rhymes with shortcut
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 7:20:51 PM EDT
[#35]
The River don’t go that way boy.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 7:34:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

One they found buried a few miles from me . The wife and boyfriend put him in a shallow grave according to a landowner .  

View Quote

Patrick Carnes went missing in 2011.  Car was found at exit 205, Pumpernickel Valley.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 7:39:59 PM EDT
[#37]

Sometimes dead is bettah!
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 7:43:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Patrick Carnes went missing in 2011.  Car was found at exit 205, Pumpernickel Valley.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was in the post office when he first went missing.  

I used to ride around that area with my stepson looking around for a yellow windbreaker.    

Haven't heard that name for awhile.  

The one found was Tom something I think Patrick  
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 7:59:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Fire call, brush fire rural New Mexico behind a small house, ran two pumpers. We pull into the driveway, she points to a two track and says “Use this driveway” so the drivers start down it. Put out the fire, breaking down the supply lines when we get another call. Quickly get the trucks turned around, get almost to the road when the front truck quits, electrical system goes dead. We call dispatch, meanwhile little old lady comes out, sees us and our officer in charge quickly tells her we’re leaving the one dead truck and responding to another call. Our officer points to a flat area next to the two track and asks can we drive on that.

She said “sure, it’s ok” so we start around the dead truck. As we are just past it and getting back on the two track suddenly the back end of the truck drops to the axle. We’re stuck to the axle in what appears to be a crushed drain pipe. She then said “Oh, I forgot, my late husband built that drain field years ago and it’s been crumbling for twenty years, he always told me not to go off the driveway here!”
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 9:09:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Ex wife and I were on our Honeymoon this time of year 2017 in SE Kentucky and tried going from Hyden to Cumberland according to a Rand Mcnally Atlas I had. Well we drove forever on twisty curvy mountain roads and asked a woman who was out at her mailbox for directions and she told us we were in Cutshin, Ky and got us goin in the right direction. Then farther along we asked another woman we saw outside who told us she was a school bus driver and there was 4 ways we could go. She got us closer and as we were parked along the road looking at the Atlas an older dude in an old pick up truck drove up and gave us directions that got us to Cumberland. We were driving a 4 runner with NY plates on it but every one of those folks were so pleasent and helpful to us. We saw us some beautiful scenery but took us like 3 hours to go 20 miles as the crow flys!! At the time I was aggitated and boiling mad but looking back at it now it's comical as hell. If anyone is familiar with that area , they'll know we were well off the beaten path for sure!!
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 9:19:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top