Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 9:26:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I once was acquainted with 'creative type', who had plans on building a hybrid bicycle.

The only thing he created was his product line logo - A lion biting off the top of a kid's head.

---

Another f-nut I knew was snatched up on a mental health hold.  He spent a number of days in a state mental hospital.  Upon release he tried to setup sensory deprivation tank spa.

He gave up and quit taking head meds.  He did stupidity and a judge gave him 12-15 years to think about it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 9:31:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Every time my dad had a business idea, he started cutting corners to make more money until it fell apart.

He started hauling cars in an enclosed trailer. When he bought the trailer he noticed the price difference between the two was the weight the axle was rated for, but the axle also came with a warranty, so he got the cheaper one. After a string of issues on the road, and multiple new axles, he still thought he made the right decision. The company finally told him they were upgrading him to the axle he obviously needed, but he had to sign a waiver that there was no more warranty work.

He flipped a house once, but realized he didn’t have the patience for tile work, so he found some astroturf for really cheap and decided that was a great way to finish the kitchen floor. After months of not selling, he asked a realtor what they thought the problem was. They said I would start with the AstroTurf in the kitchen.

He actually ran several successful businesses over the years, there was just always a string of bullshit to keep up with so he could save $5. He’s a huge part of why I embraced buy once, cry once, and I always try to take the time to do things right the first time. Penny wise dollar foolish is no way to go through life.
View Quote

Astro Turf in the kitchen?

That’s so hilarious I swear Kramer came up with it on a Seinfeld episode.

My dad would waste 3 gallons of gas to try & save $0.04 on toilet paper & stuff like that…an entire day & 1/4 tank of gas—even when it was under $1/gal was absurd!
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 9:33:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I knew a kid in high school that decided one day he was going to be a robber.  So, he finds an old man walking down the street and thinks, I'll just bop him on the head with this rubber mallet and he will go unconscious and I will rob him.  The kid hits the old man and the old man turns around and grabs him and drags him to his dads house.  His dad gave him an ultimatum to either go to jail or go in the army.  So the kid ended up in the army.  I'm not sure if he ended up in Vietnam or not because we never saw him again.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 9:36:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Lol came here to post this
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 9:38:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 9:47:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Our business cards are metal. Heavy as hell compared to a regular card.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well he is right. A steel credit card would be really cool.

Amex centurion and platinum and Chase sapphire reserve are metal.

They have a nice feel to them.

The Amexes are heavy chonks.

Probably a few others.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 9:53:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

LOL I promise you that doesn’t work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My credit card is aluminum, steel sounds like overkill.

You can apparently, though, cut out the chip and do whatever with it, this guy made a ring. I guess your bud could fashion it in to / on to a steel blank. It wouldn't fly with a chip reader only machine, but should work contactless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtOpHZwqx0I

LOL I promise you that doesn’t work.

Nice. I could not care less, either way. Leave that guy a comment.

I assume you have the evidence..
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 9:55:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Uhhhhhh, two words:  Toasted Marshmallow Rinds.

Whoever can figure out how to fire smoke marshmallows, remove the toasted skin, and package it so it stays fresh and crunchy, will challenge musk for worlds richest man.
View Quote

Almost as bad as a highschool classmate's get rich quick scheme: Bananna Flavored Pop.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 10:03:24 PM EDT
[#9]
My wife is constantly coming up with ideas for things. Some of them are great ideas. If you had maybe $20 million for prototyping, patent attorneys, setup, distribution........................

Oh yeah, and you'd also need national/international marketing and logistics.

She also rewrites movies in her head to make them "better".  And then explains them to me in great detail.

All of this would be awesome if I were already really rich with a lifetime's worth of contacts and the knowledge to thrive in that world. None of which are the case.

I adore her, but she is a bit odd. Maybe that's why I adore her.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 10:05:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Probably a few others.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably a few others.

I have the Platinum and my wife has the Delta Skymiles Reserve (which is purple but has Platinum amenities) and sometimes I drop them on the table because they make a cool sound.

They say small things amuse small minds. They may have a point.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 10:57:26 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a pretty good plan to race goats. I would pick up an old dog or horse racing facility cheaply and refurbish it. There would be a petting zoo for the kids while the parents are betting and watching the races. Sell hot dogs for five bucks a pop. Excitement and fun for the entire family.

Goats are fast!
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 10:58:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Still looking for the first investor.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 1:25:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

He found those for sale online as well. Asked if I could 3D print a chip onto it to make it a credit card.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He found those for sale online as well. Asked if I could 3D print a chip onto it to make it a credit card.

A really good answer is "It's possible, but I can't afford the machine that does it".

That's how I got out of making a perpetual motion machine for someone.

Quoted:
I have a friend like that.  His ideas always violate the laws of thermodynamics or involve wildly optimistic efficiency.  Things like solar powered cars, charging their own battery by using the motor to run a generator, that kind of crap.

I am an engineer, and so is another friend, so we generally talk him out of the most dangerous ideas, and just nod our heads and say "is that so?  how interesting, that's nice, etc..." when his ideas are impossible but unlikely to kill anyone.

Do we know the same guy?
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 7:37:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Whenever people confirm to me that they are "those kind of people" (poor idiots who can't ever seem to catch a break...because they are idiots who make poor decisions), I just cut them loose. Not my fucking problem.

I'll bet he has all the money he wants for smokes and booze, when he wants it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah, I just had the misfortune of hiring him to come help with a big job I'm trying to get finished up. I think his day to day life is a hairbrained idea that doesn't logically connect. He called out of his part time job because he was having truck problems so he decided to drive his truck even farther to get to my place for the few hundred dollars I owed him. Suprise the wheel seized on his F250 and he had it towed to my shop so now I'm trying to get a huge job out while I'm also helping him. While attempting to "fix" things before the tow he lost one of the caliper bolts on the side of the road so he ended up having to borrow our delivery truck to get home and start the next day. Almost forgot, I actually had to give him more money to get the parts, his bearings failed, and he was telling me that he is going to drive several hundred miles to visit his parents since it was a holiday weekend in the F250 that gets about 15mpg diesel, but they get paid tomorrow so they have money I guess?

It's actually a lot worse than that I just don't feel like typing it all out.

Whenever people confirm to me that they are "those kind of people" (poor idiots who can't ever seem to catch a break...because they are idiots who make poor decisions), I just cut them loose. Not my fucking problem.

I'll bet he has all the money he wants for smokes and booze, when he wants it.

Lol, part of what I didn't post in the long ass story is that I know him from a cigar lounge and he had been sober for 30 years. He got kidney cancer about two years ago then retired early from a great job and cashed out then spent all of the money. The cancer was removed but now has a streak of nihilism on top of everything else and has begun drinking again. He also gave me a few cigars during all of this lol.

ETA: I've pretty well decided to keep him at arm's length after all of this.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 7:41:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Late 30's. But you'd think he was twice that, based on all the "FW: FW: FW: This carburetor makes any car get 90 MPG but the government assassinated the inventor" or "FW: FW: FW: FW: 10 things you can do to legally not pay taxes" nonsense he's always telling me about.
View Quote

Hey, that taxes one is real
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 7:43:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Late 30's. But you'd think he was twice that, based on all the "FW: FW: FW: This carburetor makes any car get 90 MPG but the government assassinated the inventor" or "FW: FW: FW: FW: 10 things you can do to legally not pay taxes" nonsense he's always telling me about.
View Quote
I had one of those FW: FW: FW: friends.
Nice guy, but I told him on multiple occasions to quit forwarding me every damn conspiracy theory and crackpot e-mail he gets set. He refused to quit so I blocked him.
Just tiring.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 7:46:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Buddy wanted to start making and selling moonshine after talking to a guy who makes good money at it .

Wanted to make the shine in his garage ....

We're talking ALOT of it .

His adhd took over and he got onto his next hairbrained idea shortly .

Link Posted: 9/1/2023 7:47:04 AM EDT
[#18]
No, but my kids on the other hand .
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 8:09:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Guy owned a steel fab shop with about 75 guys in the shop. They didn't have covered storage area large enough to handle all the steel they had going through the shop. Normally doesn't matter as you grind to weld and when done it goes to galvanzing where it is dripped in acid before zinc. But he came up with the idea of using scan tron stickers to track the steel before and during frabrication and it wouldn't stick. So he came up with the idea of a giant wheelabrator to run each beam up to 40' through before going to the shop. Cost a lot of money, took a shitload of materials as it ran, and it didn't work all that well. After a month it sat there and rusted away.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 8:49:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Amex black card is metal.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 8:59:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
That was me.  I wanted to start a chain of nudie bars and name them “The Freak Show”.

Midgets, dwarfs, amputees, the obese, anorexics, grandmas,  pregnant chicks, naked clowns, hairy chicks for ‘70’s night … “A Fetish for Everyone” was my slogan.

Barely legal night where the tonight’s dancer was 18 years old for less than 48 hours.  Mexican and Asian nights complete with Mexican and Chinese food buffets.  

I’m talking chicks dressed up in saddle shoes and plaid skirts wearing pig tails.

For birthday parties I’ll handcuff your buddy naked to the floor.  You pour chocolate on him.  When I ring the bell five or six midgets come rushing out, nibbling and licking the chocolate off him as he screams in ecstasy.

It would have been glorious!

ETA I’m still looking for investors thirty years later.  Who’s in?

View Quote

Jesus; for a second there I thought staff let TRG come back.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 9:05:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Old high school friend of mine is quite technologically illiterate and always has the craziest ideas. He bounces a lot of ideas off me because I have lots of software design experience, 3D printers, some electronics design knowledge, etc. But most of his ideas just aren't even possible and he lacks the basic computing/electronics knowledge to understand why.

Today, he called me about making a copy of his credit card. He wants to get rid of his plastic one, and have a sheet steel one because "that would be really cool". He claims he found metal credit card blanks for sale online, and just needs me to program the chip and RFID to match his current card. Here I am as an IT professional trying to explain that "No, you can't just break into the mini-HSM on your card and copy the private key to another device. Any HSM that isn't Chinese counterfeit junk is certified to have non-exportable private keys, and I'm 100% certain that includes chipped credit cards."

Of course, there is no way for me to dumb down the topics of public key cryptography, RSA, code signing operations, and hardware security modules. One of my job roles is administrator of the company's HSM and code signing keys, so I know a thing or two about it even if I don't know the details on how credit cards do it. Meanwhile, my friend failed 9th grade Microsoft Office class, never got beyond Algebra I, and gets ripped off by multiple scams each year. Best I could say is "That's impossible for us to do. Might be possible for the NSA, might be possible (but probably illegal as hell) if you worked at the bank that issued the card and were willing to break all the rules. But not us." Worst part is I don't think he believes me, and he says he found some company online that will do exactly what he wants if you mail them the card and pay $200. I told him I would be shocked if that wasn't a scam, but he didn't believe me on that.

This same guy also wanted to DIY a waste oil furnace for his house, out of a rusty old burn barrel and some dryer vents. He had some basic back-of-napkin designs drawn up and was all ready to start without me. But he didn't understand my concerns about CO poisoning. Or the fact that I don't know the first thing about HVAC and I'm certain there are all kinds of permits/certifications required in order for his home owner's insurance to not drop him in a heartbeat when they find out about this. Or my fire concerns because his house looks like something from the TV show Hoarders, completely full of 3-foot high piles of junk that have 12" footpaths cutting through and he thinks it's a good idea to put a damned burn barrel in the middle of all that. I wasn't able to talk him out of this idea, but at least it ended up on his huge list of projects he never got around to (yet).

He's one of my best friends, but I cringe anytime he calls me up and says "Hey, I have an idea and I need your help" because I know it's going to be something that will either kill you, burn your house down, require the full resources of NASA or the NSA, blatantly violate the laws of thermodynamics, and/or accidentally land you in prison if you survive.

Surely I can't be alone in this. You have any stories about friends with crazy harebrained schemes who call you up because they know it's at least adjacent to your area of expertise? But then they don't believe you when you give an answer they don't like and can't understand?
View Quote

All you need is some acid and an electron microsope, right?  Lol
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 9:07:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Yeah, that "duplicate your credit card info onto any other credit card" has been a thing for quite a while now.

I think the statute of limitations is up, so I'll give an example, in 1994 I had a "frequent fridays" card that actually scanned as a fleet corporate Chevron gas card. That was almost 30 years ago, I'm pretty sure the technology is still around.

Nowadays it's mostly people trying to make their EBT card look like a Black AmEx though, probably.
View Quote

Strip skimming has been around a long time.  It's very easy and I could do it in the early 2000s (but I only used it to duplicate access key cards).  Duplicating the data on a smart card chip is much more difficult.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 9:58:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I have a pretty good plan to race goats. I would pick up an old dog or horse racing facility cheaply and refurbish it. There would be a petting zoo for the kids while the parents are betting and watching the races. Sell hot dogs for five bucks a pop. Excitement and fun for the entire family.

Goats are fast!
View Quote

Gator racing ------------------ at country bars...!!!

Link Posted: 9/2/2023 7:04:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I have a friend that’s the biggest dumbass I’ve ever known. Complete lack of situational awareness.

We’re headed to a bar one night and just happen to be listening to Jack Straw on the way in. I wind up mingling for a little while, so he starts talking to a girl. They seem to be hitting it off.

I walk up to the bar to order a drink while he’s talking to her, and he’s been drinking. He puts his arm around me and starts singing ‘we can share the women, we can share the wine’. The girl gets this horrified look on her face like she thinks he’s telling me he’s setting up the devils threesome and she storms off. He never did understand why he couldn’t get laid that night.
View Quote

Was he from Wichita?
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 10:07:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Not a friend, more of an acquaintance. He wanted to be a UFC fighter. His training plan was to go around picking fights at bars. He really believed this was a great way to hone his skills. This plan did not last long.
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 3:46:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Got a new one to add to the list. I've designed something that might be patentable. No details, but it's a novel mechanism for an existing type of product that accomplishes the same thing in a much more reliable manner, and I've never seen anything out there that works like mine.

I haven't done all my research yet, but I seem to recall my employee handbook agreement thingy says that any patents I file for while employed there automatically belong to my employer, even it it was done on my own time and has nothing to do with my employer's industry. This idea has absolutely nothing to do with my employer's industry, but it is for something that would almost exclusively be used by right-wing consumers. If I were to ask too openly about it, our left-wing corporate lawyers and HR karens would start screeching at the top of their lungs. So I have to tread carefully even in doing research.

Worst case, first few of these items are for personal use and would be gifted to a few friends, and if I never do anything commercial with it, that's fine by me.

Anyway, I tell my buddy about it, and he immediately says I should patent it. I say that I might not be able to patent it because of my employee contract, but I'm not sure how that works yet. He says, "Well let's just patent it in my name and I'll give you all the money, that way your employer doesn't take it."

Me, "That's called fraud."

Him, "It's not fraud, it's just you finding a way to not follow that line in your contract and get more money for yourself."

Me, "That is basically the textbook definition of 'fraud'."

Him, "Well they're wrong to put that restriction on you, so just ignore it."

Me, "And I'd be wrong to deceptively avoid that restriction that I already signed my name to, especially if it involves them not getting a patent they are contractually obligated to."

Him, "So just don't tell them. It's not fraud, you're just finding a way to not pay them."

Me,
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 5:03:32 PM EDT
[#28]
I don't think your employer could claim your patent if it has nothing to do with their industry at all, especially if you worked on it on your own time. That could be easy to prove since it has nothing to do with your job or their business, so you'd really have no way to work on it on the clock. Those types of employee agreements are only if the employee comes up with something the employer could use in their industry. I would see a patent attorney about it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 5:11:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Got a new one to add to the list. I've designed something that might be patentable. No details, but it's a novel mechanism for an existing type of product that accomplishes the same thing in a much more reliable manner, and I've never seen anything out there that works like mine.

I haven't done all my research yet, but I seem to recall my employee handbook agreement thingy says that any patents I file for while employed there automatically belong to my employer, even it it was done on my own time and has nothing to do with my employer's industry. This idea has absolutely nothing to do with my employer's industry, but it is for something that would almost exclusively be used by right-wing consumers. If I were to ask too openly about it, our left-wing corporate lawyers and HR karens would start screeching at the top of their lungs. So I have to tread carefully even in doing research.

Worst case, first few of these items are for personal use and would be gifted to a few friends, and if I never do anything commercial with it, that's fine by me.

Anyway, I tell my buddy about it, and he immediately says I should patent it. I say that I might not be able to patent it because of my employee contract, but I'm not sure how that works yet. He says, "Well let's just patent it in my name and I'll give you all the money, that way your employer doesn't take it."

Him, "It's not fraud, it's just you finding a way to not follow that line in your contract and get more money for yourself."

Me, "And I'd be wrong to deceptively avoid that restriction that I already signed my name to, especially if it involves them not getting a patent they are contractually obligated to."

Him, "So just don't tell them. It's not fraud, you're just finding a way to not pay them."

Me,
View Quote

I don't see how your employer could enforce something like that. I have worked with dipshits that insisted they owned what they produced on company time with company assets, but that doesn't sound like your situation.
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 5:29:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Me,
View Quote

Did you use company resources to design it? Then yeah, they might have some claim to it in my mind.

If not, f em.
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 5:31:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Tom Segura - Some People Are Dumb
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 5:39:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Yes, he lives in my head, we have good talks, he doesn't talk when anyone else is around, and for some reason my video camera mics cannot hear his voice. He is a very good friend.
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 5:42:51 PM EDT
[#33]
The only idea that I ever had that I though was actually and legit a thing that could come to fruition and make money was for vending machines.  The lunch room at the company I worked for had this vending machine that always stole my money.  The bag of chips got stuck...all the time.

I thought it would be a fucking great idea to create a machine that either had a laser eye sensor or just a plate at the bottom that sensed when the product landed.  Until then, the screw thing that moves the product forward would keep rocking back and forth and inching forward little by little, until it sensed it dropped.

I shit you not within a week, said vending machine with said feature appeared in the lunch room.  There went my road to riches.
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 5:45:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Nowadays it's mostly people trying to make their EBT card look like a Black AmEx though, probably.
View Quote

Now that one I can help with.

Link Posted: 9/12/2023 5:53:40 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm in a bit of a different dynamic.

I have a buddy who is a tech genius and is mildly into guns. He bounces wild ideas off of me. Most are stupid, like magazines that come in half for easier loading, etc.

The thing I hear from him most often after he storms off for a few days after I give him my thoughts are: "Oh, by the way, you were right about that...."
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 7:13:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Honestly combining the veryyyyyy exotic borderline 1880s freak show with a semi-porn strip mall complex  with goat racing ....would make 100's of millions!,,

If only I had 10 million to get started can you even do that in the US now ...mid 90s savanna sucked when pastees emerged, that was after the underwear thing...El paso was known for
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 7:14:16 PM EDT
[#37]
I always thought a combination BBQ joint and crematory would make the most efficient use of physical plant and fuel.
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 7:38:13 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm usually that guy.
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 7:47:37 PM EDT
[#39]
pothead? drunk?
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 7:50:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I always thought a combination BBQ joint and crematory would make the most efficient use of physical plant and fuel.
View Quote

Hickory smoked grandma!
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 7:53:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Yes, he lives in my head, we have good talks, he doesn't talk when anyone else is around, and for some reason my video camera mics cannot hear his voice. He is a very good friend.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/12/2023 8:04:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Thats a scam for $2k...but you definitely can copy his mag strip onto a new one and have it be usable, with a $50 reader. copying the chip is also possible, but more difficult/involved.
find a darkweb carding forum, the info is out there.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 10:22:56 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Old high school friend of mine is quite technologically illiterate and always has the craziest ideas. He bounces a lot of ideas off me because I have lots of software design experience, 3D printers, some electronics design knowledge, etc. But most of his ideas just aren't even possible and he lacks the basic computing/electronics knowledge to understand why.

Today, he called me about making a copy of his credit card. He wants to get rid of his plastic one, and have a sheet steel one because "that would be really cool". He claims he found metal credit card blanks for sale online, and just needs me to program the chip and RFID to match his current card. Here I am as an IT professional trying to explain that "No, you can't just break into the mini-HSM on your card and copy the private key to another device. Any HSM that isn't Chinese counterfeit junk is certified to have non-exportable private keys, and I'm 100% certain that includes chipped credit cards."

Of course, there is no way for me to dumb down the topics of public key cryptography, RSA, code signing operations, and hardware security modules. One of my job roles is administrator of the company's HSM and code signing keys, so I know a thing or two about it even if I don't know the details on how credit cards do it. Meanwhile, my friend failed 9th grade Microsoft Office class, never got beyond Algebra I, and gets ripped off by multiple scams each year. Best I could say is "That's impossible for us to do. Might be possible for the NSA, might be possible (but probably illegal as hell) if you worked at the bank that issued the card and were willing to break all the rules. But not us." Worst part is I don't think he believes me, and he says he found some company online that will do exactly what he wants if you mail them the card and pay $200. I told him I would be shocked if that wasn't a scam, but he didn't believe me on that.

This same guy also wanted to DIY a waste oil furnace for his house, out of a rusty old burn barrel and some dryer vents. He had some basic back-of-napkin designs drawn up and was all ready to start without me. But he didn't understand my concerns about CO poisoning. Or the fact that I don't know the first thing about HVAC and I'm certain there are all kinds of permits/certifications required in order for his home owner's insurance to not drop him in a heartbeat when they find out about this. Or my fire concerns because his house looks like something from the TV show Hoarders, completely full of 3-foot high piles of junk that have 12" footpaths cutting through and he thinks it's a good idea to put a damned burn barrel in the middle of all that. I wasn't able to talk him out of this idea, but at least it ended up on his huge list of projects he never got around to (yet).

He's one of my best friends, but I cringe anytime he calls me up and says "Hey, I have an idea and I need your help" because I know it's going to be something that will either kill you, burn your house down, require the full resources of NASA or the NSA, blatantly violate the laws of thermodynamics, and/or accidentally land you in prison if you survive.

Surely I can't be alone in this. You have any stories about friends with crazy harebrained schemes who call you up because they know it's at least adjacent to your area of expertise? But then they don't believe you when you give an answer they don't like and can't understand?
View Quote

This guy sounds cool! I wish I had friends like that. It would be fun
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top