Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/9/2020 4:37:00 PM EDT
I have one rifle with a scope level. But the level isn't level when the scope is, so it's useless, and it has no real adjustments. It's a Talley, made to replace the top half of a Talley ring (my favorite rings, BTW). But the bubble leans to the left. If I reverse the ring and tighten both sides it leans to the right. I suppose I could shim it with foil and *possibly* align it better. I just have never bothered with the level - I installed it, saw that it wasn't plumb, and went on shooting without it. Now I'm thinking about replacing it with some other brand.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 4:45:20 PM EDT
[#1]
The one built into my Spuhr mounts.

If I was going to clamp one to the scope, it’d probably be the accuracy first unit:

The us optics one seems to be another favorite:

ETA: It sounds like you could solve your issue relatively easily though by keeping the front ring tight, and simply re-torquing the ring with the bubble. Tightening one side will pull the bubble one way or the other, it should be pretty easy to torque in such a way that the bubble is level with the reticle.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 4:46:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Just get one that clamps to the scope tube.  You can get stationary or fold out.  I just bought a cheapy off amazon.  It will teach you not to rely on terrain for visual clues.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 4:52:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It sounds like you could solve your issue relatively easily though by keeping the front ring tight, and simply re-torquing the ring with the bubble. Tightening one side will pull the bubble one way or the other, it should be pretty easy to torque in such a way that the bubble is level with the reticle.
View Quote

I tried that and it didn't really make a significant difference. That's how I ended up flipping it around, at which point the bubble just rolled to the other side.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 4:58:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Stay away from Vortex. They leak.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 5:00:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:A plum line, a flashlight, a dark room and a white wall.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/9/2020 5:02:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I like my XRS levels. I’m not a fan of the vortex units. If I wanted to pay more, much more, there’s other options but the XRS has been fine so far.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 5:07:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Nightforce.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 5:07:47 PM EDT
[#8]

I have that US Optics one on my SCAR 20. It seems nice enough and folding is really handy to tuck it out of the way.

Link Posted: 11/9/2020 5:17:57 PM EDT
[#9]
About any anti-cant device that attaches to the scope mount rail is the best kind. I use the US Optics on my precision sticks and have a couple others too.

The US Optics type I have. The vial folds in and has a cap.

These are only like $15.00 from MK Machining

Knight's Armament has this puppy that doesn't stick out on the side.

Link Posted: 11/9/2020 5:19:05 PM EDT
[#10]
I can't focus my eyes that close anymore, so a level is useless to me. I used to own the old U.S. Optics version but found it to be imprecise.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top