Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2024 7:57:25 PM EDT
...and why?

I want to do singles or a multi unit that allows them to be flat against the wall and
zig zag up and down.

Like this but only 4-5 in the space:

Link Posted: 7/29/2024 8:47:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/30/2024 1:25:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: splitbolt] [#2]
Diamond Life.

Choice of 3", 6" and 12" hangers; 3" is flat to wall, 6" adjusts up to 45°, 12" adjusts up to 90°.
Hangers have a locking feature to secure them to the slatboard...
Choice of chrome or black hangers...
Laminated slatboard can be had in a variety of finishes or non-laminated aluminum finishes.
Quality system...

IMO, seperate hangers on stud-spacing would look sparse for the 2-3 pattern you want...
Link Posted: 7/30/2024 11:27:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice guitars! I don’t use hangers because of what it does to the nitro. I know they have “nitro safe” hangers but it still leaves a little bit of rash. Plus I don’t really have the wall space. All guitars that are out go in the case every night before bed.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 10:44:12 PM EDT
[#4]
My 30 year old Off the Wall hanger that has not harmed the lacquer on the rather pricey vintage Gibson its been holding for years.

Link Posted: 8/1/2024 11:24:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Czechers:
My 30 year old Off the Wall hanger that has not harmed the lacquer on the rather pricey vintage Gibson its been holding for years.

https://i.postimg.cc/MpS6C3TD/20230103-084022.jpg
View Quote

I know most of the newer ones don’t melt the lacquer like the older ones did. It’s only really visible under a black light. Not a big issue I know, just something I don’t care to do.
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 2:57:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DM1975:

I know most of the newer ones don’t melt the lacquer like the older ones did. It’s only really visible under a black light. Not a big issue I know, just something I don’t care to do.
View Quote

And it was off and on over 30 years but I've had that hanger since maybe 1990? The new ones that GC sells now have a CGI image where they superimposed a foam sleeve over the rubber arms. Can't find a single actual image of the new ones.  Zzounds link says safe for anything but fresh lacquer and it's a duller rubber than my old one...

Zzounds Off the Wall hangar
Link Posted: 8/8/2024 9:40:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Hercules

Link Posted: 8/17/2024 4:14:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Here is my installation of the Hercules product. Seems very sturdy. These particular ones lock the guitar in place by its weight. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/21/2024 10:43:18 AM EDT
[#9]
I have my best acoustics on Hercules floor stands when they are out of their cases.
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 6:08:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Hercules is the best I have found.

Link Posted: 8/24/2024 2:03:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top