BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:10:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Chisum:

We used to call them con artists and scammers. We made them respectable and legitimate by calling them Influencers. I refuse to consider them respectable when they don't disclose who is paying them to BS us..
View Quote

There are several channels that don’t belong to Leviathan group
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:16:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't really follow gun tuber channels (except occasionally Garand Thumb's). But I have no beef with them. Seems a bit Karen-like to call them out unless they're completely off the rez, offering dangerous, life-threatening advice.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:16:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By dmnoid77:

You've highlighted the problem.  To establish profitability, you need to build an audience.  To sustain profits, you need to tell your audience what they want to hear.  Welcome to modern media.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LawyerUp:

It's tempting to take the money for these things. I had to cut back to maybe two per month, and then choose things that wouldn't piss of my audience. Which means things I actually like and use myself. In reality, practicing law is mostly you don't turn down unpopular cases that pay well. In the content creator business, whoring something your audience doesn't like really hurts your credibility. In the practice of law, nobody blinks at the reality that you are there to make money. With influencer stuff, it's like how dare you earn money, lol. With the gun tubers, the platforms have throttled them, so the brand deals I would think are a large share of the revenue.

You've highlighted the problem.  To establish profitability, you need to build an audience.  To sustain profits, you need to tell your audience what they want to hear.  Welcome to modern media.

Eh, ragebait is a time-honored American tradition.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:21:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Where is OP at?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:35:53 AM EDT
[#5]

The fact that it exists as a viable career field is cringeworthy, but that is exactly what they do.
View Quote

Do you think the same for actors in Hollywood?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:38:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By rhill:

How many GD posters are "blackpilled" types who routinely post "voting doesn't matter"  or "if voting mattered they wouldn't let us do it" or other similar stuff?
View Quote

Don't trust people who claim we need to give up the fight. They are freedom's dead weight. It is one thing to grow momentarily weary, re-energize, and get back in the fight. They aren't the problem. The ones to look out for are the ones who suck up resources, and space, but won't fight. We don't need dead weight.

When faced with a mutiny, Gen. Washington would execute the instigators on the spot. They were nothing but a cancer in the ranks.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:54:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By jm0502:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jm0502:

The fact that it exists as a viable career field is cringeworthy, but that is exactly what they do.

I have no expectation for Hollywood actors to be informative, nor do their product endorsements carry any weight.  To the degree that I provide them compensation, it is in return for entertainment.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:30:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Southernman077:
Where is OP at?
View Quote
Working!
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:34:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#9]
Originally Posted By PacNW5:

There are several channels that don’t belong to Leviathan group
View Quote

MrGunsNGear belongs to Crowder's network.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:35:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Fear sells and gets views.  Nobody is going to watch those bobbleheads on YouTube if they have a video that says "everything is going to be great, no need to worry".
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:46:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Shootindave:

Objectively not true.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JaredC1:
Originally Posted By saigamanTX:

Not all Guntubers are the enemy but there are some that are in it for sales and views.

All guntubers are in it for sales, views and clicks. Without exception

Doesn’t mean they also may be 2A supporters but their primary function is profiting.

Nothing wrong with it. Just keep it mind.

Objectively not true.

I anxiously await all the examples you have of the guntubers who aren’t concerned with making a profit.

In fact, if they simply can’t avoid making a profit, I’m sure they’re donating all money earned from their channel to 2A lobbyists
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:02:21 PM EDT
[#12]
If I was going to pick a YouTube gun channel to complain about MrGunsngear would be way down on the list.

He's one of the better ones out there IMO.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:05:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Never_A_Wick:
He’s an attention whore, but so are a lot of other guntubers.
View Quote

People who make a living shooting guns, making videos and somehow generating advertising revenue from it?

What becomes the motivating factor?

Because we all need money to buy food and make house payments, etc.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:07:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#14]
Originally Posted By TugJob:
If I was going to pick a YouTube gun channel to complain about MrGunsngear would be way down on the list.

He's one of the better ones out there IMO.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

I'd start with IV8888 and his past refusal to talk about 2A advocacy before he started a podcast or his pay sheet for reviews got leaked.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:24:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:28:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shootindave] [#16]

I anxiously await all the examples you have of the guntubers who aren’t concerned with making a profit.

In fact, if they simply can’t avoid making a profit, I’m sure they’re donating all money earned from their channel to 2A lobbyists
View All Quotes

Not all Guntubers are the enemy but there are some that are in it for sales and views.

Doesn’t mean they also may be 2A supporters but their primary function is profiting.

Objectively not true.

#1: People dedicating time to something like that, should be concerned with making a profit.

However, since your hyperbolic and sarcastic statements have attracted me to attempt to be helpful to you, here are some examples of people who offer a wide range of FREE knowledge, which you should be paying thousands of dollars for or risking your life to learn

Brent0331, Christopher Larsen, Grunt Proof, Trench Grenade

Honestly the list could go on. These are off the top of my head.

Do some of these people have associated businesses? Yes.

Are they trying to sell you crap products based upon bunk reviews for their own personal gain? No.

Even moderately large channels will barely break even with large sponsors. Ammo, gas, TIME, is not cheap. There are financial investments to make content and the juice is not worth the squeeze.  

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:32:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Influencers.. strange title. There are ZERO youtubers that have influenced any decision I've ever made.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:38:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Counterpoint: The right in general and gun owners in particular tend to eat their own. Mr Guns N Gear isn't your enemy. If you want to stretch and call him an imperfect ally, fine.

In-group demonization of false enemies only serve to dilute a political movement over time.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:45:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Sex sells.  And if you don't have sex appeal, then fear works just as well.

Also feels like gun YouTubers are making a lot more videos now that YouTube advertisements have gone down.  They have to make a daily video or two even if there's no significant news.  And theyre branching out into non-2a areas.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:47:48 PM EDT
[#20]
YouTube and Social Media are probably the best thing that ever happened in most of those Losers lives. Otherwise they would be sucking dick at the bus station for money to live on.

Imagine a doctor (or other profession) that went thru years of school to leave their practice to do YouTube videos where they react to other videos already recorded by someone else.  That dude must have been a shitty doctor to give up all the work they put in previously.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:50:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By ZippZ:
Sex sells.  And if you don't have sex appeal, then fear works just as well.

Also feels like gun YouTubers are making a lot more videos now that YouTube advertisements have gone down.  They have to make a daily video or two even if there's no significant news.  And theyre branching out into non-2a areas.
View Quote

Ad revenue is way down to the point most channels can't support themselves off ad revenue anymore. They're a good way to advertise for other monetization schemes like Patreon, sponsors, Merch or other social media.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:53:18 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By LongTrang:
"Influencers"

“Don’t forget to hit that like and subscribe button and consider becoming a member to support the channel for more exclusives.”

How about no mother fucker? Go and get a real job like the rest of us!
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:28:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JaredC1] [#23]

#1: People dedicating time to something like that, should be concerned with making a profit.

However, since your hyperbolic and sarcastic statements have attracted me to attempt to be helpful to you, here are some examples of people who offer a wide range of FREE knowledge, which you should be paying thousands of dollars for or risking your life to learn

Are they trying to sell you crap products based upon bunk reviews for their own personal gain? No.

Even moderately large channels will barely break even with large sponsors. Ammo, gas, TIME, is not cheap. There are financial investments to make content and the juice is not worth the squeeze.  

View All Quotes

Objectively not true.

I randomly selected one from your list.

Gruntproof.

Their YouTube page has multiple ways of earning money on top of their pay from views.

If they weren’t concerned with making money, why the added links that produces even more income?

Why not link to the 2A lobbyists they support or some other charity that benefits the advancement of 2A?

Profits aren’t dirty or bad and it’s fine if you like them.

It’s also fine if you lie to yourself that they don’t want money from their endeavors.

But don’t lie to other internet strangers.

Also your literal first sentence is agreeing with the whole premise of my post. They’re all in it for the money.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:59:59 PM EDT
[#24]

Gruntproof.

Their YouTube page has multiple ways of earning money on top of their pay from views.

If they weren’t concerned with making money, why the added links that produces even more income?

Why not link to the 2A lobbyists they support or some other charity that benefits the advancement of 2A?

It’s also fine if you lie to yourself that they don’t want money from their endeavors.

Also your literal first sentence is agreeing with the whole premise of my post. They’re all in it for the money.
View All Quotes

Objectively not true.

Gruntproof.

I have no idea what you are going on about. I wish you the best of luck in your quest.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:11:55 PM EDT
[#25]

Gruntproof.

View Quote

Correct.

Making videos/editing them is actually a lot of work and most people(casual
Hobbyists aside) aren’t doing it for the fun of it.

Ben Stoeger gives all kinds of free advice and tips on his channel, hell he even posts some of his classes.

I am sure he is going to tell you that the motive is to sell classes.  He’s pretty honest like that.

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:12:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PacNW5] [#26]
Originally Posted By KnightStick:
YouTube and Social Media are probably the best thing that ever happened in most of those Losers lives. Otherwise they would be sucking dick at the bus station for money to live on.

Imagine a doctor (or other profession) that went thru years of school to leave their practice to do YouTube videos where they react to other videos already recorded by someone else.  That dude must have been a shitty doctor to give up all the work they put in previously.
View All Quotes

https://youtube.com/@aliabdaal

This guy is an MD from Cambridge and does YT full time. He cleared $4mm last year.

Originally Posted By 11boomboom:

I didn’t know Crowder network was a thing. I still see MrGNG on Leviathan tribe’s page. No judgment from me, I hope everybody does well.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:19:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Mike is one of the better Guntubers, he explains things so that they make sense to me, I.e., he doesn't talk like a lawyer.

And to have folks from Arfcom GD accuse others of being "defeatist" is the height of irony.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:32:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Mrgunsngear is a solid dude.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:38:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Chisum:

Don't trust people who claim we need to give up the fight. They are freedom's dead weight. It is one thing to grow momentarily weary, re-energize, and get back in the fight. They aren't the problem. The ones to look out for are the ones who suck up resources, and space, but won't fight. We don't need dead weight.

When faced with a mutiny, Gen. Washington would execute the instigators on the spot. They were nothing but a cancer in the ranks.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:54:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Tobysi:
Mrgunsngear is a solid dude.
View Quote

True and I have never seen anything to the contrary.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:00:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Panic buying is good for business
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:20:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FMJshooter] [#32]
Whatever gets views gets posted it's no different than the MSM at this point.

Poke your viewers nerves - > gain views.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:36:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Former11BRAVO] [#33]
Originally Posted By tspike:
Influencers.. strange title. There are ZERO youtubers that have influenced any decision I've ever made.
View Quote

I don't use the term.

I call them "YouTube personalities".

ETA: spelling. It's a thing!
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:46:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:01:26 AM EDT
[#35]

This guy is an MD from Cambridge and does YT full time. He cleared $4mm last year.

I didn’t know Crowder network was a thing. I still see MrGNG on Leviathan tribe’s page. No judgment from me, I hope everybody does well.
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By 11boomboom:

I have a law degree and I'm pretty confident that I've made more with my YT channel in the past year than any salaried lawyer in my state, and I'm guessing the large majority of physicians, if not all of them.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:40:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By LawyerUp:

I have a law degree and I'm pretty confident that I've made more with my YT channel in the past year than any salaried lawyer in my state, and I'm guessing the large majority of physicians, if not all of them.
View Quote

Makes sense to me.

What you incentivize will happen.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:06:39 AM EDT
[#37]
guntubers
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:14:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BoRdErBaCoN] [#38]
I only trust the Dirty-Kid guys.

Edit -

Ok - and maybe the Tacticon guys.
Page / 2